• LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

CPAC 2012 Straw Poll

February 26, 2009
    Conservatives begin voting on their 2012 favorite
    Posted: 12:48 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

John McCain finished fifth in the 2007 CPAC Straw Poll.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — One of the highlights of this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference will be the annual CPAC Straw Poll, in which conference attendees will vote on which politician should win the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. The results to be released on Saturday, but balloting at the conference has already begun.

So who’s on this year’s ballot? A host of GOP rising stars, each of whom represent a different path for the party.

Here are the choices: Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, and “Undecided.” There’s also space on the ballot for a write-in-candidate.

The results, culled from the party’s most resolute activists, could go a long way in shoring up a presidential hopeful’s conservative resume, as was the case with Romney when he won the straw poll in 2007 in 2008. But the eventual Republican nominee – Sen. John McCain — finished fifth in the 2007 vote, and lost to Romney in 2008 as conservatives at the conference expressed frustration that the senate maverick was close to cinching up the nomination.

CPAC attendees will also be able to vote on their approval of President Obama and Republicans in Congress.

a:10:{i:6250;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6250;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:14:"Mittens Romney";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"6381";}}i:6251;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6251;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:38:"Sarah - Forgot to pay my taxes - Pailn";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:3:"175";}}i:6252;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6252;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:32:"Mike Huckabee aka The Bassplayer";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6253;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6253;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:8:"Ron Paul";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:5:"23060";i:1;s:5:"22484";i:2;s:5:"12533";}}i:6254;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6254;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:35:"Charlie - I'm engaged,really- Crist";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6255;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6255;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:18:"Rudy-911- Guiliani";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6256;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6256;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:24:"Tim Who am I? - Pawlenty";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6257;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6257;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:37:"Newt - Are you kidding me? - Gingrich";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"24284";}}i:6258;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6258;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:12:"Mark Sanford";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6259;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6259;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"50263";s:5:"title";s:29:"Bobyy - The Exorcist - Jindal";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"6584";i:1;s:2:"32";}}}
    0%
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Ron Paul

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Piyush/Moosealini 2012!!!

Comedy Central could get an exclusive on the Repuke Convention coverage.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I pray they run Jindahl.

Comment

• Combat Ready
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Mittens? Now that's pretty fucking funny.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

He'll buy his way in [again]

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Republicans are like a rudderless ship in search of the ghost of Reagan...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It must kill the Repukes to know that the son of their false Messiah has a radio show on Air America.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Ron's show is great, too.

Perfect 3pm pick-me-up

Comment

• Combat Ready
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    The Republicans are like a rudderless ship in search of the ghost of Reagan...
                    Exactly right on. They pissed away their opportunity when they had the majority. They have lost all credibility to criticize dems for big government spending. As a result they are doubly fucked--democrat voters know they're full of shit...And Libertarians know it too.

I think the repubs have benefited from Libertarian minded voters more than the average person would believe. The chance to get these voters to "settle" for the lesser of two evils is gone.... Deservedly so.

Comment

• swage33
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2009

Sarah forgot to pay my taxes Palin? Every other Dude Obama has nominated for his cabinet has some sort of tax problem. No wonder Dems are for higher taxes....they don't pay them.......I gotta get a thanx on this one!
                      High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But the question is WHY did Sarah forget to pay her taxes? Could it be because she and Todd are members of the "Alaskan Independence Party" and don't consider themselves Americans in the first place?

I could accuse Tom Daschle of any number of things, but being a secessionist isn't likely to be one of them.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by swage33
                          Sarah forgot to pay my taxes Palin? Every other Dude Obama has nominated for his cabinet has some sort of tax problem. No wonder Dems are for higher taxes....they don't pay them.......I gotta get a thanx on this one!
                          Not sure I get your point.

First, it was NOT "every other"

And how does the 2 that did, excuse Pailn?

Explain that, and I'll give you your thanks.

Comment

• swage33
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            Not sure I get your point.

First, it was NOT "every other"

And how does the 2 that did, excuse Pailn?

Explain that, and I'll give you your thanks.

C'mon, Lounge...you know how to bitch about things you don't dig...you dramatize and over play reality so dummies will believe you. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Now, gimme that thanx...I know you got it on ya!
                            High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Q: How do you get a Democrat to pay taxes?

A: Nominate them to a cabinet position.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...