X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Any Country Fans Round Here?

I know this ain't the place but... a little diversity never hurt no one...

A close friend of mine who plays drums took a job playing for these youngsters in the Ryan Couron Band who wanted to kick up their live show with some major balls!! He's an old rock drummer from the 80's and was bored so he bit...

All their studio work was done with mostly Nashville and Memphis based studio musicians. They have a benefactor who's spotting them to get noticed. They were looking for someone to help them with their live sound so my buddy recommended me.

I worked with them for about a week before their CD release party at Juanita's in Little Rock a few weeks ago. The largest rock/country venue in town. I manned the board for them at the show. For a country band it actually kicked ass although a lot of their live versions are more closer to rock than country... didn't hurt having a killer sound system at the venue also.

The opening band Hwy 5 was pretty interesting... bunch of 18-20 year old punks playing mostly thru Marshalls with top of the line Gibsons their mommies bought em. They were best described as Heavy Metal Country... it's an interesting blend kinda like Dimebag meets Garth Brooks. It actually worked oddly enough...

Little shameless plug for the boys... check em out!!

Intro - Page: 1 of 1

Ryan Couron on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

The line between what used to be called "country", and Rock and Roll has become increasingly blurred over the years.

What we used to refer to as "southern rock", e.g. Skynyrd, Hatchet, ZZ, is now what's passing for "country"

I will say this for today's country, the women are hot.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Andy Taylor
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      country... diversity...

Anyway, I'm a fan of Neko Case. Don't listen to more 'regular' country like this one here.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Country ain't bad when it's done right. Unfortunately the "Nashville establishment" would rather do it right-wing. And every bit as corporate contrived as American Idol.

But give me Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, or Merle Haggard any time. And Hank Williams Sr & III but not Jr.

As far as the more modern stuff goes, Garth Brooks puts on one Hell of a live show. Keith Urban can actually play guitar, and (as previously mentioned) there are some fine lookin' women on CMT.

And now, for some old school country...... Grateful Dead style

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZEFLJDEQ5E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZEFLJDEQ5E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Andy Taylor
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

I remember a time when I had to endure Garth Brooks.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
            I remember a time when I had to endure Garth Brooks.
            Garth Brooks is the Duran Duran of country music.....

Except he plays an instrument.
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Andy Taylor
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Har de har.

Duran > Garth> you

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O2uslqysYH0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O2uslqysYH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

He looks like a younger McCain.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Always appreciated "old school" country...

When REAL men played guitar....

Don Rich & the Buckaroos backing Buck Owens.....

CLASSIC

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Dalton Brothers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/74SHiOlFULo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/74SHiOlFULo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Something familiar about these guys.... can't put my finger on exactly what it is.....
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C--MI0VkNuA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C--MI0VkNuA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I thought I was just getting old.. But I agree that the borders
                          between Country - Rock/Pop are far more blurred these days...
                          I guess there was only so much they could do with C,G and D ?
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

And what's everyone think about Western these days ??
                            We have both types of music here ya know !!!
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

BTW, Congrats Zahzoo on getting the mix... Cool !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...