• Feb 2004

Definitely Not VH. Not even close

Comment

• Hummarstra
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Onofrio
      Definitely Not VH. Not even close
      I agree. Sounds like a couple of Ed and Alex wannabees.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

"Fresh" was almost universally determined to be bogus years ago. It's intended to sound like a Van Halen unreleased song, but apparently it's not, that's just how it was recorded. It was discredited as a Van Halen song about the same time "Black Star", "All That I Need" and "Sleepless Nights" were revealed to be George Lynch and Mick Brown's first band.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by darkknight
          Does not sound like VH. That sounds like a mess. Guitar sound is shit. Drums sound is shit. The playing is shit. You guys must be deaf.
          Marlee Matlin knew it wasn't them.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I've heard this before.... no way it's VH, especially not 1984.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Suppose it COULD be the Van Halens and Mike (sounds like there is a bass in there)...regardless of who it actually was, some decent ideas in there.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

It IS Van Halen you fucking retards!

I think it's from the 5150 era as it has that guitar sound...

I play guitar bass and drums and have studied Van Halen since I was 12...

EVERY BIT of the guitar is characteristic Edward, and the drums sound like Alex...

What little bass you can hear could easily be Anthony...

What if Right Now never made it on an album, but a practice demo got leaked. Would you queers insist it's not Van halen ??

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If somebody told me this was a demo from the 2004 "Upchuck Your Breakfast" sessions, I might believe it. Or even the Ou82muchcheese sessions because of the electronic drum kit.

But no way this is from 1984. And the tapping parts of the solo sound so lame that it couldn't possibly be Eddie. Unless it was during the Velveetapalooza Trainwreck '04 era, as I said before.

Van HALEN at their peak? Not a chance in Hell.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    What if Right Now never made it on an album, but a practice demo got leaked. Would you queers insist it's not Van halen ??
                    Yes. It's Van Hagar!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well.... actually there was a demo from somewhere around 1984 with Eddie playing what would later be the keyboard intro to "Right Now", but he was playing it on guitar.

I think it ended up in that horrible sounding bootleg compilation that Brad $tarks circulated through the VHML about 10 years ago, but I haven't heard it since.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Maybe after Dave left and before Hagar came in?

Comment

• darkknight
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2004

EVERY BIT of the guitar is characteristic Edward, and the drums sound like Alex...

Well I've been playing guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, mandolin, etc... for 30 years and swung from Ed's nutsack the first 10 and this IS NOT Ed and Alex. This is garbage. It's a couple of assholes playing through a Rockman and trash cans in Finland. This is bullshit. Not even close.

I sent the link to Michael Anthony's website to see if he can answer for sure. I asked a couple weeks ago about the Gentlemen of Leisure demo that was recorded in '74 at Cherokee Studio and asked if he played on it. Surprisingly, he responded and said it wasn't him and most likely Mark Stone. Maybe he can answer this as well.
                          Last edited by darkknight; 05-02-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                            If somebody told me this was a demo from the 2004 "Upchuck Your Breakfast" sessions, I might believe it. Or even the Ou82muchcheese sessions because of the electronic drum kit.
                            Alex started messing with electronic drums prior to 1984...

I think this is 5150 or later perhaps...

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I'd say the drums, both the sound and style, certainly felt to me like something I'd imagine AVH would or could do...not sure if the toms were acoustic roto-toms, electronic, or a combination of both...the guitar work didin't impress upon me the notion "yes, this is EVH" quite as strongly as the drums did with AVH. It could well be a VH demo...a neat jam / series of riffs in any case.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

IIRC, it's a couple of swedes having a lark...
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...