X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Today in History - August 6 - Hiroshima

August 6, 1945 - World War II: Hiroshima is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning.

the significance of this very day can be disputed but I know that we dropped a bomb to end a war, in the process killing 10's of thousands, but saved 100's of thousands of lives. what if we didn't "drop the bomb"? how many more lives would be lost? Fortunately, now Japan is our ally.

Congratulations to the US in one of it's last real shows of military might. ever since then, pussies have ruled our military with a strategy to back down and show restraint and weakness.

what about the Korean War? If we dropped the bomb on those guys back in the 50's, maybe they would be our friends today, and we wouldn't have some nutcase in command, and a school breeding hatred for the US.
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom

what about the Korean War? ... maybe they would be our friends today

Well, good ole Bill was just hanging out with Kim Jong Ill. Kim Jong even gave Bill two women as a parting gift. What a flight back that probably was.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Congratulations to the US in one of it's last real shows of military might. ever since then, pussies have ruled our military with a strategy to back down and show restraint and weakness.
      So we should just bomb the fuck out of whomever we disagree with? Kill hundreds of thousands to prove a point rather than take a more diplomatic and humanitarian approach??

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        So we should just bomb the fuck out of whomever we disagree with? Kill hundreds of thousands to prove a point rather than take a more diplomatic and humanitarian approach??

I wouldn't call WW II a disagreement. Pearl Harbor wasn't a very diplomatic nor humanitarian approach.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          I wouldn't call WW II a disagreement. Pearl Harbor wasn't a very diplomatic nor humanitarian approach.

True, but the body count wasn't in the hundreds of thousands, and this tool is implying we should settle EVERY conflict in that manner.
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

[I]
            the significance of this very day can be disputed but I know that we dropped a bomb to end a war, in the process killing 10's of thousands, but saved 100's of thousands of lives.
            That is very very debatable and probably just the propoganda used at the time.

Many historians have shown that the Japs were about to surrender anyway and the bombs were dropped to scare the soviets.

Comment

• Mushroom
              Commando
              • Jul 2009

no, you're taking my words to the extreme. I'm referring to our "cut and run" strategy that our enemies laugh at because we don't show any resolve. what's next? run from Afghanistan? I'm not saying we should start wars, Iraq was a big fucking mistake. but I'm saying if we start it, we better finish it. And sometimes to finish it means a show of strength.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

True, but the body count wasn't in the hundreds of thousands, and this tool is implying we should settle EVERY conflict in that manner.
                Again, you're misinterpreting my words. I didn't say the body count was in the 100's of thousands. I said the body count, including the US, could have been raised 10's or 100's of thousands more if we did not drop the bomb!

Comment

• Mushroom
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Many historians have shown that the Japs were about to surrender anyway and the bombs were dropped to scare the soviets.
                  sorry Sesh, but in War, it's better the enemy, than me or my country. What if some country comes to invade US? A foreign military on US soil. We have a bunch of pansies and pussies in the US that would not show any resolve. compare that to those guys in Afghanistan.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I often wonder why many Americans seem to live in fear all the time about stuff that will not happen.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Do you work for FAUX News, or just want to?

What if some country comes to invade US? A foreign military on US soil. We have a bunch of pansies and pussies in the US that would not show any resolve. compare that to those guys in Afghanistan.
                      That is such a retarded, worst-case scenario premise to begin with. The only country with a large enough army to do that is China, and they don't have the means to physically GET their troops here en masse, so we're probably OK on that one...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

That is such a retarded, worst-case scenario premise to begin with. The only country with a large enough army to do that is China, and they don't have the means to physically GET their troops here en masse, so we're probably OK on that one...
                        I know that. the US will be a Super Power Evil Empire for Eternity!!!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

You mean many revisionist and the anti-nuclear crowd. Japan had no intention of surrender. In fact, if you studied history at all Japan was preparing its citizens for landing invasions by order of the Emperor instead of opting for surrender conditions. As for the Soviets they had no idea what an atomic bomb was at the time apart from what little information their spies had reported back to the Stalin government; Hiroshima itself was a city chosen simply because it had a good share of the pie in airplane manufacturing which had to be crushed before an invasion (which was still on the charts) to begin.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

August 6, 1945 - World War II: Hiroshima is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning.

the significance of this very day can be disputed but I know that we dropped a bomb to end a war, in the process killing 10's of thousands, but saved 100's of thousands of lives. what if we didn't "drop the bomb"? how many more lives would be lost? Fortunately, now Japan is our ally.

what about the Korean War? If we dropped the bomb on those guys back in the 50's, maybe they would be our friends today, and we wouldn't have some nutcase in command, and a school breeding hatred for the US.
                            Here's a good idea - let's just fucking kill EVERYBODY on the planet, other than Americans. I mean, who knows when some country is going to attack us and kill a couple thousand people? Let's blow up the whole fucking middle east - that'll prevent it.

Who knows when some damn illegal immigrant is going to hold up a 7-11 and shoot a clerk? Let's blow up Mexico - that'll prevent it.

Who knows when some damn Canadian is going to come into the country, go for a drive and hit a U.S. citizen and bruise their ankle? Let's blow up Canada - that'll show 'em!

But...what if there are Americans that go Johnny Turncoat over all this and say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't be blowing everybody the fuck up"? Let's get all THOSE Americans into one section of the country and blow it up! That'll stop all dissent!

What if your neighbor then plays his music too loudly and it offends you? What if his kid hits a baseball through your window? What if his frisbee lands on your yard and he runs over to get it - that's trespassing! He's invading your land! Better blow him up before he does it!

Well...how 'bout we just blow EVERYBODY up except for you and then you'll FINALLY have your 'security'?

Fucking idiot.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

You dreamed up a fantasy concept but you are talking about Pre-Emptive strikes, which I did not suggest.

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              Here's a good idea - let's just fucking kill EVERYBODY on the planet, other than Americans. I mean, who knows when some country is going to attack us and kill a couple thousand people? Let's blow up the whole fucking middle east - that'll prevent it.

Who knows when some damn illegal immigrant is going to hold up a 7-11 and shoot a clerk? Let's blow up Mexico - that'll prevent it.

Who knows when some damn Canadian is going to come into the country, go for a drive and hit a U.S. citizen and bruise their ankle? Let's blow up Canada - that'll show 'em!

But...what if there are Americans that go Johnny Turncoat over all this and say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't be blowing everybody the fuck up"? Let's get all THOSE Americans into one section of the country and blow it up! That'll stop all dissent!

What if your neighbor then plays his music too loudly and it offends you? What if his kid hits a baseball through your window? What if his frisbee lands on your yard and he runs over to get it - that's trespassing! He's invading your land! Better blow him up before he does it!

Well...how 'bout we just blow EVERYBODY up except for you and then you'll FINALLY have your 'security'?

Fucking idiot.

Comment

Working...