Guns N’ Roses CD Tour continues in Canada!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pennypacker
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2009

Guns N’ Roses CD Tour continues in Canada!!

Chinese Democracy is coming to Canada in 2010.

As we told you last week, Axl Rose and his latest lineup of Guns N' Roses have announced a national tour of more than a dozen cities early in the new year, according to online reports.

The tour reportedly kicks off Jan. 13 in Winnipeg and winds its way across the country to Halifax on Feb. 4. This will be the band's first lengthy trek since the release of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album last year, and their first visit to Canada since 2006.

Guns N’ Roses — Rose, Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and DJ Ashba are scheduled to begin rehearsals in Los Angeles shortly, according to a press release. Stay tuned for more information on ticket prices and availability as it becomes available.

GN'R tour dates:

January

13 – Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre

16 – Calgary, AB – Pengrowth Saddledome

17 – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place

19 – Saskatoon, SK – Credit Union Centre

20 – Regina, SK – Brandt Centre

24 – Hamilton, ON – Copps Coliseum

25 – London, ON – John Labatt Centre

27 – Montreal, PQ – Bell Centre

28 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre

31 – Ottawa, ON – Scotiabank Place

February

1 – Quebec City, PQ – Colisee Pepsi

3 – Moncton, NB – Moncton Coliseum

4 – Halifax, NS – Metro Centre
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Hmmm.....anyone see this version yet?

Something to think about I guess.

Comment

• Pennypacker
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2009

I caught them in November 06 and Bumblefoot put on quite a show, very underrated. Axl was energetic and his voice was powerful which surprised me. I will always remember that epic encore with November Rain closing it out, with the sparks raining down on Axl on the grand piano.

Hopefully they play all 14 CD tunes this time around.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can just picture all these Canadians struggling home in the early hours of the morning in the middle of Winter because the ginger twat has left them waiting 2 hours before coming on with his cover band.

Make sure you are not relying on public transport to get you home, best to take the huskies with you...

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I can just picture all these Canadians struggling home in the early hours of the morning in the middle of Winter because the ginger twat has left them waiting 2 hours before coming on with his cover band.

Make sure you are not relying on public transport to get you home, best to take the huskies with you...
          Some of us have cars now.....

Comment

• Pennypacker
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2009

AHAAHAHA Sesh...

When I saw them, Bach opened for them. The ticket said 7:30 start time. Bach got on stage around 9,played some classic Row tunes, and left around 10. He came back on around 10:30 saying `Axl`s here everyone, the bands getting ready` etc etc. 11pm and Bach came back on to play some of his recent stuff and he left at 1145. It was 12:15am and everyone was getting restless. Finally, around 1230 the lights went out and the intro to WTTJ was played. We had no ride home at 330am. We walked the streets of downtown Toronto until 5 and a buddys uncle picked us up. I know now what to expect!!!

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pennypacker
              AHAAHAHA Sesh...

When I saw them, Bach opened for them. The ticket said 7:30 start time. Bach got on stage around 9,played some classic Row tunes, and left around 10. He came back on around 10:30 saying `Axl`s here everyone, the bands getting ready` etc etc. 11pm and Bach came back on to play some of his recent stuff and he left at 1145. It was 12:15am and everyone was getting restless. Finally, around 1230 the lights went out and the intro to WTTJ was played. We had no ride home at 330am. We walked the streets of downtown Toronto until 5 and a buddys uncle picked us up. I know now what to expect!!!
              Wow....unreal.

Our arena is on the outer edge of the city....you gotta drive or bus it...no walking.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Saw 'em open for The Cult in '88 @ The C.N.E. . Original lineup, first tour. A hungry band with nothing but the music for baggage. They'll never top it ,imo.
                Today? I wouldn't waste my money...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Fuckin' hell, who'd a thunk back in the day that Dizzy Reed would be the only member (besides Axl) left from a G n R era that was worth remembering?

Can't he get any other work, or has Axl just kept him on a motherfucker of a retainer?

Must have some dough squirrled away, or the ability to turn wasted time into cash.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Who gives a fuck?
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I guess Canada must be the only viable market Axl has left to him.

Well, maybe Germany also...I mean those assholes actually buy Hasselhoff albums, so maybe Axl could find an audience there, too...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Guess you Aussies will have to wait 20 years for the next leg of the Chinese Hypocrisy to occur in your neck of the woods.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I saw 'em a couple of years ago. The show was very good - tight and note perfect but lacking the danger, the restless abandon, of classic Guns. It was a little.............safe. Axl still has a lot of pressence though.

Didn't hit the stage until 12.30....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Best part of this story is that Axl wont have the energy or "namesake" to tour with Van Halen in the summer...
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pennypacker
                              Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and DJ Ashba
                              This is funny...last saturday, a radio show in Finland asked: "Which band is this and who's missing from this line-up?".

I was thinking...hey, I know Dizzy Reed...must be his old band back in the 80's, before he played on GNR...not the slightest idea

the answer was of course "Axl Rose" but who the hell knows this kind of stuff, like the current GNR line-up or it's players background...haahhah
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...