Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

Nativity My Ass - The Reality Of Jesus's Birth

For far too long, the Earth has been lied to by the Catholic Asswipers whose goal has been to suck as much money as possible out of the Sheep....er, I mean "faithful".

The following is true and factual information and can be found in your fambly Bible, or anywhere on the internet where there are discussions about the original Old and New Testament writings dating from the 1st-century AD and BEFORE.

1. Jesus Was Not Born In A Stable:

There is not a single reference to a stable in ANY authorized Gospel. There is no mention of an ox, an ass, nor any of the creatures commonly depicted as hanging around a 'manger', crapping on the straw, drooling as they absent-mindedly munch on their feed, or hay, or whatever the fuck they ate back then.
    Only 2 of the Four Gospels (Matthew and Luke) mention this event, while Mark and John do not mention it at all.

It plainly says in Matthew 2:11 that the location of Jesus's birth was a house.

The notion of Jesus being born in some kind of stable or other farmyard outbuilding derives from a single statement in 2:7 that says Mary laid him in a "manger, because there was no room in the Inn". But a manger is not a 'building', it is an animal feeding box. Thus the concept of an animal shed being where he was born was derived solely from the above verse, while ignoring the fact that Matthew specified the location as "a house".

As for the supposed "inn", the word "inn" was a corrupt translation. Such buildings or 'businesses' were unknown in the Middle East at that time, where it was common to invite travelers into one's home, and was regarded as a pious duty to do so.

The actual verse in the original Greek read there was "no topos in the kataluma, that is, "there was "no place in the room". Back then it was quite common for mangers to be used as substitute cradles when no actual ones were available.

Not only that, but back in the day, animals were not kept in separate buildings. They were kept in a separate room of the house.
    Most modern authorities believe the notion of him being born or being kept in some feed-box surrounded by animals was just meant to demonstrate his humble beginnings.

2. The Date

Matthew and Luke disagree on the date this happened.
    Matthew 2:3 states it happened while Herod reigned in Judea. Then, by stating in Matthew 2:22 that the king's son was Archaelus, the Herod in question can be seen as Herod I The Great, who died in the year 4 B.C.

Luke 2:1-2 claims Jesus was born in the year of the Judean census of Emperor Augustus, when Cyrenius was Governor of Syria. This census took place in the year 6 A.D., the last year of the reign of Herod's son Archaelus.

The anomaly is the result of a tradition of the Essenes, where a boy had two 'births', his 'physical' birth, and is 're-birth', that is, his "coming of age" birth.

It was the ancient version of today's Jewish "Bar-Mitzvah".

So, his coming out ceremony happening in 6 A.D. at age 12 would tend to indicate his actual birth being about 6 B.C., while Herod The Great was still ruler of Judea.

3. Jesus was obviously NOT the "Son of God" as there is a great deal of space spent in the New Testament listing his genealogy from the House Of David. Even though the Gospel of John does not mention the birth event specifically, John 7:42 DOES say "Hath not the scripture said, that Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem where David was". Also, St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans Chapter 1, verses 3-4 state: "Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God".

In Mark 10:47 AND Matthew 22:42 Jesus is called the "son of David". In Acts 2:30, Peter (referring to King David) calls Jesus the "fruit of his loins, according to the flesh".

My personal definition of this statement would be that he was the result of a lot of fucking.

These entries, along with the male-line geneological lists in Matthew and Luke, make it quite clear that Jesus was of human descent from King David.

IF he was an actual "son of God", he would have no male-line lineage whatsoever.

Not only that, in the New Testament, any time people asked him if he was the Son of God, he always replied the same way, some variant of "That's what YOU say".

All references to him as being the "Son of God" were by other people. In the New Testament, there are 45 statements such as "declared to be", "preached as", "believed to be", or "was called" the "Son Of God".

On the other side of the coin, there are 90 instances where he is called "the son of Man", most of which were Jesus referring to himself.

Then there is the fact that Jesus was not the only "Messiah" who supposedly died and rose again on the third day.

There are numerous others who came before Jesus who were supposedly "born of a virgin", "healed the sick", "raised the dead", etc.

Egyptian God Horus (3,000 B.C.) was born of a virgin on December 25th,
    the birth heralded by a star in the East, adored by 3 kings, was a teacher at age 12, baptized and began his ministry at age 30, had 12 disciples who traveled with him, performing miracles like healing the sick and walking on water, was known by many names like The Truth, The Light, God's Anointed Son, The Shepherd, The Lamb Of God, etc., and then after being betrayed by Typhon, he was crucified, was dead for 3 days and then was resurrected.

Other "gods" or "messiahs" with identical attributes include the Greek God Attis (1,200 B.C.) who was born of a virgin on Dec. 25th, was crucified, then resurrected after 3 days.

Krishna (India 900 B.C.) was born of a virgin with a star in the east, performed miracles and was resurrected

Greek God Dionysus (500 B.C.) was born of a virgin on December 25th, was a traveling teacher who performed miracles like turning water into wine, was called the "King of Kings", and when he died he was resurrected.

Persian named Mithra (1,200 B.C.) was born of a virgin on December 25th, had 12 disciples, performed miracles, and when he died he was dead for only 3 days and then resurrected.

And these are only a few of those "messiahs" or gods who had these same attributes.

3. Jesus's Parents And The Virgin Birth

I have often said that if God actually wrote the Ten Commandments, he had no intention of keeping them himself. If he said "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery", he most surely still fucked Mary, or sent one of his minions to fuck her on his behalf. I wonder what Joseph thought of that?

**knock knock knock**

"WHO IS IT?"
    "I am an angel of The Lord".
    "WHAT DO YOU WANT? DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS???"
    "I am here to fuck your wife."
    "Oh. Come on in!"

Uh...sure....right. Only a moron would believe such a scenario.

Joseph was never called a "carpenter" back in the day. He was refered to in the original Aramaic by the term naggar, which means "craftsman", or someone who worked with their hands. Some experts say that would most likely define someone as a scholar or master.

Then there is Mary, and the mis-translation of what she was. The original Semitic word that described her was almah, which meant "young woman". The Semitic word for physical virginity was bethulah.

In Latin, the word virgo simply meant "unmarried", and the Latin phrase meaning a physical virgin was virgo intacta.

What is truly stupid is the Catholic tradition that she was a virgin forever.
    Luke 2:27 clearly states Mary & Joseph were his parents. And all four of the Gospels mention the fact he was not an only child. The most specific of these instances being Mark 6:3 - which also clearly states Mary is his mom:

"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?"

Yes, Mary liked to fuck. Quite obvious, really.

There are other documents from back then which also mention Jesus's sisters by name, like the Protevangelion of James, in the Gospel of Philip, and in the Church's Apolistic Constitution.
    In the Panarion and the Ancoratus of Epiphanius they are mentioned as Mary, Salome, and Anna.
    Mary & Salome appear in Mark 15:47, while Mary & Joanna appear in Luke 24:10.

Jesus's sister Mary (known popularly as Mary Jacob) accompanied Mary Magdelene to Gaul (modern day France) in 44 A.D., according to The Acts Of Magdelene and the ancient MS History Of England which are in the Vatican Archives.

So anyway, when we talk about scams, this one takes the cake. Almost 2,000 years of utter bullshit, genocide on a massive scale (look up the Albigensian Crusade, for example), misery, suffering, death, and the extraction of trillions of dollars from peasants and common people who could not afford to give anything at all, all based on LIES.

I can get into Christmas as a sort of "End Of The Year" thing, where one takes a breather to hang out with friends and family and celebrate SURVIVING ANOTHER YEAR, but it is asshats like the Catholic Church, Jerry Falwell, Oral Sex Roberts, and the thousands of small-time crooks and hoodlums trying to steal money from everyone in the name of THE LORD-DUH! that disgust me.

Disclaimer: The above reflects the opinions of the author and even possibly Satan, and does not reflect the opinions of sheep or the management of rotharmy.com. it's parent companies and/or subsidiaries.

If you wanna believe in Santa Clause, or Jebus, or the Toof Fairy, be my guest. Not all Christians are bad. Just seems to me the ones in power are scum of the highest magnitude.

Merry Christmas everyone.

You may all begin your arguments, kicking and screaming about blasphemy, Jebus, Satan, God, or Ceiling and Basement Cat below.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Someone also mad Jesus the goat and the lamb of Yom Kipper. The lamb of course was the sacrifice for sin and the goat was loaded up with burdons and driven off into the desert. Some historians say much of the Jewish temple traditions actually came from Babylon or Egypt. I think Jesus was a popular person teaching common sense ethics and pointing out the hypocracy and stupidity of the Jewish temple system which was exploiting his people. Jesus was trying to bring people together instead of having religious, race, and cultural difference divide everybody.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I have often said that if God actually wrote the Ten Commandments, he had no intention of keeping them himself. If he said "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery", he most surely still fucked Mary, or sent one of his minions to fuck her on his behalf. I wonder what Joseph thought of that?
    It's actually even worse than that since the holy trinity means the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are one.

It's basically what you might think of as the Back To The Future scenario except Biff doesn't interrupt them in the car...

More likely is that the bunch of bronze age sheepherders who came up with all this nonsense didn't really think it through causing the theologians over the centuries to then spend their pointless lives trying to make sense of the senseless.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At Easter we can have a thread about how Jesus death absolutely and historically could not have happened the way it is claimed now.

This is the thing with the Jesus story, take away the nativity and the crucifixian and what are you left with?

The amazing thing is that if you listen to a really senior expert theologian like the current Archbishop of Cantebury he will agree that the nativity story is not factual and did not happen the way it is usually described.

They just don't mention that too much to the sheep in case it worries them...

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not disputing your premise, but there's a problem with debunking the entire story using the document created solely to support it.

Oh dear.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not when it is the only document.

In fact that makes the case against even stronger.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well that solves that... I think the whole contents of the bible can be refuted and explained away as tribal nonsense and evolved story telling... some events can even be explained through science and tied to actual weather and geological events.

The tough part comes in... ok... maybe all this wasn't some magical god thing and was just folklore gone wild. Problem is we've got 2 milenia of history built on this stuff that can't be instantly changed through an expansion of knowledge...

Where do we go from here and how do you manage to keep the flocks of sheep in check if you were to dismantle most of the fundamental beliefs and social infrastructure of the last 2-3000 years..?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If a lot of scientists are right we may be the last generation in the West to die or at least die of old age.

If it hadn't been for the superstitions of GW Bush we wouldn't have lost a few years there of US genetic research. It's quite likely GW has directly caused the earlier death of regular posters at this website.

That's why it's important to keep fighting the crazy superstitions or at least the people that take them too seriously.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actually my last post didn't really apply to you Zahzoo I think at your age you were fucked either way...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Truth be told, there is much historical accuracy in the Bible.

But most people cannot separate fact from fiction, certainly after 2,000 years of strong-arming by the Catholic Church (you believe us or we burn you at the stake).

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When you are wrakked with pain and dying on the field of woe...

When you reach the last of your ability to stand...

When you feel so lost and unable to push on for one more step...

When you finally see that everything you can possibly do still falls short of what you need to do...

Every one of you superior feeling gods will find yourself on your knees screaming and crying for someone to help you ....scream into the emptiness of your own delusion...

Then when you find yourself safe and calm you will forget what gave you the ability to see the way thru.

Perhaps you cannot see that that is all you are forgiven for. Perhaps that is the greatest sin of all.

Not realizing your ability to forget, is the gift that is forgiven.

You want to condem the Bible and the men and women who contributed to it yet you seem to want to explain how you feel, without ever wondering what has given the writers the need to want to understand .
    \
    Explaining away the beliefs of others is just another belief and you still don't get it.

Pick a side and stick with it.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thome View Post
    When you are wrakked with pain and dying on the field of woe...
    Isn't that field of woe the field between your trailer and the AM PM? Must be a bitch getting there huffed out of your mind and soaked to the gills with PBR.

When you reach the last of your ability to stand...
    Isn't that when you know you've huffed enough glue, Gnome?

When you feel so lost and unable to push on for one more step...
    Isn't that when you pass out on the trailer floor just shy of making it to the fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Isn't that field of woe the field between your trailer and the AM PM? Must be a bitch getting there huffed out of your mind and soaked to the gills with PBR.
    Isn't that when you know you've huffed enough glue, Gnome?
    Isn't that when you pass out on the trailer floor just shy of making it to the fridge

Perhaps, you should have posted this in the -Dear Lounge Thread- this bullSh!t you wrote, is just the same -Dumbsh!t Lounge- writes then blames me for wrec=Kingthome, the thread.

A little, spititual=levity................. is "ok" with me. Though.

I'm just saying.

I am. Your own, personal.. Jesus.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not trying to derail this thread and I'm glad you took the post in the spirit it was intended.....a joke

Great song, BTW!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Merry Christmas Hardrock. And everyone else here.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Merry Christmas Hardrock. And everyone else here.

Back at ya, Saddie......health and happiness to you and yours!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

If anyone is curious about those pesky "missing years" of Jesus' life that the Bible rather inconveniently leaves out, I'd highly recommend Christopher Moore's "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". It is insightful, blasphemous and highly entertaining. Best of all, there are ninjas.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ....and Happy Holidays to the overtly sensative non-believers.

'Cause, you gotta belive in something....

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    If anyone is curious about those pesky "missing years" of Jesus' life that the Bible rather inconveniently leaves out, I'd highly recommend Christopher Moore's "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". It is insightful, blasphemous and highly entertaining. Best of all, there are ninjas.

because I refuse to spank or tickle

for you, lol...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ....and Happy Holidays to the overtly sensative non-believers.

True. They do have to be-live in something.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    True. They do have to be-live in something.

Thar be truths in them thar wurds.

5's for everybody

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alright, here's some other questions about Christ's birth date......

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. Luke 2:8
    Why were the Shepherds out tending their flocks in the middle of winter? Wasn't it common to bring in the flock for the winter?

19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. Matthew 24:19, 20
    Even Matthew takes time to mention that traveling in winter fucking sucks.

Why did Joseph and Mary travel to Jerusalem in the first place?
    Would a Roman administrator require registration involving travel during the season when Judea was dangerous to travel in? Wouldn't he wait until a more opportune time? You can't pay your taxes if you're dead on the trail.

Since the winter solace is on December 21st all of these cults/religions put the rebirth/resurrection near that date. Which makes sense if you think about it. These people lived and starved by the harvest. The shortest day of the year followed by the lengthening of days. The rebirth of the sun! The winter solace was so important to all cultures that followed the movement of the stars/planets. It reaffirmed that spring would come and another planting season could begin.

So any hero or Messiah who you are creating, it makes sense that you have his birth or resurrection during the rebirth of the Sun.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is also the theory by a lot of peeps that the "Eastern Star" was Sirius, and the three stars in the belt of Orion were called "The Three Wise Men" in ancient times, and if you line them up on Dec. 25th, they point directly to where the Sun rises on that day.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Actually my last post didn't really apply to you Zahzoo I think at your age you were fucked either way...
    I'll probably outlive y'all... and piss on your graves!!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I'll probably outlive y'all... and piss on your graves!!
    Well, finally someone here has the Christmas Spirit

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Um, Winter in the Middle East is kinda not cold hon.

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Alright, here's some other questions about Christ's birth date......

Why were the Shepherds out tending their flocks in the middle of winter? Wasn't it common to bring in the flock for the winter?

Even Matthew takes time to mention that traveling in winter fucking sucks.

Why did Joseph and Mary travel to Jerusalem in the first place?
    Would a Roman administrator require registration involving travel during the season when Judea was dangerous to travel in? Wouldn't he wait until a more opportune time? You can't pay your taxes if you're dead on the trail.

Since the winter solace is on December 21st all of these cults/religions put the rebirth/resurrection near that date. Which makes sense if you think about it. These people lived and starved by the harvest. The shortest day of the year followed by the lengthening of days. The rebirth of the sun! The winter solace was so important to all cultures that followed the movement of the stars/planets. It reaffirmed that spring would come and another planting season could begin.

So any hero or Messiah who you are creating, it makes sense that you have his birth or resurrection during the rebirth of the Sun.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Not when it is the only document.

In fact that makes the case against even stronger.
    It isn't the only document. There are MANY other ways to refute the Christmas story other than the Bible itself. Many were mentioned later in this thread.

I encourage the debunking process - and think that Christmas does much better as a secular holiday.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
    Um, Winter in the Middle East is kinda not cold hon.
    Not according to Matthew......

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The fact that you idiots go to great lenghts to prove that the word of God wrong, is proof (to me) that you really want to believe...

My only suggestion is that you trust Him and His word...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Aside from all the grown up reality stuff about Christmas, it is certainly worth it to see kids faces on Christmas morning.

Or, for instance, to see photos of PanaMatt on Santa's knee!

No, I am not a total humbug.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thats true...there's an old academic quote, "When people stop believeing in God, they don't believe in nothing".

You could argue that the rise in things like celebrity culture and the like is because people are looking for their own personal "idols" in absence of religion.

The fact that they are choosing Paris Hilton is pretty worrying. At least choose someone like Lemmy.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    The fact that you idiots go to great lenghts to prove that the word of God wrong, is proof (to me) that you really want to believe...

My only suggestion is that you trust Him and His word...

You know, God gave us these brains and expects us to use them. We will never come up with proof one way or the other, so it comes down to if you choose to believe - or not! Healthy minds, God doesn't have any problem with that. That's why there are Jesuits!

There's only one way to find out if it's all true or not - to die.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Aside from all the grown up reality stuff about Christmas, it is certainly worth it to see kids faces on Christmas morning.

Or, for instance, to see photos of PanaMatt on Santa's knee!

No, I am not a total humbug.
    Surprisingly neither am I...we're having an ugly sweater/Christmas neighborhood keg party tonight. Have my Christmas station all set-up on Pandora. Bought/buying presents for my family. I love Christmas! Love getting together with friends and family and sharing.

Christ has nothing to do with our modern Christmas, period. Except for those people who make the 3 times a year pilgrimage to church.

I would never ruin a kids Christmas with this shit we are debating. I've always been interested in the back story or history of how our modern traditions and religion evolved. This to me has nothing to do with faith and is more academic than anything else.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shoes, how can you say God doesn't have a problem with this or that ??

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Plus even the christian theology (did I spell that right?) people in the universities, who study the Bible, and are men in faith, admit and know that the supposed date of the "historical" Jesus's birth was NOT around Christmas...it was not even in December, but March or April...like many other matters in the Bible, it was decided and moved to Christmas when the romans started becoming christians.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Arrow

I bet 100 bucks God has a problem with the Dump Meisters too...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Haha...

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because if you believe that we were created by God, and therefore God gave us brains, then God would be pleased that the brains worked. I cannot say that God approves of HOW we use them, simply that we DO. Bout that simple.

Now are you going to tell me that my belief system is flawed because God might disapprove of us using our brains?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe...

God give's us the ability and the free will to do the right thing...

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden AWe View Post
    Plus even the christian theology (did I spell that right?) people in the universities, who study the Bible, and are men in faith, admit and know that the supposed date of the "historical" Jesus's birth was NOT around Christmas...it was not even in December, but March or April...like many other matters in the Bible, it was decided and moved to Christmas when the romans started becoming christians.
    Jesus: born in the middle of summer in the middle of the desert.

Christmas cards feature: snowmen

Thread Information