X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

American Pickers

I love the concept, because instead of going to antique dealers, or even estate sales, these guys are actually rummaging through old barns and properties.

Fascinating shit they find, and some of the most interesting people profiled.

One guy had been building sheds and tunnels on his property for 40 years, and accumulating the most bizarre stuff.....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnT1lNlVsjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnT1lNlVsjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLUk0-2C0EY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLUk0-2C0EY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      I love the concept, because instead of going to antique dealers, or even estate sales, these guys are actually rummaging through old barns and properties.

Fascinating shit they find, and some of the most interesting people profiled.

One guy had been building sheds and tunnels on his property for 40 years, and accumulating the most bizarre stuff.....
      Great show and the guy who had the old sheds actually had a White Castle's and an amazing collection of horse drawn carriages.

You can watch that episode here American Pickers &mdash; White Castle on the Farm &mdash; History.com Videos
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i like how they get pissed when someone wants what they deem too much for something, when they want to pay nearly nothing for stuff and profit from it later.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          i like how they get pissed when someone wants what they deem too much for something, when they want to pay nearly nothing for stuff and profit from it later.
          The greed factor on both sides is one of the best parts

I've seen old coots ask 9 prices for junk they'll end up going to the grave with too...

I loved the old carnie ride they found for $1,500

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I like Pawn Stars more. That show cracks me up.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
              I like Pawn Stars more. That show cracks me up.
              I like Pawn Stars when they're actually dealing with the public...

But the ridiculously forced and scripted back stories with the help are boring.

Chumley the idiot, or the ditzy chick, even the kid annoys the fuck out of me.

The old man is a hoot, and they get some cool shit in.

But enough already with the characterizations....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I'm waiting for the episode of Pickers where they go into a basement of a Jeffery Dahmer type character and he locks them down there for fun and games.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I think a lot of those old people with all that stuff are basically hoarders. I knew an old lady who's late husband had a collection of nice cars. There was an old Buick in perfect shape I wanted but she refused to sell any of them because they were her husband's. She's still living in the same house which has, dry rot, peeling paint, curled shingles and a bunch of once were collectable cars from the 1950's and 1960's rusting away. In the early 80's that Buick had perfect chrome and the paint was in good shape. Not now. There is also a Imperial like the one that Pawn Stars episode.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

The difference is "Hoarders" collect worthless junk and garbage....

Much of what you see on AP is valuable collectables.....

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

I swear that Mike Wolfe guy looks familiar, but according to the various bios on line regarding the guy, he isn't an actor. I dunno, I'm sure I've seen him on tv before, maybe in a bit part on Law & Order or something like that. Anyone else feel this way?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Susie Q
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Yah, I have watched this show a couple of times but keep forgetting when it is on. I watched the carnie ride show, and another where there were bee's outside a barn when they were trying to get a bike or something. I like the show because I am hoping to see if they pull anything out there that has any of my shit to find the value of it. Also, I love antiques, so...

I also watch the Antique Roadshow when I get a chance. That's neat to get the history of an object.

I have old blueprints from some buildings that were built in IL, NY, MD, and MA that this one guy did back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I wonder what they would be worth. I also have a collection of his writings back and forth AND when he was a mayor for Rocky Point (Mount), NJ. I have a original contract when that place was getting real street lights vs. oil lamps. Neat things...

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                        ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

The show returns this Monday evening, December 6, with the first of several all new episodes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

It's a cool show - as is Pawn Stars (my buddy went to the store and said it is very small). I don't think the Pickers just stumble on these people, I wonder what the real process is. How the find the people, get clearance, etc.

The two are a bit goofy - I took them for a couple of buttpunchers. Entertaining show...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
                              I took them for a couple of buttpunchers.
                              So that's why Lounge likes that show so much.
                              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

Working...