Summer Olympics 2004 Athens

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefive

Summer Olympics 2004 Athens

I hope they get everything done before the dead line.
    They are having to work 24 hours a day.
  • thefive

Do you think Athens is going to finish it in time?

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

personally i wouldnt let the US go..
      its too close to the mideast, i dont have a good feeling about it.

EUAS

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

They have been short of skilled workers from day one.It seem that they are on track from the pictures I have seen.The amount of money they have spent on security is crazy but has to be done for all those who are going.Hope nothing happens.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• thefive

Yeah saw that sports show Byrant Gumble and they had a report on that. They said that 70,000 special military and police are being trained for this.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Personally...it will be a miracle if they are done on time...and a miracle if something majorly bad doesn't happen...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Yeah, but give the Greeks a break. They've only known about this for about 10 FUCKING YEARS!

Comment

• thefive

Just heard on the radio today. Those 70,000 trained are from NATO.
                Trippin out on this. 70,000 people for security. That is a lot of people. Is it just me or does that trip out anybody else out about the amount?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I heard that they are so far behind schedule that they are now scheduled to finish the main arena ON THE DAY of the opening ceremonies!
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I cant stand the olympics anyway. Corporate, commercial...It feels so forced.

Steroids, 'puff' pieces about the atheletes so the broads will watch...
                    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by thefive
                      Just heard on the radio today. Those 70,000 trained are from NATO.
                      Take it from someone who worked with NATO for 3+ years...

That just means that they'll be on an expresso break about every 30 minutes....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...