Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Judge: Military's Ban on Gays Is Unconstitutional

Fed. judge: Military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy violates 1st Amendment rights of gays
    The Associated Press

RIVERSIDE, Calif.

A federal judge in Southern California has declared the U.S. military's ban on openly gay service members unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips on Thursday granted a request for an injunction halting the government's "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military.

Phillips says the policy doesn't help military readiness and instead has a "direct and deleterious effect" on the armed services.

The lawsuit was the biggest legal test of the law in recent years and came amid promises by President Barack Obama that he will work to repeal the policy.

Government lawyers argued Phillips lacked the authority to issue a nationwide injunction and the issue should be decided by Congress.

The injunction was sought by the Log Cabin Republicans, a 19,000-member group that includes current and former military members.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11598904

Great news. Now GAyR can sign up and go kill some of those "mudpeople" he's always bitching about
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whatever.

For their own safety, gays should just stay in the closet if they value the experience of living.

I honestly would fear for their safety, knowing it's a big ocean out there and you could literally be missed being aboard ship for hours.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny that you have always portrayed yourself as such a big fan of Israel, but you ignore the fact that they have no problem with gays openly serving in their military. And aren't they the ones who invented all this "Leviticus" crap?

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As a former vet I honestly do not understand why gays and woman would want to be assigned to a combat unit. The mentality of those soliders is different than normal America. There is a code amoung those guys and I wouldn't want to be a part of something where I could harm myself and others for the sake of making a point. I wouldn't want to try out for an NFL cheerleading squad as I'm not good looking and I have a different organ those those who do. I could legally challenge it in court and probably win as the NFL would be cited for hiring based on sex not talent...but why would I do that? Just to make a point? Come on guys and girls....let it go.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You DO realize that some of those guys already in the combat unit with the "mentality" you speak of ARE gay, don't you?

Military historians certainly know who Alexander the Great was. Does the fact that he was a flaming queen lessen his military victories at all?

It comes down to this: When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? Of course not. You're thinking about how you're going to make it out of that shit alive. Why do you think it would be any different for the gay guy next to you in the trenches?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Much like they say there's no religious or political affiliation in a foxhole, betting sexual orientation goes out the window too when you're ALL getting shot at by a common enemy.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    I wouldn't want to try out for an NFL cheerleading squad as I'm not good looking and I have a different organ those those who do. I could legally challenge it in court and probably win as the NFL would be cited for hiring based on sex not talent...but why would I do that? Just to make a point? Come on guys and girls....let it go.
    You'd be surprised at how easily you could win, because there is legal precedent for such a thing. Over the years, several men have sued Hooters for hiring practices that are based upon sexual discrimination. After being turned down jobs as waitresses, each of the men successfully reached settlements with the chain. Yet you are correct, it really is pointless and pretty much borders on being frivolous.

Even if it is debatable as to what gays and women are trying to prove by joining a combat unit, it ultimately is not of their choice. Essentially, you are saying that they are unfit for this duty because of their mentality, and are making an assumption as to their place their based by your own admitted inability to understand their reasoning. That doesn't make a great deal of sense. If they have the temerity to volunteer for the duty to begin with, then they should be allowed to serve. And by stating they are unfit or do not belong there, essentially it is people like yourself that are requiring them to prove themselves. You can't question why they are proving themselves when you are part of the reason they need to in the first place.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09-11-2010 at 04:49 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You'd be surprised at how easily you could win, because there is legal precedent for such a thing. Over the years, several men have sued Hooters for hiring practices that are based upon sexual discrimination. After being turned down jobs as waitresses, each of the men successfully reached settlements with the chain. Yet you are correct, it really is pointless and pretty much borders on being frivolous.

Even if it is debatable as to what gays and women are trying to prove by joining a combat unit, it ultimately is not of their choice. Essentially, you are saying that they are unfit for this duty because of their mentality, and are making an assumption as to their place their based by your own admitted inability to understand their reasoning. That doesn't make a great deal of sense. If they have the temerity to volunteer for the duty to begin with, then they should be allowed to serve. And by stating they are unfit or do not belong there, essentially it is people like yourself that are requiring them to prove themselves. You can't question why they are proving themselves when you are part of the reason they need to in the first place.
    That's in the running for "most articulate OWNING" of 2010...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Probably the biggest phobia that I've never understood is what would happen when/if a gay Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman is bunked somewhere near you....

Is there some extra testosterone, libido or general horniness in gay people that isn't prevalent in straight people ??

What do you think is going to happen, they're gonna come up behind you and ram you in the ass ??

And like FORD said, it's not like that they AREN'T bunking near them RIGHT NOW, they just don't know they're gay....

20 years in the military, and I never saw it as a serious issue, meaning if DADT was repealed....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Whatever.

For their own safety, gays should just stay in the closet if they value the experience of living.

I honestly would fear for their safety, knowing it's a big ocean out there and you could literally be missed being aboard ship for hours.
    Why, would you rape them?

Um, I think I've seen several stories on "60 Minutes" and other media outlets like the one about an Army Medic that was almost completely out-of-the-closet and openly admitted be was gay. He was Honorably Discharged long after he admitted it, and his commander basically thanked him for his service and was disappointed he was losing a good, professional soldier but that rules were rules (conveniently after he had served most of his tour in Iraq and long after he had his boyfriend to several social functions). Nobody gave a fuck because they weren't a bunch of excessively macho creepy fucks insecure about themselves...maybe you should give some people more credit than the closeted, homophobic retarded seamen you served with?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    You DO realize that some of those guys already in the combat unit with the "mentality" you speak of ARE gay, don't you?

Military historians certainly know who Alexander the Great was. Does the fact that he was a flaming queen lessen his military victories at all?

It comes down to this: When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? Of course not. You're thinking about how you're going to make it out of that shit alive. Why do you think it would be any different for the gay guy next to you in the trenches?
    Alexander was probably bisexual. He did have a long term boyfriend, but I also think he bedded much of the female Persian nobility and wanted to marry out of love and not property...

However:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcwfRsV-g8U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcwfRsV-g8U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-11-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Alexander was probably bisexual. He did have a long term boyfriend, but I also think he bedded much of the female Persian nobility and wanted to marry out of love and not property...
    Wasn't that whole marriage thing part of some political symbolism about uniting Persia with Greece? Alexander certainly put more effort into memorializing Hephaestion than he did his marriages, and oddly enough his only son was born shortly after his death.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    As a former vet I honestly....
    You were once a veterinarian?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ....When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? ...
    Me? Definitely! There's also Army pussy, although it varies in quality and some are pretty well used up...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Wasn't that whole marriage thing part of some political symbolism about uniting Persia with Greece? Alexander certainly put more effort into memorializing Hephaestion than he did his marriages, and oddly enough his only son was born shortly after his death.
    I may be incorrect regarding his marriages. But I'm pretty sure I've read that a Macedonian king on top pretty much got all the 'conquests' he could handle and most reject the notion that he was simply gay. I only mention this because I think both sides erroneously allude to history. If you really want to piss off a ultra political lesbian college chick, tell her that Sappho was a "bisexual pedophile" like one of my professors once did and that she apparently enjoyed felicitating men as much as she did imposing herself on young girls...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Incidentally, it's become a complete non-issue in most of the NATO armies where gays serve openly:

Sexual orientation and military service
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The militaries of the world have a variety of responses to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) individuals. Most Western military forces have now removed policies excluding sexual minority members; of the 26 countries that participate militarily in NATO, 22 permit open lesbians, gays, or bisexuals to serve; of the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council, three (United Kingdom, France, and Russia) do so. The United States (see Don't ask, don't tell) technically permits gays and lesbians to serve, but not openly.

Policies and attitudes toward gay and lesbian personnel in the military vary widely internationally. Several countries allow gay men and lesbians to serve openly and have granted them the same rights and privileges as their heterosexual counterparts. Many countries neither ban nor support gay and lesbian service members, and a small group continue to ban homosexual personnel outright.

In many of those countries, debate before the policy changes was highly pitched and many people both inside and outside the military predicted major disruptions, but when inclusive policies were implemented, no more than three people in each country actually resigned....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_...litary_service
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-11-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting that even countries where the homophobic Catholic church is still a strong presence (such as Ireland and Italy) are able to get over this shit. As well as the people who wrote the "homophobic" books of the Bible (Israel), as previously mentioned.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I finally have an excuse to post this.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting that even countries where the homophobic Catholic church is still a strong presence (such as Ireland and Italy) are able to get over this shit. As well as the people who wrote the "homophobic" books of the Bible (Israel), as previously mentioned.
    Right! Because one cannot get out of serving by pretending to be gay in front of their draft board (or equivalent) such as Jim Morrison did...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh well, there's always the Ted Nugent "shit your pants for a week after eating nothing but Pepsi and junk food" excuse.

And then spend the rest of your life calling yourself a right wing "uber-patriot".

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fed. judge: Military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy violates 1st Amendment rights of gays
    Only a FAGGOT cares to post shit news like this, because it's shit.. and FAGGOTS play with other men's shit on thier fuckin' knobs..

FORD is gay, case closed.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    STFU gar.

Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I believe in Gays marrying in the Military as long as they all marry YOU in one long processional daisey-chain, in the Brig.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    (that avatar is SOO wrong.. ) you look like a Don Dokken who's been on a binger.

If you're gonna post your chick in your av, post her A-cup TOOTSIES without you drooling on 'em. ok?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Only a FAGGOT cares to post shit news like this, because it's shit.. and FAGGOTS play with other men's shit on thier fuckin' knobs..

But you seem to care about the "faggots" even to post in the thread, ass clown...you puffy Aiken impersonator...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He's still not over Jizzy, I guess. Poor GAyR.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You know GAR, it's quite simple....

If you don't like the subject of the thread, DON'T READ IT....

Contrary to your beliefs, you do NOT have to reply and make a smart-ass comment to EVERY fucking thread on this board....

Settle the fuck down....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Much like they say there's no religious or political affiliation in a foxhole, betting sexual orientation goes out the window too when you're ALL getting shot at by a common enemy.
    The actual saying is "there are no atheists in foxholes" but that wouldn't fit your progressive agenda...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Senior Member #25 now communicates a request to Senior Member #12: to ask of Senior Member #32 WHY if it's a gay-centric politico, front-pager news item on Yahoo which we ALL see everyday, why does Senior Member #32 knowingly seek to irritate by toileting said-topic in Front Line?

25 already knows the rhetorical disconnected reply 32's gonna provide, so maybe a differing source request will get a serious answer.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    The actual saying is "there are no atheists in foxholes" but that wouldn't fit your progressive agenda...

The point is not whether there are atheists in foxholes, but rather, if you are IN a foxhole (i.e. in combat) are you really going to pick that time to argue with somebody over religion, their political party, or who they might want to fuck if you both make it out of there alive.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Senior Member #25 now communicates a request to Senior Member #12: to ask of Senior Member #32 WHY if it's a gay-centric politico, front-pager news item on Yahoo which we ALL see everyday, why does Senior Member #32 knowingly seek to irritate by toileting said-topic in Front Line?

25 already knows the rhetorical disconnected reply 32's gonna provide, so maybe a differing source request will get a serious answer.
    Senior Member 32 requests that Library Squatter 25 go die in a fire, and then Senior Member 33 will take over from there.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    But you seem to care about the "faggots" even to post in the thread...
    NO dude, it's like: anytime it's a GAY thing with government - it's everywhere.

It's on AP, Reuters, CNN, Fox, ABC, PMSNBC... we've all seen it. We know. But GUY here fells like "wow this is quite exciting. I think I should share this with all my Rotharmy peoples."

I'm saying: no you don't have to. It's saturation-level irritation, and he's already acknowledged he's not gay I know that. But then - why else post it unless you're drawn to such items?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Senior Member 32 requests that Library Squatter 25 go die in a fire, and then Senior Member 33 will take over from there.
    HELL yeah, we're ready for him. Though I really should be Senior Member #666
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NO dude, it's like: anytime it's a GAY thing with government - it's everywhere.

It's on AP, Reuters, CNN, Fox, ABC, PMSNBC... we've all seen it. We know. But GUY here fells like "wow this is quite exciting. I think I should share this with all my Rotharmy peoples."

I'm saying: no you don't have to. It's saturation-level irritation, and he's already acknowledged he's not gay I know that. But then - why else post it unless you're drawn to such items?
    Maybe because ending institutionalized bigotry in the military is a historically important thing?

What do I know? I'm just the Devil. No prejudice down here. Everyone burns the same.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    As opposed to your regressive one. Get a clue, asshat.

The point is not whether there are atheists in foxholes, but rather, if you are IN a foxhole (i.e. in combat) are you really going to pick that time to argue with somebody over religion, their political party, or who they might want to fuck if you both make it out of there alive.
    Exactly, but then that doesn't fit bedpan-flipper's hate agenda...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You can apply that "logic" to anything in the Front Line....

There are plenty of threads I choose not to reply to, and plenty more that I don't even read....

You should do the same....

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can probably guess the result if, in combat "forced" to accomodate two "married" fags in the bunk next to me, and I hear them slurping each other?

And I have a few extra rounds? Think about reports you may have come across regarding how unexplainable "friendly fire" is written up. I can tell you right now, friendly fire loses a high percentage of gay troops in the past as it will in the future than any other race, religion, or any other segmented-American you could think of.

Nobody wants this for the gays, not me not Clinton who gave them an "out" in case somebody outted them. And now, they don't even have that.

This is no proud news to keep lingering on, it's just an ugly subject about ugly people whom shouldn't force their way into being there in the first place.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Says the expert who hasn't served one day in the military to have the slightest notion what servicemembers are thinking about when they're in combat....

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GAyR, you do realize that the minute you arrive in Hell, your first roommate is going to be Liberace, right?

Not that it would really be fair to him, but this IS Hell.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Probably the biggest phobia that I've never understood is what would happen when/if a gay Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman is bunked somewhere near you....

Is there some extra testosterone, libido or general horniness in gay people that isn't prevalent in straight people ??

What do you think is going to happen, they're gonna come up behind you and ram you in the ass ??

And like FORD said, it's not like that they AREN'T bunking near them RIGHT NOW, they just don't know they're gay....

20 years in the military, and I never saw it as a serious issue, meaning if DADT was repealed....
    Do you really want this explained to you? As if you don't already know...

The problem is NOT the gay guy lying in bed. The problem is the supposed straight guy who can't stop thinking about the gay guy lying close to him.

Really, the older I am, the more I realize that most people have strong, latent homosexual tendencies.

I've seen completely "straight" men having "fun" with one another pushing & struggling & laughing in "tests of strength" that are just like the pushing & struggling & laughing you have with your girlfriend when you're both fuckin' horny as hell!

It's... embarrassing, to say the least.

Cheers! :bottle:

Thread Information