• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

SACHA BARON COHEN To Play FREDDIE MERCURY In QUEEN Movie

SACHA BARON COHEN To Play FREDDIE MERCURY In QUEEN Movie - Sep. 16, 2010
    According to MTV.com, comic and filmmaker Sacha Baron Cohen will play legendary QUEEN frontman Freddie Mercury in an upcoming movie.

Cohen will portray the British singer in a film focusing on QUEEN's developing years up until the band's historic 1985 Live Aid set.

GK Films ("The Tourist"), Robert De Niro's Tribeca Productions and Queen Films are reportedly helming the project.

LINK

MTV Link
    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 09-17-2010, 02:37 AM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

I think he could pull it off brilliantly...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm sure Freddie could but you wouldn't want a BJ off him with those teeth...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Queers...

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I clipped this from the MTV article..."After fronting one of the most popular bands in the '70s and '80s, Mercury succumbed to AIDS in 1991. The band's music continued to reach new generations of fans through pop-culture vehicles such as the Mike Myers comedy "Wayne's World."

Wayne's World? Really? Is that Really why Queens has survived so well? Shucks, All this time I thought it was because it was great timeless music. How foolish of me...
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

and that flick was one year after his death, how many new generations did we get that year?
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Inspired casting. I think it's going to end up being REALLY good. Cohen is a great actor...looks-wise, he's a great fit. Really looking forward to this.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Queers...
                Can't wait to meet you at a Van Halen concert.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I can see Cohen pulling off the acting part, but for the love of God, please tell me he's not singing.

While lip syncing in a movie is going to look totally lame, it's probably the best option for this movie. Cohen can't sing like Freddie, and if they come up with some fucking imitator to do the vocals, he probably wouldn't do it justice. (Maybe Frankie Banali can recommend a WHAM tribute band singer to do it?)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    I clipped this from the MTV article..."After fronting one of the most popular bands in the '70s and '80s, Mercury succumbed to AIDS in 1991. The band's music continued to reach new generations of fans through pop-culture vehicles such as the Mike Myers comedy "Wayne's World."

Wayne's World? Really? Is that Really why Queens has survived so well? Shucks, All this time I thought it was because it was great timeless music. How foolish of me...
                    c'mon...we all fucking know that it wasn't Wayne's World that put Queen on the map!

Nope...

it was Iron Eagle...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mF8SMibVFog?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mF8SMibVFog?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

We all know Jason Gedrick should have gotten this role...damn it!

With Lou Gossett Jr. as Brian May...

and some jets...

That's a fucking hit right there...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

....fried chicken!!!!!....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by ford
                          (maybe frankie banali can recommend a wham tribute band singer to do it?)
                          wtf??

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Great Choice.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk

Me & some friends were walking out of the theater from that movie & overheard the kids next to us. One speaking of Freddie said "Man, it sucks he died just before they were about to get famous". I kid you not. We just all gave each other the look and didn't say anything.

This is why it's a crying shame record stores are gone. And physical owning of music in general. Where you would go in, rummage through albums, buy things based on cover art, people talking, how cool the band poster or button was, or borrowing a friends album.

Now everything is just a simple title and mb size listed next to it. No flavor at all.

To be honest, I first listened to Queen after rummaging my older sisters & brothers albums when they were gone. I picked one cause the giant was breaking into the theater killing people. To a 10 year old that looked awesome. The other I picked because it had a song about a dragon...also very cool to a 10 year old.

Hmm...looks are also why I grabbed my brothers Kiss-Destroyer album.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...