Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

So a company becomes a great buy when the bondholders are told to go burn their bonds, the gov't takes 50 Billion dollars from us and puts it in the company, and now it's worth $30.00 a share? They still have billions in unfunded legacy pension costs and are wasting millions on an electric car that isn't electric, a car that no one will buy, even at its cost to manufacture. Count me out! Oh, except what they already took from me.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

i'm expecting a dividend check for my tax dollars invested
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        If you want a good foreign car brand, buy a Volkswagen.
        based on what i've read on car forums, VW's and the equivalent Audi models aren't that reliable and are expensive to repair.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I bought the Phaeton and my daughter drives a Beetle. Great cars and we haven't had any problems. I don't think parts are any more than a Japanese car.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I've had several Italian cars and they are fun as a novelty but would be lousy daily drivers. If you don't warm the engine up on an a Italian car and drive it, you will have pre-mature engine failure. I picked up a Lamborghini on the cheap because the owner didn't warm the engine up, drove it hard and the cylinder sleeves went loose.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Drink the Kool-Aid my friend. You don't have a clue. You must work for the government or collect welfare. You certainly don't have any assets to protect.
              Cliche-spouting jackoff says what?

As for assets to 'protect,' I'm not the one whining here about health insurance premiums...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Everyone knows Alfa Romero and Fiat are horribly unreliable cars. I had an Alfa Romero Spider. A neat fun car but lots of problems. If you want reliable transportation, avoid those things. If you want a good foreign car brand, buy a Volkswagen.
                That was like 20 years ago. Fiats are every bit as reliable as just about anything else. And comparing Alfa's to what? Horridly unreliable Audis, BMWs, or Mercedes? and for the most part, a VW is the last car I'd buy for reliability. They have some nicely styled stuff when you buy it, but it seems to fall apart in short order...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  based on what i've read on car forums, VW's and the equivalent Audi models aren't that reliable and are expensive to repair.
                  Can you say, "sludger engine?" Perhaps that's not entirely fair. But there's no way I'd ever buy a used Audi or VW with a 1.8T or 2.0T with their once a year dealer synthetic oil changes. And many of the ignorant tools who buy those cars probably don't even use the correct spec. of oil anyways when they go into Iffy Lube...

The Jetta TDI however...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Cliche-spouting jackoff says what?

As for assets to 'protect,' I'm not the one whining here about health insurance premiums...
                    That's because the New York State welfare department probably pays yours asshole. What do you do for a living and could you make it without government assistance?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I bought the Phaeton and my daughter drives a Beetle. Great cars and we haven't had any problems. I don't think parts are any more than a Japanese car.
                      You obviously haven't had to repair them yet. Incidentally, the Beetle is notorious for starting on fire due to electronics issues...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

That was like 20 years ago. Fiats are every bit as reliable as just about anything else. And comparing Alfa's to what? Horridly unreliable Audis, BMWs, or Mercedes? and for the most part, a VW is the last car I'd buy for reliability. They have some nicely styled stuff when you buy it, but it seems to fall apart in short order...
                        BMW has gone to shit. The lower end of Mercedes is now shit. Fiats have always been rust bucket shit. VW's have been pretty damn reliable and plenty of old ones still running around. In fact, VW is the world's largest automaker. If you want to talk Italian cars, I have one at the moment and have owned five in the past. If you warm them up, Lamborghinis are pretty reliable.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's because the New York State welfare department probably pays yours asshole.
                          No, they don't pay mys asshole, Wyoming fuckface....

What do you do for a living and could you make it without government assistance?
                          Apparently I have so far, except for stints in the Army (which is some ways is gov't assistance) and a couple of incomplete boughts of collecting unemployment long ago, I don't think I've had any. But coming from an internet Walter Middy jackoff who even in his most optimistic fantasies admits that he inherited much from his parents (another from of "assistance") should I really be offended?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

You obviously haven't had to repair them yet. Incidentally, the Beetle is notorious for starting on fire due to electronics issues...
                            The old air cooled Beetles caught fire due to fuel lines leaking into the ignition system. The new Beetle is basically a Golf with a different body. A time proven car. My Phaeton is new so we will see.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BMW has gone to shit. The lower end of Mercedes is now shit.
                              Agreed. For a time they were just nice alternatives to American cars and tended to handle well. But then everyone got a hard-on for them and anointed them the greatest status symbols ever. The truth is that they're really overrated nicely styled overpriced crap with nightmare electronics, although they're trying to improve that with mixed success and consistency...

Fiats have always been rust bucket shit.
                              Most cars were. In the era of galvanized steel however, they're much improved and the Fiat 500 is a major competitor to Mini for instance...

VW's have been pretty damn reliable and plenty of old ones still running around. In fact, VW is the world's largest automaker.
                              Mostly out of consolidation and the fact that they do well in China. There are some old ones still running around and much like other overly complex German shit, they make (usually) great drivetrains once you've completely gone through the electronics and have redone them. They're also notorious for various blunders such as the five cylinder engine meant to get the fuel economy of a four-banger and some of the power of a six, but seems to get the power of a four banger and the economy of a V6....

If you want to talk Italian cars, I have one at the moment and have owned five in the past. If you warm them up, Lamborghinis are pretty reliable.
                              I'd probably prefer something Japanese, although not that they're perfect and deserve mindless worship the likes of Consumer Reports has bestowed on them...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Well since Buffalo taxed itself into oblivion years ago and there isn't any real industry there anymore, I imagine most the place lives on the dole. The thing is who is going to pay for all these government programs you so love when there is no industrial base? Where's the money going to come from? The rich will just move out of the country which they are doing now.

Comment

Working...