X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

CBGB's tour

I remember going to this famous piss hole in the mid 80's. It stunk like vomit and piss. I ordered a shot and roaches were crawling across the counter. I heard it was a dive but holy hell, you needed to have all your shots up to date just to walk in.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

That kicks ass. Shame it's closed. Should be a museum!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I'm glad I got to see it when the bowery was still a real shit hole full of junkies and drunks before the Gulliani cleansing and yuppie dip condos started appearing. It was still scary. As ratty as that sound system looks it sounded great even with a lot of people in there. It is one of the weirdest places I've been and why bother with the restrooms when you could just piss on the floor?

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What made CBGBS is the owner was willing to give stage time to anyone. If you brought in beer drinkers you stayed and could get your thing together. Misfits were welcome there and they could hone their trade in front of a live audience. All the owner cared about is he sold lot's of warm beer and the roaches were a crunchy bonus. LOL!

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

That's a great site to be able to tour the place. But wow! It looks like some shithole right out of Mogadishu. I think even my pc got a virus from looking at the bathroom.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

looks like some shithole right out of Mogadishu

Too bad you can't smell the smell. Puke, piss, beer, and a vain attempt to cover it up with Pine Sol.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Looking at the back bar area, I don't think I would be ordering any well drinks or mixed drinks at CBGB's. I would be afraid to even suck on a beer bottle neck pulled from that filthy sink.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

What cracks me up is there is a sign up in the mixing consol area that says NO PISSING!. Probably better to take a wizz up in the sound engineering area than the fithy dungeon of a restroom.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

Too bad you can't smell the smell. Puke, piss, beer, and a vain attempt to cover it up with Pine Sol.

You mean stickers don't cover up the smell?

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Moving this to HOM....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...