X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Metallica Covers "YRGM" - Predictable Disaster & Suckage Ensues

Metallica teams with Ray Davies for his ultimately pointless album of remakes, with absolutely dreadful results. While enduring this, keep in mind Lewis Black's comments upon watching a Super Bowl halftime show in 2001:

"I have Aerosmith, N-Sync and Britney Spears. I have a trifecta from hell! But fortunately, I had a spoon in my hand, And I shoved it up my ass. You might be wondering why? To distract myself from the pain. Cause if I'm gonna hurt that much, I'm gonna do it to myself. Oprah calls that empowerment."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

It's OK, they make it sound a little like the Misfits.

What's interesting is that Ray Davies sounds worse than James Hetfield.....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Desecrating Seger and Lizzy classics wasn't enough for these sellouts? What's the battle plan, being complete fuck-offs as opposed to half-assed fuck-offs? Britney Spears rocks harder than this for fucks sake! This sounds like something you'd hear on a 99-cent WalMart disc.
      It validates the Van Halen version, and that's the only good thing I can say about it.

I can't get laid to this garbage. I'm giving it an F.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I don't know about James and/or Lars, but Kirk has always has the utmost respect for VH and EVH....

As far as this version, meh....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

I'm NOT listening to this piece of shit. I hate Metallica with a passion. It's ok if they want to shit all over their legacy, it's theirs to do whatever the fuck want to do to it.

But fucking over other people's music, especially, like Hambon pointed out, Bob Seger & Thin Lizzy, or Diamond Head, etc. is just way too much. Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James? These fucking pathetic buttfucks have their arseholes stuffed with money already, what the hell more do they want? Just leave us alone, fer fuck's sake. Go away, fade out of the spotlight, PLEASE!

I tell ya, every time I see kids listening to these shitstains's "Turn the Page" like it was something that deserved to have seen the light of day, it pains me. And the video? Fuck. How did those dumbfucks fuck up the meaning of the lyrics so much? I mean, yeah, lyrics is just something to sing along, but if you're saying something & showing another, well, it doesn't really make sense... but wait, that's not all! Metallifans - read, complete fuck up retards - used to solemnly discuss, back when that song came out, how Metallica approached the social issues of modern society with their songs...

And that's why "Friday" is so brilliant. If "music fans" are retards, then by all means, go full throttle in mocking their retarded little brains out.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That's just turrible. I've never cared for Kirks cold tone and this nothing to change that. Of all the tunes to cover why pick one that VH totally owns??
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
              . Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James?
              Inappropriate much? Way over the line there.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, there's a much worse cover of this song going around.... Have no idea who does it, but it's some fucking disco/dance pop shit that was on some TV show the other day.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I've heard that. It's fucking woeful.

It should be pointed out that Ray Davies invited Metallica to do this (and its for his record) - its not like they woke up one day and thought 'lets kill a classic.'

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Damn,That Really Does Suck.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                      It should be pointed out that Ray Davies invited Metallica to do this (and its for his record) - its not like they woke up one day and thought 'lets kill a classic.'
                      Invited or not, about the only thing worse on the album is Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi massacring "Celluloid Heroes". Find it for yourself over at Youtube, I won't embed it here as posting so much awful music in a single day is really bad karma.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                        Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James?

Seriously dude, that's just way wrong. Everyone knows the target must be Lars.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Speaking of Lar$, he can chill out and relax.
                          I don't see anyone in a hurry to download this shit....

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

"Much" jokes are almost worse than "not" jokes. It's a fuckin' ridiculous template that the unimaginative use so they can believe they're witty & creative.

Really, Binnie. I never expected such a thing from you.

By the way, there is NO "over the line". I'm fuckin' sick to death of political correctness & as long as I'm not breakin' any of Sarge's rules, I'll go over the top every time. I do, however, respect Sarge's will in his own house. Not doing that would be fuckin' rude of me. Oy vey.

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Seriously dude, that's just way wrong. Everyone knows the target must be Lars.
                            Yeah... wouldn't work. I mean, I thought about it, but there's a strong possibility James would cuntinue without Lars. Worse, he'd take advantage of the little cunt's death & do a tribute album, covering - read, mercilessly butchering - his own songs.

However, if the target is James, there's no fuckin' way anyone else would take that little leprechaun seriously, so he'd have to permanently keep his drumsticks up his arse.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

What a horrible version.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

Working...