Now THIS is fucking cool! Paul Simon Invites Fan Onstage To Play!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Now THIS is fucking cool! Paul Simon Invites Fan Onstage To Play!

Last Saturday in Toronto, a woman named Rayna Ford went to a Paul Simon concert. She called out to the singer: “Play ‘Duncan!,’” or words to that effect; Simon heard her better onstage than we do in this video taken from the audience. “You learned to play guitar in this song?” Simon replied, and invited her to get up alongside him.

What happened next was very sweet, and genuinely moving: It’s the moment of Rayna Ford’s life, and a chance for Simon to show us that he’s a bit less crazy after all these years.And it made us think that you can be as far as possible from a punk rocker and still buy into rock and roll’s ultra-democratic premise (which is also a promise): Given a level playing field, any of us could simply switch places with our favorite performers. (Although, of course, that Platinum Amex card does get you closer to the stage in the first place.)

• chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Now that made my day. Simply outstanding.

What a joyful thing to do, and a sterling thing to witness. Nicely done, Mr. Simon.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

That made my day. Great find HR.

I'll tell ya, I wish someone would've done that at a couple of the VH shows on the last tour.
      That infamous Vegas solo of Ed's? Ecch.... That is the one time I could actually say I could've smoked him on guitar that night...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Always cool when a fan gets to play with their musical "heroes" on stage. A certain band from Ireland has been doing that for years as well.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Goddam....that Vegas solo fucking SUCKED FUCKING ASS!!!

I woulda wanted my fucking money back!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Damn right...

At first I thought it was one of those "shreds" videos. But it didn't take long to realize it was the real thing. What a shame to see one your guitar hero's reduced to Ace Diamond calibre...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

after that show i won a couple hundred bucks on a poker game, kind of a reimbursement i guess
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                Damn right...

At first I thought it was one of those "shreds" videos. But it didn't take long to realize it was the real thing. What a shame to see one your guitar hero's reduced to Ace Diamond calibre...
                WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

Say what you want about Ace, but the cape is off limits.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

There is a book written by Chuck Klosterman whose title escapes me where he speaks of meeting Bono for the first time. Chuck just didn't want to have another boring interview with the guy so instead he wanted to know if Bono was the true philanthropist he claims to be. And I can't remember what city it was in - either L.A. or Boston where Chuck got a hold of a $140,000 Ferrari and picked up Bono at the airport or wherever. Chuck later gave Bono the car for the afternoon to do with as he wished. Bono basically drove around that afternoon and picked up people at bus stops giving them rides to work or to the store where Bono actually went shopping with one woman and took her back to her apartment and help put away her groceries.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      Goddam....that Vegas solo fucking SUCKED FUCKING ASS!!!
                      That was just PAINFUL. Eeeek!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

Say what you want about Ace, but the cape is off limits.
                        They make capes that big?

There is a book written by Chuck Klosterman whose title escapes me where he speaks of meeting Bono for the first time. Chuck just didn't want to have another boring interview with the guy so instead he wanted to know if Bono was the true philanthropist he claims to be. And I can't remember what city it was in - either L.A. or Boston where Chuck got a hold of a $140,000 Ferrari and picked up Bono at the airport or wherever. Chuck later gave Bono the car for the afternoon to do with as he wished. Bono basically drove around that afternoon and picked up people at bus stops giving them rides to work or to the store where Bono actually went shopping with one woman and took her back to her apartment and help put away her groceries.
                        Cool story...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What would Jesus do....... with a Ferrari?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                            What would Jesus do....... with a Ferrari?
                            Is it Ok For a Christian to Own a Ferrari? from Jay Lee on Vimeo.
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

You see, that's a really nice thing to do. It's just not what I want my rock stars to do - they have a licence to act irresponsibly whilst the rest of us have to conform. USE IT.

Irritating as he is, Bono is probably a very nice man.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...