X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    Must be an urban myth then. Ive had stacks of dudes try and tell me the EPI's were lighter. Thanks for setting me straight
    The basic difference in my experience is totally hardware and guts. the quality control and setup of an Epi has a lot to be desired.
    I'd also wager that although it is the same wood on both guitars, the Epi's are probably mostly built with LP reject pieces.
    I'd also wager that the necks aren't done as well.

But, If you gutted an Epi and replaced the guts and hardware with the real LP parts, you just might have a decent LP clone.
    My only doubts would be about the necks.

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SweetPoundcake
      Les Pauls are great! I have a 2001 studio plus desert burst. It is my baby. I'm thinking about trading it in and getting a wolfgang, but I doubt I could part from my Gibson.
      I haven't played a Wolfgang yet that would make me trade in a Paul for it. Keep the Paul and just save and buy a Wolfgang if you want one.

That is just my opinion though...

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

SweetPoundcake, if you trade your Les Paul for a PEAVEY, then I will personally hunt you down. Knoxville is a little under 4 hours away...I can find you.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

I'll go for you, B1... Knoxville is an hour and a half away from here and i'm heading that way next month for a family reunion.

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

And you're in Ohio? Hell man, it's around 3 or so hours from Nashville to Knoxville.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
              Sniper
              • Jun 2004

Re: Les Pauls

Originally posted by Brownsound1
              You know, it sickens me to see how much a new Les Paul is going for these days. I swear, it is highway robbery when it comes to these prices. They've always been on the upper end so to speak, but fuck, this is ridiculous. I love those guitars, but I'll be damned if I pay the prices Gibson is demanding for a Les Paul Standard. Anyone else think the same way?
              Yea they are pretty damn expensive because Gibson knows that people will spend the money on them. My studio was $1500, but I got it for like $900 only because I worked at guitar center.

Every once in awhile you will find a Used Standard for a pretty okay price that is in good shape.

Studio's are about the only "somewhat" affordable Les Paul...and that is okay because you can find Studio's that make some Deluxes clook like crap! Who needs all that gawdy binding and crap anyway...just adds weight to an already heavy guitar. You can even find some Epiphone Les Pauls that sound like Gibsons (although, this is rare, but I have found them).
              Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                SweetPoundcake, if you trade your Les Paul for a PEAVEY, then I will personally hunt you down. Knoxville is a little under 4 hours away...I can find you.
                Don't worry! I am not doing anything with my Paul. We are very much in love at the moment, and I plan on keeping it that way!

So stay put, Brownie!

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                  Sniper
                  • Jun 2004

I really want a nice Paul again, its the missing link in my collection.
                  Ive owned two previously, but was young and stupid and sold them.
                  Its such a different feel and tone from the Fenders, its worth having
                  it .. Would have to be a black and white one !! But not paying $5000.

Well Mark, I think you have actually do have a Les Paul in your collection now.... because you have a Mary Frances there too.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SweetPoundcake
                    Well Mark, I think you have actually do have a Les Paul in your collection now.... because you have a Mary Frances there too.
                    This is the best deal Ive ever had in my life

A Les Paul and a beautiful woman.. Doesnt get
                    any better than that !
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• justaxxxgirl
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jul 2004

any better than that !
                      Yes, my sister love's her Les Paul’s. Would not trade them for anything. I'm more of a Strat person myself.

Comment

• justaxxxgirl
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by justaxxxgirl
                        Yes, my sister love's her Les Paul’s. Would not trade them for anything. I'm more of a Strat person myself.

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

any better than that !
                          Oh yes it does, it gets way better with those ingredients, brother...

Comment

Working...