Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Pink Floyd is far from the first group to pull this kind of shit. Some people will always re-buy the same music when it comes in a different box with a little booklet.
            I purchased the latest reissue of Diary of a Madman CD, not because I need another copy of that record, but because it came with that Live CD with Randy Rhoads really burning.
            A $200.00 Floyd box set? nah not for me.
            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
              Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it. Simple as that.

And for your next thread, Fishfolds. Why not make one about the whoring of the Queen catalogue?
              No argument needed there. Just buy "The Crown Jewels" box and that's all the Queen you ever need

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

What gets me is that although they repackage these albums every few years, they never get around to re-releasing Relics in it's original form. The one time the album was reissued on CD, it sounded horrendous and they replaced the damned cover. Of course you could get The Early Singles compilation, but only if you purchased the crummy, overpriced and incomplete box set it came in the last time these guys reissued their albums.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

It is true that bands keep re-releasing the same albums over and over as "remastered"....it's such a fucking scam! In all honesty, did you derive any more pleaseure from hearing The Stones "Sticky Fingers" remastered for the 3rd time, than you did hearing it on vinyl????

Of course you didn't. In fact, you got less pleasure out of it, because you paid to hear the same music again!!!
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• wolfsbane
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2005

Fuck all y'all

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

And you are?

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I have it (didn't buy it)... they did a nice job remastering the material IMO.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Oct 2004

Before becoming engaged in the remastering debate, I'd just like to point out that no-one who likes Pink Floyd cares that you don't...so, the Floyd-bashing is rather pointless (although, interestingly, you cared enough to start a thread on them).

Anyhoo...

For the most part, remasters are kinda pointless, I agree. Unless there is a great improvement in the sound, the album in question has been hard to come by for a significant length of time or there's some really worthwhile extras in there. Last year's remastering of Springsteen's "Darkness on the Edge of Town" was a an example on how to do it...3 CDs and 3 DVDs full of bonus tracks, live footage and documentaries...I can't even fathom the amount of time it took to put it together (I know someone's gonna come out with "yeah, but Bruce sucks"...but you should at least concede that, as a product, it was a worthy product for his fans). There are some albums I would like to see remastered (Prince's back catalogue could do with an overhaul, for example) and recently there's been more albums remastered on 180 gram vinyl, which sounds far superior. But on the whole there is too much of it right now.

On the other hand...perhaps an objective of this kind of remastering prohect is to introduce the artist's music to the next generation? There was a helluva lot of publicity surrounding the Floyd remasters...if it made younger folk sit up and say "what's that all about?", then it's a good thing.
                          Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Umm... I already have all the Pink Floyd CD's I want: "Dark Side..." and "The Wall".
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                              Before becoming engaged in the remastering debate, I'd just like to point out that no-one who likes Pink Floyd cares that you don't...so, the Floyd-bashing is rather pointless (although, interestingly, you cared enough to start a thread on them).
                              For one, I'm not bashing them. Okay, so I am. And while I think Pink Floyd are one of the most boring, downright sophomoric bands to ever be signed to a major record label why is there a need to put out ANOTHER "Remastered" series? Certainly Roger and his blow job buddy Dave don't need the money (unless there is a new Bentley, airplane or Manhattan apartment they want to buy) and even if I was a Pink Floyd fan I wold be somewhat offended by this move in that I'm being milked for their greed. Plus, this whole "new remastered" format seems to be tweaked for the Mp3/ACC format listening in that no one really buys CD's anymore and this process is most likely geared for downloaded listening. And, and most likely, seeing what EMI did with The Beatles in downloading royalties wanting a lager percentage of profit over other downloads would it be a safe bet that Pinky is doing the same with this series? So why support it?

Comment

• wolfsbane
                                Roadie
                                • Jan 2005

So, let me explain myself.

First, I like Pink Floyd. Glimour is amazing. I have all the albums that I want. Will I buy the remasters? No.

Do I buy remasters? Yes.

I buy all the Who remasters. Every one. I mostly buy them for the extra tracks, but the sound is different most of the time, and it is refreshing to hear the different mixes.

I'd like to think that there are mostly open minded people here. I don't like hearing that some band or artist sucks. If someone wants to start a thread by saying someone sucks, it is annoying. I can choose to ignore it, just like you can ignore bands you don't like.

So, as far as this thread is concerned, fuck all y'all.

Comment

Working...