Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Well, some of the Who remasters were justified, because pretty much ANY thing issued on CD by MCA in the late 80's sounded like shit. I swear they used the cassette to master some of those things. But Pink Floyd has already done this to death. And any Pink Floyd box should stop at "The Final Cut". If you like the Gilmour solo albums, then by all means listen to them. Just don't tell me I have to do it, just to get a decent copy of "Meddle".
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

LOVE the Floyd......incredible...in their time...which is why the ORB cut that cd with Dave....

"remasters"??? Not a chance.....

Read the Peter Grant Bio....and how he called CDS the greatest scam ever...selling people music they already owned....a 3rd time! (LPs, cassettes, and then CDS)

They've got enough of my money....put anything made before 1990 on AM radio......lets move on

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

are we sure we should be blaming the band for the remasters, and not the record company?
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I wouldn't buy this but i'll tell you what i would: remasters of the Roger Waters solo albums with bonus material.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
            Well, some of the Who remasters were justified, because pretty much ANY thing issued on CD by MCA in the late 80's sounded like shit. I swear they used the cassette to master some of those things. But Pink Floyd has already done this to death. And any Pink Floyd box should stop at "The Final Cut". If you like the Gilmour solo albums, then by all means listen to them. Just don't tell me I have to do it, just to get a decent copy of "Meddle".
            Some of those Who remasters "bonus tracks" were actually better then the original CD itself. I didn't mind the live bootlegs on Face Dances but (and they is always one to be found here) the BBC Sessions should have never seen the light of day. If you like Pink Floyd, great. I just never got into that whole mind-numbing proggy-rock shit. Maybe it's before my time, a 70's limey art rock stint. And it's not just limited to Floyd: Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, ELP were just as dull.

See this? Never will understated it, I'm afraid

"Have you walked on the stones of years? When you speak, is it you that hears? Are your ears full? You can't hear anything at all."

Well thank fuck for that.
            Last edited by Kristy; 10-27-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I don't own one Pink Floyd album. I remember seeing The Wall in the theater and going what the fuck? What a journey into madness that was. A mixture of depressing British culture with drugs basically.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I don't own one Pink Floyd album. I remember seeing The Wall in the theater and going what the fuck? What a journey into madness that was. A mixture of depressing British culture with drugs basically.
                We salute you Major Buzzkill.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  For one, I'm not bashing them. Okay, so I am. And while I think Pink Floyd are one of the most boring, downright sophomoric bands to ever be signed to a major record label why is there a need to put out ANOTHER "Remastered" series? Certainly Roger and his blow job buddy Dave don't need the money (unless there is a new Bentley, airplane or Manhattan apartment they want to buy) and even if I was a Pink Floyd fan I wold be somewhat offended by this move in that I'm being milked for their greed. Plus, this whole "new remastered" format seems to be tweaked for the Mp3/ACC format listening in that no one really buys CD's anymore and this process is most likely geared for downloaded listening. And, and most likely, seeing what EMI did with The Beatles in downloading royalties wanting a lager percentage of profit over other downloads would it be a safe bet that Pinky is doing the same with this series? So why support it?
                  If this is the sore spot for you that it appears to be (by which I mean being given the choice whether or not buy remastered editions of albums you say you find boring, which means it is unlikely that you'll ever even entertain the idea), then I definitely envy your life.

Actually...does downloading outsell physical sales yet? Last time i checked they were about neck and neck (though, I haven't seen anything in a while). Either way, there will always be a market for physical sales. The 40% increase in vinyl sales proves that.
                  Last edited by Shaun Ponsonby; 10-28-2011, 03:27 PM.
                  Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                    If this is the sore spot for you that it appears to be (by which I mean being given the choice whether or not buy remastered editions of albums you say you find boring, which means it is unlikely that you'll ever even entertain the idea), then I definitely envy your life.
                    Could care less. This whole remastering bullshit is akin to Lucus and his Star Wars tinkering. Fuck with it here, fuck with it there until what's left is so far removed for the original that you end up fucking with that too just to get it back. And Pink Floyd ARE boring. Boring as shit. Okay, give Gilmour some credit but Waters is a pseudo-political/intellectual asshole Blah blah blah, no one knows what it's like to be a multi-millionaire rockstar like me, blah, blah, blah, my dead father, blah, blah, blah, Thatcher, blah, blah, blah and you buy into this sophomoric bullshit and believe it has meaning.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

I wonder if my reviews of the Van Halen remasters are still on here somewhere. They're brilliant when played on an HDCD player.
                      Last edited by ThatArtGuy; 10-28-2011, 11:03 PM.
                      I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Lucus and his Star Wars tinkering.
                        What a fucking disaster that was.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

And Waters is such hypocritical prick. Fuck him and his anti-war stance when he sucked the dick of EMI - who are a known missile weapons manufacturer - for years.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            And Waters is such hypocritical prick. Fuck him and his anti-war stance when he sucked the dick of EMI - who are a known missile weapons manufacturer - for years.
                            ...and land mines. Don't forget the land mines. How many little children have had their legs blown off because of EMI landmines? It's all a big burrito of hypocritical shit. Trying to find a real institution or person is about as difficult as finding a virgin who wants to give all her money to charity at the Playboy mansion.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              ...and land mines. Don't forget the land mines. How many little children have had their legs blown off because of EMI landmines? It's all a big burrito of hypocritical shit. Trying to find a real institution or person is about as difficult as finding a virgin who wants to give all her money to charity at the Playboy mansion.
                              That's right. And every fucked-in-the-head conspirator nutjob knows Princes Diana was killed by EMI for taking a stand against them.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White

Read the Peter Grant Bio....and how he called CDS the greatest scam ever...selling people music they already owned....a 3rd time! (LPs, cassettes, and then CDS)
                                An ironic statement, given the number of times the Zeppelin catalog has been released, remastered, and repackaged over the last 25 years.

Not that Grant had anything to do with that- he was already dead before their first round of CD's came out. But obviously Jimmy Page didn't take his old manager's word on the subject very seriously.

Oops.... did I just make it easier for Kristy to bash Zeppelin and Floyd in the same thread?
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...