X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

AA Ruining Lives

AA and it's induced guilt is probably what destroyed Van Halen.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Classic! This sounds like a conversation that I have almost daily with a friend who insists I have a drinking problem.. I like to have a good time, goddamnit!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

I once was sober....it really hurt.

I found that when I started to eat at any party that I went to...sure enough....the next day I would want to shit out the VERY FOOD I ate at the party.

I hope I can find a chick that helps with my shitty life.

Or at least a Smellier power.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

You fly your plane drunk?

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Not to Parties!
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

American Rehab is woefully lacking and that includes the AA part.
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
              Not to Parties!
              Well if the street is straight and there are no tall trees around it, hell you can land at the party.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                American Rehab is woefully lacking and that includes the AA part.
                Mexican rehab is less crazy.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

was it dean martin who said something about non drinkers to the effect of that when they wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day? cheers.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Heh...sorta like PETA......supposed mission is to "help the poor animals", but they kill 90% of the fucking animals they are supposedly helping.

In other words, their mission is to help them DIE.

Goddamnable fucking worthless shitbag cocksucking asshole fuck motherfuckers!!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The AA is bullshit.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/uU2YliYttnQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/uU2YliYttnQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        Heh...sorta like PETA......supposed mission is to "help the poor animals", but they kill 90% of the fucking animals they are supposedly helping.

In other words, their mission is to help them DIE.

Goddamnable fucking worthless shitbag cocksucking asshole fuck motherfuckers!!!!
                        Of course they let them die. It's not nice to eat a live animal. The don't call it People Eating Tasty Animals for nothing. Got to kill it before you can grill it.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I'm still trying to figure out how Penn and Teller do that trick where they pull a bean out of their eye.

Any program where you get a bunch of people in a room and they say they are powerless over something. That's a red flag that the next agenda is ............cultish...
                          Labeling yourself something and having a bunch of negative people guilt you into being a mess who then subsequently loves the company of other people who are disempowered doesn't seem to have anything to do with evolution. Just my opinion.
                          but if it works for somebody then good for them

Because people have power. Whether they've tapped into it or not is their issue.

I believe Chong said it best when he said:

I don't need any............marijuana man....................cos I'm hooked on downers..........man.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't understand the idea of it at all any way. I would fucking hate to go along somewhere twice a week and discuss how we have all stopped smoking and how we try to cope without it and define ourselves as forever nicotine addicts.

In fact that's about the only thing that could make me start again.

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              was it dean martin who said something about non drinkers to the effect of that when they wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day? cheers.
                              He had some good lines about drinking. When Frank Sinatra got married to Mia Farrow he said - 'I've got a case of Scotch that's older than Frank's new wife'. I think he also said 'you're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on'.

The whole twelve-step thing is just replacing one kind of dependency with another. Drink was a crucial component of Ed's creativity. That's why R'n'R, in terms of its limited creative potential (i.e., most bands do their best work in the early part of their careers) is a young man's game. If you are at the more cerebral / less party end of rock - a band like Rush, for instance - it probably doesn't matter what age you are. But being young, having a good time, and not giving a damn about the consequences was what Classic VH was about.

But, you know, if some medical expert, or sodding government minister comes out and says we ought to drink / smoke / do whatever gets us high LESS, my immediate response is to want to go and do it.

Of course, you got to keep it in balance - it's not fun getting out of your head once you get into your middle years unless you can look forward to it, so having a break in between seems like a good idea to ensure enjoyment is had when the time for fun arrives.

I don't smoke anymore, but I noted on the news last week that the medical profession here in the UK now want to ban smoking in private vehicles - in case it damages the health of children etc. But it would be a universal blanket ban - even if you don't have children in your car. FFS. How the hell they could ever enforce that, I do not know. Have they done that anywhere else?

I have to say that I look on the whole ideology of living as long as you possibly can with a rather jaundiced eye. So what does it all really mean? You don't drink, smoke or do any drugs to excess and you can live until you are 90 years old, or maybe 100, and spend the last years / decades of your life in one of those death farms they call 'old peoples care homes'. Squandering your children's inheritance to pay to be kept alive, all the while lining the pockets of the people who run these places.

As long as I was no use to anyone, no longer productive, or able to go to the bathroom on my own, I wouldn't mind being put out of my misery ...
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...