X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Here's The Latest in VH Land.....

Just had a great conversation with our DDE contact....

Here's how fucking surreal this has been for me... I call her, we're talking for a few minutes, and then she tells me she has to hang up, Dave is calling !! She called back, talked a while more, she's been up all night editing video...

Met both WARF and GreenEyedMurder at the show... Hilarious describing how pumped WARF was !!

The band is still in NYC, although some are leaving today... Dave is leaving tomorrow...

MUCH more video to come... The band had 3 cameras there, they're in the process of converting it all, so get ready for that...

They also taped the soundcheck, and a session at S.I.R. studios.....

That's it for now....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

That is so awesome! Thanks Va.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Jesus H. Christ. I must be dreaming. Is this Van Halen we're talking about?

I would be telling that story to my grandkids, Va. It would be passed down from generation to generation.

"I have to hang up, Dave is calling."

A phone call cut short by Diamond David Lee Roth. Damn...
      Last edited by Zing!; 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2010

It just keeps getting better!

Comment

• neuralfraud
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2010

No; it's Van Kick ASS!

How cool would it be for them to just start plastering videos and shit like this? Well they had camera's in 2k7/2k8 too and we're still hoping some of that footage might make it to DVD and of course the indications are that it may well happen..

could it be they're gearing up some kick ass content for a REAL website?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Don't know about that, but I'd bet that we'll get one of those videos exclusively...

How long they remain exclusive is another issue, but at least it'll be originally....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Just awesome! I knew there was a reason we stuck around here all these years!

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                Just awesome! I knew there was a reason we stuck around here all these years!

Uh huhu uhuhuuhhuh uhhu huh hhuhuhu....Cheap Gin & Hubris!!!!

The ROTH ARMY proves once again that it is the HOME of CLASSIC VAN HALEN

Comment

• fourthcoming

As soon as I headr they signed with Interscope because of the insistance of Dave, I had a good feeling. Chickenshit can do all the grass roots promotion they want but Jimmy Iovine is no dummy. Billboards in times square for millions to see, a professionally shot live show from a 250 seat venue in NYC.....I have a feeling VH is going to be promoted like a mofo under their new label. It might be just me being optimistic, but Dave finally, once again seems like a full fledged member of the band and that can mean nothing but good things to come.The fact that the venue they chose to play last night has ties to Dave's family proves that he's no longer a silent minority member but rather the rutter of the ship.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

We have so many threads up now I don't know where to post anything. Ticketmaster has info up now.

Comment

• VH Drummer
                      Roadie
                      • May 2009

And most of the shows are pretty reasonably priced, seems to be even a little cheaper than 2007/8.
                      2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Sounds like the VH machine might be finally getting the importance of sites like this, and the internet in general.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by VH Drummer
                          And most of the shows are pretty reasonably priced, seems to be even a little cheaper than 2007/8.
                          Yeah. Some are $165. Walker MSG goes on sale the 10th it looks like.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Hopefully MILWAUKEE is on the 2nd leg of the tour....

SUMMERFEST would be too much to ask for.....................................

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                              We have so many threads up now I don't know where to post anything.
                              I'm gonna sticky this thread, at least for the time being. Folks, please try to just post new information in here, and save the commentary for other threads. Thanks!
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...