X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
    Lounge....you don't know me from a hole in the wall....but two thumbs up man. I enjoyed the tracks. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks alot for that

Appreciate it.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

The vocals are kinda extra up front, I think...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        The vocals are kinda extra up front, I think...
        That's funny, because the singer thinks the bass was too loud....

I stayed out of the mix process completely.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Perhaps because it was one of those first few tunes you put up at Reverbnation, "Paint You" still remains my favorite. Simply can't get it out of my head, and has lead toward some rather uncomfortable moments when I donned a pair of earphones and rocked out to it...at a public-use computer, well in view of my boss and some disgruntled patrons. The pisser is, since the new VH album began leaking a while back, everyone has not only more or less gotten used to me doing this, but seem willing enough to tolerate this behavior. Provided of course, that I not over do it.

In any event, the idea that I'm willing to do such a thing merely points to how outstanding I find this album to be. It leans toward the future, yet simultaneously reminds me of a past that was a (seemingly) so much friendlier place. Fine, fine work, brother.

Oh, and sorry I missed your birthday. It's been hell around here lately, which (again) explains why I keep returning to your album.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Perhaps because it was one of those first few tunes you put up at Reverbnation, "Paint You" still remains my favorite. Simply can't get it out of my head, and has lead toward some rather uncomfortable moments when I donned a pair of earphones and rocked out to it...at a public-use computer, well in view of my boss and some disgruntled patrons. The pisser is, since the new VH album began leaking a while back, everyone has not only more or less gotten used to me doing this, but seem willing enough to tolerate this behavior. Provided of course, that I not over do it.

In any event, the idea that I'm willing to do such a thing merely points to how outstanding I find this album to be. It leans toward the future, yet simultaneously reminds me of a past that was a (seemingly) so much friendlier place. Fine, fine work, brother.

Oh, and sorry I missed your birthday. It's been hell around here lately, which (again) explains why I keep returning to your album.

wow

Thank you so much for that, man

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              Thanks man, I wrote the music on Amelia, Please, which was my homage to The Stones.

Amelia, Please.... definitely has an Exile vibe to it! From the Stu type piano honky tonk, to the killer rhythmic interplay and the tasty guitar leads.......as a wise man once said, A stellar production!

4 out 5 star rating*

*would of given it 5 out of 5 but your ego's big enough
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Great stuff T! Good luck.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Great stuff T! Good luck.
                  Thanks, counselor....

Hope to see you on May 5th.

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

LM,

Ok, first off you guys are no Steel Panther... but now that's out of the way, the first song on Reverbnation has all the influences you mention as well as reminds me of some of the tunes on the movie soundtrack From Dusk Till Dawn, especially a band called Tito & Tarantula. Of course Man In Black influence is evident. Amelia got a bit of Wallflowers/Stones/SocialDistortion/HonkyTonk and those one hit wonder bastards from the late 80s Georgia Satellites... Bible song, Amelia song, and Outlaws are standout. I like it.

That is all.

Icon.
                    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Julius
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Thanks man, I wrote the music on Amelia, Please, which was my homage to The Stones.

I was about to say I had noticed a Stones influence there. And the lyrics hit close to home.

Let me know if you tour anywhere near Denver, I'm always happy to support a fellow Rothie.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                        LM,

Ok, first off you guys are no Steel Panther... but now that's out of the way, the first song on Reverbnation has all the influences you mention as well as reminds me of some of the tunes on the movie soundtrack From Dusk Till Dawn, especially a band called Tito & Tarantula. Of course Man In Black influence is evident. Amelia got a bit of Wallflowers/Stones/SocialDistortion/HonkyTonk and those one hit wonder bastards from the late 80s Georgia Satellites... Bible song, Amelia song, and Outlaws are standout. I like it.

That is all.

Icon.
                        I'm out of Thanks Buttons today.....

Or you'd get 2

You pretty much nailed us, right down to the GS reference.....

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Julius
                          I was about to say I had noticed a Stones influence there. And the lyrics hit close to home.

Let me know if you tour anywhere near Denver, I'm always happy to support a fellow Rothie.
                          I will man, we are hitting the road this summer

And thanks.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

It also evokes memories of another Seattle band I used to really enjoy - a Gerald Collier project called Deer Whistle. Good stuff all around.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Nicely done Lung.........

I'm digging "Adios King"......

Main riff has a CHEAP TRICK twist to it...in the best possible way....

yup...Dan Baird would approve....

It's like the Drive-Bye Truckers discovered distortion & Whiskey!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                                Nicely done Lung.........

I'm digging "Adios King"......

Main riff has a CHEAP TRICK twist to it...in the best possible way....

yup...Dan Baird would approve....

It's like the Drive-Bye Truckers discovered distortion & Whiskey!!!
                                Nice,
                                May I use that quote in our EPK?

Love it

Comment

Working...