Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Van Halen - YRGM, Tattoo & ATBL - 03-28-2012 Washington, DC Soundboard quality

Unreal sound quality!!!! Thought I would post here as the audio is so stellar. There must be an entire show where this came from...

Blabbermouth.net focuses on the latest heavy metal and hard rock news, reviews and music featuring tour dates and release dates

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 07-05-2012, 10:28 PM.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Dupe...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

sorry
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

It's all good...

It should have been in main in the first place...

Comment

• vaijuju
          Sniper
          • Jan 2008

DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

First audio was here (Guitars 101) thank some goes to jesus from the vhlinks! the audio youtube is from our channel VHFRANCE (thank ed5150)
          Last edited by vaijuju; 07-06-2012, 12:45 AM.
          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Dave sounds great on this
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I know. I find it interesting how little people care about sonic quality...probably has everything to do with Ipods and mp3s.

I can't believe the quality here...has to be soundboard.

When I was at the Winnipeg show I was dead centre on the floor and I couldn't believe how good Dave sounded. Not sure if that was just a good night for him or what
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The performance matters way more to me than the sonic quality of a live boot...

They all have sonic limitations regardless of the source...

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

The performance is very important but I can't get into it unless the sound quality is good. I still don't find the sound quality of MP3s acceptable, having grown up on LPs.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                    The performance is very important but I can't get into it unless the sound quality is good. I still don't find the sound quality of MP3s acceptable, having grown up on LPs.
                    I'm fairly in the middle. For live boots, I'm so brainwashed into accepting poor quality from all of those LPs that were re-recorded, stepped on and distributed in ever mutating packages during the 1970s that I'm capable of tolerating just about anything. This hearing ability was also in no doubt assisted by listening to ball games on a shitty transistor AM radio for the better part of two decades. On the other hand, for studio stuff I am a stickler for fidelity. If I can't hear all of the instruments within their preferred spectrum, I denounce the recording as shitty. I can not believe how people are willing to sit back and accept the crummy "quality" of MP3s and Ipod downloads.

And just what in the fuck is an ear-bud? It looks suspiciously like the goofy little speaker you stuck in your ear that came with the aforementioned radio.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• baru911
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Jetstream
                      Dave sounds great on this
                      I love Dave but his voice is a bit rough on that. Go to the 1:12 mark and listen through for about 10 or 15 seconds. WOW! Then got to ATAL which start at about the 9:00 mark. Again, a bit rough...WOW! Dave sound much better in Tattoo (except around the 6:05 or so mark) as he is in a range he should stay within. It not that he doesn't have the pipes anymore. His range is much smaller now. If he stays within his range he sounds pretty good.
                      Just remember boys and girls, to get Nick the Dick and his partner FORD off your porch when they come to your home you just need to pay them for the pizza.

Comment

• loucap81
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

I posted substantially the same thing in the original thread in Bootleg Corner, but I'll re-post here.

Pretty sure this is an IEM recording because you wouldn't have that background static on a soundboard. Also, the guy who possesses this (billyshears) is the same guy who teased us with a similar recording for Charlottesville 5/3/08, so what are the odds that he has contacts in both Charlottesville and DC that could get him soundboards. He probably lives somewhere in Virginia between the two cities and has a scanner device. I tried prying the Charlottesville show away from him in 2008 but to no avail.

As far as the points on the performance/Roth's voice are concerned, I followed VH for a four show stretch from Atlantic City 3/24 to Pittsburgh 3/30. True it was not a great week for VH, Dave in particular. Something was definitely wrong with him in Atlantic City and he did very little engaging of the crowd and struggled with the lyrics, even for Dave standards. Reading 3/26, he was back to his usual showman self but his voice was probably the worst it was all tour. From the get-go it was obvious he was fighting through something, with "Tattoo" being especially painful:

I thought DC and Pittsburgh were solid, although not awesome shows by usual standards. However, they were very much improved from Atlantic City and Reading. Dave's voice definitely got a lot better in DC two days after Reading.

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

Ed5150 from VHFRANCE post this for this audio/ Youtube

Great quality audio recording, soundboard or likely IEM
                          Eddie messes up the second verse of Tattoo, he kicks too early in the "Swap meet Sally" part, but quickly lands on his feet

http://vhfrance.activebb.net - Le 1er forum francophone sur Van Halen
                          - The first and only Van Halen French community -

You Really Got Me 0:00
                          Tattoo 4:00
                          Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love 8:32

Credit to billyshears
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• ODShowtime
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Man give me a full soundboard show please. Something for the car. Fuck this youtube bullshit. I haven't seen a good soundboard bootleg for any recent shows from anyone in years! I shouldn't have been so fast to snatch everything good from everyone earlier this century. I feel like I already have every decent bootleg ever recorded! FUCK.
                            gnaw on it

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Get a stereo compressor and a dual 31 band EQ and you will do wonders to your boots...

Comment

Working...