Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americans should be more worried about the First Amendment...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Americans should be more worried about the First Amendment...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    I'm not sure the US media is reporting this.

Instead of worrying about conspiracy bullshit people should be concentrating on real stuff which is pretty scary.

The FBI combined with the banks to infiltrate and destroy peaceful protest?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ackdown-occupy

Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy

New documents prove what was once dismissed as paranoid fantasy: totally integrated corporate-state repression of dissent

Naomi Wolf
    guardian.co.uk, Saturday 29 December 2012

It was more sophisticated than we had imagined: new documents show that the violent crackdown on Occupy last fall – so mystifying at the time – was not just coordinated at the level of the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and local police. The crackdown, which involved, as you may recall, violent arrests, group disruption, canister missiles to the skulls of protesters, people held in handcuffs so tight they were injured, people held in bondage till they were forced to wet or soil themselves –was coordinated with the big banks themselves.

The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, in a groundbreaking scoop that should once more shame major US media outlets (why are nonprofits now some of the only entities in America left breaking major civil liberties news?), filed this request. The document – reproduced here(link in original article) in an easily searchable format – shows a terrifying network of coordinated DHS, FBI, police, regional fusion center, and private-sector activity so completely merged into one another that the monstrous whole is, in fact, one entity: in some cases, bearing a single name, the Domestic Security Alliance Council. And it reveals this merged entity to have one centrally planned, locally executed mission. The documents, in short, show the cops and DHS working for and with banks to target, arrest, and politically disable peaceful American citizens.

The documents, released after long delay in the week between Christmas and New Year, show a nationwide meta-plot unfolding in city after city in an Orwellian world: six American universities are sites where campus police funneled information about students involved with OWS to the FBI, with the administrations' knowledge (p51); banks sat down with FBI officials to pool information about OWS protesters harvested by private security; plans to crush Occupy events, planned for a month down the road, were made by the FBI – and offered to the representatives of the same organizations that the protests would target; and even threats of the assassination of OWS leaders by sniper fire – by whom? Where? – now remain redacted and undisclosed to those American citizens in danger, contrary to standard FBI practice to inform the person concerned when there is a threat against a political leader (p61).

As Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, executive director of the PCJF, put it, the documents show that from the start, the FBI – though it acknowledges Occupy movement as being, in fact, a peaceful organization – nonetheless designated OWS repeatedly as a "terrorist threat":

"FBI documents just obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) … reveal that from its inception, the FBI treated the Occupy movement as a potential criminal and terrorist threat … The PCJF has obtained heavily redacted documents showing that FBI offices and agents around the country were in high gear conducting surveillance against the movement even as early as August 2011, a month prior to the establishment of the OWS encampment in Zuccotti Park and other Occupy actions around the country."

Verheyden-Hilliard points out the close partnering of banks, the New York Stock Exchange and at least one local Federal Reserve with the FBI and DHS, and calls it "police-statism":

"This production [of documents], which we believe is just the tip of the iceberg, is a window into the nationwide scope of the FBI's surveillance, monitoring, and reporting on peaceful protestors organizing with the Occupy movement … These documents also show these federal agencies functioning as a de facto intelligence arm of Wall Street and Corporate America."

The documents show stunning range: in Denver, Colorado, that branch of the FBI and a "Bank Fraud Working Group" met in November 2011 – during the Occupy protests – to surveil the group. The Federal Reserve of Richmond, Virginia had its own private security surveilling Occupy Tampa and Tampa Veterans for Peace and passing privately-collected information on activists back to the Richmond FBI, which, in turn, categorized OWS activities under its "domestic terrorism" unit. The Anchorage, Alaska "terrorism task force" was watching Occupy Anchorage. The Jackson, Mississippi "joint terrorism task force" was issuing a "counterterrorism preparedness alert" about the ill-organized grandmas and college sophomores in Occupy there. Also in Jackson, Mississippi, the FBI and the "Bank Security Group" – multiple private banks – met to discuss the reaction to "National Bad Bank Sit-in Day" (the response was violent, as you may recall). The Virginia FBI sent that state's Occupy members' details to the Virginia terrorism fusion center. The Memphis FBI tracked OWS under its "joint terrorism task force" aegis, too. And so on, for over 100 pages.

Jason Leopold, at Truthout.org, who has sought similar documents for more than a year, reported that the FBI falsely asserted in response to his own FOIA requests that no documents related to its infiltration of Occupy Wall Street existed at all. But the release may be strategic: if you are an Occupy activist and see how your information is being sent to terrorism task forces and fusion centers, not to mention the "longterm plans" of some redacted group to shoot you, this document is quite the deterrent.

There is a new twist: the merger of the private sector, DHS and the FBI means that any of us can become WikiLeaks, a point that Julian Assange was trying to make in explaining the argument behind his recent book. The fusion of the tracking of money and the suppression of dissent means that a huge area of vulnerability in civil society – people's income streams and financial records – is now firmly in the hands of the banks, which are, in turn, now in the business of tracking your dissent.

Remember that only 10% of the money donated to WikiLeaks can be processed – because of financial sector and DHS-sponsored targeting of PayPal data. With this merger, that crushing of one's personal or business financial freedom can happen to any of us. How messy, criminalizing and prosecuting dissent. How simple, by contrast, just to label an entity a "terrorist organization" and choke off, disrupt or indict its sources of financing.

Why the huge push for counterterrorism "fusion centers", the DHS militarizing of police departments, and so on? It was never really about "the terrorists". It was not even about civil unrest. It was always about this moment, when vast crimes might be uncovered by citizens – it was always, that is to say, meant to be about you.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-14-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was pretty obvious when the cities all cracked down on OWS on the same day. Our government was supporting the right of private citizens to assemble in countries like Egypt and breaking up protests in its own back yard at the same time. Shameful.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This when you have Black Jesus as president, a former civil rights attorney who used to lecture in constitutional law?

The irony is up there with Henry Kissinger winning a Nobel Peace Prize...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Or Obama winning it. :P

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The rise of the police state...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Soros funded Marxists prove they are not smarter than the FBI. They should have had the fire hoses turned on them after the week.

Shit supported by shit leaving shit behind.

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is sad and disgraceful, a legacy of the knee-jerk paranoia and corporatism starting to be codified against the Antiwar movement in the 60's and stemmed by the fallout of the 1970's and various investigations such as The Church Commission. It's pretty fucking awful that 9/11 has blinded people and allowed for this to be reborn.

Another concern is not only is this a basic affront to civil liberties combined with a fascist-lite fusion of state security organs with base corporate interests against what is a basic, nonviolent protest--it also is watering down the ability of the federal gov't to respond to real security threats and actual criminals...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Soros funded Marxists prove they are not smarter than the FBI. They should have had the fire hoses turned on them after the week.

Shit supported by shit leaving shit behind.

You're even dumber than Elvis...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Hey now...he put a lot of effort into not learning anything.....give credit where credit is due.

He is VERY SUCCESSFUL at being stoopid.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Americans should be worried about the 2nd amendment ... it is the last resort to pushing back against a government intent on infringing on the 1st and other amendments.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    I agree.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Americans should be worried about the 2nd amendment ... it is the last resort to pushing back against a government intent on infringing on the 1st and other amendments.

I agree with you on principle, but even if I have a dozen assault rifles and a crate of ammo I can't stop a tank or a drone from taking me out from a block away... just sayin'.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have a much better chance of protecting your 2nd Amendment Rights using the 1st than trying to use the 2nd to protect the 1st!

Although personally if I was you I would amend the 2nd to get rid of it but I'm not American...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I don't think it'd come to that ... I have a lot of hope that the military would refuse to attack our citizenry.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I don't think it'd come to that ... I have a lot of hope that the military would refuse to attack our citizenry.
    See, that's where this whole "tyrannical government" thing falls flat for me... you think the average soldier is gonna help raze some US neighborhood that wants to keep its guns, knowing full well the same thing is likely going on in his own neighborhood at the same moment - or will soon, at least? Thinkin' there'd be more than a few that would disobey that (unrealistic) order...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that's why it's "just in case/last resort"

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't see the disconnect between this and the "conspiracy bullshit". In fact this adds credence to some conspiracy arguments, doesn't it?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    I don't see the disconnect between this and the "conspiracy bullshit". In fact this adds credence to some conspiracy arguments, doesn't it?
    If you heard them on Alex Jones? NO. Just sayin'.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But this does show a conspiracy between The Banks (who run things) and the Policia (the govt. stormtroopers)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Americans should be worried about the 2nd amendment ...
    Some are, but the rest have been duped by staged shootings...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Some are, but the rest have been duped by staged shootings...
    I'm not worried about the 2nd Amendment.....but I am beginning to believe you and your theories.

Keep up the good fight, and ignore the sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Check out this current article from the Newtown Bee that says absolutely nothing exactly one month later...

Police Investigation Into Sandy Hook School Murders Progresses

Link

By Andrew Gorosko

Police investigators this week continued their probe into the December 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in which 20 first-graders and six school staffers were massacred when a gunman shot his way into the building and launched a gunfire rampage with a military-style assault rifle.

State police spokesman Lieutenant J. Paul Vance said that progress is being made in the probe, adding that, "It's going to be a long investigation."

State police, town police, the state's attorney's office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and the US attorney for Connecticut are among the agencies participating.

"I would hesitate to put a time on it," Lt Vance said of the duration of the probe.

"We're maintaining the integrity of the (crime) scene," he said, noting that the Sandy Hook School remains off limits to the public as the investigation there continued this week. Midday on Wednesday, a state trooper was posted on Dickenson Drive, turning back people from approaching the K-4 school.

The state police's western, eastern, and central major crime squads are involved in the investigation, Lt Vance said.

Adam Lanza, 20, of 36 Yogananda Street, Sandy Hook, had shot and killed his mother Nancy Lanza, 52, in her sleep at their home before driving to the school and going on a shooting rampage. After police encountered him at the school, Lanza shot himself to death, bringing the total number of dead to 28.

"We're moving forward. The detectives are working very hard to meet our objectives," Lt Vance said.

Police will investigate the crime as long as necessary to accomplish their goals, he said. The lieutenant noted that one lead often produces another lead, which makes it difficult to predict the length of an investigation.

A chief goal of the probe is uncovering a clear motive for Adam Lanza's actions. The results of the completed probe would be made public.

Police Chief

Newtown Police Chief Michael Kehoe said town police are working "side by side" with state police in the probe.

"Multiple investigations are going on," he said.

Besides the shooting incidents at Sandy Hook School and at the Lanza residence, probes are being conducted into fraudulent fundraising schemes exploiting survivor families and the general public, he said.

Police also are investigating ensuing threats of violence which were made against the Head O' Meadow School and St Rose of Lima Church, Chief Kehoe said.

As with the rest of Newtown, the crime has had an emotional impact on town police, Chief Kehoe said, "I think we're all rebounding at our own paces."

"We're watching out for each other and supporting each other," he said.

Attorney Eric Brown, who represents the Newtown Police Union, said the union is seeking to find a mechanism that would allow town police who take time off work due to emotional distress to continue receiving a paycheck.

It was unclear, how many, if any, town police were off work this week due to the emotional stresses caused by their investigation of the incident.

On December 27, Mr Brown had said that "three to five" town police were then still off work in the aftermath of the mass murder incident.

The town police department has 45 members, 43 of whom are represented by the police union. The police labor contract allows up to ten sick days annually per officer.

However, Mr Brown has expressed concerns that police strongly affected by the shooting incident may run out of sick time and have no paychecks available while they are off work.

"There's plenty of people who want to donate money" to ensure that police who are off work receive paychecks, Mr Brown said.

But, he added, that some "formal mechanism" must be created if police are to be paid while off work due to stress-related problems stemming from the shooting incident.

Mr Brown said that potentially a dozen police officers may need to take some time off work, as needed, to deal with such stress-related problems.

The police chief has been supportive in view of the affected officers' plight, Mr Brown said.

Mr Brown said the police union will soon meet with the town in seeking to fashion some formal mechanism which would allow affected officers to be paid while off work for stress-related reasons.

State's Attorney

Danbury State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky, III, said this week that five search warrants which were issued to police investigators in probing the mass murder remain under court seal.

Mr Sedensky sought and received a judge's approval to keep those five warrants sealed from public review for 90 days to protect the ongoing crime investigation. He declined to describe the specifics of the warrants.

Those warrants would now be unsealed with their contents disclosed by late March, unless the state seeks and receives from a judge another time extension to keep them sealed.

In a statement on the investigation, the Chief State's Attorney's Office said that the Danbury State's Attorney's Office will continue to work with the state police, Newtown police, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, and other local, state, and federal agencies on the crime probe.

"It cannot be stated too often how invaluable and necessary the work of the United States Attorney's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Marshals Service, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other federal agencies was and is to this investigation," it added.

Once the investigation has been completed and all documents and evidence are reviewed, Mr Sedensky "will make any appropriate decisions regarding prosecutions pursuant to state law and will issue a report of the incident with input from all agencies involved," according to the statement.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that headline should read: "Police Investigation Into Sandy Hook School Murders: No Progress"

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And notice all of the agencies providing "assistance."

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "It cannot be stated too often how invaluable and necessary the work of the United States Attorney's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Marshals Service, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other federal agencies was and is to this investigation,"

Chilling, to say the least...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    I'm not worried about the 2nd Amendment.....but I am beginning to believe you and your theories.

Keep up the good fight, and ignore the sheep

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    jfail is in a government induced trance...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Better than an Alex Jones induced seizure...idiot.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    jfail is in a government induced trance...
    Look, some of us are listening....quit with the insults and just make your case.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

uh hu hu hu huhuh

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    The big difference with this one is real evidence instead of just making shit up.
    http://www.justiceonline.org/comment...html#documents

Also there is means, motive and opportunity and logic to it unlike crap about the US government killing school kids to get more gun control.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As do I. Commanders, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines would rebel en masse if it were ever to come down to that. But you still have to be able to defend yourself against the rogue elements.
    Last edited by BigBadBrian; 01-15-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    This is sad and disgraceful, a legacy of the knee-jerk paranoia and corporatism starting to be codified against the Antiwar movement in the 60's and stemmed by the fallout of the 1970's and various investigations such as The Church Commission. It's pretty fucking awful that 9/11 has blinded people and allowed for this to be reborn.

Another concern is not only is this a basic affront to civil liberties combined with a fascist-lite fusion of state security organs with base corporate interests against what is a basic, nonviolent protest--it also is watering down the ability of the federal gov't to respond to real security threats and actual criminals...
    911? OWS and 911? MMM...K

The Nonviolent 60's.

Well, as usual of late, Little Nickki provides his unique pontification about ............... state security organs.

Meanwhile 30+ years later, chicken shit mayors tolerated shit in their streets when the template for handling shit protesters was provided in 1968:

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    As do I. Commanders, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines would rebel en masse if it were ever to come down to that. But you still have to be able to defend yourself against the rogue elements.
    I'm not so worried about the military as I am about mercenary thugs like BlacKKKwater. They have already proven they are willing to turn against the American people in the aftermath of Katrina.

Right, Elvis?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    So why do you piss your pants over a very dubious interpretation of the Second Amendment as a bulwark against gov't "tyranny?"

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    911? OWS and 911? MMM...K

The Nonviolent 60's.

Well, as usual of late, Little Nickki provides his unique pontification about ............... state security organs.

Meanwhile 30+ years later, chicken shit mayors tolerated shit in their streets when the template for handling shit protesters was provided in 1968:

Or 1938...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was quite leap. Besides even the Nazis wouldn't have touched these dirty, worthless Marxists.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny watching you support the billionaires and government against the common citizen.

One takes hundreds of billions of dollars and the other makes a park a bit messy...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Last edited by WARF; 01-15-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Thread Information