Which 40 year old would you choose to be your #1 guy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Which 40 year old would you choose to be your #1 guy?

They are both having incredible years...so which one would you pick...and remember...not 1 game...but the season...

I'll set it for 2 picks...

pick a for the season choice...and a for 1 game choice...if you get me...
    a:4:{i:486;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:486;s:6:"nodeid";s:4:"5193";s:5:"title";s:28:"Randy Johnson for the season";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:2:"98";i:1;s:4:"3170";i:2;s:1:"3";}}i:487;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:487;s:6:"nodeid";s:4:"5193";s:5:"title";s:28:"Roger Clemens for the season";s:5:"votes";i:4;s:6:"voters";a:4:{i:0;s:1:"4";i:1;s:3:"149";i:2;s:2:"71";i:3;s:4:"2512";}}i:488;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:488;s:6:"nodeid";s:4:"5193";s:5:"title";s:24:"Randy Johnson for Game 7";s:5:"votes";i:5;s:6:"voters";a:5:{i:0;s:1:"4";i:1;s:4:"4146";i:2;s:2:"71";i:3;s:3:"403";i:4;s:4:"3170";}}i:489;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:489;s:6:"nodeid";s:4:"5193";s:5:"title";s:24:"Roger Clemens for Game 7";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:3:"149";i:1;s:4:"2512";}}}
    0%
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Alright...you can pick one of each...

mine are different...

Clemens for the season...

RJ for the 1 game...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm partial to Clemens but RJ is one helluva pitcher.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Clemens for the season because his off season is so intense that his work ethic is a good example for your younger pitchers. Not to mention his consistent high level can carry a staff a whole year.

Johnson can carry a staff too, but has proven to be a little more injury prone over these latter stages of their careers. But for a game, if he is on, he very well may not only win it, but no hit your ass.

Comment

• Lou

Clemens for the season, Johnson for the game. Based on the fact that Roger hasn't been dominant in postseason play the last couple of years. I think for the one game you have a better chance with Johnson for whatever reason.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

You kind of get the feeling that Randy could pitch every game in the playoffs...

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The way i look at it, Johnson chqnges lineups roger doesnt.
              I voted for RJ..
              I'll never forget that Larry Walker moment..lmao.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah man...that was a classic...fucking Walker going to the other side of the plate, and flipping the helmet around...thing is...he was probably scared shitless...

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I'd take Johnson for both the season and the game.

Comment

Working...