X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Oh PLU-EAZE!! They are another lame Zeppy clone dog and pony show. Fucking outdated 70's riff posturing, and bland lyrics. No originality, no substance. Nothing..
    Exactly! That's why I like it. I don't believe in this musically snobbery of "it must be original and full of meaning or its crap" stuff. If so, I think we need to completely destroy Paul McCartney for his lack of originality because he ripped off both Chuck Berry and Little Richard early in his career. IF I want "substance" I'll watch a PBS documentary on Leonard Cohen or something (which I never will).

If I like it, I like it. " Music, you now, true music - not just rock n roll - it chooses you." Can't help it. Won't apologize for it.
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
      It's become a moot point, but you really are a big F A T fucking cunt who knows nothing about good rock n' roll.
      I know more than you, Mr. Styx pansy-ass loser.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
        Exactly! That's why I like it. I don't believe in this musically snobbery of "it must be original and full of meaning or its crap" stuff. If so, I think we need to completely destroy Paul McCartney for his lack of originality because he ripped off both Chuck Berry and Little Richard early in his career. IF I want "substance" I'll watch a PBS documentary on Leonard Cohen or something (which I never will).

If I like it, I like it. " Music, you now, true music - not just rock n roll - it chooses you." Can't help it. Won't apologize for it.
        Actually, McCartney & Co. ripped off Buddy Holly. But...what is here to like? Originality is one thing but recycling used bin riffs is quite another. Even with their slick production, this guys sound the same as every other two-bit band that you'd see in any given dive bar on any Saturday night. Look at them posturing for a major corporate label contract where, if lucky, they will become tools for a failing industry. Who knows, they might sell a record or two.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Truth is, I think John Lennon was really the one who was more influenced by Buddy Holly (he even had the glasses). Paul was definitely more influenced by Little Richard.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I disagree.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Check it out. I bought this last Saturday at a garage sale for $4 (yeah, I know I was ripped off). I'm hoping it'll send my blood pressure over the edge.

It's a poorly, poorly written book done by a failed musician now turned "rock journalist" hack who, as far I can tell judging from the first few chapters, just wants to suck Jimmy's dick.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

So, after all of your hemming and hawing, you're willing to spend 4 of your hard earned weed stash dollars on something pertaining to someone you despise? What's up with that?

Comment

• SilvioDante
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Truth is, I think John Lennon was really the one who was more influenced by Buddy Holly (he even had the glasses). Paul was definitely more influenced by Little Richard.
                    Thank you FORD. I may not be as enlightened in my musical perspectives and some on this board and Lord knows I'm wrong ALOT, but I grew up in a house with the Beatles playing nearly 24/7 and I am hardly every wrong about the Beatles.
                    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      So, after all of your hemming and hawing, you're willing to spend 4 of your hard earned weed stash dollars on something pertaining to someone you despise? What's up with that?
                      Know thy enemy. Read Sun Tzu sometime.

“To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Know thy enemy. Read Sun Tzu sometime.

“To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.”
                        Your nuts. Page isn't your enemy. He just a human you don't like. I'll be God damned if I'm going to read up on Jon Bon Jovi. Me no likey? Me no listen. Simplezzat.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Bon Jovi is an asshole. Not the enemy. Jimmy Page is most definitely the enemy.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now look what you did Kristy.....

Mention Sun Tzu and we get invaded by the Chinese spambot army.......
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

At least it is a punctuational correct spambot.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

OK, here's a list of modern hard rock bands that people who think this sort of music need to hear:

Airbourne (first record - 'Running Wild' - is the best)
                                The Answer (first two records)
                                Rival Sons
                                Graveyard
                                Torche
                                Nighthorse
                                The Parlor Mob (think a looser Black Crowes)
                                The Virgin Marys
                                Million Dollar Reload (patchy, but persevere with their debut)
                                The Black Spiders
                                Hurricane Party
                                The Jim Jones Revue (nitro-charged '50s rock 'n' roll)
                                The Stonewall Noise Orchestra
                                Saint Jude (beautiful voice)
                                Royal Thunder (a band that could have easily traded punches with the best bands in the '70s)

I could go on.........

Oh, and I should also point out that liking both Echo & The Bunnymen and Airbourne is possible....
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...