X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

The scandal of fiddled global warming data

When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data.

Telegraph

A scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow': in reality, officially approved scientists fudge the data

There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.

When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.

• Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The Copenhagen summit fell apart because evidence of climate data fudging came out. I mean rating bonds is scientific. Some of the most trusted names in the ratings industry got caught fudging data for the big corporations and banks. Anyone can be bribed and/or threatened. Academics are not immune.

There seems to be a trend of using mass media to convince the masses something is true that really isn't. This trend started when only a few companies now own the mass media. In short. People and institutions we should trust are proving themselves to be untrustworthy. If anything, the western world suffers from chronic corruption right now. Everything seems to be a scam these days. The trust is gone and only a fool blindly trusts anymore.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

That's why I call Sesh a disinformation minister...

It's almost like he's paid to post the crap he claims to be "proven scientific data."

But I think it's the Vodka and whatever medication he may take...

Oh well...

I get a good laugh, but it's sad...

Everything is a lie...

For instance, show me one time where Baruck Obomba tells the truth on any subject...any subject ??

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

No takers, eh ??

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Gee...

I Seshticle missed this article...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't have time we've done this one before and you lost.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

It's amazing how delusional you are...

I must have been mistaken when I thought you might have some integrity...

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I don't have time we've done this one before and you lost.
                Can you link me to/tell me where it is? I'd like to read that discussion.

I'm always interested in the back & forths of you & Elvis. They're highly entertaining.

Cheers!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

No, he wont...

First of all, he's lying...

He hasn't shown proof or debunked anything...

So, his game now is to ignore it and hopefully it drops off of the page...

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    No, he wont...

First of all, he's lying...

He hasn't shown proof or debunked anything...

So, his game now is to ignore it and hopefully it drops off of the page...
                    Well, that sucks.

I realize that for most people, this is just an "I'm right & you're not" game, just like everything else, really.

Noone really cares about global warming or climate change. They just want the satisfaction of being right.

I hope Sesh is different. I respect the guy's opinion, even if I like to get his goat. Alot.

You know, alot of people who take the "Earth Defender" stance are probably hoping disaster strikes, just so they can rub it in our faces that they were right. They probably have wet dreams of us crawling in front of them to beg their forgiveness.

Well, if the shit hits the fan, I'll just ask "Hey, you guys were the majority. How come you've done nothing to avoid this? Oh, that's right, you were too busy trying to be right on the internet to actually DO something."

Yep, THAT is my wet dream.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We had this thread just a few weeks ago, I posted an impartial documentary which explained where and how the climate scientists fucked up back in the 70s/80s leading to climate change denial. It then showed how much more evidence we have now.

ELVIS just ignored it all saying it was made up lies and couldn't or wouldn't engage with any of the points.

It's completely pointless debating with him on this.

Now he starts yet another thread and calls me a liar? Pushing his luck...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        We have this thread every single motherfucking day and it is pointless and I will ban the next person who posts anything about global warming!

There, that's better...
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The irony is I don't give much of a shit about the issue anyway, it's boring and I live somewhere that it won't affect hugely.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I didn't ignore anything...

It's not pointless...

Make a logical argument...

You just throw out data that's incorrect, say it's not open for debate, and say there's an overwhelming consensus that agree, and therefore it's somehow settled...

Saying that the science of something like the atmosphere, with all of it's variables, is settled, is both unsceintific and arrogant...

It's also dishonest...

Science constantly disproves itself as knowledge increases...

Man doesn't know everything abut the planet and God constantly proves him wrong...

You're following the intellectually dishonest line of bullshit on the subject of Global Warming™...err...Climate Change®... Seshticle...

Comment

Working...