Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Well no VH for this yrs Super Bowl..

  1. #1
    Foot Soldier

    Member No
    24278
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    55
    Posts
    666
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 161 Times in 79 Posts


    Rep Power
    17

    Well no VH for this yrs Super Bowl..

    Was hoping with all the TV appearances over the summer that VH would've performed at the Super Bowl!

    So much for that dream..
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    Was hoping with all the TV appearances over the summer that VH would've performed at the Super Bowl!

    So much for that dream..
    I swear to Baby Jesus, if I had to sit through a halftime show watching Ed play that same solo again I would pull an Elvis and shoot the TV. But if they got up there and just ran through a handful of songs I'd be down for that. I'd even look the other way if Dave sang to a backing track. The stage and lighting would be off the charts so it would definitely kick ass.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #3
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Is it really going to be Coldplay, or is that just a rumor? I thought they had said it was going to be Bruno Mars again, but in a "curator" role of past halftime performances.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #4
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    What the hell is a Bruno Mars and why does an over produced half time show need a "curator"? It ain't the fuckin Smithsonian - it's a stupid mini concert that half of us don't watch because the performers usually suck and instead we go take a leak and drank some more beers.

  5. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

    Edwards3rdWife (12-14-2015)


  6. #5
    Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:25 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    58,718
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,394
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts


    Rep Power
    144
    Remember back in the days when ALL the Super Bowl halftime shows sucked, and you could change the channel and watch a live episode of "In Living Color" or Beavis & Butthead's "Butt Bowl" episodes??

    Maybe it's time to bring that back, since it's obvious that the Super Bowl never intends to book another legitimate band again.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  7. #6
    Foot Soldier

    Member No
    24278
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    55
    Posts
    666
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 161 Times in 79 Posts


    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Is it really going to be Coldplay, or is that just a rumor? I thought they had said it was going to be Bruno Mars again, but in a "curator" role of past halftime performances.
    Yes it will them!

  8. #7
    Banned
    Member No
    5226
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,707
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,428
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    What the hell is a Bruno Mars and why does an over produced half time show need a "curator"? It ain't the fuckin Smithsonian - it's a stupid mini concert that half of us don't watch because the performers usually suck and instead we go take a leak and drank some more beers.
    Bruno Mars is a casualty of today's music industry.

    Now, you wouldn't think so, 'cuz he's famous & he's got all this press behind him & shit.

    But he'll never amount to legendary status because his music is such an overproduced generic crap that he's going to be forgotten soon.

    It's a shame. I listened to one of his songs by accident & underneath all that corporate polish carefully designed to make the song sound as much as possible as every single other song being published nowadays, there is real talent.

    I'd say that mothefucker could've easily become as big as Michael Jackson or Prince. But he'll never have that opportunity. They'll fuck him hard & throw away like a used rag.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  9. #8
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    I don't care if the guy can shoot flames out his asshole and fly around the stadium - he ain't never gonna be a Michael Jackson or a Prince. Prince is one of the baddest motherfuckers that ever lived. I mean, when you can dress like he used to and still pull pussy the you know you're a bad ass.

    Maybe I should get me some of those outfits. Be kinda hard to conceal my guns though, seein as how tight they are...

  10. 3 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

    Edwards3rdWife (12-14-2015),Jetstream (12-07-2015),philouze (12-07-2015)


  11. #9
    Banned
    Member No
    5226
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,707
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,428
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I don't care if the guy can shoot flames out his asshole and fly around the stadium - he ain't never gonna be a Michael Jackson or a Prince.
    That's exactly my point.

    Furthermore, neither Michael Jackson nor Prince would be Michael Jackson or Prince if they started today.

    They'd just be another flavour of the month waiting to be discarded as soon as the next carefully manufactured "new hot thing" comes along.

    This is assassination of culture. This is why I get so pissed off at stupidity. They are obliterating everything that makes us human & bringing us down to savagery levels. We're going back to the middle-ages, I keep telling you people that.

    Besides, I don't think those pants go well with flip-flops.

  12. #10
    Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    ZahZoo's Avatar
    Member No
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:34 AM
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    8,955
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,510
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    To hell with all this big time, pop star productions... bring back marching bands and baton twirlers!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  13. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

    Anonymous (12-05-2015),DavidLeeNatra (12-05-2015),Terry (12-06-2015)


  14. #11
    your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

    DLR Bridge's Avatar
    Member No
    25975
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,468
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,352
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts


    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    To hell with all this big time, pop star productions... bring back marching bands and baton twirlers!!
    Man, just had a flashback to one of the Superbowls of the late 70s. Pretty sure it was a marching band during the Steelers vs. Cowboys.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  15. #12
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    That's exactly my point.

    Furthermore, neither Michael Jackson nor Prince would be Michael Jackson or Prince if they started today.

    They'd just be another flavour of the month waiting to be discarded as soon as the next carefully manufactured "new hot thing" comes along.

    This is assassination of culture. This is why I get so pissed off at stupidity. They are obliterating everything that makes us human & bringing us down to savagery levels. We're going back to the middle-ages, I keep telling you people that.

    Besides, I don't think those pants go well with flip-flops.
    I ditched the flip flops and now have five pairs of Sperrys in all sorts of colors. The canvas ones. They say I'm casual but not too casual. Plus I can run in them in case the Talicong chases me through the Walmart.

  16. #13
    Banned
    Member No
    5226
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,707
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,428
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    To hell with all this big time, pop star productions... bring back marching bands and baton twirlers!!
    So you're all for a David Lee Roth half-time show?

  17. 2 users say thank you to Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

    DavidLeeNatra (12-05-2015),ZahZoo (12-05-2015)


  18. #14
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    To hell with all this big time, pop star productions... bring back marching bands and baton twirlers!!
    Hello, sailor!!


  19. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

    Jetstream (12-07-2015),Terry (12-06-2015)


  20. #15
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    I'd bet a hundred bucks every single one of those showgirls was 100% safe from being hit on by Dave

  21. #16
    Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    ZahZoo's Avatar
    Member No
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:34 AM
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    8,955
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,510
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    So you're all for a David Lee Roth half-time show?
    What the hell...

    This is a fucking half time show!!


  22. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

    DavidLeeNatra (12-05-2015)


  23. #17
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    11,940
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    4,607
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,499 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55
    Maybe THIS the year Van Halen is actually going to play Tabula Rasa and Eat Thy Neighbor as Superbowl headline acts rather than 2001...and the last 15 years have just been a multi-year, decoy holding pattern...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  24. #18
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    11,940
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    4,607
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,499 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    Bruno Mars is a casualty of today's music industry.

    Now, you wouldn't think so, 'cuz he's famous & he's got all this press behind him & shit.

    But he'll never amount to legendary status because his music is such an overproduced generic crap that he's going to be forgotten soon.

    It's a shame. I listened to one of his songs by accident & underneath all that corporate polish carefully designed to make the song sound as much as possible as every single other song being published nowadays, there is real talent.

    I'd say that mothefucker could've easily become as big as Michael Jackson or Prince. But he'll never have that opportunity. They'll fuck him hard & throw away like a used rag.
    You know, I generally agree with your sentiments toward Bruno Mars. There is a bit of talent there underneath all of the hype. If he lets that talent be overshadowed by the desires of his management team/record company in order to grab onto some more fame, it'll be nobody's fault other than his own.

  25. #19
    Foot Soldier
    Jetstream's Avatar
    Member No
    27731
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    55
    Posts
    609
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 343 Times in 181 Posts


    Rep Power
    16
    I would like to see just a video of the freaking ice chests on the sidelines for a normal halftime break instead of a freaking 40 minute break that throws all the players off just so all the people who do not like football try to make the Super Bowl an event ... while my beloved Arizona Cardinals with the rabid parrot on their helmets finally win a freaking Super Bowl lol
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  26. #20
    Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    DONNIEP's Avatar
    Member No
    2737
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Who the hell knows
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13,390
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts


    Rep Power
    70
    I think they should let all the players drink beer and do blow on the sidelines during half time. It would make for a kick ass second half.

    Of course the NFL would have to pay for body guards for all the wives but it would be worth it.

  27. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

    Edwards3rdWife (12-14-2015),Jetstream (12-08-2015)


  28. #21
    Foot Soldier
    Jetstream's Avatar
    Member No
    27731
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    55
    Posts
    609
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 343 Times in 181 Posts


    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I think they should let all the players drink beer and do blow on the sidelines during half time. It would make for a kick ass second half.

    Of course the NFL would have to pay for body guards for all the wives but it would be worth it.
    Lawrence Taylor approves lol

  29. #22
    Belly Searcher
    Head Fluffer
    BumBahDeeDah's Avatar
    Member No
    2303
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 11:08 PM
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    292
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 95 Times in 63 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    I don't think the Super Bowl halftime show is for football fans. I feel that even if it's an act or genre of music I don't care for, the halftime show should have music that's uptempo, or with an "edge" at least. I mean damn, it IS football.

    VH would be awesome, but it's never gonna happen.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Super Bowl Ad Features "Pretty Woman"
    By Va Beach VH Fan in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 02:45 AM
  2. Here's one ad you will NOT be seeing on Super Bowl Sunday
    By FORD in forum Max's Non VH/DLR Related Stuff
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 07:42 PM
  3. Van Halen to play the Super Bowl???
    By gbranton in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 389
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
  4. From Greenock to glory: Scot in Super Bowl joy
    By Seshmeister in forum ALinChainz' Locker Room - Sports Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  5. Super Bowl Thread
    By ALinChainz in forum ALinChainz' Locker Room - Sports Central
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •