Does anyone think George Bush can be beat in the election?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Does anyone think George Bush can be beat in the election?

I voted for Bush last time.. but never again.
    I don't like him.. I am not going to call him a NAZI like Ford [no offense]
    But the guy is not my cup of tea..
    He is so offensive. The guy is like a rooster.. always ready to fight and talking shit.
    Runnin' at the mouth and pissing off the entire world.

Plus when Rumsfeld said "I think we can sucessfully fight IRAQ, Afganistan and North Korea at the same time.. I almost hit the roof!

Anyways.. Bush is way in the lead..
    BUt the democrats are all divided.

Do you think Bush can lose this election and who do you think can beat him?
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Howard Dean can and will beat Junior!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Nope. And you're dead wrong on what is actually offensive about Dubya. (Think domestic spending).

He's got national security in the bag.

Comment

• Sarge
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I don't think Dean can do it..
        Whoever can the democrats need to get behind him to do it.

Hey John Ashcroft I was talking about what was offensive to me..
        I know he gets ragged on about domestic spending after spending billions on Iraq and the space program.
        Not to mention tax cuts for the wealthy
        ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
        The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
        [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• lucky wilbury

i don't make political predictions

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
            I don't think Dean can do it..
            Whoever can the democrats need to get behind him to do it.

If the Democratic party is NOT solidly united behind the nominee, we won't win. But it's Dean, out of all the candidates who is bringing people back to the political process. People who definitely do not like the direction this country is heading under the Bush Fraudministration, but who are also just as frustrated with the establishment Democrats like Kerry, Lieberman, and Gephardt. Some of those people voted for Nader last time, and we all know how that turned out.

There's also (as Asscrotch himself admits) a segment of the conservatives who are turned off by Junior's domestic spending alone. Dean, as governor of Vermont, was very fiscally conservative. And let's face it, Dean was completely correct about Iraq being an unneccessary war which distracted from the actual war on terror. Another faction of the Republican party (let's call them the Buchanan wing) is pissed at Bush because of that. They could easily vote for Dean if a third party candidate like Buchanan himself doesn't jump in.

And if he does, that's still votes that Bush won't get.

I don't see these people voting for the DLC/establishment Democrats like Kerry or Gephardt. They might vote for Clark, but Clark has no experience in the political process, and though he's a smart man, the Rove media machine is already waiting to do him in - with his own words about how PNAC is a "great team" that "we need" in the nation's capitol.

Dean is the best man to build the "Anti Chimp Coalition" necessary to bring the unelected fraud down.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Now Sarge, talking points won't work here... (you know better!)

They weren't tax cuts for the "wealthy". I got a tax cut. If you're a Captain, you probably got one too (but if you were in Iraq or Saudi most of last year, you were tax exempt for most of your income anyway and wouldn't realize the tax cut). However, if you have children, you also got an adjustment for this year's taxes earlier in the year.

Oh, and "trickle-down" or more correctly called "supply-side" economics do work. It worked for JFK, it worked for Reagan, and it's in the process of working for Dubya.

Now, I use their names because they were the CINCs at the time and pressed for tax relief across the board. But what I really should say is that the tax cuts worked for all Americans and our economy during these administrations tenure.

Oh, and Ford... You're full of shit!

Comment

• Catfish

It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than what the dems got to unearth that good 'ol boy.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                  It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than what the dems got to unearth that good 'ol boy.
                  What the Dems have right now is very little name recognition, only the beginnings of media exposure and several debates which almost nobody has seen. In other words, any poll placing Junior "far in the lead" at this point is not entirely honest. I'm estimating within 2 months we will have a nominee (hopefully Dean) all but "officially" decalared, and from that point on it will be a 2 man race.

Dean vs Junior.

And I want to see real debates this fall, not those stupid sit down Q&A scripted fakes.

Dean will hand Bush his ass in any real debate
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

I don't think Dean is as strong a candidate as he seems right now. Even Kerry is catching up to him, and he was written off earlier.

Hillary is probably the best shot the Dems have. But there's no way I'm putting another Clinton in office.
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Catfish

The simple reason Bush won't lose is because the people generally like him as a man, as a person.

No matter what they may disagree with him on, people respond to him and can relate to him. He's down to Earth and in control. A man of action.

And the chicks dig him.

Worked for Clinton...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                        I don't think Dean is as strong a candidate as he seems right now. Even Kerry is catching up to him, and he was written off earlier.

Hillary is probably the best shot the Dems have. But there's no way I'm putting another Clinton in office.
                        Other than not always saying things in the most "PC" manner, what exactly has Dean done wrong so far in his candidacy? He's got the grassroots support network. He's got the money - from people, not corporations. He's got the message thats resonating accross the country - and not just with registered Democrats. The same guys that damn near drove me out of the Democratic party in 2002 are the same ones scared shitless of Howard Dean right now, and that's why they won't stop attacking him with bullshit..

You should recognize all of this, Jeff. Because what the DLC is doing to Dean right now is very similar to what the BCE team did to Bill Clinton in early 1992. In fact, I'd say they're hitting Howard even harder. But he's not going away.

Not for the next 9 years or so, anyway
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                          The simple reason Bush won't lose is because the people generally like him as a man, as a person.

No matter what they may disagree with him on, people respond to him and can relate to him. He's down to Earth and in control. A man of action.
                          That's a myth. One recently shatterred by his ex Treasury secretary. Junior's not in charge of shit. And his "down to earthiness" is a made for TV fraud.

Want a man of action? How about a man who could have lived a priviledged lazy life like Junior's, but instead decided to make something of himself. A doctor. A governor. And soon, the President of the United States.

And the chicks dig him.

Worked for Clinton...
                          Chicks dig the Chimp?? Since when? :confused:
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                            i don't make political predictions
                            Really?

LOL!

Cheers!

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Really?

LOL!

Cheers!

in terms of political races no but in terms of world events yes

Comment

Working...