ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

FAUX Host Begs DeSantis To Stop Being An Unlikable Weirdo

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Even Dylan Mulvaney polls higher than Meatball Ron DeSanctimonious!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DeSantis Demands NATO Withdraw from Disney’s “It’s A Small World” Ride

newyorker.com
    DeSantis Demands NATO Withdraw from Disney’s “It’s A Small World” Ride
    Andy Borowitz

ORLANDO (The Borowitz Report)—In an effort to establish his foreign-policy credentials, Ron DeSantis urged all NATO countries to “immediately withdraw” from Disney World’s “It’s a Small World” ride.

Claiming that Disney had perpetrated an “illegal woke invasion of Florida,” the Governor identified the “Small World” ride as the “tip of Disney’s liberal spear.”

“The Evil Empire of Disney is trying to spread the ideology that ‘there’s so much that we share,’ ” he said. “Not on my watch, there isn’t.”

He said that, if NATO did not withdraw from “It’s a Small World,” he would instruct Florida state troopers to raid the ride and “seize your dolls.”

“It will not be a world of laughter,” he warned. “It will be a world of tears.”

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    The primaries are 6 months away, so a lot can happen...however:

DeSantis pointing to his fundraising isn't necessarily that meaningful in terms of the money itself. One only needs to go back two election cycles ago when Jeb Bush had $100 million banked and was the seeming-front runner before Trump announced. That DeSantis felt the need to point out how much money he had raised smacks of weakness and ineptitude: he should have only pointed out his fundraising figures if he was outraising Trump...thus far, he isn't. He's raising enough to remain a viable candidate but his sums raised vs. Trump mirror his poll numbers vs. Trump in that neither are close.

DeSantis isn't catching fire nor is Trump's poll support re: primary voters waning. DeSantis having his wife take a more prominent role in the campaign in terms of visibility and interviews isn't going to make DeSantis more likeable or appealing than he is to either those already inclined to support him or those who aren't. Casey DeSantis isn't going to seal the deal for her husband.

I'm really not seeing much DeSantis has done in terms of his culture war stuff that is going to peel off Trump supporters and all of that stuff will more likely than not alienate the sliver of independents DeSantis would need to prevail in a general election should DeSantis actually become the nominee.

It may well be true - as polls have indicated - that slight majorities of voters in both the Democratic and Republican parties would prefer a matchup other than Trump and Biden in 2024. Well, Biden apparently is already a lock. Trump currently has just under 50% support, with DeSantis still hovering at 20% and everyone else at 5% or under and none of Trump's opponents are catching fire. Should it end up being Biden vs. Trump in 2024 (and it looks like it very well may be) I think it's basically Biden's to lose.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Trump is bigger than the Republican Party at this point. Kennedy is a big wild card. Hell we could be nearing the end of both political parties. Populism is hot right now.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Trump is bigger than the Republican Party at this point. Kennedy is a big wild card. Hell we could be nearing the end of both political parties. Populism is hot right now.

2019 or so, I probably would have agreed with you that Trump was at the very least as big as the Republican Party.

Now, four years on from that? Were that the case [Trump] should be polling much higher than 50% among registered republican voters.

I don't think Kennedy is that much of a wild card, either.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is FAUX bailing on DeSanctimonious??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looks like Meatball Ron might be the Snotty Walker of 2024. All the corporatists pushed him hard early on because of his "success" in turning a state into an absolute right wing Hellscape. Then he opened his mouth and started talking on the national stage... and everybody realized what a fucking idiot he really was.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I can't imagine why Ron DeHindenburg doesn't connect with everyday plebeians, er, people! I mean inbred trailer trash hate trannies and gays, Ron hates fags too! Why can't he connect! He thinks slavery was a great trade vocational program for the blacks! He tells us how much he hates tolerant, er "WOKE" people! Why don't people like him?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Because Ron is backed by Republican establishment types like the Bush family. There’s an anti-establishment movement and Ron is a poor mascot.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    2019 or so, I probably would have agreed with you that Trump was at the very least as big as the Republican Party.

Now, four years on from that? Were that the case [Trump] should be polling much higher than 50% among registered republican voters.

Forget the polls. Look at the rally crowd numbers. You can say anything with statistics.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Forget the polls. Look at the rally crowd numbers. You can say anything with statistics.
    Then Trump isn't doing well...but that's a bogus metric, there is a dedicated about 30% of Americans that would pick up and hide the body for Trump after he shot someone on 5th Ave...

He's also at least $40 in the hole using campaign funds for his legal meltdowns...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Trump is really hurting. Theres nobody the Republicans can replace him with and if he wasn't doing well they wouldn't keep trying to tie him up with legal bullshit. How many bogus indictments are we going to have? What we have is an entrenched political machine with two fake opposites that don't want anyone who isn't part of the machine winning the Executive Branch. It can be a Democrat or a Republican. Doesn't matter. If you aren't part of the game you catch nonstop shit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

The indictments I've read aren't bogus at all - in fact the stolen papers one could hardly be more stonewall. The dummies he has working for him made a complete fucking mess of trying to obstruct justice even getting caught on the surveillance cameras failing to delete them.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah. Trump is really hurting. Theres nobody the Republicans can replace him with and if he wasn't doing well they wouldn't keep trying to tie him up with legal bullshit. How many bogus indictments are we going to have? What we have is an entrenched political machine with two fake opposites that don't want anyone who isn't part of the machine winning the Executive Branch. It can be a Democrat or a Republican. Doesn't matter. If you aren't part of the game you catch nonstop shit.
    He's doing well with the populist right of the Republican party, he ain't getting Independents...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

...How many bogus indictments are we going to have? .....
    Which ones? Specifically, why?

When I was in the military, we would have skinned someone for doing what he did...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

cnbc.com
    DeSantis replaces campaign manager as he scrambles to catch Trump
    Kevin Breuninger

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is replacing his presidential campaign manager as he struggles to close his polling gap with former President Donald Trump and faces growing concerns from top donors.

Generra Peck, who was instrumental to DeSantis’ sweeping gubernatorial reelection last year but has come under fire as the head of his White House bid, is being replaced by James Uthmeier, who was chief of staff for the governor’s office.

Political strategist David Polyansky, who was working for the pro-DeSantis super political action committee Never Back Down, is being hired as Uthmeier’s deputy campaign manager, the campaign confirmed Tuesday.

Peck will remain as DeSantis’ chief campaign strategist, according to The Messenger, which first reported on the change in management.

Uthmeier has no prior experience running a political campaign. He had been in the chief of staff role for just over a year, according to his LinkedIn page.

The top-down shakeup comes after DeSantis’ 10-week-old campaign has fired dozens of staffers in what has become a protracted campaign reboot reportedly prompted in part by money concerns.
    CNBC Politics

“James Uthmeier has been one of Governor DeSantis’ top advisors for years and he is needed where it matters most: working hand in hand with Generra Peck and the rest of the team to put the governor in the best possible position to win this primary and defeat Joe Biden,” communications director Andrew Romeo said in a statement to CNBC.

“David Polyansky will also be a critical addition to the team given his presidential campaign experience in Iowa and work at Never Back Down,” Romeo said. “We are excited about these additions as we continue to spread the governor’s message across the country. It’s time to reverse our nation’s decline and revive America’s future.”

Uthmeier will take the reins just weeks before the first Republican presidential debate, which is set for Aug. 23 in Milwaukee. Many of the candidates have homed in on the debates as a critical opportunity to crack through to the top of the primary field, which has so far been dominated by Trump.

The former president has signaled he is leaning toward skipping the debates.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The more I see of DeSantis ignoring politics I'm kind of puzzled that someone who so badly fails the test of 'would you like to have a beer with this guy' has got so far. Then I remember Ted Cruz. Forget president I don't understand how they got party nominations for state governor.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-08-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Maybe this propaganda film from 1942 will help:

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's a fucking moron but popular among people under 30 who look up to Joe Rogan...

21. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-09-2023)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'll give Kennedy credit for at least having the gumption to go on podcasts, rather than merely delivering a series of rehearsed speeches and doing a bunch of handshaking/selfies. If only because with a podcast there's a chance you can have a candidate expound upon a topic longer than a soundbite and provide answers longer than bumper sticker length slogans.

But, yeah, beyond that I've got no use for Kennedy.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The more I see of DeSantis ignoring politics I'm kind of puzzled that someone who so badly fails the test of 'would you like to have a beer with this guy' has got so far. Then I remember Ted Cruz. Forget president I don't understand how they got party nominations for state governor.
    DeSantis got carried by Trump in 2018, and even then [DeSantis] just barely managed to win...by less than a percentage point.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll give Kennedy credit for at least having the gumption to go on podcasts, rather than merely delivering a series of rehearsed speeches and doing a bunch of handshaking/selfies. If only because with a podcast there's a chance you can have a candidate expound upon a topic longer than a soundbite and provide answers longer than bumper sticker length slogans.
    Does he really have a choice?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bobby knows how podcasts & talk radio work, because that's what he did for a living before he lost his mind. He used to be part of "Ring of Fire" radio which was the weekend show on the old Air America network & the Progressive Voices internet stream which succeeded it. If I remember, he left the show after a while, due to "creative differences". Don't remember if his anti-vax views were a factor, but the main reason was that he backed Hillary in 2008, while the other hosts backed Obama. Guess that might have been the first sign he was mentally "slipping"?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Meatball Ron's debate notes leaked:

On Thursday, key details about how he might approach the crucial debate were revealed in a report from The New York Times about a trove of documents posted online by a political consulting firm associated with Never Back Down, the super political action committee that has in many ways taken over his campaign.

The advice on display, which included potential attack lines and debate tactics, could be somewhat condescending — reminding DeSantis, for example, that he should be “showing emotion” when discussing his wife and children. Other parts were perhaps too revealing: suggesting that the governor attack entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, who has been gaining on him in the polls but had otherwise not been widely seen as a candidate on DeSantis’ level.

The disclosure of the documents seemed to leave DeSantis in something of a no-win situation. Follow the advice too closely, and he risks walking into a political buzz saw, with his rivals painting him as overly rehearsed, inauthentic or beholden to political consultants. Ignoring it may be the likelier route — but could also leave DeSantis open to criticisms that he failed to meet expectations, for instance, by not taking down Ramaswamy.
    Yes Ron, "show emotion" and share chestnuts like how you took one for the team and heroically picked your kids up from school as your wife battled cancer you fucking prince you!...

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-unfo...141939528.html
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-19-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thread Information