Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: This Fuckin' Kid

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I just wonder how Wolf reacts when his 3rd record fails to have a hit.

Also, as he loses control of the VH narrative and stuff he doesn't want to happen begins to happen anyway. I can not imagine his entitled ass taking that well. How will tubby implode
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What even is the definition of a hit today? You have an album that hits #25 or #32 or whatever on the chart in its first week out, then likely falls down the chart.

how many people? How many people hear it or choose to listen to it on streaming?

I am saying this as someone who has never - NEVER - even heard the supposed biggest act on the planet, Taylor Swift, and I am sure like many people over a certain age, don't have a damn clue what kind of music she plays. I remember working on a factory production line in the 80s, and the radio played all day every day. You heard all the hits over and over a thousand times. Multiply that across every factory and workplace, et etc, and it absolutely kills the so-called 'listening' that is attributed to streaming numbers. On youtube, you hover over a video now and it counts as a play. 15 seconds on Tik Tok, one play. The engagement with the music is nowhere near what it was before the era of streaming.

Rick Beato recently had a few videos where he discussed these things with some other former music business guy in A&R and production with Geffen and he called Taylor Swift the biggest cult act in the world, of all time, and that is because she may sell a bazillion concert tickets (although her accumulated record sales including the streaming equivalents is still less than an act like Van Halen, who are not even in the Top 50 of all time, if I recall - Sesh posted some graphic with sales figures recently), but the vast majority of the population do not know or have not heard her music. I know what she looks like.

There are structural reasons for all that, the music business and the media communications industries have been changed so much that the idea of a mass audience - in the true meaning of mass - no longer pertains. There is too much media fragmentation for even someone like Taylor Swift to cut through to the population in general, so where does that leave a Wolfgang, whose records probably sell in the low thousands?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (04-02-2024)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

A quick look on Spotify shows his new album has about 11 million listens the first one maybe a bit more than 3 times that.

Earnings from streaming on Spotify would be something like $200k. Spotify aren't the only game in town and once he adds Amazon, YouTube Apple and the rest that should reach about $500k.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So, if the formula is 1500 streaming plays is equivalen to 1 album sale, those 11 million listens equal less that Eight thousand equivalent sales?

Or do I have it all wrong?

Whatever, as I was saying, back in the 80s, a song like Jump would have been heard gazillions of times, not just by those choosing to listen to it, but as it was pumping out of radios non-stop for months at the time it was a hit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You get about $5k for 1 million streams. A ten song album played equally would be $500 for the album being played all the way through 100 000 times.

Say in the olden times each person who bought your album listened to it 20 times. That would mean 100 000 streams = 5 000 album sales which would have been 5000 x $10 but you only made 10% as the artist so also $5000?

Have I made a mistake on the math there?

I guess it misses that $10 an album was a long time ago now so ignores inflation, no earning from singles and did we really listen to albums we bought 20 times each on average? Also the $5k per million is the total earnings so from that WVH still has to pay record company, manager and so on.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-01-2024 at 07:03 PM.

7. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

VHscraps (04-01-2024)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In some ways it is a bizarre situation. In addition to maybe listening to old albums over and over, a person usually also laid down actual cash for the album. So, before they even listened to it, they had - by modern methods of calculating - already done the equivalent of 1500 streams of the songs on the album ...

But it is difficult to compare - did we listen to the albums we bought 20 times each on average? ... I don't know. Yeah, plenty of albums I bought might not even have got played all the way through once. But I do know that the albums I really liked I have sometimes listened to thousands of times.

Until I recently got shot of my old car that had a CD player, I would typically have a CD in the player and it would play on repeat - sometimes multiple times during a single trip, most days of the week - until I decided to change it. Some albums stayed in there for a year or more, never changed, and on repeated play during trips. Some of those would have been played thousands of times.

So, you've got what counts as a sale based on contemporary metrics on the one hand, and on the other all those old ways of listening after purchase that were never tracked or counted and so on - plus the passive listening that was not counted.

It's like before the introduction of the platinum album in the mid-70s, and then multi-platinum awards, no one before that ever achieved more than a gold record, but may have sold many, many millions that were never truly accounted for.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    In some ways it is a bizarre situation. In addition to maybe listening to old albums over and over, a person usually also laid down actual cash for the album. So, before they even listened to it, they had - by modern methods of calculating - already done the equivalent of 1500 streams of the songs on the album ...

But it is difficult to compare - did we listen to the albums we bought 20 times each on average? ... I don't know. Yeah, plenty of albums I bought might not even have got played all the way through once. But I do know that the albums I really liked I have sometimes listened to thousands of times.

Until I recently got shot of my old car that had a CD player, I would typically have a CD in the player and it would play on repeat - sometimes multiple times during a single trip, most days of the week - until I decided to change it. Some albums stayed in there for a year or more, never changed, and on repeated play during trips. Some of those would have been played thousands of times.

So, you've got what counts as a sale based on contemporary metrics on the one hand, and on the other all those old ways of listening after purchase that were never tracked or counted and so on - plus the passive listening that was not counted.

It's like before the introduction of the platinum album in the mid-70s, and then multi-platinum awards, no one before that ever achieved more than a gold record, but may have sold many, many millions that were never truly accounted for.
    I don't think it can be underestimated how lucky Van Halen were with their timing though. There were a lot of complaints which are completely correct about the shitty horrible record deal they signed but I've never heard them say anything about how they must have massively benefited from the introduction of CDs at the almost perfect time for them. How many people bought their albums twice once on vinyl and then again on CD? Particularly the 2 biggies VH1 and 1984.

Van Halen 1 sold around a million early on but it took to 1996 before it reached 10 million Diamond status. I think a significant amount of that was people buying it twice. It certainly wasn't anything to do with the 10 years of them not playing it live with Hagar.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-01-2024 at 08:42 PM.

10. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (04-02-2024)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Also I should repeat why are we citing sales as anything to do with quality - I blame Hagar completely for this. Usually rock fans would never get drawn into this his insecure lies have pulled us down to his level.

Celine Dion has sold 5 times as many albums as Van Halen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Saw all those bands and the southern fried bands always had the stars and bars on stage. Nobody gave a damn in the 70ís and 80ís but today the Karenís would have a shit fit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Fair warning was a weak selling album and itís one of my favorites. Big pop divas were always a record sales powerhouse. Why do you think Sammy was trying so hard to be one. He was way ahead of this transgender thing.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 1,997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    I just wonder how Wolf reacts when his 3rd record fails to have a hit.

Also, as he loses control of the VH narrative and stuff he doesn't want to happen begins to happen anyway. I can not imagine his entitled ass taking that well. How will tubby implode
    I'm hoping he explodes, as opposed to implodes.

As long as these idiot bands like Metallica and whoever else, keep propping this dope up by handing him an opening slot, he'll probably be okay. But as soon as he has to support all that flab on his own two feet, it will be over for him.

This dudes music is beyond lame. Beyond boring. His last name is the only thing getting him what little attention he's still getting. His candle is burning super quick at this point.

That wife of his better have a kid or two really soon so she can divorce his fat smelly ass as soon as possible.

15. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Never was (04-02-2024),Nickdfresh (04-02-2024),Nitro Express (04-02-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Iím predicting Wolf will become a bigger social media basket case than his mother is. He will be the classic case of the unhappy trust fund kid before he becomes another American obesity statistic. Mrs. Wolf will end up with the money and enjoy it with her next husband.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Itís hard to get pregnant when your husband is the Michelin Man.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Itís hard to watch so much of the VH legacy get inherited by such a thankless glob of lameness. I wish Janie was the first wife. Funny how much Ed improved when he got a new woman. He was a miserable fuck with Valerie. How come Alís kids turned out so much better than Wolfie? Shit if I was married to that whack job actress I would crawl into the bottle as well.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts

I saw Wolfgang showing Chris Shifflet from the Foo Fighters how he taps on his ďShred with ShiftyĒ podcast. So much for blazing his own trail. Itís more like he picked up the ball and ran in the wrong direction with it.

20. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (04-02-2024),Rikk (04-02-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yeah well You Tube is full of people who can write mediocre songs and people who can play like Eddie as good as someone who isnít Eddie can. None of these people are somebody you want to look at on stage. Yeah, and was creative and could play but there was a major cool factor about him. You wanted to see him on stage.

You have to have the cool factor or you are sunk. Wolfgang is incredibly lame. Would anyone give a fuck about Taylor Swift if she was all fat and sloppy and had no charisma?

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (04-02-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Anyways Iím tired of the fat fuck. Heís a product of Howdy Doody Mountain which was Dave Rothís way of saying the land of lame fucks. Val bagged a rockstar and ruined him. Wolf sadly is the result of that fuck up. Ed should have ran but he was smitten a Hollywood actress wanted his cock.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Yeah well You Tube is full of people who can write mediocre songs and people who can play like Eddie as good as someone who isnít Eddie can. None of these people are somebody you want to look at on stage. Yeah, and was creative and could play but there was a major cool factor about him. You wanted to see him on stage.
    Totally true. All of these guys who sprung up on YouTube, no matter what the age, though theyíre mostly young, are as boring as fuck to watch sitting in their bedroom home studios. Then they look like theyíre about to shit their pants when they play live.

When I see those recently cleaned up videos of Ed from Ď78 going into these crazy body movements and shim shams while banging out his solos, both my eyes and ears are mesmerized! This new kid from Italy, whose name forever escapes me, is frightfully boring to watch. He makes me not care that heís sitting on a unique right hand three finger picking technique.

25. 3 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-02-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024),ZahZoo (04-05-2024)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

I guess it misses that $10 an album was a long time ago now so ignores inflation, no earning from singles and did we really listen to albums we bought 20 times each on average? Also the $5k per million is the total earnings so from that WVH still has to pay record company, manager and so on.
    Maybe beside your point, but I recall buying CD's on a military installation where prices were supposed to be cheaper and paying at least $15 a CD in the early 1990's. I've never had any sympathy for the cunts that ran the record industry and charged probably a markup of 20X the cost of burning a fucking CD before everyone could do it on their desktop.

Who was it, "Big train" that used to post here claiming to be a former WB A&R guy? They can piss and moan about Napster and iTunes or whatever, but they slit there own throats in the late 80's and early 90's and created that whole cheap or largely free download market...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-02-2024 at 04:37 PM.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, Sesh, I wouldn't equate sales with quality - some of my favourtie albums sold shit. I am just questioning the idea that Wolfgang having a record that hits #26 or whatever on the charts actually means anything now.

I can't post images but I have a very interesting clipping from Billboard, December 1984 about VH's 1984 album that says that the album had sold 8 million worldwide by December '84 - it wasn't released on CD in 1984, it was vinyl and tape only. There weren't actually many CDs released in the first few years of the new format.

I think you are right that the overall sales figures have been boosted by people buying the records two and three times, but that also applies to all 70s and pre-CD early 80s acts who were still active and high profile into the CD era.

If anything, I think the sales of those two Diamond albums are probably under-reported / under-estimated (however the streaming data is folded into those estimated total sales figures these days). I think all the VH certifications are more than 20 years old, so somebody doesn't want to have the sales audited.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 1,997 Posts

https://flip.it/DyBkdA

Crazy bitch.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is there no beginning to her talent?

30. 4 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (04-03-2024),Terry (04-02-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024),ZahZoo (04-05-2024)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    No, Sesh, I wouldn't equate sales with quality - some of my favourtie albums sold shit. I am just questioning the idea that Wolfgang having a record that hits #26 or whatever on the charts actually means anything now.

I can't post images but I have a very interesting clipping from Billboard, December 1984 about VH's 1984 album that says that the album had sold 8 million worldwide by December '84 - it wasn't released on CD in 1984, it was vinyl and tape only. There weren't actually many CDs released in the first few years of the new format.

I think you are right that the overall sales figures have been boosted by people buying the records two and three times, but that also applies to all 70s and pre-CD early 80s acts who were still active and high profile into the CD era.

If anything, I think the sales of those two Diamond albums are probably under-reported / under-estimated (however the streaming data is folded into those estimated total sales figures these days). I think all the VH certifications are more than 20 years old, so somebody doesn't want to have the sales audited.
    RE the debut album according to Wikki which cites RIAA as the source -

On August 7, 1996, Van Halen was re-certified by the RIAA for selling ten million copies in the United States alone.[44] One of only seven rock bands to release two RIAA Diamond status albums, Van Halen remains one of Van Halen's two best-selling albums, along with 1984.

Van Halen went to Gold status on May 24, 1978, and then went to Platinum status just a few months later, on October 10, 1978. In less than a year the album sold more than one million copies in the US alone, meaning that the album was already a great success. On October 22, 1984, the album went to 5◊ Multi-Platinum status. The album went to 6x Multi-Platinum on February 1, 1989, and then went to 7◊ Multi-Platinum on September 29, 1993. In less than a year later, on July 11, 1994, the album went to 8x Multi-Platinum, and finally, on August 7, 1996, just two years later, the album went to Diamond status by RIAA.[11]

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Crazy bitch.
    She referred to the trolls that upset her no less than three times in four minutes. Someone else has that same problem but I just canít remember who it was.

33. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (04-03-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I don't think it can be underestimated how lucky Van Halen were with their timing though. There were a lot of complaints which are completely correct about the shitty horrible record deal they signed but I've never heard them say anything about how they must have massively benefited from the introduction of CDs at the almost perfect time for them. How many people bought their albums twice once on vinyl and then again on CD? Particularly the 2 biggies VH1 and 1984.

Van Halen 1 sold around a million early on but it took to 1996 before it reached 10 million Diamond status. I think a significant amount of that was people buying it twice. It certainly wasn't anything to do with the 10 years of them not playing it live with Hagar.
    All of that I'd imagine is true, if only by my own experience with the CVH catalog over the decades, where I first had the records on vinyl, then cassette and finally CD...and even with the CD's some of those titles I've purchased twice in that format alone.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    Totally true. All of these guys who sprung up on YouTube, no matter what the age, though theyíre mostly young, are as boring as fuck to watch sitting in their bedroom home studios. Then they look like theyíre about to shit their pants when they play live.

When I see those recently cleaned up videos of Ed from Ď78 going into these crazy body movements and shim shams while banging out his solos, both my eyes and ears are mesmerized! This new kid from Italy, whose name forever escapes me, is frightfully boring to watch. He makes me not care that heís sitting on a unique right hand three finger picking technique.
    I know a guy who organizes big parties and he has had bands actually cancel because they are scared to perform live. You will never learn the craft of entertaining sitting in your basement playing through your audio interface. Thatís like learning about sex by masturbating to internet porn.

36. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (04-02-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wolfgang never earned his entertainer merit badge. Heís a basement wanker but he has his dadís studio to wank in but itís the same thing.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    She referred to the trolls that upset her no less than three times in four minutes. Someone else has that same problem but I just canít remember who it was.

39. 5 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (04-02-2024),Nitro Express (04-03-2024),Rikk (04-03-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024),ZahZoo (04-05-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ed was not a natural entertainer. He admitted himself he would just stand there and play and Alex would throw drumsticks at him telling him to get his ass moving. Getting Roth in the band helped in that element but Eddie put the effort in and became one of the coolest stage stormers ever. Mike said Van Halen hired a choreographer to help them with their stage presentation and they would film the shows to see how they could improve. This is called being in the game and being a pro. Now you fuckin kid, time to get serious if you want to stay in the game.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 487 Posts

She is a nutjob. And she goes on about "trolls"...I guess she and her 500 lb. son follow the same attitude of viewing anybody who dares disagree them online as "trolls."

42. 2 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (04-03-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

She has a sort of speech in the middle of her eating (a lot), telling people to vote. And that's true. I don't disagree. BUT...where the fuck did that come from? (My mom always told me not to talk with my mouth full...but I guess that's just not possible for Valerie or Wolfcunt...if they followed that, they would never talk.)

And what happened exactly...? They're talking about it "already bitching backstage."

44. Thanked Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (04-03-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Howdy-Doody Fat Gang

Seriously...do Val or her son really think the world needs a book telling us that they "indulge"?

Does anyone else think it's really inappropriate to have her preach to us that people need to "indulge" more?

MeatWolf must be approaching 500 POUNDS!!! And this crazy cow is preaching about "the body needs nutrition" and "there's nothing wrong with indulging"!!!

Jesus Christ, the fat son is just a few years past 30...and there's no way he doesn't already have early heart disease!!

I was just watching some Van Halen live footage from 2012...and MeatWolf wasn't exactly Karen Carpenter...but he looked...okay. Comparing his weight from where he was a decade ago to where he is now...
    It is literally difficult to actually look at Wolfgang!! He just looks so gross, so huge... I know I sound mean, but it's fucking disgusting!!!
    Last edited by Rikk; 04-03-2024 at 05:13 AM.

46. 2 users say thank you to Rikk for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (04-03-2024),ZahZoo (04-05-2024)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    She is a nutjob. And she goes on about "trolls"...I guess she and her 500 lb. son follow the same attitude of viewing anybody who dares disagree them online as "trolls."
    I think sheís more nutty than Ed was. Ed once he cleaned up and got off the ethanol and chemicals seemed fine.

48. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Rikk (04-03-2024),Von Halen (04-03-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ed was not a natural entertainer. He admitted himself he would just stand there and play and Alex would throw drumsticks at him telling him to get his ass moving. Getting Roth in the band helped in that element but Eddie put the effort in and became one of the coolest stage stormers ever. Mike said Van Halen hired a choreographer to help them with their stage presentation and they would film the shows to see how they could improve. This is called being in the game and being a pro. Now you fuckin kid, time to get serious if you want to stay in the game.
    I hear ya...but WolfGangbang probably just sees this as another thing to resent about being in show business.

He probably thinks his complete lack of a stage persona is some sort of badge of honor.

I was watching some footage of WolfGangbang performing live...and he just sort of stood there...like a big lump of poop on the stage. One of the only times he moved was to lift his big, fat leg onto a guitar pedal to switch on an effect.

He has the charisma of a large black sweat rag.

Another thing WolfGangbang doesn't get is:
    He doesn't have great songs. If you're going to be in the business and don't put the real work into writing great songs, you need something else dynamic about your stage presentation.

He's so entitled (his shit doesn't stink), he probably thinks every generic rock track he writes in 5150, recording instrument-by-instrument, is as great as any song on FAIR WARNING or ELECTRIC LADYLAND...or even OK COMPUTER or SUPERUNKNOWN.

SO...because he's already convinced that he's as talented and creative as his father (he might even think he's more talented because his dad didn't write the vocals), he doesn't need to do anything about his stage persona or his image.

I wonder what WolfGangbang thinks about his 2nd album only reaching #29. Does it bother him? Who is he going to blame for this? Whose fault is it? (I bet, in his mind, it's somehow Dave's fault...or somehow Alex's fault...he's probably one of those guys who takes all the credit when something good happens...but when it doesn't go well, he finds someone to blame.)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    She has a sort of speech in the middle of her eating (a lot), telling people to vote. And that's true. I don't disagree. BUT...where the fuck did that come from? (My mom always told me not to talk with my mouth full...but I guess that's just not possible for Valerie or Wolfcunt...if they followed that, they would never talk.)

And what happened exactly...? They're talking about it "already bitching backstage."
    I think we are seeing the reason Ed crawled into the bottle so much. Can you imagine being married to her? Ed should have divorced her before she got pregnant with Wolfie.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No pro is going to get on social media and insult and fight with fans. You go on social media to promote your band and thank the fans for supporting you. But like mother like son. Only a fool spills their soul on social media.

52. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (04-03-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think sheís more nutty than Ed was. Ed once he cleaned up and got off the ethanol and chemicals seemed fine.
    Yes. And Ed had a sweetness about him when he wasn't drunk...and when he wasn't bitter.

If you read Ed's 2015 interview about Van Halen's "hopefully long" future, there was a sweetness in his words. He talked about Dave being "incredibly funny" and how they could sometimes just finish each other's sentences because they'd known each other for so long. He was truly excited about there finally being a live album with Dave (yes, some of you don't like TOKYO DOME...but I fucking really enjoy it...listened to it again yesterday while I was making dinner). He was excited about finally releasing some unreleased music from the band's archives...and excitedly talking about tons of footage (even 8mm film footage of Alex & Eddie playing music with their dad more than 50 years before). In 2015, Van Halen was an ongoing project/endeavor for Eddie...he still had a "sky's the limit" attitude, excitedly talking about "the next album" with Dave (and MeatWolf).

You listen to Val talk...she just talks quickly and rambles on and on about herself...and her need to "indulge"...just me, me, me, me, me.

When Eddie was sober and not in a bitter state, he could be very likeable...and he would actually talk nicely about fans and the other band members (not just himself). Eddie was SO talented...but he really wasn't constantly full of himself in 2015 (unlike 1996-1999).

Wolfgang certainly seems to have learned what kind of a person he wants to be from his mom...NOT his dad.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ed was dealing with several health problems. The problems and the medications can affect a person in a bad way. Liver problems can chemically change a person where they develop some personality disorders. But yeah the people who knew Ed said he was a great guy.

55. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (04-03-2024),Rikk (04-03-2024)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think we are seeing the reason Ed crawled into the bottle so much. Can you imagine being married to her? Ed should have divorced her before she got pregnant with Wolfie.
    Absolutely. People like to say that the alcoholic has "no one to blame but themselves," and maybe there is some truth in that. But people who are happy and/or feel good about themselves don't seek solace in a bottle.

To answer your question: FUCK NO, I cannot imagine being married to a woman like that. I dated a lot of different girls before I met my wife and decided (pretty quickly) that I wanted to marry her (though I still took my time with courtship because people should always take their time and be sure). Eddie was blinded by the fact that a Hollywood T.V. star was into him. He jumped in, headfirst, married her super-quickly. (Dave was apparently watching from the sidelines, confused...Dave apparently did NOT understand why Eddie was so starstruck.)

And then, Eddie was in a relationship with a totally self-absorbed Hollywood girl who was used to everyone paying attention to her. I bet she railroaded Eddie in that marriage.

VH fans never really consider why it was so important for Eddie to build that studio in his own backyard. YES, he wanted "musical control"...a place in which he could immediately work on his ideas, like a laboratory. BUT...he also wanted a place to go hide. (He said once that he feels like the house is Valerie's...she makes all the decisions about what they put in the house. But the studio was Ed's...and he was always escaping there...recording all night...even sleeping there.)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

People in bad marriages often drink to escape the pain.

My oldest friend did that. His wife was a fucking cunt...always bossing him around...constantly being narcissistic...trying to keep him from his own parents and making them spend so much time with her family (sound familiar?). My buddy became a serious alcoholic. It got bad. He's my oldest friend...I love this guy. And I was so fucking worried.

Guess when he quit drinking? (It's not a hard answer to guess.)

Thread Information