Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: Baltimore bridge collapse conspiracies EXPLODE

  1. #1
    Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    58,742
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,396
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts


    Rep Power
    144

    Baltimore bridge collapse conspiracies EXPLODE

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    58,742
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,396
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts


    Rep Power
    144

  3. #3
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Biden says the federal government will pay for the bridge replacement. Shouldn't the ship owner and/or their insurance be covering it?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #4
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Von Halen's Avatar
    Member No
    15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Location
    Washington Twp., MI
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,600
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,182
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Biden says the federal government will pay for the bridge replacement. Shouldn't the ship owner and/or their insurance be covering it?
    He thinks he's talking about the London Bridge that's falling down.

    It's the liberal way to just throw money out the window without making anyone accountable.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  5. #5
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Biden said he rode a train across that bridge, too.

    That bridge didn't have any train tracks...

  6. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

    Von Halen (03-28-2024),ZahZoo (04-01-2024)


  7. #6
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    35,134
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,825
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    He said

    At about 1:30, a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which I've been over many, many times commuting from the state of Delaware either on a train or by car. I've been to Baltimore Harbor many times.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  8. #7
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    He thinks he's talking about the London Bridge that's falling down.

    It's the liberal way to just throw money out the window without making anyone accountable.
    Um, without checking I think Baltimore Harbor is historically one of the main US ports for offloading cargo and an extended shutdown could lead to "supply chain" issues so cuntservative morons will start crying about "inflation". Also, I love the reverse-NIMBY tone, if this happened in Detroit or Michigan, I'm pretty sure you'd be fine with federal gov't aid baiiing you out...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  9. #8
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Biden said he rode a train across that bridge, too.

    That bridge didn't have any train tracks...
    Jesus, what assholes do you pull this stuff out of?

  10. #9
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Here simpleton retards with the "liberals love throwing money away!" dumbfuckery:

    ĎA Lot of Chaosí: Bridge Collapse Creates Upheaval at Largest U.S. Port for Car Trade
    A bridge collapse closed the cityís port, an important trade hub that ranks first in the nation by the volume of automobiles and light trucks it handles.


    By Peter Eavis and Jenny Gross
    March 26, 2024

    The Baltimore bridge disaster on Tuesday upended operations at one of the nationís busiest ports, with disruptions likely to be felt for weeks by companies shipping goods in and out of the country ó and possibly by consumers as well.

    The upheaval will be especially notable for auto makers and coal producers for whom Baltimore has become one of the most vital shipping destinations in the United States.

    As officials began to investigate why a nearly 1,000-foot cargo ship ran into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in the middle of the night, companies that transport goods to suppliers and stores scrambled to get trucks to the other East Coast ports receiving goods diverted from Baltimore. Ships sat idle elsewhere, unsure where and when to dock.

    ďItís going to cause a lot of chaos,Ē said Paul Brashier, vice president for drayage and intermodal at ITS Logistics.
    ...


    FULL NY TIMES HERE

  11. #10
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Von Halen's Avatar
    Member No
    15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Location
    Washington Twp., MI
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,600
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,182
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Jesus, what assholes do you pull this stuff out of?
    Your brain dead hero President Bidet. He said it. FACT!

  12. #11
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Here simpleton retards with the "liberals love throwing money away!" dumbfuckery:

    FULL NY TIMES HERE

    Plenty of Euro car imports come through there. I know that when DaimlerChrysler offered the unsold Crossfires to employees and retirees, there were 5,000 or so sitting on the dock in Baltimore. VAG junk comes through that port. John Deere supposedly ships out of that port. Gonna be a mess for a while, just as things were getting back to normal.

    Plain Dealer ran an article about shipments being diverted to the port of Cleveland but those boats are too big to get here through the locks.

  13. #12
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Your brain dead hero President Bidet. He said it. FACT!
    Um no clearly a deliberate misquote. Yes Biden is too old but so are the other two old assholes, Biden is simply the least objectionable...

  14. #13
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Plenty of Euro car imports come through there. I know that when DaimlerChrysler offered the unsold Crossfires to employees and retirees, there were 5,000 or so sitting on the dock in Baltimore. VAG junk comes through that port. John Deere supposedly ships out of that port. Gonna be a mess for a while, just as things were getting back to normal.

    Plain Dealer ran an article about shipments being diverted to the port of Cleveland but those boats are too big to get here through the locks.
    My left nut would explode with joy if shipping came through the Great Lakes, but yeah unlikely. But the barge POS that took out the bridge wasn't all that big...

  15. #14
    Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    58,742
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,396
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts


    Rep Power
    144

  16. #15
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    My left nut would explode with joy if shipping came through the Great Lakes, but yeah unlikely. But the barge POS that took out the bridge wasn't all that big...
    I saw that later. I think the biggest thing we get here in port are 700 footers.

  17. #16
    Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    58,742
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,396
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts


    Rep Power
    144

  18. #17
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    The harbor pilot sucked at their job. Thatís what you get for drinking Cabo Wabo tequila. It makes you suck.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  19. #18
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    I blame Sammy Hagar for it.

  20. #19
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Run a "free scrap!" ad on Craigs and FB marketplace and the tweakers will have that bridge cleaned up in a week!

  21. #20
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    They would if the bridge was made of copper and catalytic converters.

  22. #21
    Foot Soldier
    Never was's Avatar
    Member No
    28556
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    626
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 312 Times in 202 Posts


    Rep Power
    15
    Everything is a fucking conspiracy especially now that in the age of Trump so much weird shit is normalized.

    The links is littered with MAGA folks so everything is deep state and anyone disagreeing is just a liberal media sheep. Like everything, one idiot lectured me about a VA politician etc... the person he was ranting on actually my neighbor for a decade who I'm friends with. Idiot just kept pilling newsmax and justnews quotes, as I had no idea what I was talking about. They are like talking to a wall
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  23. Thanked Never was for this KICKASS post:

    Rikk (04-01-2024)


  24. #22
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Everything is a fucking conspiracy especially now that in the age of Trump so much weird shit is normalized.
    All the amateur epidemiologists are now structural engineers...

  25. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

    Never was (03-30-2024),Terry (03-30-2024)


  26. #23
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    11,948
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    4,612
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    All the amateur epidemiologists are now structural engineers...
    Just when you thought the 9/11 Truther structural engineers were going to fade away from a lack of having anything to do...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  27. #24
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Everything is a fucking conspiracy especially now that in the age of Trump so much weird shit is normalized.

    The links is littered with MAGA folks so everything is deep state and anyone disagreeing is just a liberal media sheep. Like everything, one idiot lectured me about a VA politician etc... the person he was ranting on actually my neighbor for a decade who I'm friends with. Idiot just kept pilling newsmax and justnews quotes, as I had no idea what I was talking about. They are like talking to a wall
    Itís always been there. Itís more visible now because of the internet. Covering conspiracies can be very lucrative. Itís what Coast to Coast AM was built on. Many profitable tabloids were built on it. Now we have podcasters and YouTubers trying to get a piece of the pie. Alex Jones was a huge success because he got in the game real early. He came from public access in Texas and grew when the internet popped and 9/11 happened.

    Glenn Beck has done really well selling fear porn. Itís business and you keep selling the fear. The you sell merchandise to protect people from what the fear caused. People who are good at it make a fortune.

    On the left side of the spectrum you have the New Age/UFO thing.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-30-2024 at 08:38 PM.

  28. #25
    formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,199
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Just when you thought the 9/11 Truther structural engineers were going to fade away from a lack of having anything to do...
    I have seen comments elsewhere (hopefully jokingly) saying "ship fuel can't melt steel beams!"

  29. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

    Terry (03-30-2024)


  30. #26
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    Everyone should go out and buy a flame thrower because it happened. Oh and try our keto friendly survival meals.

  31. #27
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    You can say Shit Happens but you make no money doing that.

  32. #28
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    People should be fucking scared of carbs. Carbs kill more Americans than terrorists do. Then you have all these fat asses like Alex Jones saying they are going to save you.

  33. #29
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    11,948
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    4,612
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55
    I think it's like Nitro says, in that the conspiracy mindset has always been there.

    At least if one thinks there are conspiracies behind how everything works, that assumes that somebody somewhere is exerting control over stuff. This mindset is probably more comforting than the belief that - as Nitro says - shit merely happens. I mean, it's probably more comforting to think the bridge was intentionally rammed for whatever Illuminati purpose than it being a case of the crew losing control of the ship...that the automated functions on the ship shut down and the vessel at that point was unable to be stopped on a dime and the bridge itself was built before the 1980's when bridges began to be built with structural barriers strategically placed at stress points.

    Someone popped out of a rabbit hole literally within an hour of the event happening and said the bridge was demolished on purpose to wreck the minority community of Baltimore, as if that city hasn't been going down the tubes for decades already.

    But people believe this stuff...if a comment gets millions of likes online then people assume whomever made the comment must know what they're talking about as opposed to considering that maybe, you know, there are just millions of total fucking idiots out there.

  34. #30
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    35,134
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,825
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts


    Rep Power
    10

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    People should be fucking scared of carbs. Carbs kill more Americans than terrorists do. Then you have all these fat asses like Alex Jones saying they are going to save you.
    I think the figures for the USA last year were -

    Deaths from terrorism 16
    Deaths from obesity 300 000.

  35. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

    Rikk (04-01-2024)


  36. #31
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I think it's like Nitro says, in that the conspiracy mindset has always been there.

    At least if one thinks there are conspiracies behind how everything works, that assumes that somebody somewhere is exerting control over stuff. This mindset is probably more comforting than the belief that - as Nitro says - shit merely happens. I mean, it's probably more comforting to think the bridge was intentionally rammed for whatever Illuminati purpose than it being a case of the crew losing control of the ship...that the automated functions on the ship shut down and the vessel at that point was unable to be stopped on a dime and the bridge itself was built before the 1980's when bridges began to be built with structural barriers strategically placed at stress points.

    Someone popped out of a rabbit hole literally within an hour of the event happening and said the bridge was demolished on purpose to wreck the minority community of Baltimore, as if that city hasn't been going down the tubes for decades already.

    But people believe this stuff...if a comment gets millions of likes online then people assume whomever made the comment must know what they're talking about as opposed to considering that maybe, you know, there are just millions of total fucking idiots out there.
    I always enjoyed listening to Art Bell on a long night drive. Sometimes conspiracy shit is entertaining but I think Art saw his show as entertainment. Letís get some of these fruitcakes on the show and let them run. Anyways people are so uptight now they canít laugh shit off. Itís because they are on the internet too much letting all the bullshit on it get to them. Iím so glad smart phones and social media didnít exist when I was young. I had a blast and that shit would have ruined everything.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-30-2024 at 10:58 PM.

  37. #32
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116

  38. #33
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Von Halen's Avatar
    Member No
    15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Location
    Washington Twp., MI
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,600
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,182
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think the figures for the USA last year were -

    Deaths from terrorism 16
    Deaths from obesity 300 000.
    And more deaths from impaired drivers than guns.

  39. #34
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I saw that later. I think the biggest thing we get here in port are 700 footers.
    We still get a few major freighters here, but the St. Lawrence Seaway fucked the US Northeast Great Lakes area...

  40. #35
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    And more deaths from impaired drivers than guns.
    Overview
    Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes ó that's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths ó a 14% increase from 2020. These deaths were all preventable.
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/...%20from%202020.

    How many people die from gun-related injuries in the U.S. each year?
    In 2021, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 48,830 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. That figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC: those that were accidental, those that involved law enforcement and those whose circumstances could not be determined. The total excludes deaths in which gunshot injuries played a contributing, but not principal, role. (CDC fatality statistics are based on information contained in official death certificates, which identify a single cause of death.)
    --Pew Reearch

  41. #36
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:21 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    32,789
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts


    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    We still get a few major freighters here, but the St. Lawrence Seaway fucked the US Northeast Great Lakes area...
    It can move cargo more efficiently than the Erie/Barge canal. Before the Erie canal New Orleans was the busiest US Port. When the Erie canal opened New York became the busiest and buffalo became the second busiest.

  42. #37
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    53
    Posts
    49,113
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked 4,581 Times in 3,460 Posts


    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It can move cargo more efficiently than the Erie/Barge canal. Before the Erie canal New Orleans was the busiest US Port. When the Erie canal opened New York became the busiest and buffalo became the second busiest.
    Correct. The problem is the fucking pols back in the late 50's, early 60's should have seen this coming and moved towards changing the economy from industrial to medical, tech and education. Better (a lot) late than never...

    But the canal itself is largely defunct with tracts filled in. The newer "barge canal" superseded it but is slower and mostly used for recreational traffic now sadly. But there are some nice square lakes in the Rochester region. Buffalo only restored the main original "Clinton's Folly/Ditch" Canal entrance area about a decade ago as a historical tourist stop...

    https://buffalowaterfront.com/canalside
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-31-2024 at 04:00 PM.

  43. #38
    Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Terry's Avatar
    Member No
    181
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!
    Posts
    11,948
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    4,612
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I always enjoyed listening to Art Bell on a long night drive. Sometimes conspiracy shit is entertaining but I think Art saw his show as entertainment. Letís get some of these fruitcakes on the show and let them run. Anyways people are so uptight now they canít laugh shit off. Itís because they are on the internet too much letting all the bullshit on it get to them. Iím so glad smart phones and social media didnít exist when I was young. I had a blast and that shit would have ruined everything.
    I must say I am glad to be of an age when the point of getting up to shenanigans in my youth was to get away with it/not be caught. The point wasn't to film it, record it and let everybody else in the world know about it.

  44. #39
    Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    ZahZoo's Avatar
    Member No
    61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    8,957
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,515
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I must say I am glad to be of an age when the point of getting up to shenanigans in my youth was to get away with it/not be caught. The point wasn't to film it, record it and let everybody else in the world know about it.
    I'm so thankful no one recorded the stupid shit we pulled or attempted to do when we were young and dumb...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  45. #40
    THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Rikk's Avatar
    Member No
    182
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 04:48 PM
    Location
    Southfork
    Age
    18
    Posts
    16,373
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 487 Posts


    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    And more deaths from impaired drivers than guns.
    Actually, guns kill FAR MORE Americans than impaired drivers, my friend. (That said, I wish drunk driving laws were stricter. It amazes me what a slap on the wrist it can end up being, considering how fucking reckless, selfish & potentially deadly it is.)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 36 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 36 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
  2. The Alex Jones InfoWhores Conspiracies Thread
    By ELVIS in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 414
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
  3. Another Bridge Collapse, This Time in Jersey
    By Va Beach VH Fan in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
  4. Know Your Conspiracies
    By Nickdfresh in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:04 AM
  5. Six Car Bombs Explode in Baghdad
    By Steve Savicki in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •