Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Ashcroft
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

What I find amazing is that the libs were more than willing to cry foul, bitch, whine, complain, and outright cry over supposed "voter disenfranchisement" in Floriduh, and were willing to tear the whole system down because their guy lost. But it's now unacceptable to them to have any contengiency plan should a terrorist attack "disenfranchise" a possible hundred thousand or so voters...

Which is it? Oh yeah, it depends who's guy's winning and losing with you guys. System be damned.

Oh, and I also seem to remember the Clinton Admin. toying with the idea of delaying the 2000 election should Clinton invade Iraq (as urged to by both houses of Congress, by both Democrats and Republicans). Were you libs as outraged then?

On the delay of the election, can you blame the gov. for having a plan? If we have a terrorist attack, in let's say California (San Francisco and L.A.), that results in no ballots being counted in those districts... handing California to Bush. And he wins. Does that mean we have to listen to your whining and complaining about illegitimacy for the following 4 years??? Are we going to hear from you clowns that "a plan should've been in place to prevent this!!!???? You bet your asses we will. You motives are sooooooo transparent, I'm actually suprised you still try to hide them behind any kind of reason! And you libs are supposedly the "intellectuals"???

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
      What I find amazing is that the libs were more than willing to cry foul, bitch, whine, complain, and outright cry over supposed "voter disenfranchisement" in Floriduh, and were willing to tear the whole system down because their guy lost.

Well, actually he didn't lose. That's why it was a problem. Not to mention Junior's brother and his state campaign chief being in charge of counting the Florida vote - where's the precedent for THAT?

But it's now unacceptable to them to have any contengiency plan should a terrorist attack "disenfranchise" a possible hundred thousand or so voters...

Which is it? Oh yeah, it depends who's guy's winning and losing with you guys. System be damned.

The pattern of the BCE is that they never do anything that isn't politically motivated. If they declare some sort of emergency, short of complete martial law itself, it would be to skew the results to their favor. i.e. cut off west coast voting after all the "red states" have voted already.

Oh, and I also seem to remember the Clinton Admin. toying with the idea of delaying the 2000 election should Clinton invade Iraq (as urged to by both houses of Congress, by both Democrats and Republicans). Were you libs as outraged then?

No, because that never happenned. It was a rumor started by a desperate Oxycontin addict who was despondent over losing his favorite target. Guess the drugs were better then we thought. Three years later, he's still blaming Clinton for everything.

On the delay of the election, can you blame the gov. for having a plan? If we have a terrorist attack, in let's say California (San Francisco and L.A.), that results in no ballots being counted in those districts... handing California to Bush. And he wins. Does that mean we have to listen to your whining and complaining about illegitimacy for the following 4 years??? Are we going to hear from you clowns that "a plan should've been in place to prevent this!!!???? You bet your asses we will. You motives are sooooooo transparent, I'm actually suprised you still try to hide them behind any kind of reason! And you libs are supposedly the "intellectuals"???
      It's the BCE whose motives are transparent. Notice how they weren't concerned about election day "terra attacks" until Kerry took a decisive lead in the polls.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Uh, which decisive lead??? All polls I've seen put both candidate in the margin of error. In fact, the funny thing is Kerry actually dropped after Moore's movie came out. It also didn't rise with the announcement of a running mate.

Also, which recount did Algore win again? And I suppose it's a conspiracy that the voters of Floriduh elected Jeb Bush in preparation for the 2000 election, right? Those crafty devils! And to imagine, a bunch of them can't even figure out a punch-card ballot...

And the Clinton thing was in the hard press. It wasn't just a "rumor" propogated by Rush Limbaugh. Also, his listenership actually rose after Clinton left office. I know, I know, facts have no place when "reasoning" with you...

Now, will you bitch and complain should an even like I've described happen if there's no contengiency plan in place?

And for the record, I don't believe the election will be postponed even in the event of a terrorist attack. I believe that Kerry is going to lose by a wide enough margin that you all will be eating crow. Kinda like with Ahhhhhnold in California. Remember that? Yep, you had all of the usual suspects there for that election. Ready to file a fucking lawsuit even before the election. How'd that all turn out? I forget, did Ahhhhnold win by a large margin?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by steve
          Oh, give me a break...stop being a braggart and just stick to the discussion. . I could give a rats ass whether you are the commisioner for elections for New York City or if you're a homeless hooker with a WiFi connection typing through your Eddie Van Halen gloves to the tune of a Starbucks Manager kicking your bum-ass out of his store. Either way, you've haven't backed up what you've said.

Basically, all you've said so far is that you have much faith in the executive branch...nothing more. Just admit this is the difference.

For some reason, you're optimistic about Mr. Ashcroft's/Mr. Ridge's ability to be non-partisan - that's all you've said here...but you have not given any reason to convince one who disagrees with you why.

Not many of us trust those lying losers very much any more.

I envy your ability to sleep soundly knowing the Bush administration is on the watch - I sure as hell don't.

You must have missed the news about the committee made up to review and come up with plans.

You must have missed the news that Ashcroft and Ridge were not part of that committee.

You must have missed the news where they are talking to people at the board here who worked thru that mess.

You must have missed the news where it said if they deem it necessary (which they will) they will tell Congress that it might be a good idea to come up with some election laws for this.

You must have missed the news about the checks and balances systems and how the judicial part comes into play.

And I don't think it's really a matter of me having too much trust in the government. I think you are just a little too paranoid.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• steve
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

Yawn.

Did you miss the news where Ridge was asking for the Homeland Security Department to be in charge of making such a decision (to delay the Presidential election)?

I think you read very selectively.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I read that, and I don't see that happening or how it would work. If that does, I'll be watching it and reading how they plan to do that carefully.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You can postpone elections, you can impose Marshal law, but the end will not be very sweet. Ask any German.

P
                Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Also, which recount did Algore win again? And I suppose it's a conspiracy that the voters of Floriduh elected Jeb Bush in preparation for the 2000 election, right? Those crafty devils!
                  Hey! Watch it with the personal attacks, Asscrotch, or I send up the calico cat legion!
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Stop arguing back and forth.

They told us to stop shooting at you guys in 1945. When the word goes out to start shooting at you guys again you are going to get the same results.

You know who you are.

P
                    Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You can postpone elections, you can impose Marshal law, but the end will not be very sweet. Ask any German.

P
                      Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                        Stop arguing back and forth.

They told us to stop shooting at you guys in 1945. When the word goes out to start shooting at you guys again you are going to get the same results.

You know who you are.

P
                        Umm are you threatening to shoot people that disagree with you? Treading on thin ice here.

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                          Umm are you threatening to shoot people that disagree with you? Treading on thin ice here.
                          Well, he is a stalker....
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Big Train
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Posted by Ford:
                            No, because that never happenned. It was a rumor started by a desperate Oxycontin addict who was despondent over losing his favorite target. Guess the drugs were better then we thought. Three years later, he's still blaming Clinton for everything.

I LOVE it. Not saying ford is a drug addict, if you take that part out and subsitute Bush for Clinton...pot calling the kettle....

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                              Not at all.. and before everybodies boss at werk asks you to be an informant are you going to ask how much more you're going to be paid for the extra werk and are you going to ask your boss at werk "wot happuns t2o informants?" i.e., if you're dumb enough to need to ask what happens to informants.. read history, read novels, read police investigations around the werld about what happens to informants.. take care.

P
                              Last edited by Phil theStalker; 07-16-2004, 01:39 PM.
                              Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                                Not at all.. and before everybodies boss at werk asks you to be an informant are you going to ask how much more you're going to be paid for the extra werk and are you going to ask your boss at werk "wot happuns t2o informants?" i.e., if you're dumb enough to need to ask what happens to informants.. read history, read novels, read police investigations around the werld about what happens to informants.. take care.

P
                                OK Phil, that makes perfect sense. And thanks for the negative vote by the way.

Comment

Working...