• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    ?????

To borrow the conservative comparison used hundreds of times, "How much was a gallon of gas 30 years ago?"

What services are being cut?
    It's in the thread title, but I didn't see anything mentioned anywhere in this op-ed.
    Name any service the government provides, from social services to basic Fire, police etc.

Oh and they have doubled all fines.

And registrations.

Everything you interact with the government about has been cut in service and increased in cost.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You do realize you can move out of California, pay less for virtually everything, breathe cleaner air, drink cleaner water, have less crime, better infrastructure and an overall higher quality of life in almost every aspect..?

For Christ's sake I can't see why anyone would want to live there...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• yah
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2006

California is in some trouble, no doubt.....overpopular in years past, the weather is not worth high taxes and struggling economies; not to mention the smog and crime in South Cal.
        If I were to live in the U.S ; I would easily choose Oregon or Nevada over Ca.

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          You do realize you can move out of California, pay less for virtually everything, breathe cleaner air, drink cleaner water, have less crime, better infrastructure and an overall higher quality of life in almost every aspect..?

For business reasons I remain, but it is certainly something I think about quite often.

Once in awhile though, you have a day you remember why you like it here.

I'm due for one.

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Made it about 8 months in SoCal and had to get out....not worth the price of admission for me.

I agree with Yah, Oregon and Washington State were a 1000 x's better.
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
              Commando
              • May 2004

Well if you do decide to move, cross Maryland off your list of possible choices. Its politicians are following Cali's economic blue print to a T.

Comment

• yah
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by kwame k
                Made it about 8 months in SoCal and had to get out....not worth the price of admission for me.

I agree with Yah, Oregon and Washington State were a 1000 x's better.
                I'm just north of Washington State in BC and the NW U.S is just great, still like taking trips to Wa and Oregon, as well as Ca,Nevada, and Arizona.
                There's some good music festivals still going on in the NW--may pack up my drums sometime and head down there to give it a shot!

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by yah
                  I'm just north of Washington State in BC and the NW U.S is just great, still like taking trips to Wa and Oregon, as well as Ca,Nevada, and Arizona.
                  There's some good music festivals still going on in the NW--may pack up my drums sometime and head down there to give it a shot!

Cool, post some shit in Gear Street......we are lacking drummers.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

I hear that. I try and stay out of that shithole as much as possible; any time I do have to travel through, I just try to stick to the north end and get the hell out of state asap...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...