PDA

View Full Version : Elly's First Flame

Ellyllions
07-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I know we don't like talking about religion. And in another thread about the war between Israel and Hezbollah spiraled into religion but as it was explained to me religion is the driving force behind what's going on.

Here's how I was taught...(don't bitch slap me if I'm wrong please and try not to argue symantecs...you get the gist of what I'm saying here even if I'm unable to tell the story perfectly)

Abraham had a wife who went into her 90's without bearing Children. God repeatedly told Abraham that she would and renamed her. Abraham gets impatient and gets one of her handmaid's pregnant. The handmaid has a son. Shortly thereafter his wife bears him a son. According to the traditions of that time, the first born son inherits all of his father's property and such. Abraham denied the handmaid's child as his first born and gave everything to his wife's son.

The handmaid's son was bitter.

According to what I was taught...the handmaid's sons lineage was Muhammed. And down Abraham's lineage with his wife was...........Jesus.

The fight between the Arabs and Jews stems from this division. After 2000 years, Muhammed's followers believe that all of the Middle East was the birth-right property of the handmaid's child. Supposedly the two opposing religions stemmed from this ancient tradition and confusion over who was Abraham's first born son and which was entitled to all of Abraham's inheritance.

Now, the Muslims and the Christians went to war. There was a great Jewish temple in Israel (forgive me for not knowing specifics). Legend has it that it was the place where the Ark of the Covenant was hidden. Well, during another earlier battle, the Muslims captured the temple and built a Mosque on top of the Jewish temple. Then Israel prevailed and took it back. Now supposedly the Muslims claim that the Jews "took" a Islamic Mosque.

See how this is going....based on this explanation it is a battle of religion, and it has been going on for centuries. So to avoid talking about religion when talking about this battle is missing part of the reason it's even happening.

Of course, the modern world can't comprehend what it's all over because the modern world (especially the US) doesn't see how or why people should die over this kind of battle. The Baptists and the Catholics aren't bombing each other over here, so it doesn't make much sense to us. But for them, the hatred and the reasons for the war is very real. The Muslims fully believe that the land that the Jews occupy is part of a rightful inheritance to their prophet by "father Abraham".

LoungeMachine
07-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Watch the West Wing Episode entitled "Issac and Ishmael"

There's a great scene dealing with this.

:cool:

It was actually using it as a parable to 9/11

Good episode opening the 3rd season.

Ellyllions
07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Ok, I'll check it out.

Ya know, when you look at it from the standpoint of birthright inheritance and family arguments...it kind of depletes the importance of the "spritiual" implications that both parties spout doesn't it.

LoungeMachine
07-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Quite.

FORD
07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Elly, your description of the conflict, or at least the religious side of it, is pretty much accurate. God's promise to Abraham was to make him a "father of many nations" and it was in that context that God gave this huge piece of land to Abe and his children. And since neither Ishmael or Isaac had been born yet at that point, then it's assuming facts not in evidence to say that God only meant ONE of Abe's kids.

Then there's the little fact that the handmaiden's name was Hagar. Is it possible that Sammy is descended from the Ishmael family line? I think it's safe to assume that Isaac is David Lee Roth's ancestor ;)

Ellyllions
07-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Well the tradition was that the first born son was to receive all inheritance. The conflict is over whether or not the "illegtimate" son born to the handmaid was the rightful first born or not.

This goes even further doesn't it?
Doesn't the FreeMason's believe that the "sons" of the US were direct descendants to Issac? Thereby being a "sister" to the Jews?

That thickens the plot quite a bit doesn't it?

thome
07-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Why don't you Bible Quoteing Gentlemen do me a favor..

When you need a book on a subject you want to learn ,you visit the library..Yes/No ?

When you need your 99 Porche worked on you seek out a qualified
mechanic, Yes ? No ?

Why dont you find a nice Church of some denomination you feel qualified about and walk in, in the Middle of the Day, any day.

Get down on your knees in the empty sanctuary or tabernacle or
just sit on one of the benches take a deep breath exhale and
ask the concept of your choice if i needed answers who should i ask.

Odds are in the favor of the priest or minister of the veryplace you are sitting.

Then get up see if he or she is around and ask if you may speak about a few questions that have been keeping you up at night.

You see they study the bible and every other incarnation of the
belief systems of the whole world.It's thier job, usually they have
a lifetime of study involved.

You need a mechanic for you soul this is where you must go for the tune-up.

Oh, and by the way, i have done ,same, a couple of time .

Ellyllions
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Thome....I was raised in church. I firmly believe that my grandfather went straight to heaven when he died not because he was an elder in our church for most of his life, but because he kept an open mind about how that Holy Bible played out in human nature and history.

He taught me everything I came to know about Spirituality and how it relates to the soul. He also taught me that some of the knowlege you get from being Spiritual isn't given to you by a voicebox (minister, priest, whatever name they choose to be called by)...but more from your own heart when studying the Verses.

So you shouldn't be telling everyone that they need another human being to tell them what is right and wrong. The Bible plainly says that it's so easy that even a child can comprehend. And that's all we need to know. Over the centuries all messages become tainted with greed, power, and figurehead influences. I believe our concept of all Holy writings have had the same done to them. The truth is in one's heart, and each shall be judged by those truths as opposed to being led one way or another by a "leader".

Furthermore, just because someone else may not be Spiritual doesn't give any of us the right to decide if they're wrong or not. And to speak that way will lead them in the opposite direction.

You get more flies with honey goes a long way in a lot of places.

thome
07-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Some are not posesed of a -old soul- as you are and need some guidance to stop thier madness and push them just a little further
out of the endless loop of unanswerd question they see to
find, no help with.
\
Sometimes, you alone are not enough -the pennatant man sees god-
the old saying means to me you need to -ask- for some help.

that is very hard for some, the humiliation of asking and then afterwards
the realization is there is no humiliation in it, at times... really -asking-
for some words of guidance.
From of all people a man of the cloth.not your bud or the dude on
the barstool.. left. Just bite your proud bottom lip and walk in the door.

Ellyllions
07-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Ok...I'm not getting into this with you. This is not the intention of the thread and if I keep going on, so will you. You obviously didn't even comprehend my last post.

Back to the subject at hand, please?

FORD
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Well the tradition was that the first born son was to receive all inheritance. The conflict is over whether or not the "illegtimate" son born to the handmaid was the rightful first born or not.

This goes even further doesn't it?
Doesn't the FreeMason's believe that the "sons" of the US were direct descendants to Issac? Thereby being a "sister" to the Jews?

That thickens the plot quite a bit doesn't it?

I don't keep up with the Masonic conspiracies very much. One of my grandfathers was a Mason, and it certainly hasn't opened any "secret doors" for me. I think I got ripped off. I want my secret organization benefits package, damn it! :mad:

Unfortunately, I never talked to him about it that much, so I don't know much about the Masonic doctrine.

I do know that a lot of former Presidents have been Masons, but none of them from the group that has dominated the White House for 30 of the last 50 years. (i.e. Bush, his daddy, Reagan, Nixon, etc.)

thome
07-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I think my post is spot on on your topic You seem to be asking question of the wrong people.

---------
Furthermore, just because someone else may not be Spiritual doesn't give any of us the right to decide if they're wrong or not. And to speak that way will lead them in the opposite direction.
-----------
Saying someone is not spiritual is like saying i only drive Chevrolets
but if i was stranded i would not accept a ride from a guy in a Toyota.

In even the conflicts of missundrstood dogma there is spirituality.

Arguing over the concepts of Non - believers or retributions of two
thousand year old grievances must come from a base of the belief system.

You can take it back to Cain and Able if you want to believe there
was a Mohammed and Abraham.

Sorry if you think i changed the Direction of you thread My concepts of your post are written here and above if you would preffer i don't post in your thread say so and i will back out.

Little Texan
07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I do know that a lot of former Presidents have been Masons, but none of them from the group that has dominated the White House for 30 of the last 50 years. (i.e. Bush, his daddy, Reagan, Nixon, etc.)

You're wrong there, Ford. I believe I saw somewhere on the web a while back when I was doing some research on the masons that Gerald Ford was a Freemason.

FORD
07-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
You're wrong there, Ford. I believe I saw somewhere on the web a while back when I was doing some research on the masons that Gerald Ford was a Freemason.

OK, but it's not like he was in office long enough to enact any "secret Masonic conspiracy". And of course, he was never elected President (or Vice President) either. I believe his only elected position was congressman, and I don't know what the numbers are on Masons who have served in Congress.

LoungeMachine
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions TO THOME
Ok...I'm not getting into this with you. This is not the intention of the thread and if I keep going on, so will you. You obviously didn't even comprehend my last post.

Back to the subject at hand, please?

Elly just discovered the thome factor.

cheap beer + glue + propane fumes = incoherent posts :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, the beer, glue, and propane help anyways...

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 07:05 AM
So the President of Iran believes that chaos between the Muslim and the Jews will bring about the return of the Muslim messiah?

Would that be the rise of the Anti-Christ?

See, my intentions for this thread isn't to try to bring people to religion...it's an attempt to figure out what is going on by thinking the same way the Muslim extremeists are thinking in being at war with Israel.

To catch a thief you need to think like one right?

Warham
07-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Thome....I was raised in church. I firmly believe that my grandfather went straight to heaven when he died not because he was an elder in our church for most of his life, but because he kept an open mind about how that Holy Bible played out in human nature and history.

He taught me everything I came to know about Spirituality and how it relates to the soul. He also taught me that some of the knowlege you get from being Spiritual isn't given to you by a voicebox (minister, priest, whatever name they choose to be called by)...but more from your own heart when studying the Verses.

So you shouldn't be telling everyone that they need another human being to tell them what is right and wrong. The Bible plainly says that it's so easy that even a child can comprehend. And that's all we need to know. Over the centuries all messages become tainted with greed, power, and figurehead influences. I believe our concept of all Holy writings have had the same done to them. The truth is in one's heart, and each shall be judged by those truths as opposed to being led one way or another by a "leader".

You get more flies with honey goes a long way in a lot of places.

Amen, sister!

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Actually, it all began in 1948...

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Care to elaborate?

I'm a brunette so I love to read!

diamondD
07-17-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm guessing he's referencing the 1948 creation of the state of Israel and the other surrounding countries' failure to recognize their existance.

If it really all goes back to this first born crap, this stuff is beyond stupid.

FORD
07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
What they should have done in 1948 is establish TWO states, not just one.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
According to what I was taught, it does go back to the first born stuff. According to my grandfather, it was the beginning of the division of the Arabs and the Jews. And the reason that to this day they refuse to live in harmony.

The Muslim Arabs believe that the Holy Land (all of it) belonged to Muhammed and that it's a sin for anyone who is not Muslim to walk on it. Including the soldiers who ran Saddam's forces out of Kuwait....

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM

And the reason that to this day they refuse to live in harmony.

Ahh, living in harmony.

Much like the Europeans, and the Native Americans they slaughtered......

Much like the Australians and the Aboriginals

The British and the Indians.

Whites, and the ancestors of the slaves their forefathers owned.

My point being, just where in the world is this "living in harmony" taking place between peoples?

I'd like to book a trip and see it for myself.:rolleyes:

FORD
07-17-2006, 11:27 AM
According to what I was taught, it does go back to the first born stuff. According to my grandfather, it was the beginning of the division of the Arabs and the Jews. And the reason that to this day they refuse to live in harmony.

The Muslim Arabs believe that the Holy Land (all of it) belonged to Muhammed and that it's a sin for anyone who is not Muslim to walk on it. Including the soldiers who ran Saddam's forces out of Kuwait....

Now we're getting into Osama's list of "grievances". What supposedly flipped him from America loving CIA agent to America hating terrorist was the presence of "infidel" troops on the holy land, especially near Mecca & Medina, the holiest locations in all of Islam.

Jerusalem is the third holiest, which is why the Muslims have as much of a claim to that city as the Jews do. Unfortunately, it's not easy to draw a line between two states when both claim the same city.

The obvious solution is to take Jerusalem completely off the table. Make that city its own state, much like the Vatican is. Jews, Muslims, and Christians are all welcome, but none of the three controls the city.

Once that question is settled (even though both parties will bitch about it) drawing the borders of a Palestinian state will probably be relatively easy.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually, it all began in 1948...

In Roswell.

Alians crashed, but before they died they predicted this would happen ;)

FORD
07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

My point being, just where in the world is this "living in harmony" taking place between peoples?

<div align="center"><embed src="../midi/small_world.mid" Autostart=TRUE Width=144 Height=56 Loop=true TYPE="audio/midi"></embed>
</div><br>

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Ahh, living in harmony.

Much like the Europeans, and the Native Americans they slaughtered......

Much like the Australians and the Aboriginals

The British and the Indians.

Whites, and the ancestors of the slaves their forefathers owned.

Point well made and taken, but still you're settling on symantics.
At least you and I could go outside and have a relatively shitty day by our own accord, without getting shot because we're not wearing a burka.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...there is no one people on this planet that hasn't suffered from discrimination. And most definitely, discrimination has a lot to do with why the Arabs and Jews can't seem to co-exist.

@FORD, yes Bin Laden is the ultimate in extremeist Muslim beliefs and that honestly makes me wonder if he isn't the Anti-Christ. Here in the US there are religions that follow the Old Testament to the letter believeing that the New Testament is yet to be fulfilled properly. Bin Laden follows and teaches the Quaran in it's most literal sense of every word...furthering the push for the prophecies to be fulfilled. He is honestly recruiting on the basis of fearing Muslims into believing that if they don't do exactly as it's written they'll be banished to torment.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Now we're getting into Osama's list of "grievances". What supposedly flipped him from America loving CIA agent to America hating terrorist was the presence of "infidel" troops on the holy land, especially near Mecca & Medina, the holiest locations in all of Islam.

But he needed help. He needed the Infidels to cooperate.

He needed some Cowboy to play into his hands.......

Who could he get?

Hmmmmmmmm

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
I'm guessing he's referencing the 1948 creation of the state of Israel and the other surrounding countries' failure to recognize their existance.

If it really all goes back to this first born crap, this stuff is beyond stupid.

Or the land-grab achieved through: ethnic cleanings, psychological-warfare rapes, assassinations, massacres, terrorist bombings, and other assorted anti-social behaviors that the Zionists used to create Israel.

And the Arabs weren't innocent by any means, but the heroic Zionists on white horses is a bullshit, self-serving myth.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 11:55 AM

Bin Laden follows and teaches the Quaran in it's most literal sense of every word...furthering the push for the prophecies to be fulfilled. He is honestly recruiting on the basis of fearing Muslims into believing that if they don't do exactly as it's written they'll be banished to torment.

NOW LETS READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH WITH A FEW CHANGES, SHALL WE?

BUSH follows and teaches the BIBLE in it's most literal sense of every word...furthering the push for the prophecies to be fulfilled. He is honestly recruiting on the basis of fearing CHRITIANS into believing that if they don't do exactly as it's written they'll be banished to torment.

Same crusade, different names......

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Point well made and taken, but still you're settling on symantics.

Really?

How so:confused:

This whole mindset that if we just wiped out the other guys, or got them to think, act, and believe like us, the world would be just fine is a joke.

Just like BushCO spreading "democracy and freedom" in the Middle East at the end of a rifle.

There is no difference between any "war on terror" or "war on the infidels"

It's charismatic leaders furthering their own agenda by spilling the blood of others.

In my mind, what Bush, Perle, Wolfowitz, Cheney, et al did was no worse than any other "terrorist" act in the last 20 years.

Except they slaughtered TENS of thousands of innocent civilians.:mad:

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry but I don't agree with you at all.

I don't see how Iraq had been left the way it was for so long in the first place. Celebs stomping around holding whole concerts for Africa when the people of Iraq were living in just as much squalor. Do we pick and choose who we help? If so, how do we make that distinction?

The Tigris and Euphrates rivers is contaminated because 40 years of raw sewage being dumped into it. People had to bathe, drink, and cook with that water under Saddam while he had food testers, all the medicines he needed, and bathed in gold plated bathtubs.

I agree that it didn't turn out like it should've, but I don't agree that it shouldn't have taken place. Just because the two cultures can't understand each other doesn't make it wrong. And as far as civilian casualties....that's a sad fact of war. Saddam had 1 1/2 years to keep it from happening. But he didn't comply with the UN resolutions because HE didn't care about casualties.

But time and distance builds complacency...

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, U.S. airstrikes did target sewage treatment plants during the Gulf War I... Some would say that that is a form of biological warfare...

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:19 PM

Do we pick and choose who we help? If so, how do we make that distinction?

Yes, dear. We do.

Always have.

How did we make the distinction this time?

Well, just look at the 14 permanent military bases and the world's largest embassey being built.

Sorry, but I don't recall saving the Iraqis from "squalor" as ever being a reason cited for the invasion and occupation.

And 3 years later, the water, sewer, power.....fuck the whole damn infrastructure is worse than before. But now you can get blown up much quicker and easier.

And flying in private contractors while Iraqis go unemployed and hungry doesn't exactly boost your theory either.

If you think this WAR is about any "humanitarian" motive then you're right, we will never agree.

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, U.S. airstrikes did target sewage treatment plants during the Gulf War I... Some would say that that is a form of biological warfare...

Yeah, and if this war was such a humanitarian endeavour as Elly would like to believe, what did we do in Gulf I, the prequel to help the Iraqi people other than get them slaughtered by abandoning them after telling them if they rose up we'd be there.:rolleyes:

C'mon Ell.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I just see the humanitarian side of it. From the people that I know over there. They would literally bend over backwards for the Iraqi's after being there since Saddam was captured.

My problem with the anti-Iraq war stance is that it's got tunnel vision. People get so into the possible and "what-if's" that they fail to see anything but Bush and Rumsfeld and the oil fields. When there honestly was so much more to it from the beginning.

Failed intelligence isn't one person's fault....but the whole thing could've been avoided if Saddam had given what he was asked for in the 1 1/2 years before the shooting started. But it's so typical of our society not to place any blame on the offended. When right now, Saddam's defense team is in danger of being killed by their own people. That should say something to the American public.

Bottom line is that it's done and we're there. We honestly should be doing MUCH more in word and deed in getting it overwith and out. Instead of constantly rehashing a 5 year old argument.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:33 PM

The Tigris and Euphrates rivers is contaminated because 40 years of raw sewage being dumped into it. People had to bathe, drink, and cook with that water under Saddam while he had food testers, all the medicines he needed, and bathed in gold plated bathtubs.

Is that why we invaded?

really?

It wasn't mushroom cloud like WMDs and 9/11?

Well, we should be invading Darfur any day now, right?

And let's declare war on New Orleans while we're at it. They're still living in squalor.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:36 PM
I just see the humanitarian side of it.

That's nice that you do, sincerely......

But do you really believe for ONE FUCKING MOMENT that BushCO gave a rat's ass about any humanitarian motive?

Just answer that honestly, please.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Too bad Brad Pitt and Bono haven't done something to benefit the pre-war Iraq.

Badgering me isn't going to make me believe differently Lounge. It's really not necessary or helpful.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
That's nice that you do, sincerely......

But do you really believe for ONE FUCKING MOMENT that BushCO gave a rat's ass about any humanitarian motive?

Just answer that honestly, please.

I don't know if any of Government does anything humanitarian without some benefit to itself. I've said that a thousand times here. Even started a whole thread about it.

But I do know that they weren't upset with us for leaving them in '91 for nothing. Just as you stated before...

Maybe I'm a naive person who honestly believes that everyone should have some quality of life. But aren't you glad that there ARE people like me out there?

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I

....but the whole thing could've been avoided if Saddam had given what he was asked for in the 1 1/2 years before the shooting started.

So if Saddam had "given what he was asked for" we never would have invaded and occupied?

Well, sorry Ell, but that sure shoots down your whole "we are there to lift the Iraqis out of squalor" argument.

Which is it?

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Still, I didn't say that was the REASON we are there. I just implied that it would be a good reason to be there...

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:44 PM

Maybe I'm a naive person who honestly believes that everyone should have some quality of life. But aren't you glad that there ARE people like me out there?

Of course I am.

But that statement alone tells me you're more LEFT than RIGHT :D :cool:

The NeoCon agenda is all about the top 1%, and destroying the middle class.

This administration is very selective when it comes to doling out "quality of life" :mad:

Let's not forget why we REALLY invaded, okay?

Trying to turn it into a humanitarian effort is admirable, and a very worthwhile cause.

But it WASN'T why we did it. Let's not rewrite history.:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Still, I didn't say that was the REASON we are there. I just implied that it would be a good reason to be there...

I agree that it didn't turn out like it should've, but I don't agree that it shouldn't have taken place. .

You can see how one could get confused, right? ;)

You're saying it SHOULD have taken place......but we should have dropped supplies, not BOMBS:cool:

knuckleboner
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM

Bottom line is that it's done and we're there. We honestly should be doing MUCH more in word and deed in getting it overwith and out. Instead of constantly rehashing a 5 year old argument.

amen.

WHY we went to war is a good debate for shaping future policy decisions in other parts of the globe.

but as for figuring out if we should stay in iraq, it's kind of meaningless.

whether our motives were right or wrong, we went in. period. the responsible thing is to deal with the consequences of our actions.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm gonna quote myself here try to read it EXACTLY as it's written ok.

I don't see how Iraq had been left the way it was for so long in the first place. Celebs stomping around holding whole concerts for Africa when the people of Iraq were living in just as much squalor. Do we pick and choose who we help? If so, how do we make that distinction?

I agree that it didn't turn out like it should've, but I don't agree that it shouldn't have taken place.

Now if you can find in that where I said it was the GOVERNMENT'S REASON for going in...I will literally mail you a $1 bill.

There is a real chance to do some good in a place that desperately needs it. Er go, I'm NOT opposed to going into IRAQ in the first place. Just like I said!

diamondD
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
But, if the soldiers over there believe in that very humanitarian cause, and believe in what they are doing, then that contradicts a lot of the whining from people over here about why they are there.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, we could've dropped supplies and not bombs but Saddam would've kept the supplies for himself.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
YOU REFER TO "IT"

IF "IT" WASN'T THE SHOCK AND AWE INVASION, THEN WHAT WAS "IT"?

You said in your own quote "...but I don't agree IT shouldn't have taken place"

So, you're saying the bombing of Baghdad was the humanitarian way to go?

diamondD
07-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I heard the leader of this group on the radio this morning. He hates the way the media portrays what is really going on over there. Say what you want, but these guys have lived it.

Veterans for Freedom (http://www.veteransforfreedom.org/)

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 12:58 PM
It being, going into Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein.

Again, an anonymous sniper would've done just as good.

But we're left with the fact that the Unanimous decision to go to WAR was made after all the UN resolutions had failed. So we have to deal with what was done.

I stand by my view that if it had worked the way it should've the Iraqi people would've benefitted more than if we'd not gone in at all.

Should I mail you the $1 just so you'll feel like you won this round?

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
But, if the soldiers over there believe in that very humanitarian cause, and believe in what they are doing, then that contradicts a lot of the whining from people over here about why they are there.

But I'm not second guessing the soldiers in the least.

I BELIEVE many ARE there for humanitarian reasons.

But BushCO NEVER was.

Again, can we separate the motives and actions of this admninistration from the soldiers'?????

I believe many people's heart are pure. I believe BushCO has no heart. ;) Only greed, hatred, and blood on their hands

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I heard the leader of this group on the radio this morning. He hates the way the media portrays what is really going on over there. Say what you want, but these guys have lived it.

I love that website. They don't see their reason for being there like we do from here. There are so many over there that I completely admire and respect. Sometimes I wish I had half the heart that they do.

But in my opinion, it's not just the media who is misconstruing what's going on...for some reason this society feeds off hate. We've turned into the United States of the Offended.

Has anyone else noticed that since the Israel/Hezbollah thing, there's been almost no coverage on Iraq?

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM

Should I mail you the $1 just so you'll feel like you won this round?

:D

Send it to The Red Cross.

I'll match it x100.

And we'll both live to fight another day ;)

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Big annoying Smooch LM!

diamondD
07-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Well regardless of how much you hate Bush, America is in a war whether you agree with it or not. And a lot of your posts come across as a deisre to fail in order to prove that Bush was wrong IMO. Blood was on people's hands in Iraq for centuries. I'm sure it's never going to be America II over there, but we're there now.

diamondD
07-17-2006, 01:07 PM
And yes, I wish we could concentrate more on solving our biggest domestic issue right now, alternative sources of energy and then they can do whatever the hell they want to over there. Take away our dependency on oil and you'll have a whole different attitude coming out of that region.

jcook11
07-17-2006, 01:12 PM
How many time do these psycho muslims have to get the shit kicked out of them before they leave Israel alone?

:gun: :elvis:

FORD
07-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
How many time do these psycho muslims have to get the shit kicked out of them before they leave Israel alone?

:gun: :elvis:

Fuck off, you wife beating troll. And quit crying to me about poor helpless ZIONFASCIST MURDERERS,.

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by thome

Oh, and by the way, i have done ,same, a couple of time .

Yoo shoud go to english teacher couple of time and get tune up on vocaabulary .

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Well regardless of how much you hate Bush, America is in a war whether you agree with it or not. And a lot of your posts come across as a deisre to fail in order to prove that Bush was wrong IMO. Blood was on people's hands in Iraq for centuries. I'm sure it's never going to be America II over there, but we're there now.

Desire to fail?

LMAO

Where do you get this shit?

By pointing out the OBVIOUS FAILURES to date, you guys get pissed at the messenger.

Jesus Christ, d:rolleyes:

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
@Elvis...careful with the comedy, I almost blew my cheeks out on that one. :)

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 01:41 PM

LMFAO!! Vets for Freedom, they're a bunch of partisan delusionals. Enjoy!:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37652

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
@Elvis...careful with the comedy, I almost blew my cheeks out on that one. :)

Thankyaverymuch...:D

Interesting thread...

BTW, http://www.bhlgroup.co.uk/images/logo_cola.png tried the living in harmony thing in the 70's...

http://www.colawp.com/colas/300/cola333-logo.jpg

:elvis:

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Great...now I've got that fucking earworm squirming around in my head.....gee thanks...

I'd like to teach the world to sing...

MAKE IT STOP!

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll make it stop baby...

My number is (305) 962-xxxx

;)

FORD
07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

;)

You DO know that the BCE got that before you edited it, right?

diamondD
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Desire to fail?

LMAO

Where do you get this shit?

By pointing out the OBVIOUS FAILURES to date, you guys get pissed at the messenger.

Jesus Christ, d:rolleyes:

I get it from your posts. You're always quick to point out how bad we're doing over there, but it sure does pain you to admit when something goes right. I don't know why you act so shocked. I said it's the way you come across, that doesn't neccessarily mean that's your intent.

I've asked you to show me where I am an admitted neo-con and you haven't been able to do that yet. ;)

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
You DO know that the BCE got that before you edited it, right?

Maybe they will hire me...

FORD
07-17-2006, 04:36 PM

What would the BCE need with a nurse? They don't believe in health care.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I've asked you to show me where I am an admitted neo-con and you haven't been able to do that yet. ;)

LMMFAO.

I defy you to find ANYONE in here who'll admit to being a Neo-Con:D

We're all just a buncha nice guy Moderates in here. ;)

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:09 PM

;)

LMMFAO

What is it with you cons in here? :D

Y'all act like you haven't been laid since the Nixon Administration..

Us lefties enjoy debating and challenging Elly , while you and WarBOT can't help but hit on her.

And WarBOT is married.:confused:

That being said, she should just go ahead and show us her tits and get it over with. ;)

They always do eventually:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:14 PM
What would the BCE need with a nurse? They don't believe in health care.

Actually that's not entirely true.

The BCE believes in Health Care

For fat-cat Congressmen;)

Everyone else can die.:cool:

And The Patient's Bill of Rights?

You have the right to be billed.:rolleyes:

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Is that why Ted Kennedy is still alive?

Shit, I've always wondered about that...thanks Lounge.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Ted Kennedy is still alive because he never made a serious bid for The White House.

Otherwise there would have been 4 dead brothers.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 05:21 PM
He honestly gives me the fucking creeps.

Blech!

Warham
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Desire to fail?

LMAO

It's not so far-fetched.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
He honestly gives me the fucking creeps.

Blech!

I hear ya.

But WarBOT is mostly harmless.

Just don't answer any PMs from the guy. :cool:

Warham
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Us lefties enjoy debating and challenging Elly , while you and WarBOT can't help but hit on her.

And WarBOT is married.:confused:

Challenging Elly? LMAO!

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Challenging Elly? LMAO!

LMAO

Suck up harder, WarBOT....

she's putty in your hands.

[ just hurry, your wife will be home from work soon]

Warham
07-17-2006, 05:34 PM
LMAO

Suck up harder, WarBOT....

she's putty in your hands.

[ just hurry, your wife will be home from work soon]

Hey, at least I can keep a wife.

How much did you fork out after the dust settled?

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey, at least I can keep a wife.

How much did you fork out after the dust settled?

More than you've made in your life.

Divorce happens.

What's your point?

That somehow a 13 year marriage crumbling is funnier than you hitting on women on a message board?

LMAO.

I'm sorry if I hit a nerve. Go on. Best of luck with Elly, Warham;)

Warham
07-17-2006, 05:44 PM
More than you've made in your life.

Divorce happens.

What's your point?

That somehow a 13 year marriage crumbling is funnier than you hitting on women on a message board?

LMAO.

I'm sorry if I hit a nerve. Go on. Best of luck with Elly, Warham;)

You don't know how much money I make, so don't ASSume anything.

Another reason you look like an ass is that you have no comprehension between what a compliment is and what 'hitting on' somebody is, especially online.

Now that you've got more time on your hands, you might want to do some research.

You haven't hit any nerves with me. You just are totally clueless, so I have to educate you.

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey kids? Take it to: http://www.myspace.com/

diamondD
07-17-2006, 06:47 PM
LMMFAO.

I defy you to find ANYONE in here who'll admit to being a Neo-Con:D

Nice dodge, almost FORD-like. ;)

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
You don't know how much money I make, so don't ASSume anything.

so I have to educate you.

LMMFAO @ myspace.com :D

My assumption, WarBOT was based on 13 years of you earning at least 100K.

If I lowballed you, I apologize.

So by all means.......educate me :cool:

Can we all meet up later at Joe Thunder's myspace :D

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 06:55 PM

LMMFAO :D

Right back at ya with the Brianesque "find where I WHOLEHEARTEDLY supported the bush administration" ;)

Semantics, Shemantics. ;)

Let's agree on the following:

You don't wholeheartedly agree with the admin.

I didn't wholeheartedly agree with everything Clinton did.

You don't wholeheartedly agree with the war.

I don't wholeheartedly think everything has been a failure.

With a 1 being Loony tin-foil Left........and a 10 being Neo-Con Fox watching Right.........

I'm a 3-4, and you're a 5-6 mkay?

FORD is a 2

Warbot and Brie are solid 9's

And jkook11 can't count above 10 without removing his socks.

agreed?:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 06:57 PM

I'll take that compliment. ;)

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Whoa....Lounge/Warham leave me out of it.

Leave me out of the personal side of it altogether.

I've been having fun just being on the site without reference to whether I'm male or female other than when I talk about it.

Thanks.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 07:47 PM
You heard the Lady.

LMAO.

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm not kidding Lounge.

Ya'll can fight all you want but leave my name out of it. I've done nothing to get involved in any of this stuff.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm not kidding Lounge.

Ya'll can fight all you want but leave my name out of it. I've done nothing to get involved in any of this stuff.

Calm down, Ell.

It's a public message board.

If you think for one moment you can post your views and opinions, and even personal family anecdotes, and then dictate whom may or may not speak your name......

well, you're just delusional.

I warned you about WarBOT.;)

If I asked the board to not mention my name, could you possibly imagine the laughter that would ensue?

If anything, you're only being mentioned as a third party. I was laughing at the fact the Rightwingnuts in here who wear their "Family Values" on their sleeve can't help but hit on you.

You're not allowed a CHOICE according to them when it comes to your body, but they'll gladly like a chance to knock you up.:rolleyes:

I've enjoyed debating hard with you. And as a Mod in this Forum, I would make sure no one harrasses you or threatens you in any way.

But if you think you're somehow immune from people talking to or about you, then you're in the wrong place. You are prone to have the WarBOTS of the world suck up to you. It's a given.

With that being said, I will personally honor your wish and NEVER type your name again.

Feel better now? :cool:

Make that donation to The Red Cross yet?

;)

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 08:22 PM
I was laughing at the fact the Rightwingnuts in here who wear their "Family Values" on their sleeve can't help but hit on you.

Oh, so flirting with the opposite sex is below you ??

You're probably a closet homo anyway...:rolleyes:

You're not allowed a CHOICE according to them when it comes to your body, but they'll gladly like a chance to knock you up.:rolleyes:

So, according to you, a guy saying hello to a girl means he wants a chance to knock her up ??

Why did your woman leave you again ??

Nothing to do with your sexual preference, is it ??

LMAO!

Don't listen to this idiot, Elly...

he just wants a "chance to knock you up" just like the rest of us...

FORD
07-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Elvis, that was a very Un-Christian post. Do I have to get on the "Red Phone" and bring You Know Who in here?

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Saying hello?

Or posting your phone number, ELVIS?

LMMFAO

We all know she's too old, and the wrong sex for you.....

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Elvis, that was a very Un-Christian post. Do I have to get on the "Red Phone" and bring You Know Who in here?

Actually, it's pretty par-for-the-course for ELVIS' brand of, um...."Christianity"

His hypocritical cup runneth over :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Go back to PMing THUNDER ICON! Elvira...:D

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Of course, I'd marry her first and give her 80% of my income and half of my stuff...:D

Ellyllions
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Welp, this has officially become un-fun.

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Go back to PMing THUNDER ICON! Elvira...:D

:confused:

LMMFAO

God that makes perfect sense. :D

Nickdfresh
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM

Try posting some more pictures...

Northern Girl
07-17-2006, 08:43 PM

This is how every thread in this forum ends up.

I bet you thought it was about politics, didn't you? ;)

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Welp, .

'Stoffa? ;)

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Try posting some more pictures...

Rabble Rouser :D

LoungeMachine
07-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
This is how every thread in this forum ends up.

I bet you thought it was about politics, didn't you? ;)

I had no idea your read every thread in here. :rolleyes:

Northern Girl
07-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Now you know.

diamondD
07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Calm down, Ell.

It's a public message board.

If you think for one moment you can post your views and opinions, and even personal family anecdotes, and then dictate whom may or may not speak your name......

well, you're just delusional.

I warned you about WarBOT.;)

If I asked the board to not mention my name, could you possibly imagine the laughter that would ensue?

If anything, you're only being mentioned as a third party. I was laughing at the fact the Rightwingnuts in here who wear their "Family Values" on their sleeve can't help but hit on you.

I've enjoyed debating hard with you. And as a Mod in this Forum, I would make sure no one harrasses you or threatens you in any way.

But if you think you're somehow immune from people talking to or about you, then you're in the wrong place. You are prone to have the WarBOTS of the world suck up to you. It's a given.

With that being said, I will personally honor your wish and NEVER type your name again.

Feel better now? :cool:

Make that donation to The Red Cross yet?

;)

This is just ridiculously hypocritical. FORD hit on her first and just look at Nick's sig. :D ;)

Believe it or not, nobody really needs to be warned about anyone on here. It's a public message board and most of us are grown up enough to deal with it on our own terms.

ELVIS
07-17-2006, 11:07 PM
So, what's her name, anyway ??

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 12:39 AM
This is just ridiculously hypocritical. FORD hit on her first and just look at Nick's sig. :D ;)

Believe it or not, nobody really needs to be warned about anyone on here. It's a public message board and most of us are grown up enough to deal with it on our own terms.

LMAO

Exactly.

She makes comments like "I'm brunette, I like to read" and "Nick if I gave you a blow job it would be sex" and then cries foul when I make comments about Cons flirting with her.

Cathedral
07-18-2006, 12:58 AM

Some people just can't deal with rejection, sweetheart.
Don't fret it, they're harmless.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 01:06 AM
So, what's her name, anyway ??

It's not Billy or Markie......

so calm down:D

Cathedral
07-18-2006, 01:16 AM

Nice try, but i have a very good memory, and this picture, lol.
You've always been covert, buddy.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.gif

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:20 AM

Hey, get your own niche.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:21 AM
most of us are grown up

Are we reading the same message board? :confused:

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
LMAO

Exactly.

She makes comments like "I'm brunette, I like to read" and "Nick if I gave you a blow job it would be sex" and then cries foul when I make comments about Cons flirting with her.

If you want to impress her, just tell her it's cute that she has some political views and then she'll really love you. ;)

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm not kidding Lounge.

... heh ...

I think you lost that claim the first time you hit 'reply' in here. Besides, this is a refreshing change.

Usually they are all jizzing over FORD's latest conspiracy posts.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:29 AM
All right, well I think I've gotten in my 3.47 posts for today, see you all tomorrow.

diamondD
07-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Are we reading the same message board? :confused:

That's true. I forgot Lounge takes this all very seriously and he's doing important work in here. I guess that means he knows who needs warning about who in here, even when someone tells him to leave them out of his personal battles.

We can't be warned and told about the Warham menace enough. :rolleyes:

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Here's the deal pickles.

I'm as cool as the next person, I like to goof off, have fun and think a little while I'm at it. I didn't come into this message board flirting and flaunting just trying to have some good conversation and a little debate here and there.

BUT, I can say when and where my boundaries are. I'm not interested in the least when it comes to the high school drama of he said/she said bullshit or even your need to belittle each other. And last night, that's exactly what I was being drawn into. Now, I know for some there has to be some literal sentences pulled out of every single post and made to stand on accusation. Which is fine with me...shows your level of maturity.

I haven't received one private message since I've been posting here, and so far as I can tell no one has been "out-of-line" in a flirting way and I don't appreciate any kinds of banter of that sort when I'm not involved. If we're (meaning me involved) fucking off and just pushing each other around for fun, I'm all for that. But last night, there was a personal battle going on and I was being used. I call BULLSHIT to anyone who took any of my posts and turned them into anything that they weren't. Furthermore, posting on a messageboard doesn't make one fair game when it comes to your personal problems with a 3rd party.

If that's hard for anyone to understand or if you think you should take it upon yourself to carry this into other threads and make fun...you go right ahead (which I see has already happened). Yes this is a public message board and you can act as childish as you want. But, don't act "holier-than-thou" if I don't appreciate it. Honestly, I'll just ignore you and let you fizzle out on your own.

If you don't have enough ammo to carry on your little torches without involving me when I'm not involved, then you have no reason to involve me. AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ASK YOU NOT TO, public message board or not. I have went out of my way not to make enemies, not to be an ass, and not to lose my cool when I've been antagonized and I expect the same from you.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Oh but thanks for turning a perfectly good, somewhat sensible thread into the local Middle School playground at recess...

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 10:43 AM
All right, well I think I've gotten in my 3.47 posts for today, see you all tomorrow.

And may I say, another jobe well done. ;)

We don't like it when you push yourself, though. Remember that period last quarter where you were pushing 3.48 / 3.52 per day?

You'd come in all hung over and shit. We all had to pick up your slack.

Pace yourself, Doc.

And stop using so many towels in the Mod Washroom, will ya?

diamondD
07-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Great post. I hope you stick around. And very good point about levels of maturity. Doubt any of it sinks in, but ignore them. You're bringing too much common sense and logic into your posts, and it's a breath of fresh air in here.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks DiamondD. I'm not going to let anyone run me off.

But I'm not taking any shit either. I can play just as rough as these boys think they can.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Here's the deal pickles.

I'm as cool as the next person, I like to goof off, have fun and think a little while I'm at it. I didn't come into this message board flirting and flaunting just trying to have some good conversation and a little debate here and there.

BUT, I can say when and where my boundaries are. I'm not interested in the least when it comes to the high school drama of he said/she said bullshit or even your need to belittle each other. And last night, that's exactly what I was being drawn into. Now, I know for some there has to be some literal sentences pulled out of every single post and made to stand on accusation. Which is fine with me...shows your level of maturity.

I haven't received one private message since I've been posting here, and so far as I can tell no one has been "out-of-line" in a flirting way and I don't appreciate any kinds of banter of that sort when I'm not involved. If we're (meaning me involved) fucking off and just pushing each other around for fun, I'm all for that. But last night, there was a personal battle going on and I was being used. I call BULLSHIT to anyone who took any of my posts and turned them into anything that they weren't. Furthermore, posting on a messageboard doesn't make one fair game when it comes to your personal problems with a 3rd party.

If that's hard for anyone to understand or if you think you should take it upon yourself to carry this into other threads and make fun...you go right ahead (which I see has already happened). Yes this is a public message board and you can act as childish as you want. But, don't act "holier-than-thou" if I don't appreciate it. Honestly, I'll just ignore you and let you fizzle out on your own.

If you don't have enough ammo to carry on your little torches without involving me when I'm not involved, then you have no reason to involve me. AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ASK YOU NOT TO, public message board or not. I have went out of my way not to make enemies, not to be an ass, and not to lose my cool when I've been antagonized and I expect the same from you.

I think you're taking things a little too seriously. Don't worry about it so much. Everyone here harasses everyone else for the most part without exception in good natured fun (for the most part).

I'm sure you read Sarge's rules for posting when you registered.

Pretty simple, you hit 'reply' or 'new topic' and you're a target. It's just how things work around here. You're welcome to post all you want but I wouldn't expect any special treatment if I were you.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
And may I say, another jobe well done. ;)

We don't like it when you push yourself, though. Remember that period last quarter where you were pushing 3.48 / 3.52 per day?

You'd come in all hung over and shit. We all had to pick up your slack.

Pace yourself, Doc.

And stop using so many towels in the Mod Washroom, will ya?

Hey, I'm on vacation, what the hell, maybe I'll see if I can hit 3.55 this week.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
No special treatment being asked for.

Just asking to be left out of other people's drama. That's not too much to ask is it? I mean really...

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh but thanks for turning a perfectly good, somewhat sensible thread into the local Middle School playground at recess...

Ah, good, this thread is then a perfect fit for this forum and this message board. :D

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 12:50 PM

Just asking to be left out of other people's drama. That's not too much to ask is it? I mean really...

Not at all, and good luck avoiding it. Just don't pick a side in the next big flame war and the worst that will happen is you'll be called a fence-sitter. ;)

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I haven't picked sides yet.

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM

First of all, this place is made up of mostly thirty something men (with the exception of FORD) who follow David Lee Roth, so I'm a bit puzzled at what you seem to expect...

And while we can act like idiots and babies, we can also be serious and discuss a topic quite thoroughly...

Relax

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 02:39 PM
First of all, this place is made up of mostly thirty something men (with the exception of FORD) who follow David Lee Roth, so I'm a bit puzzled at what you seem to expect...

And while we can act like idiots and babies, we can also be serious and discuss a topic quite thoroughly...

Relax

I agree with ELVIS:confused:

Somebody kill me now......:D

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Any excuse is better than none I guess.

Here's to better days!

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Just asking to be left out of other people's drama.

Contradicting yourself within your own posts now.

You'll fit in fine. ;)

That's not too much to ask is it? I mean really...

Yes it is.

LMAO

And before you whine about me, just take note that every mod in here has pretty much said the same thing I have.

Thick skins and tit-for-tat are pretty much the uniform worn here.

Your honeymoon is over. Hope you enjoyed it.;)

Now you can perpetuate it, just like the rest of us......or you can rise above it and get back to debating the topics.

Just don't act so surprised when thread topics stray.

Mkay?:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Here's to better days!

:gulp:

I'll drink to that.

Hell, I'll drink to most anything :D

THE BCE
I agree with ELVIS:confused:

Somebody kill me now......:D

Ask and you shall receive.

Ellyllions
Fuck off Lounge.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Fuck off Lounge.

Ding:D

I won.

Okay, who had Tuesday at 11:45 a.m.?

LMAO

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by THE BCE
Ask and you shall receive.

Shouldn't you be busy funneling arms and money to Hezbollah?

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
<marquee>http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=19348&dateline=1151439653http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=19348&dateline=1151439653http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=19348&dateline=1151439653</marquee>

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I think this is the inevitable result of asking not for this to happen. You are immediately the target of attention. ;)

FORD
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
First of all, this place is made up of mostly thirty something men (with the exception of FORD)

:asshole:

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
LOL!
That doesn't piss me off!

If I didn't like the photo I wouldn't have used it as my avatar.

Try again boys...;)

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I got 13 more months...;)

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 05:58 PM
What? Are we having a piss-off Ellyllions contest?

Cathedral
07-18-2006, 06:03 PM

Here's to better days!

I think you made a mistake by showing people what agitates you.
At this point it will only get better if you grab those boot straps, pull them up, and then shove those boots up people's ass.

Lots of people have come and gone that didn't understand that the best thing to do in some cases is ignore people.
if you can't ignore people then jump in and bring your A-game.

It took me awhile to stop taking things too seriously because i'm the type of guy that confronts mouthy people face to face...THAT'S impossible to do on the internet, lol.

On the plus side, that has made my skin a little thicker in reality too.
It in essence lengthened and otherwise short fuse.

Personally, this site and one other one are all i visit. I've used them as therapy for years while dealing with some bad shit at home.
Now, when i seem to get bent it's a front, i could actually care less what many of the people here have to say.

I don't care at all what they think about me or what i post.

Once i get into a thread, time ticks away and i get further and further from the stuff that torments me that i am powerless to change.
Sure, it's still there when i get back to reality, but it's the break from the emotional action i'm after.

Remember this, It's just the internet, don't take it too seriously and you'll be just fine.

diamondD
07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I got 13 more months...;)

And it's the fastest 13 months of your life. :D

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:32 PM
What? Are we having a piss-off Ellyllions contest?

Yeah, and I guarantee she's loving every minute of it. :rolleyes:

Me thinks thou protests too much..... ;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:34 PM
And it's the fastest 13 months of your life. :D

Eh, embrace it.

I did.:D

40.......it's the new 30 ;)

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I think you made a mistake by showing people what agitates you.
At this point it will only get better if you grab those boot straps, pull them up, and then shove those boots up people's ass.

Lots of people have come and gone that didn't understand that the best thing to do in some cases is ignore people.
if you can't ignore people then jump in and bring your A-game.

It took me awhile to stop taking things too seriously because i'm the type of guy that confronts mouthy people face to face...THAT'S impossible to do on the internet, lol.

On the plus side, that has made my skin a little thicker in reality too.
It in essence lengthened and otherwise short fuse.

Personally, this site and one other one are all i visit. I've used them as therapy for years while dealing with some bad shit at home.
Now, when i seem to get bent it's a front, i could actually care less what many of the people here have to say.

I don't care at all what they think about me or what i post.

Once i get into a thread, time ticks away and i get further and further from the stuff that torments me that i am powerless to change.
Sure, it's still there when i get back to reality, but it's the break from the emotional action i'm after.

Remember this, It's just the internet, don't take it too seriously and you'll be just fine.

Seriously, thank you for the talk, but I'm fine. I'm not pissed off, I'm not angry, hell, I'm not even having my period. I'm just a firm believer in the adage that "you teach people how to treat you". I spent every weekend for 3 years with a band so I'm well aware of how careful you have to be about letting people know they're getting to you.

But there have to be boundaries.

I needed to make my case that I'm not a toy for flame wars. And I feel like I did that just fine. Other than that, the sky is the limit.

As far as I'm concerned, it's over. At this point, I'm getting nothing more than some good-natured ribbing.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
hmmm, I'm down for some ribbing, baby. Open wide.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not even sure if that makes sense.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 06:42 PM
:0

Thank you, but I think I'll respectfully decline.

But Happy Birthday!

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM

I spent every weekend for 3 years with a band so I'm well aware of how careful you have to be about letting people know they're getting to you.

What an odd non sequitor:confused:

Did she just want us to know she's "near the biz"` without being a blatant name-dropper?

Couldn't this point have been made in just about any context?

Weekends?

Who took the M-F shift? :D

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Check out this pic of Elly...

http://flag.blackened.net/ati/barbie.jpg

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
God....It was a cover band that my hubby was in.

Nowhere near "the biz"...

For Heavens Sake Lounge, you're really reaching at this point.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not even sure if that makes sense.

See what happens when you go over 3.37 per day?

We get this shit;)

You've always been a quality over quantity type, Doc. :D

Wait 'til Ell discovers you only post in your bathrobe.

Then all bets are off.

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 06:54 PM
What an odd non sequitor:confused:

Did she just want us to know she's "near the biz"` without being a blatant name-dropper?

Couldn't this point have been made in just about any context?

Weekends?

Who took the M-F shift? :D

Careful Lounge... she may know your true 80s rocker identity. Maybe she's one of those crazy groupies you just couldn't quite please...

Of course, good luck figuring out which one. Process of elimination will only take you so far. ;)

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 06:55 PM
See what happens when you go over 3.37 per day?

We get this shit;)

You've always been a quality over quantity type, Doc. :D

Wait 'til Ell discovers you only post in your bathrobe.

Then all bets are off.

Actually the bathrobe is in the laundry right now.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Check out this pic of Elly...

http://flag.blackened.net/ati/barbie.jpg

LMMFAO

You're such an agitator, E.

Next you'll be bringing the Elly jokes.........

You know, like.......

Why can't Elly take One - A Day Vitamins?

Because she can never remember the dosage.

See, THAT is just the immature crap we've become known for around here, And I for one will not stand for it. :D

diamondD
07-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Eh, embrace it.

I did.:D

40.......it's the new 30 ;)

Hasn't slowed me down a bit. :D

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Careful Lounge... she may know your true 80s rocker identity. Maybe she's one of those crazy groupies you just couldn't quite please...

Of course, good luck figuring out which one. Process of elimination will only take you so far. ;)

:lol:

diamondD
07-18-2006, 06:59 PM

Did you ever get thru Arkansas and meet Sweet Sweet Connie? ;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
God....It was a cover band that my hubby was in.

Nowhere near "the biz"...

For Heavens Sake Lounge, you're really reaching at this point.

Every weekend for three years?

Now who's reaching?;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Did you ever get thru Arkansas and meet Sweet Sweet Connie? ;)

Is your wife still talking about me?:D

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Hasn't slowed me down a bit. :D

I'm actually getting a second wind. :D

Now 50 on the other hand scares the bejesus outta me. :(

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Every weekend for three years?

Now who's reaching?;)

Ok, Mr. technicality...48 Weekends a year for 3 years...better?

Like you would even know...

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:06 PM
What was the topic of this thread again?

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Man, you old fucks are a real buzzkill on my birthday week.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, Mr. technicality...48 Weekends a year for 3 years...better?

Like you would even know...

Know what?:confused:

How much time you spent humping gear through the back door of Holiday Inns each weekend?

Jesus, lighten up like everyone keeps telling you.

Just admit it was at least slightly pretentious of you to sneak in the "hung with a band every weekend for 3 years" line to make your point.

You really hate getting called on something, huh.:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:12 PM

Said Mr. half-way to 50 :D

Hey, I have corns who are older than you :mad:

punk;)

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 07:13 PM
:(

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh dear GOD.
Who's being pretentious now? You're acting like I implied that it was even a "good" band...

And honestly, no I don't mind getting called out when the fucker calling me out has a clue as to what they're talking about. You, on the other hand, a complete stranger just trying to stir shit....well, that's just funny to me at best.

It's your ass hanging out babe, not mine. ;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM

We're just killing time until your bathrobe is dry. :cool:

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Oh dear GOD.
Who's being pretentious now? You're acting like I implied that it was even a "good" band...

Really?

When did I "act" like that :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you hung with a shitty band for 144 weekends ;)

Let me know when you want to get out of the Recess and back to your thread you were so proud of.....

Pot?

Kettle.

;)

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Surely, you can do better than that.

That wasn't even remotely comical.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
:(

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Oh dear GOD.

And honestly, no I don't mind getting called out when the fucker calling me out has a clue as to what they're talking about. You, on the other hand, a complete stranger just trying to stir shit....well, that's just funny to me at best.

It's your ass hanging out babe, not mine. ;)

Ooooooo, I'm tellin'!

You said your husband's band was not worthy of the implication of goodness!!!

You're gonna get in trouble!!!! :D

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Surely, you can do better than that.

That wasn't even remotely comical.

No, that's all I got :D

If you're looking for the funny, stick with Dr. Love and blueturk [intentionally funny]

Or WarBOT and ELVIS [ usually unintentionally funny]

I'm just having fun proving a point.

Don't look now, hun......but you've become what you complained about. ;)

Recess over?

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Ooooooo, I'm tellin'!

You said your husband's band was not worthy of the implication of goodness!!!

You're gonna get in trouble!!!! :D

See?

Now that's comedy :D

:lol:

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
She's welcome to stick with me as long as she doesn't mind using Dr. Love's Natural Brand AdhesiveŽ.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Can I now change the thread title to Lounge / Elly Conflict?

LMMFAO

FORD
07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh dear GOD.

So it wasn't a good band?

Are you Kari Hagar??

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
First, he knew that they sucked. But the more beer the patrons drank, the better the band got. Strange anomalie. But the groupies were plentiful.

And secondly, on the issue of becoming what I was complaining about? Who cares, I'm relaxed...going with the flow...just like I was told to.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:41 PM

And secondly, on the issue of becoming what I was complaining about? Who cares, I'm relaxed...going with the flow...just like I was told to.

Oh sure....

Now you do as you're told......;)

Good, Ell.

Glad to hear it.

Can I call you Ell?

Or do you prefer Kari?

LMAO@FORD

***editor's note***

Plentiful groupies for a shitty cover band is ELLspeak for "my hubby was a babe magnet, guys" :D

And the old, "the drunker you are, the better we sound" axiom is a myth.

Shitty is Shitty.:cool:

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
No, you're wrong.

By the 3rd set and the 5th Michelob + 1/2 doobie concoction..hell, some nights I was convinced they should go pro.

But then the house lights came up.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
No, you're wrong.

By the 3rd set and the 5th Michelob + 1/2 doobie concoction..hell, some nights I was convinced they should go pro.

But then the house lights came up.

No, I'm not.

They sucked, Ell.

It was the ganja talking. :p

If it takes 5 shitty beers to make a shitty band pallatable, then they suck.

Don't get defensive.

again:cool:

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't flatter yourself Lounge...you haven't affected me.

You're just learning where your boundaries are with me.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:50 PM

But the groupies were plentiful.

Okay...

For the record, hun.

Weekend cover bands don't have "groupies"

You're stretching it.

They have bar sluts and haus frau clingers.

I know you want to romanticize the period in your mind, but don't overdo it.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 07:53 PM

Don't flatter yourself Lounge...you haven't affected me.

LMMFAO

All evidence to the contrary. :D

Yet another self-contradiction within your own thread.

Tell me again what the topic is?:cool:

Guitar Shark
07-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Lounge... the weather outside is so lovely, eh?

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Nope....strangely still not affected.

But you get an A+ for effort if it makes you feel better.

Good boy!

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Lounge... the weather outside is so lovely, eh?

LMAO

Yes, counselor. Nice breeze off the water. :cool:

How's biz?;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm just trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be playing the part of The Muslim, or The Jew in this drama/thread

LMAO

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
One more page of this and I'm changing the title.

LMAO

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
It is fun.

I think we should call it Lounge's flamewar thread.

Hey, if ya can't stand up to any "real" people in the world, Lounge...I can see how quipping with people would give you give some solace. I mean, you're getting to tell someone off.

That's awesome for you man.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm cool with you changing it if you want to change it.

I give you permission.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
And I just thought of something else!

Lounge! You wanted me all to yourself didn't you? I can see it so clearly now! WOW! You were jealous that those other boys talked to me first weren't you.....oh, how sweet!

That's just PRECIOUS!

It's ok sweetie. You've got my undivided attention.

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
It is fun.

I think we should call it Lounge's flamewar thread.

Hey, if ya can't stand up to any "real" people in the world, Lounge...I can see how quipping with people would give you give some solace. I mean, you're getting to tell someone off.

That's awesome for you man.

LMMFAO

Feel better now?

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:14 PM

Lounge! You wanted me all to yourself didn't you? I can see it so clearly now! WOW! You were jealous that those other boys talked to me first weren't you.....oh, how sweet!

That's just PRECIOUS!

Damn.

Busted.

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Well....what do you want to talk about?

I'm listening...

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
OOH, good choice on the thread name.

I like it!

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm cool with you changing it if you want to change it.

I give you permission.

Let me know if/ when you'd like to change it back to the topic.

As real "flamewars" go in here, this was about a 1.3 on the richter scale.

Hardly a trembler.

Keep up the real posting though. You've added some good threads.

I was happy to be your first [but hardly last] Flame. ;)

Get used to it.:D

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:22 PM
OOH, good choice on the thread name.

I like it!

Thought you'd like it. ;)

Second choice?

Elly gets her cherry popped. :D

Figured that was pushing things. ;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Well....what do you want to talk about?

I'm listening...

The Muslims / Jews topic was good......;)

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
You guys done giving eachother reacharounds? ;)

LoungeMachine
07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
You guys done giving eachother reacharounds? ;)

I'm satisfied. ;)

How'd the judges score it?

[ Throwing out the East German Judge who has an anti-Winger bias]

Ellyllions
07-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Giving up already?

Dr. Love
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I think she's challenging your stamina and your manhood.

Little does she know you're able to compete in the womanhood category. ;)

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Wasn't this thread about something at one point ??

Cathedral
07-18-2006, 09:02 PM

That's just PRECIOUS!

YOU GO, GIRL!

This is exactly how you earn respect around here, you've earned mine.

Don't give an inch, but take a mile.

I'm proud of you...

diamondD
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Is your wife still talking about me?:D

I wasn't stupid enough to ever give away half of MY stuff. ;)

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 11:29 PM
YOU GO, GIRL!

Did you really just say that ??

http://www.94xfm.com/images/OPRAH.jpg

Cathedral
07-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Did you really just say that ??

http://www.94xfm.com/images/OPRAH.jpg

Um, uh, he did it ---------> :)

ELVIS
07-18-2006, 11:55 PM

Nickdfresh
07-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Um, uh, he did it ---------> :)

Geezus titty-fucking Khrist!!!:mad:

Cathedral
07-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Nick, pull the corn cobb out of your ass already, lol.

Dr. Love
07-19-2006, 12:35 AM
YOU GO, GIRL!

Hey Cat, don't forget your

http://armcandygirl.com/wp-content/celine-poulbot-purse.JPG

;)

Cathedral
07-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Hey Cat, don't forget your

http://armcandygirl.com/wp-content/celine-poulbot-purse.JPG

;)

Can't see anything, but it is apparently a purse, lol.

If it's red i'm all over it like Oprah in a buffet line.

LoungeMachine
07-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Dr, Love shops exclusively at armcandygirl.

LMAO

He loves their red pumps.

Dr. Love
07-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Dr, Love shops exclusively at armcandygirl.

LMAO

He loves their red pumps.

Hey, I gotta have some place to shop when it's your birthday. :p

jcook11
07-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Elly, your description of the conflict, or at least the religious side of it, is pretty much accurate. God's promise to Abraham was to make him a "father of many nations" and it was in that context that God gave this huge piece of land to Abe and his children. And since neither Ishmael or Isaac had been born yet at that point, then it's assuming facts not in evidence to say that God only meant ONE of Abe's kids.

Then there's the little fact that the handmaiden's name was Hagar. Is it possible that Sammy is descended from the Ishmael family line? I think it's safe to assume that Isaac is David Lee Roth's ancestor ;)

It would only figure....roy and his family fucking up something for 2000 years or more. :D