• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Ahmadinejad's Mideast Solution: Destroy Israel

August 03, 2006

In a speech during an emergency meeting of Muslim leaders in Malaysia, Ahmadinejad also called for an immediate cease-fire to end the fighting between Israel and the Iranian-backed group Hezbollah.

"Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented," Ahmadinejad said, according to state-run television in a report posted on its Web site Thursday.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev accused Ahmadinejad of trying to rally the region to support Iranian-backed Hezbollah.

"Our operation in Lebanon is designed to neutralize one of the long arms of Iran, Hezbollah," Regev said. "Hezbollah is their proxy, being used as an instrument of Teheran to advance their extremist agenda and the blow to Hezbollah is a blow to Iranian interests and a blow to all extremist Jihadist forces in the region.

Ahmadinejad called on all Muslim states to "cut their open and secret political and economic ties with the fake and outlawed Zionist regime" in response to its attacks against Lebanon.

He also urged Muslim states to "isolate" the United States and Britain for supporting Israel's military attacks against Lebanon.

Ahmadinejad also rejected deploying international forces on the Israeli-Lebanese border.

"Peace and security in Lebanon and its borders has to be preserved by the Lebanese government and people. Deployment of foreign forces is not acceptable in any shape unless it is just, based on U.N. rules and preserves the unity and territorial integrity of Lebanon," he said.

• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Where exactly does he say "destroy Israel?" I know some of the Fox correspondents are 'retarded' after watching "Fox & Friends" (aka undereducated, crappy journalists discussing issues they know absolutely nothing about).

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Where exactly does he say "destroy Israel?"
      "Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime..."

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Someone needs to remind Ahmadinejad that when you mess with a hornet's nest, you get stung repreatedly.

If he isn't taken out, and left to his agenda, he'll single handedly start a global nuclear war someday.

THAT man, is a loon, period.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Where exactly does he say "destroy Israel?" I know some of the Fox correspondents are 'retarded' after watching "Fox & Friends" (aka undereducated, crappy journalists discussing issues they know absolutely nothing about).
          I guess i'm stupid too then, I haven't seen any reports on this except for the one posted here and I knew what and who he was talking about.

And he has said, "Israel needs to be wiped off the map", so what's the problem, Nick?
          Has his opinion changed?
          Does he no longer want Israel wiped off the map?

If he had a nuke, or ever gets one, do you believe he won't try to do that promised wiping?

He's a loon, and he WILL be dangerous if left to his agenda.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            "Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime..."
            No Elvis, I know you are a little "slow." But, that is not the same thing as "destroy Israel." More alarmist, spin-ridden yellow journalism...

Incidentally, haven't we called for the "elimination" of his regime?

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Shut the fuck up, dumbass...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wow, the angry druggie fuckwit in harecutt emerges.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                  I guess i'm stupid too then, I haven't seen any reports on this except for the one posted here and I knew what and who he was talking about.

And he has said, "Israel needs to be wiped off the map", so what's the problem, Nick?
                  Has his opinion changed?
                  Does he no longer want Israel wiped off the map?

If he had a nuke, or ever gets one, do you believe he won't try to do that promised wiping?

He's a loon, and he WILL be dangerous if left to his agenda.
                  I don't recall him ever saying those words actually, and he certainly didn't say Israel must be "destroyed" in this article. It's more sensationalist hyperbole. There is a clear difference between a regime and a country. He did deny the Holocaust and of course he hates Israel. But half of his statements are for domestic consumption, and he stirs up shit because Persian Iran wants to become a lead player in the Arab Middle East. The problem is that Persians and Arabs like each other as about as much as they like the Jews. Arab regimes are skeptical of Iran's support for Hezbollah, and most are off the record of acknowledging Israel's right to hit back (but not to the bloody extent they have).

And no, I don't think if he gets a nuke, he's going to fire it at Israel, since they have possibly several hundred to send back. A case in point is that Iran has had chemical weapons for over 20-years. The last time they used them was on Iraqi Arabs, not on Israelis. So why would they use nuclear weapons? And it's arguable how much power this douche actually even has. Some say he's largely been defanged, and the religious council, worried that he's an incompetent asshat, have effectively taken over power, leaving him as little more than a figure head.
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-03-2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Bush never said "suck it" to cancer victims either, but did anyone nitpick on that?

There's discussing a subject, then there's just looking for something to argue about.

This guy has said more than once that Israel should be destroyed. And I didn't even read it or hear it from Fox, so save your breath.
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                      Bush never said "suck it" to cancer victims either, but did anyone nitpick on that?

I'm not a journalist, nor do I have pretensions of being one.

There's discussing a subject, then there's just looking for something to argue about.

This guy has said more than once that Israel should be destroyed. And I didn't even read it or hear it from Fox, so save your breath.

But it is an issue. It's irresponsible writing, to make up headlines to twist a guy's words like that in a news story being submitted. Most people just gloss over headlines anyway, and they're getting an exaggerated sense of threat. He called for a cease-fire for fucks sake, not "the destruction of Israeli."

**edit** He's throwing in the "Zionism sucks" rant as a way to save face while calling for a cessation of hostilities.
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-03-2006, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This guy has said more than once that Israel should be destroyed...
                        He probably did, although I like to see exact quotes for the purpose stated above.

But it's funny, Iran calling for the destruction of Israel is sort of like Cuba calling for the destruction of the United States.

They couldn't even destroy Hussein's Iraq.

Comment

• diamondD
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Doesn't mean he's not keeping the whole region enflamed with this talk.
                          Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Doesn't mean he's not keeping the whole region enflamed with this talk.
                            What's keeping the whole region inflamed is the fact that Israel and their client agency PNAC keep invading, bombing, and bullying Muslim countries.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

LMMFAO

Where's all of the Neo-Con outrage now about how "the level of debate has been lowered" in this forum?

Here is more of the same, from our resident "Christian Family Values" spokesmodel.

ELVIS, you're a fraud. A sham. A hypocrite.

and on that note......
                              you can go fuck yourself in the ass.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...