X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The BCS Title Game

When it is all said and done, you can't have Michigan in the game without a playoff for them to prove they are better than the rest.

Florida won the SEC title...Michigan won squat.

Now...if Michigan had a shot to play a game to get in it...it's a different story...

there should be a +1...or a tournament...

especially in a year like this...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

That being said...Florida has moved ahead of Michigan in the coaches poll...

they are probably ahead of them in the computers...it's going to be Florida...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Florida please, only because I'd love to see Michigan/USC in the Rose Bowl!

I'm of the opinion that Ohio St. would beat anyone at this point, it's their year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

It's interesting...this year is another one of those years where a Playoff system is needed...

I DO think that the NCAA is setting up for a +1...

with the Fiesta and the BCS Title game in the same place this year...

no bowl game for the BCS title game...

I really think it's the NCAA trying to test what it will be like in Glendale...we'll see...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

It would be really interesting if you could take the top 4-8 teams this year...

I had them ranked...

#1 OSU
          #2 Michigan
          #3 Florida
          #4 Louisville
          #5 Wisconsin
          #6 LSU
          #7 USC
          #8 Boise State

Outside looking in

Big 12 champ Okie
          ACC Champ Wake
          Notre Dame

would have been interesting...

you have the 2 undefeateds meeting in the first round...
          you have your Michigan USC in the FIRST ROUND!
          you have Florida playing LSU...
          and Louisville Wisconsin...

OSU/BS plays the winner of Louisville/Wisconsin

Mich/USC plays the winner of LSU/Florida...

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Rumor has it, It's Florida.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

We'll find out very soon. What a shitty game that's going to be, Florida has absolutely no chance at all against Ohio St.

Enjoy USC/Michigan, that's going to be a great game.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

There ya go, OSU/Florida for the marbles....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Florida it is, now the fucking SEC whiners can stop saying their teams always get shafted. When they lose this game by 4 touchdowns, hopefully we won't hear from this again. Even I'm an Ohio St. fan for that one.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

lmfao...EVERYONE AGAINST THE SEC!!!!

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Fuck the SEC, I mean you hear Arkansas fans whining how they didn't beat USC because McFadden didn't play. It was 50-7 until the last two minutes you fags....What was he going to play defense as well as score 7 TD's himself? LMAO!

I would though like to see LSU humiliate Notre Dame though, so that the BCS can see how stupid is giving Notre Dame an invite again that they don't deserve.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

LSU WILL humiliate Notre Dame because if there was a playoff, LSU might win the whole thing. I think they are playing better than anyone RIGHT NOW, with the possible exception of Ohio State...
                        "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• houseofpain
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2005

Boomer Freaking Sooner!

Who would have thought we'd win the Big XII?

Thank you A&M and KSU!
                          EAT US AND SMILE!
                          LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
                          DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think this year has shown how ridiculous the current B(C)S system is! You have Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin, Louisville, and hell, even fucking Boise St. all with 11-1 records, and Florida gets into the dance? What really makes Florida any better than any of these other teams, other than someone's opinion? Most of the other one loss teams could probably manhandle Florida, and Michigan would whoop them like a red headed stepchild! The system is seriously flawed, and they need to come up with something different. I'll tell you right now, nothing they come up with is going to work other than a playoff system. Championships should be decided on the field, not in the polls, and not by some lame computer rankings system. Sure, the current system supposedly pits the best two teams in college football and then it is decided on the field, but I take issue with how the two teams that play for the Championship are determined. The current system really isn't much better than the old polls system when you get right down to it...a part of the system is still subjective like the polls system, and it is that aspect which determined the final matchup this season. When the system has worked, it has worked beautifully, but it hasn't worked more often than it has...when there's odd seasons like this one where you have one unbeaten team and several one loss teams, it tends to fuck things up and expose the system's flaws. I have believed for the longest that Division I needs a playoff system. Everyone else in football from all the other divisions in NCAA to the NFL to the Arena League and NFL fucking Europe have a playoff system but Division I college football. Why? Because they are afraid of losing the bowls? There is a way of creating a Division I playoff system without losing the bowl games, just by simply using the bowl games for playoff games.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

So..what are the chances THIS YEAR finally becomes the last straw??
                              Next year( or within a year or two) they change the system.
                              Any chance this ever happens??

Comment

Working...