X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So I watched "Sicko" tonight.......

Yeah, sue me MPAA. I managed to get a hold of a copy of Michael Moore's "Sicko" today and I watched it tonight with intentions of posting my full review.

The thing is, I can't. Because anything I say will give away too much of the story, and this story is one that MUST be seen in order to fully realize the impact that it is having on our country.

Mark my words, this movie will piss you off. It will depress you. It may send some of you so deeply into denial that your heads will have to be surgically removed from your asses, and then you might take a more personal stake in the whole thing anyway.

Hopefully, it will make you think. And ask yourself, and later others, some damn serious questions.

See the damn movie. No excuses. The one thing you will definitely NOT be, is bored.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i would be because i could care less what michael moore says, along with whatever conservative version that proves him wrong. bc politics are gay, and people take this shit too seriously
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You can't take the subject of this movie seriously enough. And it goes beyond "politics".

Far beyond.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i dont know the subject, nor do i really care bc it is politics and it is BS and it is biased and it is not effecting my life.

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How can you say the fucked up state of the health care system in this country has no effect on your life.

Guess what.... you're 19. Assuming you DON'T go in the military, you still start dying at age 20 like everyone else. Slowly, granted..... but inevitable.

Hell yes it affects you. And I'm assuming you have parents. And if they're still fairly young, then you probably have grandparents as well. How are they doing?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
            i would be because i could care less what michael moore says, along with whatever conservative version that proves him wrong. bc politics are gay, and people take this shit too seriously
            Dude, "SicKo" received a positive review from FOX NEWS! Exactly because the film ISN'T partisan and takes aim at Hillary Clinton in particular...

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by FORD
              How can you say the fucked up state of the health care system in this country has no effect on your life.

Guess what.... you're 19. Assuming you DON'T go in the military, you still start dying at age 20 like everyone else. Slowly, granted..... but inevitable.

Hell yes it affects you. And I'm assuming you have parents. And if they're still fairly young, then you probably have grandparents as well. How are they doing?

well i smoke a pack a day and if i have a problem later in life i will have helth insurance for that. fuck social health care i dont want to sit in the waiting room for days to been seen

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Dude, "SicKo" received a positive review from FOX NEWS! Exactly because the film ISN'T partisan and takes aim at Hillary Clinton in particular...
                thats suprising, well i still wont check it out. well maybe when i can rent itl. i watch just about every thing that is for rent

blockbuster online baby

Comment

• matt19
                  Sniper
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                  well i smoke a pack a day and if i have a problem later in life i will have helth insurance for that. fuck social health care i dont want to sit in the waiting room for days to been seen
                  Thats the attitude to have! Why dont you bump it up to 2 packs a day? Then when you are in the waiting room for four days, see a doctor and have to pay out your ass, you'll realise how the health care system is competely fucked.
                  Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• vh rides again
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by matt19
                    Thats the attitude to have! Why dont you bump it up to 2 packs a day? Then when you are in the waiting room for four days, see a doctor and have to pay out your ass, you'll realise how the health care system is competely fucked.
                    goddamn, dont your employers offer health insurance?

Comment

• matt19
                      Sniper
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by vh rides again
                      goddamn, dont your employers offer health insurance?
                      Oh ya mine do, but its still bullshit how some people can't even afford co-pays for their kids, and prescriptions are getting out of hand.
                      Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• Roy Munson
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I'm sure it's clever editing as usual.
                        Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I guess you're right...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Roy Munson
                          I'm sure it's clever editing as usual.
                          It would be hard to edit what millions of Americans experience with the fucked up healthcare system every day. He would be called out on it immediately.

This isn't Farenheit 9/11 where so much of what the Bush family has done in the dark was questioned.

I saw a television show w/ Moore doing a thing on Humana Healthcare..how a young man who had pancreatic cancer was denied coverage by these theives.

At one time United Healthcare had hundreds of thousands of unpaid claims that were redirected back to the policyholders due to "improperly filled out claims" by the hospitals and doctors...They are notorious for ignoring claims and not paying up, making you the policyholder responsible for 100% of payment until they resubmit this and that, only to fuck it up (purposely) again. It affects your credit, because the billing dept. wastes no time submitting unpaid claims to collection agencies. This was in the state of Ohio alone.

These are the same fucks who years ago denied my 12 day old son coverage because he couldn't breathe. According to their own rules, you have 30 days to add newborns to your policy to be covered after the birth, and because he wasn't added IN 12 DAYS they wanted to try and fuck ME around. I don't fuck around like that.

Never deal with the brokers,it's their job to drag ass and save the company money. Fucking hacks. Deal directly with the company.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Never think that you will always have health insurance.

If something goes wrong with your job...and it happens...just look around...the first thing to go is your health insurance.

To think after starting a family and getting mortgaged up that you will have no problem maintaining health insurance if a crunch comes is abusrd.
                            Some can do it...alot can not.

Socialized healthcare is expensive...but worth it.
                            If not just for you think of the other people in your country...not everyone is fortunate.

Our system needs repair but is worth every tax dollar I put in.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

fuck off frod.

Michael Moo-re's lies by ommissions train left the station. You can jump aboard and go around in that circle again. Not me.

His garbage isn't worth the bandwidth, time or hard drive space downloading.
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...