PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Disappointed Obama 'Waded Into Local Issue'

WARF
07-23-2009, 04:20 PM
BOSTON -- The police officer who arrested Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his Cambridge home last week told his side of the story on WEEI Thursday morning.

Sgt. James Crowley, who arrested the Harvard s cholar as he was trying to budge open his broken front door, spoke out on "The Dennis and Callahan" morning show about the incident and about President Barack Obama's comment that the Cambridge Police Department acted "stupidly."

"He is the president of the United States. I support the president to a point. I think it's disappointing that he waded into what should be a local issue," Crowley said. "I think it was very disappointing."

A lawyer for the Cambridge Superior Officers association told ABC that the president was "dead wrong to malign this police officer specifically and the department in general."

Alan McDonald defended the police department, saying it is "dedicated to non-discrimination."

"It was inappropriate to use the situation to implicate the history of racism in America. This had nothing to do with race and everything to do with Gates' behavior," McDonald said.

Crowley said when he first encountered Gates on the day of the arrest, he asked Gates to step outside of the home because a witness reported seeing more than one person trying to gain access to the home and that he feared for his safety.

"I have to go home at night. I have three beautiful children and a wife who depend on me," Crowley said.

Crowley said that Gates refused to step outside the home, so he then asked Gates if there was anyone else in the home."I wanted to know if there was anyone else there. 'Are you there by yourself?'" Crowley said.

The officer said that Gates did not look like a person who would break into a home, but the tone of his voice was "peculiar" as he was responding to Crowley's questions.

"He said, 'I live here.' When I asked for ID, he asked for my ID," Crowley said. "If that is all the guy needs to comply with my reasonable request, I will show it to him."

Gates walked into his kitchen and supplied Crowley with his Harvard identification card, not his driver's license, according to the officer. Crowley said that Gates was arrested after the Harvard professor followed him out of the house and "continuing the tirade after being warned a number of times."

"He was cautioned in the house -- 'Calm down. Lower your voice,'" Crowley said. "There are so many things in this incident that keep me scratching my head. I was not aware of who Professor Gates was. I was amazed that someone of his intelligence could stoop to such a level and berate me and accuse me of being a racist."

Gates has demanded an apology, but Crowley said that he "certainly would not" be apologizing.

When asked if there was anything he'd do differently, Crowley said no and joked that he'd "maybe take the fire test instead of the police test."

FORD
07-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Once Professor Gates established his own identity and the fact that he owned the house, the police really had no legitimate purpose being there. They did, indeed, act stupid (and arguably racist)

WARF
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm not really into politics, but this story has me livid. I first and foremost, would like to say that I have Crowleys' side 100%, and President Obama looked like a jackass making comments about this situation, without any knowledge of the events that unfolded. I am so fucking sick of the fucking Race card being pulled everytime a Black man gets arrested. This story would be totally irrelevant if it was a WHITE person breaking into his own home... but here we go again... if a black person is asked for ID or questioned about anything the officer asks following Standard operating procedure... the cop has to obviously be a racist. Personally I think Gates got off lucky... if I had it my way... I would taken out the fucking nightstick... or better yet beat the dickens out of him with his own fucking cane!!!

But i'm a harvard proffesor...

Oh.... I DEMAND an apology?

Why?? Because you're black???

How come the racist black people can say whatever they want to white people and get away with it everyday???

WARF
07-23-2009, 04:44 PM
As most of you already know, I am a registered Democrat and Voted for Obama as well.

But this story really pisses me off!

FORD
07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Race was probably part of it, but not the only part. A cop harrassed a man, and arrested him, in his own house, even though he had firmly established his identity.

I had a cop threaten to arrest me for being drunk in my own house back in 1988. I wasn't driving, or providing alcohol to minors (if there were any there, they brought their own) or anything like that.

Worst part is, I went to school with this fucking cop. When he asked me for my ID, I looked him right in the eye and said "Andy, you have known me since the goddamned fourth grade. If you're old enough to be a graduate of the police academy, then you know I'm old enough to buy beer.

He didn't really have an argument for that one.

And for the record, I'm white, the cop was Asian, and my black friend was hiding in another room.

WARF
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
It appears Gates is more racist towards white people!

He was giving the cop an attitude from the beginning...

Then he is still mouthin off after he left and followed him outside ranting and raving???

It's not about skin color...

It's about Gates' acting like a asshole and showing no respect for law enforcement...

Yeah... he may have been tired from a plane trip...

or in a bad mood.... but he acted like an asshole to police....

And deserved what he got....

I don't care if his skin is green... orange... blue... white... yellow...

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I just love the "righteous anger" of the Angry White Man. Perhaps when you get fucked with because of your colour then you might understand why it's a big deal. It may be the 21st century and Obama may be pres but just how well do different people get along in the real world? Perhaps those kids at the pool were delusional when they heard people talking about them.

WARF
07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I just love the "righteous anger" of the Angry White Man. Perhaps when you get fucked with because of your colour then you might understand why it's a big deal. It may be the 21st century and Obama may be pres but just how well do different people get along in the real world? Perhaps those kids at the pool were delusional when they heard people talking about them.

This has NOTHING to do with race!
Either did the OJ Simpson murders...
But when all else fails... USE THE RACE CARD!!!

But who the hell knows...

Maybe Gates and the cop are BOTH racists....

I'm not inside either one of their heads...

I think Obama acted like an "idiot" for automatically taking his friend or a BLACK MANS side... before even self admittingly not knowing the facts first...

It looks like everytime a black person gets a paper cut... the president will come running to rescue.... IT WAS A WHITE PERSON WHO HANDED ME THE PAPER!! LOL

Anyways... President Obama still has my full support as President... I just needed to vent a little bit on this subject...

Igosplut
07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Once Professor Gates established his own identity and the fact that he owned the house, the police really had no legitimate purpose being there. They did, indeed, act stupid (and arguably racist)

From what I see of the facts it's mostly his fault. Cops asked him to come outside and identify himself and he immediatly went into a tirade about being profiled (and not IDing himself) right off. Plus, they didn't bust him for B&E, it was for disorderly (I.E. not doing what is asked) All he had to do was show the proper ID (MA drivers license/ID card NOT other forms) then all's well. In MA you can get locked up JUST for not showing ID when the cops ask (state law)

Let me ask you this....Should the cops have just taken his word (and not the proper ID they asked for that he was all on the up an up?? This all smacks of an self-entitled asshole who has never had any (bad) encounters with the police. He wasn't in charge of the situation and was deeply insulted that they wouldn't take him at face value. Hell, that kind of treatment is for the unwashed masses not a man of his stature! Nothing smacks of bullshit to a cop more than somebody in a questionable situation that can't (or better wording won't) explain it calmly and produce what is asked for....

Igosplut
07-23-2009, 05:16 PM
And he should have been GLAD they showed up that fast......

WARF
07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I wonder if Crowley was a racist.... when he had his lips on Reggie Lewis when his heart stopped beating...

Igosplut
07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Read ThIS PAGE (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html) of the officers police report. Then tell me who's fault you think it is....

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
From that article he did show the cop his ID. The "tirade" began after that. So it's the volume and tone that got him arrested after repeated warnings. The question is would that cop have given a white person a hard time as this. Is there not a history of the police being worse with minorities or is that perhaps a conspiracy? Do most white people just have a habit of complying immediately and not being upset in these situations, or would cops have behaved differently in that scenario?

Edit: ok from the report Gates looks like an asshole...

Igosplut
07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
It (whole article) states from the time the cops arrived on the scene and started to ask him questions he yelled back repeatedly "You don't know who you're messing with, because I'm a black man in America, ect". Obviously he was pissed they even had the nerve to question him. The guys just a self entitled asshole.

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I agree. I edited my post.

FORD
07-23-2009, 05:46 PM

And the kids were probably delusional when they told the cops that you offered them candy if they got in your van with no windows, right Pedobear?

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
What a tubelight, you discover days ago who I was and you come out asking me this stuff now. Why not use your JC nick to make yourself sound even more moral? :rolleyes:

WARF
07-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I've been gone for over a month... who is Dolemite??

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:53 PM
The one and only Andy Taylor. Dolemite motherfucker!

standin
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
The Harvard professor should be held to a higher standard. In addition, visual IDs are not always good representations of what a person looks like at that moment in time. The behavior patterns of a professor would come into play. I do think the professor was racially motivated in his aspiration of actions. The officer had every expectation of a Harvard professor behaving in certain manors. If any claim would be applied here, it would be working class and academic. Academics can be expected behave in certain patterns, patterns that the professor did not exhibit. The professor provided an visual ID from the very dwelling that had been breached. This was only indirect evidence that the ID was of a person that lived there or was authorized at one point to be in the home.

I understand and can relate to being expected to behave in certain mannerisms of class; furthermore, I understand the tensions of working class and academic town environments. The professors racially motivated behavior, very well could have escalated this from a review of identity, to a detainment, to a sort this out later ride down town booking or inappropriate behavior choices have been made.

Necessarily being a Harvard professor should not entail more privilege, but it does often bring scrutiny of property and person. Professor's homes are a higher crime risk due to the intellectual intelligence risk, such as finals, research work, and computer data breaching.

The Professor had he no reason to doubt his place should not have become so excitable.

Oh... and just for that $145 ticket remembrance..... Damn it the hell! :D
I said that too, I was saying damn and fuck a lot when I was detained; I crossed the officer's tolerance level when I said. G. damn it. I sat very quietly, in the back of the patrol car and prayed he was going to let me go and not cost me the money it costs to get out of jail. I am for all means to look at white and the officer was white. I was being uppity and disrespectful to a professional, which quite honestly, did not need my extra stress and shenanigans considering his daily job description. I was in the wrong.

WARF
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh Jesus....

Why is the song RIO now stuck in my head...

I think there is a registered sex offender browsing the forums....

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM

Probably is.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/main-vh-dlr-discussion/21090-would-you-ever-bang-michael-anthonys-daughter-s.html

WARF
07-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Probably is.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/main-vh-dlr-discussion/21090-would-you-ever-bang-michael-anthonys-daughter-s.html

The sad part is I was making a joke... you're probably into that shit for real!

Now go back into your bathroom stall... the glory hole awaits you!!

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
The sad part is I was making a joke...

Sure you were.

WARF
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Sure you were.

Yeah, thanks for diggin' up my classic thread!

I still think it's pretty damn funny!!!

It's funny you started posting here again in the summer time....

You must have alot of spare time... since Elementary school is out....

FORD
07-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh Jesus....

Why is the song RIO now stuck in my head...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dIpGMe7YWA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dIpGMe7YWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WARF
07-23-2009, 06:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dIpGMe7YWA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dIpGMe7YWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Killer cover!

Better than the Live Nirvana version from Brazil....

Nickdfresh
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm not really into politics, but this story has me livid. I first and foremost, would like to say that I have Crowleys' side 100&#37;, and President Obama looked like a jackass making comments about this situation, without any knowledge of the events that unfolded. I am so fucking sick of the fucking Race card being pulled everytime a Black man gets arrested. This story would be totally irrelevant if it was a WHITE person breaking into his own home... but here we go again... if a black person is asked for ID or questioned about anything the officer asks following Standard operating procedure... the cop has to obviously be a racist. Personally I think Gates got off lucky... if I had it my way... I would taken out the fucking nightstick... or better yet beat the dickens out of him with his own fucking cane!!!

But i'm a harvard proffesor...

Oh.... I DEMAND an apology?

Why?? Because you're black???

How come the racist black people can say whatever they want to white people and get away with it everyday???

The Harvard Prof. claims that when asked to furnish his ID, he complied, and the officer followed him into his own home (he leases from Harvard). That's when he claims he lost it, and I fuckwell would have too! Who is a cop to barge into someone's property? Sgt. Crowley was wrong and infringed not just on his civil rights, but on the man's, and all of our, basic civil liberties...

WARF
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
The Harvard Prof. claims that when asked to furnish his ID, he complied, and the officer followed him into his own home (he leases from Harvard). That's when he claims he lost it, and I fuckwell would have too! Who is a cop to barge into someone's property? Sgt. Crowley was wrong and infringed not just on his civil rights, but on the man's, and all of our, basic civil liberties...

Gates let Sgt. Crowley inside his residence, and besides that.... he was responding to a breaking and entering call.

Crowleys' Report (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html)

Nickdfresh
07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Gates let Sgt. Crowley inside his residence, and besides that.... he was responding to a breaking and entering call.

Crowleys' Report (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html)

That's not what Gate's claimed. Gate's said that he went inside to get his wallet, and Crowley followed him inside without permission...

standin
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Permission is not needed to enter an open door. There must be some sort of barrier. If the person being questioned goes to retrieve an object, observation of retrieving object would be expected, especially a person being question at a B&E. A B&E occurred; no matter if or if not the B&E was committed by the occupant.

Blackflag
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
You may know from previous posts that I'm generally not a fan of the police... but, there's obviously a dispute about the facts here. None of us knows what happened at this point. And for the president to comment at this point is just bizarre. Inappropriate pandering.

And, I'm sure there are any number of people that got their rights violated by the cops around the country this week...but this one gets the president's special attention. Why? Because it's Harvard? Suck my dick.

FORD
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Nobody's blaming the cop for responding to the call. But once Gates' identity as the lawful resident of the home was established, then there was no reason for the officer to continue to be there.

If somebody is in my home without cause, badge or not, they're gonna hear from me about it.

Blackflag
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Gate's

Blackflag
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Permission is not needed to enter an open door.

Did you read this on wikipedia?

I'm pretty sure I can leave my door open without people walking in on me, d-bag.

standin
07-23-2009, 06:48 PM
It is Haaaavard, Dear Blackie, It is Haaaavard.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dYsn92nKuA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dYsn92nKuA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

standin
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Did you read this on wikipedia?

I'm pretty sure I can leave my door open without people walking in on me, d-bag.

People to an extent, may be considered trespassing if given previous warning.
However, you are incorrect. Leave an entrance obstructed and you cannot have expectation of a boundary. A person that does not enter the dwelling, has no interest or is being polite.

Moreover, LEO has a different set of laws to follow when dealing with what is and is not a boundary that can be crossed.

Blackflag
07-23-2009, 06:57 PM
You and Nickipedia should start an internet law firm and name it Misinformation & Bullshit, LLP.

standin
07-23-2009, 07:07 PM
You know, Blackie. Leave your door open and complain to another about wandering people.

But know this, when dealing with an LEO that might have undue or due interest in you. If you go out of the home, close the door behind you. If for what ever reason an LEO is has been called to your residence he may pass through reasonable opening to in due coarse of his business.

standin
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
You know, I finally read the report.

Why did he not simply call maintenance to open his door for him. That is odd. Of course him breaking into a maintained residence would be unusual. And if the Harvard was not maintaining the home. Why would he not call his own locksmith to gain access to his home instead of busting down the front door? Odd behavior.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
You and Nickipedia should start an internet law firm and name it Misinformation & Bullshit, LLP.

Oh my, LMFAO. Look at selectively 'libertarian' douchebag go.

Rights only matter when it's about money, right?

Baby's On Fire
07-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Race was probably part of it, but not the only part. A cop harrassed a man, and arrested him, in his own house, even though he had firmly established his identity.

I had a cop threaten to arrest me for being drunk in my own house back in 1988. I wasn't driving, or providing alcohol to minors (if there were any there, they brought their own) or anything like that.

Worst part is, I went to school with this fucking cop. When he asked me for my ID, I looked him right in the eye and said "Andy, you have known me since the goddamned fourth grade. If you're old enough to be a graduate of the police academy, then you know I'm old enough to buy beer.

He didn't really have an argument for that one.

And for the record, I'm white, the cop was Asian, and my black friend was hiding in another room.

Why was your black friend hiding in another room. Did you have special plans for hide and seek.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Why was your black friend hiding in another room. Did you have special plans for hide and seek.

Nicole's "real" killer?

And his dogfighting ring...

Big Train
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm on the cops side. He followed procedure and was calm. The guy has no right to be harrassing himself of the officer. The officer could have seen Gate's aggression as possibly becoming physical. Whether you feel it's right or wrong, he is within his rights at that point to arrest him for safety reasons alone.

For those looking for the stereotypical "racist cop" angle, Crowley is a bad example. The man has taught racial profiling classes to cadets in Lowell for the last five years. He was at Brandeis when Len Bias died in the early 90's, administering CPR.

As a Boston native I know this. He is a Cambridge cop. If it were Somerville or South Boston or Roxbury or Mattapan, I'd be more suspect of the cop. Cambridge is THE most PC place in the city and the most likely to have it's officers jump through hoops in situations like this. I get a laugh everytime I go there to visit friends. There are signs all over the city saying "This is a domestic violence free zone" (my friend says the signs cost 180k). As if you went to the store to get some milk, walked by it and thought" oh yea, domestic violence free zone. I was gonna pop the old lady in the head, but then this sign set me straight".

FORD
07-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Nah, he was baked and didn't want to talk to any cops. :biggrin:

Baby's On Fire
07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I like to hope that's true...it's probably bullshit, but for my own sanity I'll pretend I believe you.

The alternative is just too horrifying to me

Kristy
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM

I don't know if it's "racist" what Crowley did in arresting Gates but by reading his statement, Crowley obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed to milk a cliche.

On the other hand is always a must too remember to NEVER let a cop inside of your house unless they have

1.) A warrant

Other than that by Constitutional Law, the police have no business being in your home.

Unless you called them there to report a crime scene (i.e., being robbed, house vandalism, that kind of deal), cast a complaint, or are being questioned from previous business with them it's more than wise to never, ever let a cop past your front door.

Reasons are well....they're cops! Usually when they come to your home say when someone complains about your loud stereo or whatever and you let them in from that moment on they're gathering information about you looking for something, anything they can either arrest or write a summons for. And they really don't need much of a excuse, either. Say if you love to cook and have green spices lying around they can arrest and search your home for reason of suspicion simply because oregano looks too much like the real thing.

True story: about three years ago I went to the aid of a severely depressed - and suicidal - friend who I believe was seriously going to waste himself. Naturally the police were called and when they showed up (3 squad cars, mind) one of the officers stayed with him as the other two roamed around the house going from room to room. When I had asked them what they were doing they told me this obvious bullshit: "Oh, we're just looking for objects so that he doesn't hurt himself with them." Really? I thought. The cop that stayed with him was in the kitchen where a maple block of butcher knives were in his reach.

When I told them they had no spoken permission to roam in the house is when they became antagonistic with me. They asked for my ID, where I lived, worked, what my age was, etc. When I didn't say a word and had to re-inform them that a highly suicidal person was the sole reason for them being here. All this did was enrage them more and they took me into a hallway and questioned me more on what did I have to hide? "Hide? It wasn't even my god damn house!

Now, by law, cops do have to identify themselves no matter what the situation. So I had asked for their ID's upon both which handed me their cards and I said I'd take this manner of their irreprehensible behavior up with their Sargent/superior (who, by the way, should have been there on a manner like this). I called the next day expecting nothing to come out of this and I was right but still I bitched. As for my friend? He was handcuffed and hauled off to the local E.R. where he got some help. That was the last I ever wanted anything to do with him.

Anyway, I bring that up because in most cases when a cop does come to your residence on a compliant made by another when they have no warrant for you to begin with it doesn't prevent them for looking for a reason to arrest you. Gates acted like an idiot - all he had to do was show properID, at his door, quit acting like an arrogant little bitch and have a little respect for the law he condescends to. Now I do wonder if Crowley was a black, Asian, Hispanic or even a Indian police officer would Gates be playing the race card such as he has? No one likes to be arrested in their home when they did nothing wrong other then being an asshole but Gates really isn't helping anyone out here but his own egotistical self - so he believes. Play the card all he wants it won't make others have respect for him or his case.

Guitar Shark
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I like to hope that's true...it's probably bullshit, but for my own sanity I'll pretend I believe you.

The alternative is just too horrifying to me

:rofl:

Dolemite!
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
IThere are signs all over the city saying "This is a domestic violence free zone" (my friend says the signs cost 180k).

Bwahahaha!

standin
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Very interesting and informative, Kristy.
Seeing how we meandered down enforcement and encounters.
Some PSAs

Disclaimer:
One should not break established laws. That would be wrong. One should report corrupt activities when observed.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqMjMPlXzdA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqMjMPlXzdA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Mk68AlhLO4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Mk68AlhLO4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
If for what ever reason an LEO is has been called to your residence he may pass through reasonable opening to in due coarse of his business.

Is that not the rule for vampires...?

standin
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Is that not the rule for vampires...?

What a sentence! I do suppose I have vampire rules and LEO rules a bit mixed.
:biggrin:

Let's try it again.

If for what ever reason an LEO is has been called to your residence he may pass through reasonable opening to in due coarse of his business.

If for whatever reason, a LEO has been called to your residence he or she may enter your home by use of any reasonable opportunity in due coarse of his or her investigation.

Kristy
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Seeing how we meandered down enforcement and encounters.

How is knowing your rights meandering? Do you even know the definition of the word meander?

standin
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
To wander. To take an indirect course.
Most are not directly informed of their rights. Furthermore, we were not exactly discussing knowing rights during police encounters concerning contraband and other such activities.

These PSAs are good, but more sensible and less artsy ones are available.
Post 'em, if ya got 'em at hand.

I had a really frank and clear one, but it is in a old stick-drive file and I don't feel like digging through supremest propaganda to retrieve it or to google search for it.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Gates acted like an idiot - all he had to do was show properID, at his door, quit acting like an arrogant little bitch and have a little respect for the law he condescends to.

That's right...if the officer's version is accurate that is. If the cop shows up at a reported break-in, and the guy just retreats into the house without proving it's his...of course he can go in after him. What is he supposed to do, stand on the porch while somebody breaks into your house? What do people expect? Take Gates' word for it, because he's wearing a harvard sweater?

If what Gates said is true, it's a different story.

But for the president to throw in his two cents at this point is just more evidence he's a fucking moron.

If for whatever reason, a LEO has been called to your residence he or she may enter your home by use of any reasonable opportunity in due coarse of his or her investigation.

Asshole, what is a "reasonable opportunity?" Due "coarse?"

No, a cop can't walk into your house any time they want. Doesn't matter whether they were called to the residence, or the door is open, or whatever. They need a 1) warrant or 2) exigent circumstances. You complete dumbass. Clown. Dickhead.

FORD
07-24-2009, 12:37 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqT8ZiblscQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqT8ZiblscQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
White House qualifies Obama remark about arrest - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_gates)

http://www.theshadowconspiracy.com/zine/canada/backpeddling.jpg

What an incompetent asshole.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2009, 03:32 AM
That's right...if the officer's version is accurate that is. If the cop shows up at a reported break-in, and the guy just retreats into the house without proving it's his...of course he can go in after him. What is he supposed to do, stand on the porch while somebody breaks into your house? What do people expect? Take Gates' word for it, because he's wearing a harvard sweater?

If what Gates said is true, it's a different story.

But for the president to throw in his two cents at this point is just more evidence he's a fucking moron.

Asshole, what is a "reasonable opportunity?" Due "coarse?"

No, a cop can't walk into your house any time they want. Doesn't matter whether they were called to the residence, or the door is open, or whatever. They need a 1) warrant or 2) exigent circumstances. You complete dumbass. Clown. Dickhead.

Any more contradictions, dickhead?

Gates was already in his house and had been, he entered through the side door and had already called his lease company to complain. If the guy was white, the cop never would of followed him in and the officer's excuse of "procedure" sounds like utter shit. The call was based on the observations of a passing pedestrian, not on the residents..

hideyoursheep
07-24-2009, 04:14 AM
You may know from previous posts that I'm generally not a fan of the police...

:lol:

You fuckin' liar! You love cops.

If you bump your gums anything like you beat your keypad, (and I doubt that you do) they're the only reason you're not taking 10-15 beatdowns a day!

You bumbling bucket of buffoonery!!:finger33::homoswitch:

:stirthepot:

fryingdutchman
07-24-2009, 06:18 AM
This whole story is a crock of SHIT and is nothing more than an example of how an accomplished African-American Ivy League professor is trying to use his status to trump up a bullshit charge of racism against a cop.

Gates was embarrassed about being stupid and locking himself out of his own home, and his frustration over that stupidity boiled over into a confrontation with a cop who was responding to a legitimate call about breaking and entering.

This same scenario would have played out if the person was white. Black or white, if you start shit with a cop who's trying to help you, you'll get a pair of matching bracelets....period.

I'm not a huge fan of cops, generally speaking, but Officer Crowley is being forced to take a bite out of a big shit sandwich in this situation....and it sucks.

And Barack Obama should shut the fuck up until he knows all of the facts. And even after he knows all the facts...he should STILL shut the fuck up because this has nothing to do with him.

And if asked about it at a press conference, his answer should be "the local authorities in Cambridge are handling that matter, it is still under investigation, and I feel it's inappropriate to comment at this time."

Comments like the one he made about this situation are the reason why he should NEVER work off the cuff, and ALWAYS stick with the teleprompter he loves so much.

One thing I didn't see mentioned here, and is worth noting, is that Officer Crowley is the guy who desperately tried to save Boston Celtic's star Reggie Lewis when he collapsed and died in 1993.

Crowley was a campus cop at Brandeis University at the time, where Lewis collapsed during practice. Crowley gave vigorous CPR to try and save Lewis, but to no avail.

So I don't think that Crowley "has it in" for black people.

Everybody needs to get their head out of their ass on this one...

fryingdutchman
07-24-2009, 06:19 AM
How is knowing your rights meandering? Do you even know the definition of the word meander?

He probably doesn't, Kristy...seeing as he repeatedly misspells the word "course" as "coarse."

fryingdutchman
07-24-2009, 06:22 AM
From yesterday's Boston Herald...

Officer in Henry Gates flap tried to save Reggie Lewis
Denies he’s a racist, won’t apologize
By Laurel J. Sweet, Marie Szaniszlo, Laura Crimaldi, Jessica Van Sack & Joe Dwinell
Thursday, July 23, 2009 - Updated 15h ago

The Cambridge cop prominent Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. claims is a racist gave a dying Reggie Lewis mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in a desperate bid to save the Celtics [team stats] superstar’s life 16 years ago Monday.

“I wasn’t working on Reggie Lewis the basketball star. I wasn’t working on a black man. I was working on another human being,” Sgt. James Crowley, in an exclusive interview with the Herald, said of the forward’s fatal heart attack July 27, 1993, at age 27 during an off-season practice at Brandeis University, where Crowley was a campus police officer.

It’s a date Crowley still can recite by rote - and he still recalls the pain he suffered when people back then questioned whether he had done enough to save the black athlete.

“Some people were saying ‘There’s the guy who killed Reggie Lewis’ afterward. I was broken-hearted. I cried for many nights,” he said.

Crowley, 42, said he’s not a racist, despite how some have cast his actions in the Gates case. “Those who know me know I’m not,” he said.

Yesterday, Lewis’ widow, Donna Lewis, was floored to learn the embattled father of three on the thin blue line of a national debate on racism in America was the same man so determined to rescue her husband.

“That’s incredible,” Lewis, 44, exclaimed. “It’s an unfortunate situation. Hopefully, it can resolve itself. The most important thing is peace.”

Gates, 58, an acclaimed scholar on black history and a PBS documentarian, went on the attack against Crowley on Tuesday, demanding he apologize for arresting him for disorderly conduct last Thursday while investigating a reported break-in at his home. Gates, returning from a trip, was seen by a Malden woman trying to force his front door open. Police alleged he initially refused to identify himself.

Though he harbors no “ill feelings toward the professor,” a calm, resolute Crowley said no mea culpa will be forthcoming.

“I just have nothing to apologize for,” he said. “It will never happen.”

Attorney Charles Ogletree, Gates’ close friend and fellow Harvard savant, told the Herald, “It’s regrettable and unfortunate that the officer feels that way, and I do hope that some progress will be made in healing this wound.”

Gates, who upon his arrest allegedly bellowed to a gathering crowd on Ware Street, “This is what happens to black men in America!” believes he was targeted by Crowley - whom he called a “rogue” cop - because of his race.

Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert Haas, with Gates attorney Walter Prince’s consent, agreed Tuesday to drop the charge of disorderly conduct, calling the incident “an unfortunate set of circumstances.”

Crowley, an 11-year veteran of the force, oversees the evidence room, paid details and records unit. He also coaches youth basketball, baseball and softball.

Joseph McDonald, a former director of public safety at Brandeis, said Crowley was “a real pro,” calling Gates’ racial profiling charge “strange.”

“You just do the job as a cop. You don’t look at the color of skin. You’re just trying to help people,” said McDonald, 57.

Guitar Shark
07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
One thing that I hadn't noticed until this morning is that Obama and Gates are "friends."

I still think Obama made a mistake by getting involved, but at least his involvement makes a litte more sense now. He was trying to support his buddy. Short sighted, but a bit more understandable.

Igosplut
07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
One thing that I hadn't noticed until this morning is that Obama and Gates are "friends."

I still think Obama made a mistake by getting involved, but at least his involvement makes a litte more sense now. He was trying to support his buddy. Short sighted, but a bit more understandable.

MA governor Deval "Tax It All" Patrick (who is a close friend of Obama's) came out yesterday against the police and said he supports the accusations of Gates ( I couldn't find any links, but they reported it on the Boston news this morning)
So this is only going from bad to worse....

Guitar Shark
07-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Ugh...

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Any more contradictions, dickhead?

Gates was already in his house and had been, he entered through the side door and had already called his lease company to complain. If the guy was white, the cop never would of followed him in and the officer's excuse of "procedure" sounds like utter shit. The call was based on the observations of a passing pedestrian, not on the residents..

What contradiction? As I said above... The cop gets called to the house about a break-in, and sees someone inside who won't come outside and identify himself. If it's not "procedure" to go inside, what do you think procedure is? Stand outside and talk to him through the wall? Take his word for it that he lives there? Leave? Give me a break.

You don't know what really happened, and neither do I, or Obama. But if there's any truth to the cop's report, Gates is a douchebag just looking to sue / be a celebrity. Either way, Obama was an idiot to get involved.

jhale667
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Just saw on CNN.com that Obama called the arresting officer moments ago...would loooooove to be a fly on the wall for that conversations...

"Yeah, I said you're stupid - you got a problem with that, officer?" :D

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Just saw on CNN.com that Obama called the arresting officer moments ago...would loooooove to be a fly on the wall for that conversations...

"Yeah, I said you're stupid - you got a problem with that, officer?" :D

I think it was quite the opposite...he's in cya mode now.

GAR
07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Best.
Prez fukkup.
EVER.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Best.
Prez fukkup.
EVER.

Come on...that would have to be when the last guy puked all over the jap.

FORD
07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Come on...that would have to be when the last guy puked all over the jap.

That wasn't the last guy. That was his daddy, back in 1992.

Wake up, Rip Van Pibbles! :biggrin:

As for the last guy...... well his entire pResidency was a fuckup.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I knew that. I was just testing you.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
"The president said he had telephoned the white policeman who arrested Gates, and he said the conversation confirmed his belief that the officer was a good man and an outstanding officer."

Igosplut
07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Like I've said before just watching the Boston news the interviews with the witness's they state very clearly that Gates yelled right from the beginning (I saw the one with the woman that made the original call), and the cop was very calm. That, and anybody who's interviewed and knows the cop have all but been ballwashing him. So anybody (public official) that takes the racist stance, they're making themselves to be just that...

jhale667
07-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Best.
Prez fukkup.
EVER.

Lamest. Roth Army poster. EVER.

Sucker of Satan's Penis
07-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I know your heart, IGO and it is full of hardness and blasphemy.

The White Devil's heart is even blacker - obvious to me since I know what goes on within the minds of mortals.. but less obvious to you.

It is my declaration that these Infidels must pay remittance to my Son Buraq over this, and quickly!

sadaist
07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
When you are speaking to a police officer, whether it's for something simple as an infraction like a broken tail light, or something that could be a felony like breaking & entering....you speak to them with respect. Yes officer, no officer. Yes sir, no sir. I don't care how fucking innocent you are or how big a dick the cop is. I've been in situations with black, white & hispanic friends where we were questioned by police. Drinking on the beach at night, speeding ticket, sobriety checkpoints, noise complaint from a house party, etc... The guy who always gets arrested is the guy who starts mouthing off to the police and is the biggest asshole.

I'm tired of people using their color as a form of diplomatic immunity to be an asshole to a cop who is doing their job.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Cops are a necessary evil and the key is in the first 20 seconds to make sure they realize you are one of the good guys. Cops spend their lives putting people in pigeon holes so it makes life easier if you are immediately in the right one.

A couple of times since we moved to the nice house cops have come around for different reasons and the way they treat me here is just incredible. It's like those Agatha Christie things on TV where they visit the big house on manor and act like they are almost subservient. Then one day it gets to the point where I found myself on the phone once and shooing a cop away. Our alarm system had falsely called the cops, our fault and I'm waving my arm at the cop to go fuck off can't he see I'm busy. :)

And he did!

It was only afterwards I thought about how that was rude but then I thought fuck it 'they' owe me.

I'm still the same person and even still have a fairly silly hairstyle and remember the way I would be treated when I was younger and not in the expensive house.

Like being a city late at night after a gig with our guitars and stuff and getting pushed around by drunk assholes. Our singer went up to some cops to ask for help and was told "Go fuck himself or I'll arrest you fucking homo." I had a fair amount of shit and hassle off of cops at that time without ever doing anything wrong at all. Another time as an 18 year old kid I was a witness to a theft in a pub. I ended up at the police station until 3am waiting for 4 hours to make a statement and when I asked if I could phone home to say where I was I was again told to fuck myself.

I guess that's maybe a bit like what it feels like to be black in the US? He'll have history with cops and maybe a lot worse than me.

I'm not sticking up for the guy and I think people like him maybe don't realize that the way to beat that shit is to move on but I do kind of understand it.

As for Obama - of course he should never have got involved.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
What contradiction? As I said above... The cop gets called to the house about a break-in, and sees someone inside who won't come outside and identify himself. If it's not "procedure" to go inside, what do you think procedure is? Stand outside and talk to him through the wall? Take his word for it that he lives there? Leave? Give me a break.

Um, he did "identify himself." He provided ID on his property, the arrest took place after and was "disorderly conduct." For what? Calling a cop and asshole? Talking about his mother? Tough shit! Last time I checked the Constitution you so love to claim covers everything, I think it said something of "freedom of speech" and there is a long tradition of attempting to prevent unlawful, unwarranted "search and seizure." And you have the right to insult police officers and get their badge numbers to file complaints...

*It would be different if this guy had fucked with the cops, and it hadn't been on his property. But it was. The police have no more right to be on ones property once positive ID is est. than anyone else...

You don't know what really happened, and neither do I, or Obama. But if there's any truth to the cop's report, Gates is a douchebag just looking to sue / be a celebrity. Either way, Obama was an idiot to get involved.

I could give a shit about Obama...

Guitar Shark
07-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Then one day it gets to the point where I found myself on the phone once and shooing a cop away. Our alarm system had falsely called the cops, our fault and I'm waving my arm at the cop to go fuck off can't he see I'm busy. :)

And he did!

It was only afterwards I thought about how that was rude but then I thought fuck it 'they' owe me.

The consequences of such behavior are considerably less serious when the cop is armed only with a nightstick... ;)

Try that in the US and I bet the result would be very different, no matter how big your house.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Um, he did "identify himself." He provided ID on his property, the arrest took place after and was "disorderly conduct." For what? Calling a cop and asshole? Talking about his mother? Tough shit! Last time I checked the Constitution you so love to claim covers everything, I think it said something of "freedom of speech" and there is a long tradition of attempting to prevent unlawful, unwarranted "search and seizure." And you have the right to insult police officers and get their badge numbers to file complaints...

Are you saying if you scream in a cop's face, you can't be arrested for disorderly conduct, because of the First Amendment?

We're a long way from a racial issue now, because this happens to people of all different colors.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Are you saying if you scream in a cop's face, you can't be arrested for disorderly conduct, because of the First Amendment?

Define "screaming in his face?"

We're a long way from a racial issue now, because this happens to people of all different colors.

Right. Which is why I think there is a big civil liberties aspect to this...

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 08:48 PM
The consequences of such behavior are considerably less serious when the cop is armed only with a nightstick... ;)

That's kind of the point and why we still try to desperately cling on to unarmed police. You can still kind of see them as a community service.

There's something about a gun that changes that relationship.

Unfortunately we are inevitably losing that here too.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2009, 08:55 PM
That's kind of the point and why we still try to desperately cling on to unarmed police. You can still kind of see them as a community service.

There's something about a gun that changes that relationship.

Unfortunately we are inevitably losing that here too.

And all those cameras. I saw something on BBC America recently that there are somewhat rural British towns and districts of London that have more cameras than the entire cities of San Fransisco, Paris, and Madrid combined...

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah that helps a bit too.

You have to realise that Britain is much more compact than the US. There are dozens of towns with hundreds of bars and every weekend 10s of thousands of young people get really drunk.

By having lots of cameras in town centres they know if they start shit then when it goes to court the evidence will stand up.

The camera thing doesn't really bother me and I am all for civil liberties. Flipside is it keeps the cops in check too.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Explain why that was a worthless post Blackflag.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Explain why that was a worthless post Blackflag.

See quote in Nickipedia's signature. There should be no cameras.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
There should be no lots of things.

I would rather have cameras in city centres than guns everywhere.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
There should be no lots of things.

I would rather have cameras in city centres than guns everywhere.

What you want should be irrelevant to whether I'm monitored by a camera. Or whether I own a gun.

Though I fail to see what one has to do with the other.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
It's a different culture.

If you have a bunch of cops walking about armed to the teeth then maybe you don't need the cameras.

If your main problem is drunk people hitting each other with their fists then you maybe need cameras. If your main problem is a gun murder rate 5 or 10 times higher than the rest of the world maybe you need armed police.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I would think if you're proud of your country having lower crime, that would be an argument not to have cameras. Drunks hitting each other is a pathetic reason to give up your freedom to travel freely without being monitored. I doubt you could deter a drunk with logic, either. Yet, they got you to buy into it.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:10 PM
I dunno I just don't see cameras in public places as a great infringement on my freedom.

I'm much more bothered about police or court powers than cameras which I just see as an evidence tool. Nowadays everyone has camera phones anyway.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
And if cameras are alright, I guess DNA fingerprinting all citizens is ok, too. What else will you people put up with, I wonder? Incrementalism. There's just no reason for a person who isn't committing a crime to be monitored.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
It's funny to me - your government can make literally 100s of thousands of you join their military to give up years of your life, and risk death or injury in order to get an education or health care for your family. Your electoral system gives you very little choice between two parties which are owned by rich lobbyists and you can't hold a protest march against your government without getting a permit in advance from your government.

Yet you keep on clicking on the Jackass button because I don't care if there are cameras in the city centre of a country thousands of miles away from you.

No wonder you are so popular in this forum... :)

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:20 PM
And if cameras are alright, I guess DNA fingerprinting all citizens is ok, too.

No it's not. Totally different argument.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM
No it's not. Totally different argument.

It's just an evidence tool. If you're not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't bother you.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
It's funny to me - your government can make literally 100s of thousands of you join their military to give up years of your life, and risk death or injury in order to get an education or health care for your family. Your electoral system gives you very little choice between two parties which are owned by rich lobbyists and you can't hold a protest march against your government without getting a permit in advance from your government.

And you think the UK is different? Please.

None of that has anything to do with cameras on the street, by the way.

No wonder you are so popular in this forum... :)

If I were unpopular, it would be because I keep it real. But I'm not.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:41 PM
It's just an evidence tool. If you're not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't bother you.

No because it affects the detection process.

If cops get an immediate match then they will stop looking so it makes it too easy for people to fake evidence.

Secondly say you have a 1 in 10 million gene match in a population of 100 million. The cops arrest you because of this and you live in the area and you have no alibi.

The prosecution can stand up and say "It's a 1 in 10 million chance that it isn't Blackflag that committed this crime."

The jury will convict you.

The thing is though that in this case there are actually 9 other people with the same DNA as you so it's not 1 in 10 million that you didn't do it, it's 1 in 10 that you did.

That's entirely different from cameras because the cameras almost always are additional evidence.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
BTW at no point have I said you should get cameras in the US, I'm just saying they don't bother me in the UK.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 10:48 PM
No because . . .

And if you mix the cameras with facial recognition software, you get the same fucking thing.

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
I thought camera evidence couldn't be used in court in the UK. Or atleast by the general public if they wish?

Anyway, the police have been detaining and stopping people known to attend anti-war rallies. I'm sure the cameras are there to keep the terrorists in check, not anti-govt types. They're also still tying to get the id cards into use. Comrade Winston, you're not training hard enough! Remember the sacrifice the troops are making in Iraq and shape up.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought camera evidence couldn't be used in court in the UK.

No it's wiretap evidence that can't be used.

I don't really understand why not, maybe Blackflag will think it makes us more free?

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 10:52 PM
And if you mix the cameras with facial recognition software, you get the same fucking thing.

I think you are confusing real life with science fiction.

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 10:58 PM

I don't really understand why not, maybe Blackflag will think it makes us more free?

You're ok with wiretapping and email checking? Even when it's known that a lot of this data gets "lost" or hacked into.

This might have meant something if the M15 wasn't actively recruiting and inciting terrorists themselves, but as it stands this is the full blown police state in progress.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Its a balancing act. You can't say that email cannot be used as evidence of a crime but you also don't want the government going on fishing missions at random. Same with wiretapping.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I think you are confusing real life with science fiction.

I happen to know firsthand where facial recognition software is today. It's already used in airports. It's hard for you to deal with the issue, isn't it?

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM

You need me to explain to you why a warrant is needed for wiretaps? Dude, you're lost.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I happen to know firsthand where facial recognition software is today. It's already used in airports. It's hard for you to deal with the issue, isn't it?

No because I am not paranoid.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
You need me to explain to you why a warrant is needed for wiretaps? Dude, you're lost.

No you are the one that is completely fucking lost.

I am talking about the UK!

In the UK wiretaps are inadmissible in court warrant or no warrant.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
No because I am not paranoid.

But you are when it comes to DNA evidence. Makes perfect sense. :hee:

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:14 PM
It does and I've explained extremely clearly why.

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Facial recognition, iris scans are bad enough. Then there's the slow increase of rfid implants in homeless people, it's sold as being cool to club goers, parents. It's an incremental process, like the morphing of the EU or the sneaking in of the NAU.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
No you are the one that is completely fucking lost.

I am talking about the UK!

In the UK wiretaps are inadmissible in court warrant or no warrant.

Fool, it's because they monitor communications without a warrant in Britain, and admit it. No warrant = no admissibility. Do you still think you live in a free country, or do you need me to explain it to you?

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Facial recognition, iris scans are bad enough. Then there's the slow increase of rfid implants in homeless people, it's sold as being cool to club goers, parents. It's an incremental process, like the morphing of the EU or the sneaking in of the NAU.

Even going along with the fantasy why would someone from India or Pakistan living in Britain worry about the USA becoming the the NAU with a population still far less than India?

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:19 PM
It does and I've explained extremely clearly why.

And everything you've explained applies equally to the use of cameras with facial recognition. Then you went off on your concept of 1950's technology tangent.

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Even going along with the fantasy why would someone from India or Pakistan living in Britain worry about the USA becoming the the NAU with a population still far less than India?

Because it's sad to see any country fall into a dictatorship and besides, it's not nice to have empires in the hands of dictators.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:24 PM
And everything you've explained applies equally to the use of cameras with facial recognition. Then you went off on your concept of 1950's technology tangent.

No because your paranoid scenario needs a database of faces.

That and you've obviously never seen the jerky black and white pictures from UK cameras.

What typically happens back on planet Earth is there is an incident at a time and place. The police go and get some camera footage. If the people involved are caught then they can show what happened but usually not who did it because the quality isn't good enough to identify the person even when they are standing in front of you never mind facial recognition software.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Because it's sad to see any country fall into a dictatorship and besides, it's not nice to have empires in the hands of dictators.

So the USA is a dictatorship just now and when it takes over Canada and Mexico it will be a dictator empire?

Posts like this are why no one takes you seriously. It's just idiotic bullshit.

Blackflag
07-24-2009, 11:29 PM
No because your paranoid scenario needs a database of faces.

That and you've obviously never seen the jerky black and white pictures from UK cameras.

What typically happens back on planet Earth is there is an incident at a time and place. The police go and get some camera footage. If the people involved are caught then they can show what happened but usually not who did it because the quality isn't good enough to identify the person even when they are standing in front of you never mind facial recognition software.

It's really hard for you to foresee the use of better cameras, isn't it?

I used to think you weren't stupid...what happened?:headlights:

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
So the USA is a dictatorship just now and when it takes over Canada and Mexico it will be a dictator empire?

:rolleyes: Is that what you got from my post? Nevermind.

But think of how this continental integration is happening in secrecy. No reason for that except people will go ape when they fully realise this.

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
No more war, no more millions of kids dying for the sake of a little food or clean water.

Sounds quite cool.

Dolemite!
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm sure Blair as president of the EU can be trusted to have those aims at heart. Or Kissinger, wanted for trial in some countries, responsible for countless deaths, political assasinations...

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
LOL!

Kissinger is 86, what age exactly is he going to be when your fantasy nightmare happens?

Seshmeister
07-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Or is he a space lizard that lives for 100s of years?

GAR
07-25-2009, 02:31 AM
It's funny to me - your government can make literally 100s of thousands of you join their military to give up years of your life, and risk death or injury in order to get an education or health care for your family.

It's funny how Scotland runs the UK for 100's of years, but won't let those worthless English deadbeats carry their own weight now that things are tight and the bottom line matters now more than ever.

GAR
07-25-2009, 02:32 AM

If he was an Ananaki, he'd be 8 ft tall.

Dolemite!
07-25-2009, 11:10 AM

Your guess is as good as mine. Scratch that, it ain't.

Kissinger took over Rockefellers role, there'll be others.

Seshmeister
07-25-2009, 11:44 AM
http://realfightfans.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/fantasyisland0.jpg

ZahZoo
07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I would think if you're proud of your country having lower crime, that would be an argument not to have cameras. Drunks hitting each other is a pathetic reason to give up your freedom to travel freely without being monitored. I doubt you could deter a drunk with logic, either. Yet, they got you to buy into it.

Where in any constitution in the world are you granted Freedom from Observation..?

A camera in a public place does not limit your freedom of movement what so ever. Come, go, limp, crawl, skip or sway your homo hips like a drag queen that camera doesn't impeed that in any way.

If you are doing nothing wrong... a camera or a recording of your presence somewhere doesn't infringe on any freedom you can name... except for the freedom to be invisible in a public place.

Either you watch too much TV/movies and believe the fantasies or you've got a serious paranoia problem...

Explain the difference?

You walk down a city block anywhere in the world...

A cop stands on the corner and observes you walking by. You pause in front of a Victoria Secrets store and drewl like a perv at the panty model pictures.

Same scenario... but a camera is mounted on a pole on the same corner and observes the same thing.

In which case was a freedom lost, reduced or infringed upon?

standin
07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Only stalkers or vandalist fear cameras. Camera observing you in a public place is to be expected in todays world. I sure don't want to pay a cop to just stand there or walk a beat when it can be managed other ways. I have cameras filming my perimeters.
Who doesn't have cameras recording anymore? (if they can manage it)

To balk at cameras is like some silly ... ohh they going to get my soul... Wacko shite.

Anyone and everyone films. Good God it is 2009. It is not like cameras are scary soul capturing devil things.

Dolemite!
07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
http://realfightfans.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/fantasyisland0.jpg

Dumb it down further, you can do it.

You spoke of world peace with these continental unions. So does that mean you now acknowledge they're happening? You said you're anti-war, meaning you're likely to be anti-govt and seeing the corruption scandals I don't see how you would be ok with people even higher up shaping your country. Are you aware that the Bilderberg's have an important role in shaping the unions and the pro integration op-ed's you read in the paper given that it's heads of state and prominent businessmen, journalists attending it, or is this something you'd rather pretend isn't happening?

Satan
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Anyone and everyone films. Good God it is 2009. It is not like cameras are scary soul capturing devil things.

Actually, yes they are. It's one of my biggest trade secrets.

Oops.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d060.gif

Satan
07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Are you aware that the Bilderberg's have an important role in shaping the unions and the pro integration op-ed's you read in the paper given that it's heads of state and prominent businessmen, journalists attending it, or is this something you'd rather pretend isn't happening?

Yeah, the Bilderbergers run the unions, made up of workers who are despised by the richest 1%, like the Bilderbergers.

Makes perfect sense.

Did you also know that I, the Devil, run the Catholic Charities League? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d095.gif

Dolemite!
07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Good grief, I was talking of continental unions.

ELVIS
07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
He was giving the cop an attitude from the beginning...

Then he is still mouthin off after he left and followed him outside ranting and raving???

It's not about skin color...

It's about Gates' acting like a asshole and showing no respect for law enforcement...

I don't care if his skin is green... orange... blue... white... yellow...

Don't interfere with FORD's agenda with facts and reason...:biggrin:

Satan
07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
So who among you mortals would have no problem with a cop walking into your house and harassing you, even after you have proven your identity to him, and established for a fact that your home is not a crime scene?

standin
07-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Actually, yes they are. It's one of my biggest trade secrets.

Oops.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d060.gif

Well, it sure does keep boogeroos away.

And make people think before doing stupid shite.
Seems you are having a breakthrough.
Thanks for the good works, S'tan.

:hitch:

Blackflag
07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
So who among you mortals would have no problem with a cop walking into your house and harassing you, even after you have proven your identity to him, and established for a fact that your home is not a crime scene?

He walked in before Gates identified himself, dickhead. While he was saying he didn't want to come outside and ID himself. It doesn't even make sense that the cop would enter the house after things were settled.

Blackflag
07-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, it sure does keep boogeroos away.

And make people think before doing stupid shite.

You're another one of those idiots who spouts fabricated bullshit as fact, aren't you?

"In London, the CCTV schemes that have been assessed had little overall effect on crime levels."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/hors292.pdf

standin
07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
You're another one of those idiots who spouts fabricated bullshit as fact, aren't you?

"In London, the CCTV schemes that have been assessed had little overall effect on crime levels."

I am not talking about other people shite, I am talking about my shite.
I have noticed a significant drop in bully loitering and misdeeds in and around my properties I film and record.

And if they did not work, why would casinos waste their moneys to the point of dropping catwalks over the pits.

standin
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
One person (me for example) can manage 64 cameras from a computer. If nothing bad happens great! If something occurs the event is documented just pull the time and date.

Blackflag
07-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I am talking about my shite.

Now you've said a mouthful.

standin
07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you not use record and cameras, Blackie?
No fender bender photos, no photos for insurance policies??
You use camera, everyone does. Well, not the horse and buggy religious folks. And for them, for their separatism, that is OK. I do not think you would fit in however.

And what is wrong with you , Blackie?
Do you think people do not have shite?
Do you think having shite is wrong?
Why do you hate people having what they need to make a better life, Blackie?

Seshmeister
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM

You never read that report did you?