PDA

View Full Version : White House Panicking Over Elections

ELVIS
09-06-2010, 08:39 AM
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2010/08/31/image6824068g.jpg

(CBS) (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/05/ftn/main6837589.shtml) With many polls indicating the Republicans may win back control of the House of Representatives (and possibly the Senate as well) in the upcoming mid-term elections, Jim VandeHei, the executive editor of Politico, told CBS' "Face the Nation" that the Obama administration is in a horrible position.

"Does the White House understand this?" asked guest host Harry Smith. "Do you feel any sense of panic or concern" on the part of the administration?

"They get it. There's panic. There's concern," VandeHei said. "The reality for this administration stinks, politically and practically, when it comes to the economy. You're not going to be able to change that 9.6-percent unemployment figure. You can't get anything from Congress in the next couple of months."

CBS Congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes said the Democrats are distancing themselves from President Obama.

"Not only are they running away from President Obama, they're running away from being Democrats in some cases. In some races you actually see the Democratic candidates not really mentioning that they're a Democrat in their campaign ads," Cordes said.

Smith asked his guests to try to identify the source of the discontent: "From your experience on the Hill, have you heard any Democrats in private conversations say, 'You know what? We went down the wrong road. We went after health care. We went after so many other things on the Obama agenda as opposed to, in the end of the day, it's all about creating jobs?'"

"Not only have we heard that, but we've been hearing it for months," said Cordes. "We heard it during the health care debate that dragged on for a year when the economy was so bad; they focused on health care and they focused on financial regulation.

"Americans don't feel the impact of those pieces of legislation yet," she said. "There's a lot of frustration on Capitol Hill among Democrats who feel like the President led them down this path. They didn't all necessarily want to deal with health care. This was on the president's agenda, and then they felt like he kind of hung them out to dry."

"Not a single Democrat has run an ad in support of the health care bill since April," VandeHei noted.

Cordes pointed out that Democrats are very unhappy about Mr. Obama's speech last week, only the second Oval Office prime time address in his presidency.

"What does he talk about? Not the economy, but Iraq," Cordes said. "And they say, 'No, we need to own the economy. If you’re going to use the power of your office to give a speech like that, talk about the economy."

VandeHei said the Republicans feel more powerful today than they've felt at any point in the last five or six years.

"On top of that, you have this enthusiasm gap that is killing Democrats. If you look at the polling data from Gallup and from others, it shows that Republicans are fired up about this election. The liberal Democrats are not. They're not enthusiastic about it. When you have races that are decided by a couple hundred votes, in a House that can be very, very close, that matters," VandeHei said.

He also suggested that Democrats are much more pessimistic than they were merely three or four weeks ago. He cited a recent Gallup poll that showed Republicans with a 10-point generic edge. "They've been polling for 60 years. We've not seen a number like that."

Cordes pointed out that predictions show the Republicans can win 45 to 50 seats in the House, and they only need 39 seats to take control.

But VandeHei offered a glimmer of hope for President Obama and the Democrats.

"It's never too late," he said. "Think about how fickle we are in everything in life now, whether it's the cell phone that we choose or what we think about politics or what we do in our daily life. People are fickle.

"I still think you can start to pull people back," VandeHei said. "At the end of the day, it has to be that Obama has to find that magic. How can he get liberals to be as excited about him and about Democratic change as they were two years ago?

Given suggestions that right-wing activists are more fired-up to support their candidates, VandeHei added, "I don't understand how liberals can sit at home and feel like Obama has not done enough for them. This has been a breathtakingly activist government for the last two years.

"Some day they're going to sit back and go, 'Wow, look at all they did!'"

:elvis:

ELVIS
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.jewsonfirst.org/images/obama8.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20100903/capt.photo_1283530380024-5-0.jpg?x=400&y=280&q=85&sig=.iJRt18Fw5skNw9O_WX74Q--

kwame k
09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
The Democrats have totally dropped the ball! Pelosi and Reid are useless and have the spine of a jellyfish.

The Democrats have bent to even the slightest pressure of the Repukes and even over the mildest objections from the Repukes they back off and concede to them.......leaving us with shit legislation.

As far as I'm concerned.........you were hired to do a job and have failed miserably!
Fuck the Left and fuck the Right........the time for petty politics is over! This country is bleeding and unless you have the balls to be part of the solution, you are part of the problem. NEXT!

I think you're going to continue to see voters changing from Demos to Repukes and back again until the massive problems in this country are fixed. The vast majority of people are not Left or Right but in the center and looking for people who have the answers and not loyal to any Brand!

ELVIS
09-06-2010, 11:03 AM
It's time for real Americans to abandon the left-right game...

chefcraig
09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Here we sit almost two years into the Obama administration's reign, and the Democrats have finally figured out that citizens do not actively care all that much about restructured health care when they are by and large unemployed. Throwing a bunch of ill conceived, pork-filled and ultimately useless concepts into a 55 gallon drum, calling it a stimulus package and then patting themselves on the back for the "accomplishment" is equally absurd as the Bush regime declaring "Mission Accomplished" on the deck of an aircraft carrier in 2003. To compound this utterly inept way of thinking, the Democratic lead congress applies this same nebulous logic to repairing the economy, with equally insipid results. So is it any surprise when these irresponsible simpletons attempt to remove the "Democrat" designation from their campaign posters and ads, in order to distance themselves from a President they were all so happy to embrace 18 months ago? Apparently, the "CHANGE" platform really meant "poorly thought out ideas wrapped in predictable expediency".

Look, I've been a registered democrat since the late 1970s. This does not mean that I have voted a straight ticket over that time, as common sense will tell you that blindly following the ideals of one party will get you into trouble. The problem is that most people tend to swing to the left or right as a knee-jerk reaction to ineptitude. The whole "VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT!" concept really means "Well crap, that didn't work, let's try this", an attitude that only breeds failure and ultimately, outright contempt, not only for those voting, but amongst those that choose to run for office. If you are fair weathered in your voting principles, you are going to get fair weathered politicians. George Bernard Shaw supposedly once said "Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than we deserve." Whomever the hell said it, I'd like to buy the bastard a drink, because the quote more than aptly applies in this situation.

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM

:baaa::notworthy:

QFT

ELVIS
09-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Obama is finding out that verbalizing ideas does not a President make...

You can't just speak things and expect God knows who to make them materialize...

So, now we're hearing that infrastructure is gonna put americans to work...

Didn't we already hear this "shovel ready projects" BS two years ago ??

kwame k
09-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I've never blindly voted a straight party ticket, either............I try to vote for the best candidate based on the information at hand.

How anyone thought that Obama was going to fix everything the day he was elected, either has zero concept of how this country works or was/is so desperate for any ray of hope that they'll throw common sense to the wind in hopes of a 4th quarter Hail Mary pass! Our system just doesn't work that way and correcting decades of abuse can't be done overnight. The real problem, IMHO, is that no politician is going to "sack up" and tell the American people that we need to sacrifice, tighten our belts, and heaven forbid.......pay for the trillions of dollars we squandered in two failed occupations and the rampant corporate greed we allowed to go on for decades.

I hear all this nonsense about taking this country back and going back to the Old School ways.........That's all fine and dandy but that requires effort and sacrifice, two things the American people have overwhelmingly shown they have no real interest in.

Unless you take away their couches and remote controls, I doubt you'll ever get more than the half-hearted, "We need a revolution in this country, what time does American Idol start?".

ELVIS
09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Unless you take away their couches and remote controls, I doubt you'll ever get more than the half-hearted, "We need a revolution in this country, what time does American Idol start?".

Speak for yourself...

Terry
09-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Obama is finding out that verbalizing ideas does not a President make...

You can't just speak things and expect God knows who to make them materialize...

So, now we're hearing that infrastructure is gonna put americans to work...

Didn't we already hear this "shovel ready projects" BS two years ago ??

We did hear about "shovel ready projects" from Obama during the 2008 campaign...

As someone who voted for him, I must say he's turning out to have been a better candidate for office than a holder of said office.

GAR
09-06-2010, 12:57 PM
The corrected unemployment rate, weighted realistically with part-time/timed-out unemployment benefits/temporary employment is 16.7 % percent.

Of course, let's make it look better and not talk about that.

However, deduct federal and military employees as Reagan added back in 1987, and the figure floats another 1.5 % percent = true total is 18.2 % percent unemployed in this country.

OBAMA is toast!

GAR
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
We did hear about "shovel ready projects" from Obama during the 2008 campaign...

Did anyone here think as I did when they talked about this, that you thought it would be like a Federal work program not unlike Roosevelt's WPA program back in the 1930's?

(national debt amt. is $1.2 billion daily..) http://www.federalbudget.com/

FORD
09-06-2010, 02:04 PM
The American people elected this guy because he sounded like the new FDR.

Instead we got a repackaged Bill Clinton, taking all the bad advice from the same people the original Clinton did.

Ironically the one Clinton guy he should be listening to (Robert Reich) is the one he's not.

Real Health Care Reform would have guaranteed a Democratic landslide. As would actual financial reform which restored the FDR reforms that protected this country for half a century. Instead we got mandatory corporate insurance and the Chris Dodd Federal Reserve Enabling Act.

What we are seeing here is the DLC dropping all pretense and openly destroying the Democratic party. And if you take a good look at Democratic Underground these days, it's more than obvious. And they'll ban you instantly over there if you talk about it.

There's only one way to stop this bullshit, and we all know what it is.......
DEAN 2012. YEEEEAAARRRGGGHHH!

chefcraig
09-06-2010, 02:35 PM
The American people elected this guy because he sounded like the new FDR.

Instead we got a repackaged Bill Clinton, taking all the bad advice from the same people the original Clinton did.

It all seems so boneheaded at this point, does it not? I remember all of those people blathering about change on the mall at Washington eighteen months ago, and shaking my head about it all. These people were another variation of the prideful chanters running about when Clinton took office, and we all know how spectacularly that worked out in the end. After all these years, the only people to believe in any sort of "new hope" springing forth in United States government would unquestionably be either hopelessly naive, unfathomably dense, astoundingly misinformed or a combination of all three.

GAR
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
And if you take a good look at Democratic Underground these days, it's more than obvious. And they'll ban you instantly over there if you talk about it.

One would hope your party could look to groom conservative junior leadership for the 2012 elections, to have something attractive for the OTHER side to vote for.

This "I am an island" party of Yes to Everything didn't work out as it had campaigned for: which was working with the Repubs, etc. and pushing partisanship aside.

Instead, they keep pushing common sense aside. Even today you can't enjoy your FUCKING holiday without Obama getting in your fucking face - he wants to spend another 50 billion?

Fuck that.

FORD
09-06-2010, 02:47 PM
GAyR the union basher wants to celebrate Labor Day?

Oh the irony......

GAR
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM
OH scusey-moi.. I thought Union Day was held on May 1st.

http://bestofepicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/slide_fail.jpg

Sam42
09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I've never blindly voted a straight party ticket, either............I try to vote for the best candidate based on the information at hand.

How anyone thought that Obama was going to fix everything the day he was elected, either has zero concept of how this country works or was/is so desperate for any ray of hope that they'll throw common sense to the wind in hopes of a 4th quarter Hail Mary pass! Our system just doesn't work that way and correcting decades of abuse can't be done overnight. The real problem, IMHO, is that no politician is going to "sack up" and tell the American people that we need to sacrifice, tighten our belts, and heaven forbid.......pay for the trillions of dollars we squandered in two failed occupations and the rampant corporate greed we allowed to go on for decades.

I hear all this nonsense about taking this country back and going back to the Old School ways.........That's all fine and dandy but that requires effort and sacrifice, two things the American people have overwhelmingly shown they have no real interest in.

The real problem is that the two parties are brothers from the same mother. It doesn't really matter who or what party is elected, they have been bought out by the World Bankers to do their tasks for their control of the world.

The private federal Reserve, has finally been able to in trench themselves into becoming the all powerful entity that with the behind the scene world bankers in tow, are more powerful than any party, elected president, congress and even the American people. They control who and what party gets elected and with their control, can govern and make not only world policies but policies in the US.

Until we can rid ourselves from corrupt politicians on both side of the isle, and not allow the federal reserve and the world bankers to continue to play the calm vs chaos game with our economy and our freedoms, we will be part of their sick play that keeps us American divided and easy target for them to make their profits and our demise.

GAR
09-06-2010, 04:10 PM
The real problem is that the two parties are brothers from the same mother.

Let's agree then to dismiss the Electoral College. We've had phone lines for 100 years now, mail-in ballots for 50 and internet for 20, so we don't need a controlled voting proxy system that's definately rigged.

FORD
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Let's agree then to dismiss the Electoral College. We've had phone lines for 100 years now, mail-in ballots for 50 and internet for 20, so we don't need a controlled voting proxy system that's definately rigged.

The electoral college is indeed a useless relic of the past, but the electro-fraud machines are a much bigger threat. Until every last one of them is smashed to bits, we cannot say, for a fact, what the results of ANY election are, in a precinct where votes are "counted" by these machines.

Corporate financing of elections is the next biggest problem and the Opie Roberts court's Shittyzens United decision was 100% the WRONG direction. It took restrictions AWAY from the corporations and enabled them to spend whatever the fuck they want to control the message. How are candidates NOT backed by corporations (i.e the ones who would actually put the interests of the People first) supposed to compete with that?

Obvious answer: They're NOT. Which is why Opie Roberts - most horribly unqualified Supreme Court Justice ever - has sided with corporations in every case since Chimpy appointed him to his first judge gig in 2003.

Then there's the whore media. You had a whole year of primary debates leading up to the 2008 Presidential primaries. But how many of the "Democratic" primaries excluded Dennis Kucinich entirely? And how many of the Republican events locked out Ron Paul?

Debates should go back to being sponsored by the League of Women Voters, or a similar non-partisan, non-corporate funded body. And the moderators picked to ask the questions should be chosen the same way. And the debates should be just that - debates. Discussion of the issues. Not a pre-scripted set of questions.

So yeah, dump the electoral college. But let's make the popular vote legitimate first.

GAR
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't it be tamper-proof to log in to your voter registration account and cast a ballot that way?

Any errors or tampering, it would show up and you'd know about it. Plus, any recounts could be instantly tabulated.

GAR
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
But how many of the "Democratic" primaries excluded Dennis Kucinich entirely? And how many of the Republican events locked out Ron Paul?

Like Sarah Palin, all three of these bozos are semi-popular, but unfit for leadership.

Kucinich voted for the stimuli = GONE
Ron Paul = N****h please..
Palin = quitter

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The electoral college is indeed a useless relic of the past, but the electro-fraud machines are a much bigger threat. Until every last one of them is smashed to bits, we cannot say, for a fact, what the results of ANY election are, in a precinct where votes are "counted" by these machines.

So yeah, dump the electoral college. But let's make the popular vote legitimate first.

Seeing that the USA is a constitutional republic how would you protect states rights ??

FORD
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Seeing that the USA is a constitutional republic how would you protect states rights ??

There's no such thing as a state's "right" to fraudulent elections. Though some states (Florida, for example) probably wish there were.

Seshmeister
09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I was stunned when I looked into how those machines worked a few years back. MS Access databases! In systems sold for 10s of millions of dollars!!??? Things may have changed but at that time there was effectively no security whatsoever in IT terms.

It's a little counter intuitive in the 21st century but the safest most transparent option is people putting crosses on bits of paper.

Nickdfresh
09-06-2010, 07:54 PM

You mean everyone should just be right wing and all would be well?

Nickdfresh
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Here we sit almost two years into the Obama administration's reign, and the Democrats have finally figured out that citizens do not actively care all that much about restructured health care when they are by and large unemployed. Throwing a bunch of ill conceived, pork-filled and ultimately useless concepts into a 55 gallon drum, calling it a stimulus package and then patting themselves on the back for the "accomplishment" is equally absurd as the Bush regime declaring "Mission Accomplished" on the deck of an aircraft carrier in 2003. To compound this utterly inept way of thinking, the Democratic lead congress applies this same nebulous logic to repairing the economy, with equally insipid results.....

Sorry bud, but that's a very faulty analogy. There was no dire need to go to War against Iraq, we didn't have too. The economy was the economy and one that was largely inherited. I don't know how anyone could draw definite conclusions as I think without the stimulus, things would have been much, much worse...

Nickdfresh
09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
The corrected unemployment rate, weighted realistically with part-time/timed-out unemployment benefits/temporary employment is 16.7 % percent.

OBAMA is toast!

Except you're a complete idiot that completely ignores these statistics when you have a white Republican president...I mentioned long ago that U.S. unemployment statistics are largely a lie when compared to European ones because we stop counting someone as "unemployed" once their UI runs out. I think BigSadBrian blasted me for saying such apocryphal truths during the Bush regime...

Nickdfresh
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
OH scusey-moi.. I thought Union Day was held on May 1st.

http://bestofepicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/slide_fail.jpg

When does the Mexican who stole your shitty job celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
There's no such thing as a state's "right" to fraudulent elections. Though some states (Florida, for example) probably wish there were.

FORD, you want to take away states rights in the election process, why ? Lets not rehash Gore Vs GWB.

chefcraig
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry bud, but that's a very faulty analogy. There was no dire need to go to War against Iraq, we didn't have too. The economy was the economy and one that was largely inherited. I don't know how anyone could draw definite conclusions as I think without the stimulus, things would have been much, much worse...

Nick, the comparison was not between the Iraq conflict and the economy, but about the half-witted celebrations by the Bush and Obama regimes in declaring victory when it was not even close to being in either's grasp. After a careful study of the so-called stimulus package as it pertains to the area in which I live, no discernible benefit can be construed from it's contents other than a bicycle path, a few shrubs along a one mile strip of road around our local courthouse and the hiring of exactly one new police officer. No other new jobs, no badly needed equipment or facilities have come sailing along in our municipality, in fact lay-offs and reduced services have increased at an alarming rate. Yet every politician within spitting distance in my area and state was proclaiming what an outstanding device the stimulus package was for Florida, and how it's benefits would surely jump start recovery. Like the end to the Iraq war, our citizenry is still waiting for the alleged cry of "mission accomplished" regarding the economy to actually take place.

FORD
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
What the fuck are you babbling about "states rights"?

And why is it that every time somebody brings that shit up, it's a code for something else, such as owning human beings (the 1860's version) or protecting ELECTORAL FRAUD (your version)

Again, there is NO SUCH FUCKING THING as the "right" of a state to steal an election.

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 10:05 PM
What the fuck are you babbling about "states rights"?

And why is it that every time somebody brings that shit up, it's a code for something else, such as owning human beings (the 1860's version) or protecting ELECTORAL FRAUD (your version)

Again, there is NO SUCH FUCKING THING as the "right" of a state to steal an election.

Are you claiming that Obama stole the 2008 election is that the FORD rant today ?/

I questioned you on the issue of the electoral college and your wish to abolish it.

It has to do with states rights and the constitution, you want to get rid of states rights in determining the way the POTUS is selected, each state is entitled to as many votes as they have Senators and Representatives in the United States Congress, now why do you want a constitutional change.

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:27 AM

Good for you...seriously.

I don't have a problem with those on the Left...or Right for that matter...who vote that way because they are familiar with the issues and honestly believe a certain way.

I do have a problem, however, with those that vote a certain way just because a candidate has an "R" or "D" behind their name.

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:30 AM

That's why algore wasn't allowed to steal the 2000 election because of Florida. Pick-and-Choose recounts my ass!

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
GAyR the union basher wants to celebrate Labor Day?

Oh the irony......

Unions HAD their place years ago...now all they do is extort companies for idiotic sums for pensions, pensions that Obama will want the taxpayer to shoulder.

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Except you're a complete idiot that completely ignores these statistics when you have a white Republican president...I mentioned long ago that U.S. unemployment statistics are largely a lie when compared to European ones because we stop counting someone as "unemployed" once their UI runs out. I think BigSadBrian blasted me for saying such apocryphal truths during the Bush regime...

No matter how you count it, unemployment is up under your boy Barry.

Europe is starting to see the light and starting to shed the shackles of socialism and once again embracing capitalism and the free market economy. Obama is trying to take the US in the opposite direction.

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Everyone should just be left wing and all would be well.

Retard...:rolleyes:

Seshmeister
09-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Europe is starting to see the light and starting to shed the shackles of socialism and once again embracing capitalism and the free market economy. Obama is trying to take the US in the opposite direction.

If he is he's not making a very good job of it.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:24 AM
That's why algore wasn't allowed to steal the 2000 election because of Florida. Pick-and-Choose recounts my ass!

What about that shrewish, mentally ill fuckwit Katherine Harris aborting voters lists in an effort to eek out a majority for her taskmasters?

And how could Gore have 'stolen' an election he received the majority of voting in?

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Unions HAD their place years ago...now all they do is extort companies for idiotic sums for pensions, pensions that Obama will want the taxpayer to shoulder.

Yeah. But now that corporate entities are allowed to buy off the gov't via legalized skulduggery and bribery, have record profits, have stagnated middle class wages for 20-30 years, and have senior executive salaries spiraling out of control far beyond what they ever have been and far greater than they are in relation to executive salaries in Asia and Europe--yeah, what a perfect time for unions to roll over and pack it in as dummies like you are easily convinced to vote against your own interests...

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:32 AM
No matter how you count it, unemployment is up under your boy Barry.

Actually, it was up under "your boy" George first. But then, the stock market was in the 6000s when Obama took over, it's now over 10K again (like under Clinton), and the recovery is (albeit too) slowly chugging along...

You have any specific examples of this? And BTW, are you one of the retards that fundamentally doesn't realize that Europe is actually capitalist with more gov't regulations? Not "socialist" for the most part and they've been denationalizing industries now for decades...

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't think he could have, because with each recount algore was losing by a greater margin, but he sure tried...

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Retard...:rolleyes:

You suck on what?

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Nick, the comparison was not between the Iraq conflict and the economy, but about the half-witted celebrations by the Bush and Obama regimes in declaring victory when it was not even close to being in either's grasp. After a careful study of the so-called stimulus package as it pertains to the area in which I live, no discernible benefit can be construed from it's contents other than a bicycle path, a few shrubs along a one mile strip of road around our local courthouse and the hiring of exactly one new police officer. No other new jobs, no badly needed equipment or facilities have come sailing along in our municipality, in fact lay-offs and reduced services have increased at an alarming rate. Yet every politician within spitting distance in my area and state was proclaiming what an outstanding device the stimulus package was for Florida, and how it's benefits would surely jump start recovery. Like the end to the Iraq war, our citizenry is still waiting for the alleged cry of "mission accomplished" regarding the economy to actually take place.

Um, I don't think Barry ever had that "victory moment." I'm aware of a few statements he's (or his administration's) made like "recovery summer" and all that shit. But I think the complaint is that things are proceeding too slowly, not that we're not in as recovery which we are. As for the everything else, it sounds like you have more of a problem with your local and state pols than anything. I think most economists will state that the "stimulus" more prevented things from bottoming out even more than actually helped a recovery along...

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
So Dickforbrains, you still think Obama is doing a "great fucking job" ??

I should have used that in my sig...:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM

I never said he was, dummy...

What was that?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2010, 09:47 AM

It's November 4th, 2008, and I'm proclaiming you President Elvis....

Please let the country know what you would've done....

Seriously, I'm all for the criticism, but I'd curious to hear what solutions people have after they're done criticizing...

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes you did. You stated, and I quote "he's doing a great fucking job" in a reply post, in which you also called me all the usual tired names, and whatnot...

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes you did. You stated, and I quote "he's doing a great fucking job" in a reply post, in which you also called me all the usual tired names, and whatnot...

Well, please find it and I'll eat crow with the stipulation that I wasn't referring to something specific...

The only thing I recall is that I once stated that Obama was going to get the nod long before he did and when it looked like Hillery was going to trounce him...

Seshmeister
09-07-2010, 09:55 AM

First up would be to segredate public transport and make his cult leader supreme ruler?

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM

Hmmm...

Ok, in no particular order...

Cut taxes on individuals and small business

End all middle east occupation

Stop the saber rattling towards Iran

Support Israel but not their corruption

Support Palestine but not their corruption

Stop the war on drugs

Legalize Marijuana

Seal the border

Let the American people have a voice and a vote on immigration reform

Reform campaign financing

Promote free speech including the N-word

End the over-accommodating stance towards Islam

Support industry manufacturing in this country

Create a healthy environment in the private sector for research and development towards new technology for energy

End cap and trade

End the politicization of global warming

Promote a real third independent party

Promote english as the language of the US

End the political support for gay marriage

Promote and support education

Support 2nd amendment rights

Support property rights

Regulate health insurance at the state level

Revise the tax system

That is my first day agenda...:biggrin:

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
First up would be to segredate public transport

You spill vodka in your keyboard again ??

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Hmmm...

Ok, in no particular order...

Cut taxes on individuals and small business

End all middle east occupation

Stop the saber rattling towards Iran

Support Israel but not their corruption

Support Palestine but not their corruption

Stop the war on drugs

Legalize Marijuana

Seal the border

Let the American people have a voice and a vote on immigration reform

Reform campaign financing

Promote free speech including the N-word

End the over-accommodating stance towards Islam

Support industry manufacturing in this country

Create a healthy environment in the private sector for research and development towards new technology for energy

End cap and trade

End the politicization of global warming

Promote a real third independent party

Promote english as the language of the US

End the political support for gay marriage

Promote and support education

Support 2nd amendment rights

Support property rights

Regulate health insurance at the state level

Revise the tax system

That is my first day agenda...:biggrin:

LOL, I wasn't looked for your world doctrine, but that's cool....

A couple of questions....

Are you saying Obama hasn't cut taxes for individual and small businesses ??

As well as R&D money towards renewable energy ??

Other than that, that's not too surprising a list, although frankly I don't think our economy would be in any better shape....

chefcraig
09-07-2010, 10:51 AM
...As for the everything else, it sounds like you have more of a problem with your local and state pols than anything. I think most economists will state that the "stimulus" more prevented things from bottoming out even more than actually helped a recovery along...

To be fair, I will admit to a certain amount of myopia with regard to Florida politics, since I do happen to live a few blocks from our town courthouse as well as the county's regional center a handful of blocks to the west. As it happens, more often than not I attend council meetings, and usually come away with a good amount of disgust at what passes for governing in this area. Perhaps the stimulus has been beneficial (according to economists, whomever they might happen to be, let alone in whose employ that they provide their services) to portions of the country. I can only speak with any authority on what I have been witness to. And those said results have been appalling, to say the least.

jhale667
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
And how could Gore have 'stolen' an election he received the majority of voting in?

Pesky facts always get in the way of Blandbitchbrie's dumb-ass rants...

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
As well as R&D money towards renewable energy ??

Sure, there is a push towards green energy, but there needs to be freedom in the private sector, not government control towards specific projects...

As far as tax cuts for small business, they are miniscule and the environment is not there for business to thrive...

Jagermeister
09-07-2010, 04:55 PM
:biggrin:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_us/us_house_stakes

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer Julie Hirschfeld Davis, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 33 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Their control of the House in peril, Democrats are playing defense all across the country. Disgruntled voters, a sluggish economy and vanishing enthusiasm for President Barack Obama have put 75 seats or more - the vast majority held by Democrats - at risk of changing hands.

The party could become a victim of its own successes during the past two elections, when candidates were swept into power by antipathy for President George W. Bush and ardor for Obama. Now, eight weeks from Election Day, the Democrats are bracing for the virtual certainty of lost House seats and scrambling to hold back a wave that could hand the GOP the 40 it needs to command a majority

Obama, grasping for a way to turn the tide, on Wednesday plans to propose $30 billion in new investment tax breaks for businesses to go along with tens of billions in spending he called for on Labor Day to invigorate the slow recovery. But even if Congress acts on the requests - a long shot in a highly charged political season - there's little time left for Democrats to salvage their election chances.

With Obama's popularity slumping and the party demoralized, dozens of first- and second-term Democrats as well as longer-serving congressmen who haven't faced serious challenges in years are toiling to hold onto their jobs in places that tend to prefer Republicans. And polls show independent voters leaning toward the GOP.

When asked which party they want to control Congress, voters are split or leaning toward Republicans, national surveys say. Perhaps even more ominously for Democrats, voters are overwhelmingly sour about national issues, especially the economy.

More than 60 percent said the nation was in a state of decline and on the wrong track in the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, in which voters likely to turn out in November gave Republicans a gaping 9-point edge when asked which party they wanted to control Congress.

Much can change between now and Election Day, and a GOP House takeover is far from sure. The political parties, individual campaigns and outside groups that spend heavily to influence elections have scarcely begun to distribute the hundreds of millions of dollars they plan to pour into key congressional districts across the country for advertising and on-the-ground organizing that can turn out crucial voters.

And most voters have yet to focus on the contests.

Still, Republicans are confidently predicting Democrats' defeat.

"Republicans have the intensity," said Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., head recruiter for House GOP candidates. "The map is growing by the day."

Democrats acknowledge the strong headwinds but counter that, with a solid fundraising advantage over Republicans and years worth of preparation for what they always knew would be a brutal election, they can fight off the GOP onslaught.

"We've got some very, very tough political territory on an off year with a weak economy, so it's a major challenge in a difficult political environment. That said, we will retain a majority in the House," said Democratic Rep. Chris Van Hollen, the party's House campaign chief.

The current breakdown is 255 Democrats, 178 Republicans and two vacancies that appear likely to be won by the GOP.

Democratic incumbents are at risk from California to New York and particularly in the unemployment-stricken Rust Belt, where six in Pennsylvania and five in Ohio face stiff challenges. Hotly contested races are unfolding in every region, including three each in Arizona, Florida, Illinois and Indiana, and two in Alabama, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Wisconsin and Virginia.

Among the most vulnerable Democratic incumbents are Betsy Markey of Colorado, Steve Driehaus of Ohio, and Tom Perriello of Virginia - all freshmen in districts that voted for Republican presidential nominee John McCain in 2008. They had little time to settle into elected office before casting votes for key elements of Obama's agenda that are overwhelmingly unpopular at home, including the health care law and the so-called cap-and-trade measure to curb carbon emissions.

At the same time, a handful of influential, senior Democrats - including Missouri's Ike Skelton, the chair of the Armed Services Committee, and South Carolinian John Spratt, the Budget chairman - are facing formidable re-election battles in a year when voter dislike of elected officials, excessive government spending and the political establishment is on the rise.

Reps. Alan Boyd of Florida and Earl Pomeroy of North Dakota - both in the House more than a decade - and Paul Kanjorski of Pennsylvania and Chet Edwards of Texas - veterans of 20 years or more - also face tough fights.

And Democrats are facing tight races to hang on to most of the 20 seats where the incumbent retired, left or is pursuing another office - typically the most difficult for a party to defend. Those include two each in Arkansas and Tennessee, and long-shots in Louisiana, Kansas and upstate New York, where Rep. Eric Massa resigned in March amid an investigation into whether he sexually harassed male staffers.

Most of the 23 open Republican seats are not regarded as seriously in play, although Democrats have good chances of claiming two being vacated by GOP lawmakers running for the Senate, including one in Delaware now held by Mike Castle and one in the Chicago suburbs held by Mark Kirk.

Only a few Republican incumbents are at serious risk in otherwise Democratic districts, including Joseph Cao in New Orleans and Charles Djou in Hawaii. Democrats also believe they have shots at ousting Republican Reps. Dave Reichert in Washington and Lee Terry in Nebraska.

As bad as things are for Democrats, they do lead in the money race. However, with their list of endangered incumbents expanding, they face painful choices about which races to abandon in the interest of spending where they realistically can win.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the party's House campaign arm, had $36 million in cash at the end of July compared to the National Republican Congressional Committee's $22 million. But the gap has been closing steadily as Election Day nears, and a handful of GOP-backed outside groups have plans to pour tens of millions into House races in the coming weeks. Unions are also planning to funnel large sums into the contests on behalf of Democrats.

Democrats have booked $49 million worth of TV advertising time in 60 congressional districts, the vast majority of it to protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents, while Republicans have reserved $22 million for advertising in 41 districts, all but one now held by Democrats.

"The opportunity is there," to wrest the House, said Guy Harrison, executive director of the National Republican Congressional Committee. "We just have to execute."

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Pesky facts always get in the way of Blandbitchbrie's dumb-ass rants...

Dumbass: go school yourself on how POTUS is decided in this country. You can do it!