PDA

View Full Version : NATO Nailed It!

Kristy
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Reporting from Benghazi, Libya

"Libyan leader Moammar Kadafi (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/government/muammar-gaddafi-PEPLT000007572.topic) survived a NATO (http://www.latimes.com/topic/unrest-conflicts-war/defense/nato-ORGOV000049.topic) airstrike in the capital that killed one of his sons and three of his grandchildren, a government spokesman said on state television Saturday.

Killed was Saif al Arab Kadafi, 29, said government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim. He said the Libyan leader and his wife were in the house at the time, but that both survived the North Atlantic Treaty Organization strike.

"Western nation crusader aggression against the Libyan nation continued and proved again that it has no moral foundation," Ibrahim said in Tripoli (http://www.latimes.com/topic/intl/libya/tripoli-%28libya%29-PLGEO100100602011451.topic).

State television showed scenes of heavy damage to a structure, but it did not identify the site as Kadafi's sprawling compound in the capital.

People were seen walking through the rubble and, at one point, handling what appeared to be a missile, covered in dust and debris.

The dead son was among the least known of Kadafi's children. He was described on state television as a student, and was reported to have spent considerable time in Germany.

The attack seems sure to raise more questions about NATO strikes on Tripoli.

A United Nations (http://www.latimes.com/topic/crime-law-justice/international-law/united-nations-ORCUL000009.topic) resolution has approved NATO airstrikes as a means to save civilian lives in Libya (http://www.latimes.com/topic/intl/libya-PLGEO00000082.topic), where rebels have revolted against Kadafi's four decades of rule. But the Libyan government has condemned the strikes on Kadafi's compound as an assassination attempt."

Doesn't seem like an "attempt" to me. If anything, this is a bizarre success. NATO can't find ol' Moammar himself so they went after his family. I'm not sure what to feel about this. Seems we [NATO] are drawing up the lines and rules only to cross and break them at will. This shit is really starting to get scary

sadaist
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
We sure have strayed quite far from simply 'enforcing a no-fly zone' to protect the citizens.

Kristy
04-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Now we're just implementing organized murder at will - in the name of democracy, of course.

Diamondjimi
04-30-2011, 09:38 PM
If Libya didn't have a single drop of oil under it, it wouldn't be of any interest to anyone....

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Now we're just implementing organized murder at will - in the name of democracy, of course.

Oh fucking please....

Simpleton moral vanities are so boring and cliche, especially ignoring the fact that Gaddouchies forces have systematically targeted innocent civilians as state policy. In the words of RAF Bomber Command General (and a bit of a prick) Sir Arthur Harris, "he who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind."

Kristy
05-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh fucking please yourself. This has nothing to do with "moral vanity." What NATO is really doing if you would wake the fuck up is systemically targeting people more than what Momaar could ever achieve. I never said any of the Ghaddafi clan were innocent but when you purposefully kill children your idiotic World War Two quote doesn't mean shit.

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh fucking please yourself.

Well, sometimes we all get stuck in a pinch and have to :) .

This has nothing to do with "moral vanity." What NATO is really doing if you would wake the fuck up is systemically targeting people more than what Momaar could ever achieve.

Oh, by all means feel free to compare precision attacks on a command and control facility bellowing orders to field troops that include using tank fire, artillery, and snipers against completely military targets such as orphanages, hospitals, playgrounds, schools, and unarmed protesters (initially)...

I never said any of the Ghaddafi clan were innocent but when you purposefully kill children your idiotic World War Two quote doesn't mean shit.

I'm so glad you're not mounting a defense of a war-criminal issuing command orders akin to ethnic cleansing and baby-genocide. And they weren't "purposefully targeting children" in WWII, the idea was to "area bomb" around targets due to the inaccuracy of the bombing technology (as in aiming them at night) then. Not my favorite tactic as Harris was shown to be somewhat of a fuckwit...

jacksmar
05-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Hard to reply from your heels Nick?

Kristy
05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, by all means feel free to compare precision attacks on a command and control facility bellowing orders to field troops that include using tank fire, artillery, and snipers against completely military targets such as orphanages, hospitals, playgrounds, schools, and unarmed protesters (initially)...

That doesn't justify NATO's strike. Something in this "war" has become lost in the translation. Besides the statement that the first causality in any war is truth this doesn't seem like a "peacekeeping" or "humanity" mission at all to me. It's specific targeting of an individual whether they are innocent or not. It's is/was a sterile assassination attempt. NATO is clearly sending a message with this in that you don't fuck with those who want your oil. Sounds a bit conspiracy/paranoia I know but who is really regulating this war? I'm siding with Russia on that what NATO did was a disproportionate use of force and there are much better ways of cutting the head off of a snake.

chefcraig
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM

I soooo need to either clean my glasses or just start using my other pair. I read the above as "Hard to reply when you're wearing heels Nick?", and given the overall context, it still made perfect sense. :)

FORD
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Doesn't Jacksmar play in a KISS tribute band? Probably not someone who should criticize others' footwear, if that's the case. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 06:07 PM

You were trying to say something?

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 06:13 PM
That doesn't justify NATO's strike. Something in this "war" has become lost in the translation. Besides the statement that the first causality in any war is truth this doesn't seem like a "peacekeeping" or "humanity" mission at all to me. It's specific targeting of an individual whether they are innocent or not. It's is/was a sterile assassination attempt. NATO is clearly sending a message with this in that you don't fuck with those who want your oil. Sounds a bit conspiracy/paranoia I know but who is really regulating this war? I'm siding with Russia on that what NATO did was a disproportionate use of force and there are much better ways of cutting the head off of a snake.

What's the difference between "assassination" and targeting command and control? You're sort of implying the opposite of what you intend here. That somehow it's okay for NATO to bomb low level Libyan "loyalists" troops (who received preferential treatment), and mercenaries from Africa, over the elites that hired and payed them? What sense does that make?

BTW, I might remind everyone that this isn't an instant of NATO coming in and dictating a "regime change," this is NATO helping the majority of Libyans who uprose against their cunt leader...

Kristy
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Simply because who the target was. Chances are our dear Moamaar (or however you spell his name) is in deep hiding and do you think this strike against his son was merely coincidental?

Nitro Express
05-01-2011, 06:32 PM
The NATO headquarters are in Brussels, Belgium,[3] and the organization constitutes a system of collective defence whereby its member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party.

We all know NATO was set up to protect the west from Soviet invasion but there hasn't been any need for that since the Soviet Union fell apart. Why in the hell is NATO invading a country because of an uprising against a dictator? If Libya attacked a NATO nation then sure they can counter attack according to the charter of the organization but in this case, NATO is just doing whatever the hell they want regardless of charters or laws.

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Doesn't Jacksmar play in a KISS tribute band? Probably not someone who should criticize others' footwear, if that's the case. :biggrin:

Or more like a tribute to Paul Stanley's cock?

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Simply because who the target was. Chances are our dear Moamaar (or however you spell his name) is in deep hiding and do you think this strike against his son was merely coincidental?

I think you need to reread your article. He was supposedly present with his wife but wasn't killed.

Kristy
05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
No, they changed it - or updated it after I had posted this.

Nitro Express
05-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh fucking please....

Simpleton moral vanities are so boring and cliche, especially ignoring the fact that Gaddouchies forces have systematically targeted innocent civilians as state policy. In the words of RAF Bomber Command General (and a bit of a prick) Sir Arthur Harris, "he who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind."

Once a war (police action or whatever the hell we call them now) gets going, civilians will be killed. Probably more than anyone cares to admit. Once the demons of war are out of the box, they take on their own life and shit happens. Always has and always will.

Nitro Express
05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh fucking please yourself. This has nothing to do with "moral vanity." What NATO is really doing if you would wake the fuck up is systemically targeting people more than what Momaar could ever achieve. I never said any of the Ghaddafi clan were innocent but when you purposefully kill children your idiotic World War Two quote doesn't mean shit.

It's so nice our president decided to get involved in all this targeting without getting the ok from the US Congress, don't you think? I'm starting to wonder who is the more dangerous dictator. Obama or Momaar.

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 07:15 PM
We all know NATO was set up to protect the west from Soviet invasion but there hasn't been any need for that since the Soviet Union fell apart. Why in the hell is NATO invading a country because of an uprising against a dictator? If Libya attacked a NATO nation then sure they can counter attack according to the charter of the organization but in this case, NATO is just doing whatever the hell they want regardless of charters or laws.

It's a "multi-state coalition" acting on the grounds of a 1973 U.N. Charter Mandate of something of not being able to just massacre one's political enemies...

Once a war (police action or whatever the hell we call them now) gets going, civilians will be killed. Probably more than anyone cares to admit. Once the demons of war are out of the box, they take on their own life and shit happens. Always has and always will.

Um, civilians were already being killed, super-genius. That's the reason the French and British gov'ts pushed towards intervention--largely against the wishes of evil Obama and the Pentagon....

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
It's so nice our president decided to get involved in all this targeting without getting the ok from the US Congress, don't you think? I'm starting to wonder who is the more dangerous dictator. Obama or Momaar.

Well then you're a fucking retard, as Obama didn't murder innocent airline passengers over Scotland...

binnie
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Well then you're a fucking retard, as Obama didn't murder innocent airline passengers over Scotland...

That's not strickly true. Donald Trump has just produced an etch-a-sketch which proves that Obama is, in fact, Libyan.

lesfunk
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Kadafi never called me a Ni**er.

jacksmar
05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Sorry Nick, you’re one of the Ubama voters and supporters so I’ll spell it out for you and the sub moronic, cultists that follow him.

Your leader Ubama was supposed to be the "without preconditions” diplomat.
Ubama was already “in” with Gaddafi due to his wonderful friends that obviously support that plane getting shot down. So you would think that Wright, Farrakhan, Gaddafi, and Ubama could get together and have a beer before Ubama decided to follow NATO’s lead.

Your shit stain Kenyan Houseboy prez Ubama missed his chance and missed Gaddafi again. And according to your kind, you are setting up the U.S. for another attack.

Nickdfresh
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Sorry Nick, you’re one of the Ubama voters and supporters so I’ll spell it out for you and the sub moronic, cultists that follow him.

Ubama was already “in” with Gaddafi due to his wonderful friends that obviously support that plane getting shot down. So you would think that Wright, Farrakhan, Gaddafi, and Ubama could get together and have a beer before Ubama decided to follow NATO’s lead.

Your shit stain Kenyan Houseboy prez Ubama missed his chance and missed Gaddafi again. And according to your kind, you are setting up the U.S. for another attack.

LOL I can't really be bothered to read your gibberish that looks like it was written by a slightly trained monkey on an Etch-A-Sketch™. So what's your opinion again? Oh, LOL, you don't have any opinions unless their spoon-fed to you by anarchist conspiracists...

Seshmeister
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't understand your point here. As far as the morality of bombing a leader goes this is nothing new and I don't quite understand why it's seen as ok to blow up the night janitor at the Defence department building but not to blow up the psychotic leader of the country.

Secondly NATO was doing just fine oil wise with the status quo. Gadaffi was supplying lots of oil to Italy and other European countries and bombing him has stopped that.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cb_m3kSA8iI/TWQAYD0ECaI/AAAAAAAAATI/JCHd5tsh23Y/s1600/2010+Oil+Exports+by+Destination.gif

sadaist
05-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Is that why we are going after Ghaddafi? I thought we were just going to enforce a 'no-fly-zone' to protect any protesters from getting bombed. If Obama just wanted Ghaddafi's head, why didn't he just grab it when he had the chance. Would have saved a lot of destruction, deaths, and money.

:)

http://europeancourier.org/test/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/obama_gaddafi.jpg

Seshmeister
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah it really shows the West as being assholes.

They were all over him for the last few years when everyone has known for years that he was pretty much an insane fucking nut.

The excuse we are being given here is that Blair did it as a cunning way of getting Gadaffi to stop his nuclear program but that's very very weak as an excuse.

lesfunk
05-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Nope, just a couple innocent children

Nickdfresh
05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Is that why we are going after Ghaddafi? I thought we were just going to enforce a 'no-fly-zone' to protect any protesters from getting bombed. If Obama just wanted Ghaddafi's head, why didn't he just grab it when he had the chance. Would have saved a lot of destruction, deaths, and money.

:)

http://europeancourier.org/test/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/obama_gaddafi.jpg

Obama wasn't the U.S. President that made nice with him, Bush was.

But knowing someone who was on Pan Am 103, I hope Gahddaffilololol dies a painful, horrific death...

Nickdfresh
05-02-2011, 06:05 AM
Nope, just a couple innocent children

You mean hundreds, if not thousands of innocent Libyan children. But again, you reap what you sow...

Hardrock69
05-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Congrats to NATO for doing some damage to that goddamnable fuck.

Blaze
05-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Now, where was this before I had to surgically remove my ex from my anus......

Any highlights?

Other than Gadafi used his family?

Wait, that is not news.... Are the offers of plea bargains still up for Gadafi's family, friends, associates, and judicial officials?
They might want to quicken their step.... if it is.

standin
05-04-2011, 01:59 PM
AMSTERDAM | Wed May 4, 2011 12:13pm EDT
(Reuters) - The International Criminal Court prosecutor will request three arrest warrants for his investigation into the killing of pro-democracy demonstrators in Libya and said aligned states should prepare now for arrests.

The U.N. Security Council referred the Libyan violence to the ICC in February. ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo is investigating Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, some of his sons and aides over a "pre-determined plan" to attack protesters.

Moreno-Ocampo, who was addressing the U.N. Security Council about the progress of his investigation Wednesday, said he will request arrest warrants in a few weeks' time for crimes against humanity committed in Libya since February 15.

"Crimes against humanity have been and continue to be committed in Libya, attacking unarmed civilians including killings and persecutions in many cities across Libya," the prosecutor said in a statement.

Earlier, Moreno-Ocampo told Reuters he had strong proof that Gaddafi's forces committed crimes against humanity and that he would seek up to five arrest warrants.

Moreno-Ocampo urged states to prepare for arrests should ICC judges decide to issue warrants, stressing "now is the time to start planning on how to implement possible arrest warrants."

The ICC has no police force and relies on state cooperation to enforce arrests. Despite NATO bombing operations that are intended to protect civilians, Libya has been plunged into civil war, seriously complicating efforts to arrest ICC suspects.

Libya is not an ICC member state and is therefore not obligated to arrest the court's suspects. Security Council powers the United States, Russia and China are not ICC members, but voted in favor of referring Libya to the ICC.

Moreno-Ocampo said he would continue to investigate different forms of persecution against civilians in Tripoli and other areas, as well as rape and the unlawful arrest, mistreatment and killings of sub-Saharan Africans wrongly perceived to be mercenaries.

He is also investigating alleged crimes committed since the end of February, including the use of cluster munitions, rocket launchers, mortars and other heavy weaponry in urban areas.

(Reporting by Aaron Gray-Block; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-libya-icc-idUSTRE74355H20110504

Human rights violations in 2011 Libyan civil war

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Human rights violations by Anti-Gaddafi Forces)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_violations_by_Anti-Gaddafi_Forces#By_the_Anti-Gaddafi_Forces

Be concerned.

standin
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
MISURATA, Libya — When the bloody siege of this isolated city began, the rebels who rose against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s conventional army had almost no firearms. Many of them relied on hands, knives and stones.

Now they roam the streets as a paramilitary force built around hastily armored trucks that have been fitted with captured machine guns set on crude turrets and mounts.

The transformation, evident in an offensive late last month that chased many of Colonel Qaddafi’s forces from Misurata’s center to its outskirts, is in part the result of a hidden side of this lopsided ground war: a clandestine network of rebel workshops, where these makeshift weapons have been designed, assembled and pushed out.

The workshops are officially a rebel secret. But for three days journalists for The New York Times were granted access to two of them, on the condition that their exact locations not be disclosed and that no photographs be taken of their entrances.

On display inside were both the logistics and the mentality of the seesaw fight for Libya’s third-largest city. In Misurata, an almost spontaneously assembled civilian force has managed, alone along Libya’s central and western stretch of Mediterranean coast, to withstand a sustained conventional attack from an army with all the arms and munitions an oil state can buy.

In these places — the fledgling war industry for a force that regards itself as a democratic insurgency — weapons manufactured in cold war-era factories to be operated remotely on aircraft and tanks have been modified for manual use.

Four-door civilian pickup trucks have been converted to sinister-appearing armored vehicles. And conventional munitions designed for one thing — land mines and tank shells, for which the rebels have little use — have been converted to other types of lethal arms.

{...}

Here Omar el-Saghier, 30, puzzled over a .50-caliber machine gun that had no manual trigger. Asked what kind of machine gun he was working on (it appeared to be an FN Herstal M3M, designed for aircraft), he allowed himself a smile and answered in English.

“I don’t know, exactly,” he said.

But Mr. Saghier had figured out how to make it work. And by using a set of machinist’s tools and scraps and sheets of steel, he was midway through designing and creating a custom trigger, so that this weapon might be fired by a man standing at a turret in the back of a pickup truck.

Another team beside him was making a rotating pedestal mount for the weapon. A third team was fitting a set of metal plates to the truck that would, before the day’s end, become part of the rebels’ fleet.

These armor-clad gun trucks, typically painted black and often with their taillights and turn signals removed or painted over so they are more difficult to spot, are the signature weapon of the Misurata rebels.

The exact quantity that have been made is not known, said Bashir el-Zargani, who supervises the workshops.

“We have been too busy to count them,” he said.

But judging from the number seen racing through the city each day, and at Misurata’s many fronts, the total easily exceeds 100, and might be more than twice that.

The pickup trucks are only one of the workshops’ products.

{...}

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/03/world/africa/20110504_MISURATA-slide-OT6I/20110504_MISURATA-slide-OT6I-slide.jpg
Credit: Bryan Denton for The New York Times

In many places along the ruins of Tripoli Street, where the rebels and loyalists engaged in a ferocious battle for weeks, the roads are littered with four-sided metal spikes. Each is about the diameter of a baseball.

The rebels have a word for them — “henzab,” local Arabic slang for the spike-sided seed pods of a nuisance weed.

In fact, they are homemade caltrops, designed to puncture the boots of infantrymen and the tires of their vehicles, and were made, by the bucketful, by welders in the same shops.

{...}

At another plant in another neighborhood last weekend, a machinist at a lathe put the finishing touches on a supplemental explosive charge he had designed for the warhead of the most abundant rocket-propelled grenade here, the RPG-7.

The rebels have captured large numbers of PG-7V warheads, designed to penetrate armor. But because so many Qaddafi soldiers have occupied buildings, rebels wanted a weapon that caused more fragmentation, to wound Qaddafi soldiers, or one to deliver a concussive effect against concrete walls.

To answer this request, the machinist, Ali Ramadan Algaraby, had worked with other tradesmen and developed a thick aluminum sleeve that fits within the PG-7V warhead.

“I can deliver 30 or 40 pieces like this each day,” Mr. Algaraby said.

Like the laborers in the other workshop, Mr. Algaraby said he had no previous experience in arms or munitions.

To acquire explosives for his modified arms, Mr. Algaraby scrapes combustible materials out of unexploded shells with metal tools — a risky practice, and something that would be more safely done with wooden rods or spoons.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/03/world/africa/20110504_MISURATA-slide-8S50/20110504_MISURATA-slide-8S50-slide.jpg
A rocket-propelled grenade round being retooled to add an aluminum ring, which will then be packed with high explosives and shrapnel to amplify its ability to hit human targets, rather than take out armor.
Credit: Bryan Denton for The New York Times

{...}

Most of the rebels and metal workers readily admitted to having started with almost no idea what they were doing.

But they said they had no alternative. They received requests and suggestions for improvement almost daily from the front, where civilians are learning to fight by fighting.

The shopwork, they added, has become smarter each week.

“Everybody is at home at night, thinking all the time, ‘How can we do it better,’ ” said Mr. Zargani, the supervisor. “This is because we have to do this with quality, because our city is under attack and we have no time.”

By C. J. CHIVERS
Published: May 3, 2011

Read the full story -> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/world/africa/04misurata.html

View the photos -> http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/05/03/world/africa/20110504_MISURATA.html

standin
05-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Libyan rebels to receive £1.8 billion trust fund
Libya's opposition is to get access to a special $3 billion (£1.8 billion) trust fund established by its Western backers to finance the breakaway regions fighting Col Muammar Gaddafi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8492745/Libyan-rebels-to-receive-1.8-billion-trust-fund.html

Libya denies Gaddafi has Swiss assets
Deputy foreign minister says assets that Swiss authorities identified actually belong to government investment agency.

Saif al-Islam Gaddafi has earlier also denied that his family holds any assets abroad [GALLO/GETTY]
The Libyan government says that Muammar Gaddafi, the country's leader, has no personal assets in Swiss bank accounts, and that any cash held in the country belongs to the government's foreign investment arm.

Speaking at a press conference early on Wednesday, Khaled Kaim, the deputy foreign minister, said that the money was far less than the $418.4 million that Swiss authorities said they had frozen, putting it closer to $29 million.

"The money in bank accounts abroad is part of the investment portfolio of the government abroad," he told reporters. "If there is a single penny of the leader's money ... you are free to take it and to give it to anyone."

{...}

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/05/2011540567796997.html

standin
05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
AP IMPACT: How rebels held Misrata

By BEN HUBBARD, Associated Press – Wed May 4, 5:40 am ET
MISRATA, Libya – Tripoli Street is a bullet-scarred wasteland — littered with charred cars and tanks, its cafes and offices shattered. Yet for Misrata's civilians-turned-fighters, the boulevard is a prized trophy, paid for in blood, won with grit and guile.
It took five weeks of fierce street battles — on rooftops, in alleyways — for Misrata's inexperienced rebels to wrest control of their city's commercial heart from forces loyal to Libyan ruler Moammar Gadhafi. Up against armored units and professional sniper squads, they turned bottles, tires and trailer trucks into tools of war.
When they finally succeeded in pushing government forces out of Libya's third-largest city in late April, it was the greatest head-to-head military victory yet in the uprising that threatens Gadhafi's 42-year hold on power. The opposition controls much of eastern Libya, but Misrata is the only city in the west rebels have managed to hold.
"Our fighters weren't fighting from experience," said the local military spokesman, Ibrahim Beatelmal, noting that most had never touched a gun before joining the fight. "They had to make it all up as they went along."
The city remains surrounded, accessible only through its port and subjected to daily bombardments. After two months of siege, cemeteries accommodate rows of new graves and hospitals have transformed into battlefield clinics; doctors estimate that the siege's death toll has passed 1,000.
Yet amid the carnage, residents have organized to stave off hunger, allocate fuel and protect the city. They've erected sand berms along streets to absorb blasts, hacked down palm trees to delineate ambulance fast lanes, formed an array of administrative committees — all with a community spirit that revealed itself in many ways during an Associated Press reporter's weeklong stay.
Misrata is a merchant city, with a large professional class whose expertise has paid off in distinctive ways. Dermatologists treat blast victims. University students master street-fighting tactics.
"All of a sudden I became responsible for macaroni and onions," said Majdi Shibani, a telecommunications professor put in charge of food distribution — a daunting task in a sprawling city where all phone lines have been cut. His team oversees distribution of 400 tons of food per week from a room in the back of a hookah lounge, where customers smoke water pipes.
Donations of food have streamed in on boats from the Libyan diaspora, foreign countries and international organizations. There's little coordination, resulting in huge surpluses of, say, canned corn — which Shibani said Libyans hate.
The stalemate in Misrata mirrors the situation nationwide. Soon after the uprising against Gadhafi broke out on Feb. 15, the opposition took over Benghazi and other eastern towns, but its patchwork forces proved unable to make further gains even after U.S. and NATO airstrikes on Gadhafi's troops began in late March.
Meanwhile, government forces surrounded Misrata, 125 miles (200 kilometers) southeast of the capital Tripoli, cutting it off and attacking from three sides. Unlike fighters in eastern Libya, who retreat across stretches of desert when attacked, Misrata's rebels can't run; their backs are to the Mediterranean Sea.
After several failed attacks on Misrata, government commanders sent a column of tanks blasting its way down Tripoli Street on March 16. Residents fled, and regime sniper teams moved in, building nests on a dozen of the city's tallest buildings, notably a nine-story insurance building. Gunfire from the rooftops killed and wounded scores of civilians.
The city's youth organized resistance. Led by a handful of retired army officers, they formed brigades of dozens of fighters, each assigned to a side street, said Samir al-Hadi, a grocer who led a group at Tripoli Street's southern end.
Local youths used their intimate knowledge of the area to dodge sniper fire, serving as scouts, gunmen, messengers and supply runners. Over walkie-talkies, group leaders let others know when tanks or supply trucks arrived so they could attack them with Molotov cocktails or rocket-propelled grenades.
They first fought with only light arms. With each ambush, they captured more — mostly anti-aircraft and heavy artillery guns — which they welded to the backs of pickup trucks.
The Gadhafi regime imported the pickups — cheap Chinese imitations of name-brand trucks — in 2007, but they sat unwanted in a lot until the war. Now, the rebels have registered about 2,000, even issuing photo IDs to their drivers to prevent theft.
The fleet is essential to the rebel cause, ferrying fighters to battle, aid to families, and casualties to hospitals. Although the trucks often break down, the rebels call them a blessing.
"The bad cars Gadhafi brought us we now use to fight him," said Hisham Bansasi, who helps coordinate the fleet. "You can call it a joke of destiny."
Bigger trucks were used when the rebels — unable to blast the snipers from their positions — decided instead to cut their supply lines. While rooftop gunmen provided cover, rebels drove trucks full of sand onto Tripoli Street, dumped their trailers and shot out their tires, forming heavy roadblocks.
"When we blocked the road, there was no way to get supplies to the snipers," al-Hadi said.
The rebels then circled in, closing off back routes with destroyed cars and concrete sewage pipes.
Street battles raged while they besieged the snipers. Government forces peppered the area with mortars, killing many rebels. Al-Hadi guesses that about 400 died in the fighting on Tripoli Street alone, although no one has exact figures.
Among the victims were two Western photojournalists who had accompanied rebels to the street — Chris Hondros, a New York-based photographer for Getty Images, and British-born Tim Hetherington, co-director of the Oscar-nominated documentary "Restrepo" about U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.
As the snipers gradually weakened, rebel fighters went building by building, clearing them any way they could.
Near the battle's end, a team of snipers held out in a multistory furniture store called "Make Yourself at Home," al-Hadi said. Rebels fired on the building with anti-aircraft guns, forcing the snipers into the basement.
Gunmen then stormed the building and rolled burning tires down the stairs. Days later, its stairwell was charred black, and the smell of burnt rubber and dead bodies fouled the air.
The battle turned in late April, al-Hadi said, as government troops ran low on supplies and fled from the high-rises to nearby homes. The rebels raised their flag on the insurance building on April 21.
Rebel fighter Mustafa Zredi, 18, said he watched one of the last sniper groups seize a house on April 26 and punch holes for their rifles in the stairway walls.
"We knew we could easily put gas in a bottle and throw it over the wall to burn them out," Zredi said.
Before doing so, the fighters asked permission from the owner, 66-year-old Mohammed Labbiz. With regret, he said OK.
"That was the only way to get those dogs out," Labbiz recalled, standing in the charred shell of his home of 30 years. "I hope that God will reimburse me."
Two days later, curious families walked down Tripoli Street, snapping photos of their children next to burned-out tanks.
The fighting has caused massive displacement throughout Misrata. Thousands of residents now squat in schools or crowd in with family members.
The Refayda family, from a semi-rural area to the east, evacuated into the city in mid-April after a surge of sniper fire and bombardments.
Some 70 clan members now stay in an unfinished, four-room house near the ocean. They've divided the rooms by age and gender — women in the bedrooms, girls in the living room, boys in the garage. The oldest is 77, the youngest 4 months. About 30 of the clan's grown men are on the battlefield but visit regularly.
Demand is high for the home's three bathrooms; three children shower at a time.
Ali Hameida built the house in 2003 for his wife and five children, never imagining so many guests.
"If I had known, I'd have dug a basement," he said.
It's been impossible to keep a precise count of Misrata's death toll; doctors' estimates range between 1,000 and 2,000. The central hospital, Hikma, has registered more than 550 dead since mid-February, but others were brought to outlying clinics or buried straightaway.
The Libyan government has provided no information on how many soldiers it has lost, further blurring the picture.
Hikma, originally a private clinic, has been transformed by the war. A tent in the parking lot houses the triage unit. Another serves as a mosque. Wards are crowded around the clock, and doctors bed down in alcoves hidden behind sheets. Outside, families cluster to await news, erupting in tears and chants when a new death is confirmed.
Dr. Ali Mustafa Ali, like many of his colleagues, often sleeps at Hikma but returns home to his wife and children during lulls, snipping a few roses from his garden to bring back to work.
"The severity of the situation has made everyone pull together in a way I've never seen before," Ali said.
A group of men emerged from the hospital carrying a wooden coffin covered in a blanket — the first of 11 "martyrs" who would reach the hospital before nightfall.
"God is great," Ali said as the men passed. Then he entered the hospital to put the flowers on his desk.
"They're for the people inside," he said, "to keep their spirits up."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110504/ap_on_bi_ge/ml_libya_battle_for_misrata

standin
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
(Reuters) - Just a few months ago, Benghazi police Colonel Abdallah Shweiter spent his time dealing with orders to silence Muammar Gaddafi's critics. These days, he's busy doing what his real job was all along -- hunting down thieves, crooks and stolen cars.

"Earlier, the police worked to serve the political order and security was second," he said. "But now we do what we should be doing, which is helping people, keeping them safe and secure. Now we respect people, we're trying to show we care about them."

Shweiter described his new work under the blackened ceilings of his police station, a building with partially destroyed walls and windows coming off their hinges after protesters torched government buildings when the Libyan uprising began.

Nearly three months after rebels rose up against Gaddafi's rule, Benghazi's police -- or what's left of it -- is trying to remodel itself as a trustworthy force in the hope of reassuring residents who fear security will collapse under the rebels.

Maintaining law and order is crucial to preventing Libyans in the rebel-held east from losing faith in their administration as the conflict drags on and saps the revolutionary zeal that initially united Benghazi residents, Western diplomats say.

Much of the police force melted into the population or stayed at home when the uprising began, and the rebel government has been calling on policemen to return to its ranks.

Young men in black uniforms with new Al-Aman Al-Watani (National Security) insignia -- to signal a break from the past -- can now be seen driving around the city in small white cars or helping to direct traffic at intersections.

"People want security, so they want us," said Shweiter, as a man came in to report a missing mobile phone SIM card. The 26-year police veteran proudly points out that his rusty desk, TV set and black chairs were all donated by Benghazi residents.

"We know they trust us because they come here."

"FREAKING OUT MY MOTHER"

For a city where security forces virtually disappeared overnight and gung-ho rebels with anti-aircraft guns mounted on pick-up trucks appeared instead, Benghazi is surprisingly safe. It is no Baghdad.

Policemen and officials say reported crime has dropped in Benghazi since the uprising. Shweiter, for example, says complaints have dropped to 15 from 40 a day and officials say there have been no reports of major incidents such as bank robberies or kidnappings despite the security vacuum.

Civilians have also stepped in to help, setting up neighborhood patrols and directing traffic.

But a car bomb exploded late on Tuesday near the rebel movement's headquarters, and there have been reports of armed gangs showing up at homes and businesses demanding money.

Benghazi is also rocked by daily explosions and frequent gunfire blamed on family feuds or anti-Gaddafi celebrations, which residents say is fuelling a perception among women, children and the elderly of rising insecurity.

Sensitive to these concerns, the rebel administration has rushed out billboards around Benghazi warning enthusiastic youths against firing into the sky unnecessarily.

"Hey, young guy, don't fire. You're freaking out my mother," says one billboard, showing a man admonishing two young turbaned men with a Kalashnikov and a machine gun.

"Benghazi's families, women and children are scared and feel more insecure with every bullet you fire. Don't create panic among one another," the billboard reads. :)

Other billboards urge Libyans to give back weapons stolen from arms depots and police stations after the uprising began.

Rebel officials also acknowledge the force faces a shortage of vehicles. It had to consolidate the 15 police stations into five secured stations after an armed gang forced police at one station to hand over a detained suspect.

Boosting security and remaking the police force will be a long slog.

At a security building draped with the rebels' pre-Gaddafi era flag, a group of elite Benghazi policemen whiled away their time one recent evening, fiddling with their Kalashnikovs as they waited to be called to deal with any emergency.

Asked if they had tried to end the family feuds, most seemed surprised. "We can't do anything if families are fighting," said Abdel Gaddar Al-Arabi, the group leader. "They'll tell us to go away, that they can sort it out themselves."

Boredom seems to be the biggest problem. "Nobody calls us," said Arabi. "Perhaps in a half hour we'll go out and help at the traffic lights."

(via Cairo newsroom; editing by David Stamp)

:baaa:

jhale667
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM

Step away from the crack-pipe...SLOWLY.

And since YOU'RE a mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging Teabagged moron, I'll type this slowly for you: You're an idiot. A racist unpatriotic one, at that. :dafinger:

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes jhale responds with the typical leftist racism blather-bleat- bullshit-teaparty-fucked in the head-tattooed reply.

I can wave the flag higher than you any day and you couldn't carry my Barrett or my M16. You're the tattooed leftist that loathes the military and I'm not surprised.

Put on your Jesus boots little boy, smoke your weed and stay away from military bases. They don't like your kind.
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/epicenter/2010/08/white_flag_portobeseno-660x495.jpg
The DNC Flag

jhale667
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Yes jhale responds with the typical leftist racism blather-bleat- bullshit-teaparty-fucked in the head-tattooed reply.

I can wave the flag higher than you any day and you couldn't carry my Barrett or my M16. You're the tattooed leftist that loathes the military and I'm not surprised.

Put on your Jesus boots little boy, smoke your weed and stay away from military bases. They don't like your kind.

REPEAT: YOU"RE AN IDIOT.

Typical Racist Teabagged shithead response. You're so dumb it's amazing your brain can even remember to tell your LUNGS TO INFLATE. No wonder you can only play Kiss songs...more than three chords and a simplistic Ace pentatonic-based solo would certainly be beyond you. You're living proof the teabagged are fucked in the head, you prove it with every post.

Number 1 - no tattoos, fuckwit. Whereas you probably have crude ones done with India Ink and a straight pin you got done last time you were in JAIL....:lmao:
And when have I ever given any indication I "loathed" the military, you presumptuous asshat? You're pathetic. My best friend just retired from the USAF, my father was in WWII - and you couldn't carry either of their jocks, NOR MINE, hack. I've still got dad's Barrett, btw...want a diagram of where you can stick it, you simp?

The only flag you "can wave higher than" me - has a rainbow on it, sailor. I'm sure it's a wonderful and valid choice for you though. :turninggay:

Oh, and before you go for your usual knee-jerk "get a band" response...I will, when it's something other than a shitty Kiss tribute band. I'll leave that shit to you.

Military bases dig bands that rock, btw...not like YOU'd know, if you've ever played one it was so the troops could point and laugh at you.

Betting since you've also avoided the "Show your work" thread like the plague, chances are you suck at least as bad as RACIS and DisgrACE...

Surprised yet? Still wanna play, fuckstump? :wow2:

Nickdfresh
05-04-2011, 05:15 PM

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/epicenter/2010/08/white_flag_portobeseno-660x495.jpg
The DNC Flag

You were busy trying to avoid going back in for the War the guy you voted for started in Iraq. But now you're rah! rah! superpatriot? Really?

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
They wouldn't let me re-enlist Nick. After you and I sent a couple of quick PM's I decided to try to re-enlist. I still haven't determined why I wasn't allowed to.

I asked around and ended up with job at defense sub contractor; JDAM's.

I guess watching my work being used in Fallujah should be pretty gratifying.

Nick you served and know how it feels. Enough said.

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Played Fort Bragg right before an Afghanistan deployment jhale. Sorry to burst your unpatriotic Jesus boot wearing bubble.

You’re a leftist Democrat, tattooed or not, and your kind loathes the military. I bet your BFF and family must be so proud of your Ubama vote.

Being compared to KISS is pretty nice compliment. Thanks and the military thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QutSj-YWOc&feature=player_detailpage

Oh and by the way if any Tea Party members don’t want to fist fuck Michelle Obama like you and many others do just because Barry Ubama’s cock may have been there doesn’t make us unpatriotic little boy. You can’t understand that and I’m really not surprised.

jhale667
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Played Fort Bragg right before an Afghanistan deployment and got laughed off the stage.

Yes, we've already been over that...

You're a leftist Democrat, tattooed or not, and your kind loathes the military.

"My kind"...that goes over really well at your Klan meetings, I bet...but how many times do I have to tell you, repeating the same lie over and over because you WISH it were true doesn't make it so. I've have nothing against the military...it's the shaving your head and sleeping with men part I'm not down with...but then, you do that in your private life too. :lol:

I bet your BFF and family must be so proud of your Obama vote.

First off, spell YOUR PRESIDENT'S NAME CORRECTLY, douche.
Yes, they do - because they voted for him too, like most patriotic Americans did - little boy. And no, I wasn't comparing you to Kiss, more like describing you as a travesty of a Kiss tribute band...much like DisgrACE's.

Ya little bitch! :lmao:

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Patriotic Ubama voters?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/05/04/report-nearly-half-of-detroiters-cant-read/

DETROIT (WWJ) – According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are ”functionally illiterate.” The alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on Wednesday.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with the Fund’s Director, Karen Tyler-Ruiz, who explained exactly what this means.

“Not able to fill out basic forms, for getting a job — those types of basic everyday (things). Reading a prescription; what’s on the bottle, how many you should take… just your basic everyday tasks,” she said.

Ubama is your leader. Ubama is a socialist. His mother was fucking hippy whore. His pathetic baby daddy was a African colonialist. Ubama is a liar. Ubama is a drug user that bought his drugs from the communist FM Davis(baby daddy in absentia). That's your kind, not mine.

jhale, political correctness is form of censorship and based more on feelings and emotions of the politically correct and it's always at the expense of reason. Political correctness requires that the truth cannot be discussed or has to be overlooked. It doesn't work on me or for me, little boy. It usually means your compassion and feelings = other people's money.

For example: Buildings don't make ghettos, people make ghettos.

You won't understand this because it hurts your feelings.

(BTW, show your work?)

Guitar Shark
05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Out of curiosity, is "Ubama" supposed to be an insult of some kind?

jhale667
05-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Out of curiosity, did anyone understand jerksmear's last rambling diatribe of a post? :lmao:

Seshmeister
05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah his forename is a bit similar to Osama Bin Laden.

It's an interesting new rule that you are guilty by association for anything someone with a similar forename does.

Ted Roosevelt = Ted Bundy
John Wayne = John Wayne Gacy
George Bush = George Bush

FORD
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I suspect it's deliberately designed to look like the FAUX Noize spelling of the late Mr. Bin Laden's first name. They called him "Usama".

Guitar Shark
05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Out of curiosity, did anyone understand jerksmear's last rambling diatribe of a post? :lmao:

I think his intent was something along the following lines:

1. 47% of Detroit voters are functionally illiterate
2. The majority of Detroit voters are black
3. Blacks are "U"bama's core voters
4. Therefore, "U"bama's supporters are functionally illiterate

Or some other racist scrum, hard to keep it straight at times. Don't know where the "patriotic" thing comes from.

FORD
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Something about how he wants to be fistfucked by Michelle Obama, I think? :biggrin:

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 09:27 PM

The DNC Flag

It is always funny to me when Republican's try and paint themselves as the party "of the military".

Let's look at what they have accomplished:

Name one Elected Republican President that won a war in the 20th Century?

1903: Teddy was filling in for the President who could not even protect his front. What have you done for us lately?

WW1: Wilson-Democrat.

WW2: FDR/Truman-Democrats.

Korea: DDE-Republican: Still fighting...guess Republicans hate decisive victories.

Vietnam: LBJ Tie.

Vietnam: RMN cut and run after illegal (and just plain bad) strategies and tactics. Kept running after watergate.

Panama/Grenada: Ronald McForgetter-Republican: Sorry we were talking wars here not Police actions with end runs around the congress..that were....oh guess back on topic then. Plus throw in a little illegal funding and back deals with Iran.

Gulf War 1: GHWB. See Korea. No win....back for seconds...and still going as even sonny boy hates decisive victories....don't worry, we will clean up the mess.

21st Century:

Afghanistan/Iraq.....GWB-Republican. See Korea and First Gulf War. Meanwhile...any student of wars historically knows about how the Nazi's were roughed up in Yugoslavia during WW2 and how you NEVER send your army into urban areas with thin-skinned vehicles or without a plan for occupation....even though your Generals that were trying to help were forced out of their jobs for trying to teach you history. Strike 4 on the Bushies. Oh wait, strike 5, don't pay for your Veteran's Hospitals and make sure you cut their pensions behind their back.

Looks like the Demos are the only ones that won major wars.

Stick that in your notes next time you have your "we are your military backers" speech at the RNC convention.

Add one more question to the list: What Party did the last two Presidents belong to that killed the Worlds most hated man: Truman-Demo. Obama-Demo.

Sorry this is not even about politics...it is about war. Looks like the "right" needs to do some brushing up.

jhale667
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I think his intent was something along the following lines:

1. 47% of Detroit voters are functionally illiterate
2. The majority of Detroit voters are black
3. Blacks are "U"bama's core voters
4. Therefore, "U"bama's supporters are functionally illiterate

Or some other racist scrum, hard to keep it straight at times. Don't know where the "patriotic" thing comes from.

Something about how he wants to be fistfucked by Michelle Obama, I think? :biggrin:

I think you're both right...:biggrin: funny to see someone else bitch-slapping the little pansy, though! :lmao:

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
And I know because you misspell things like even your commander in chief's name that they would not let you hold a Barret. That is why no re upping for you nubbles.

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Barrett, little man.

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Barrett, little man.

So you both cannot spell nor read and you have AOL dialup? You serving with with F-Troop?

And JDAMs....comedy.

Go back to designing Chinese Children's Toys.

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Too many small minds to understand, too many leftist here that need to go back to their weed and the fence they sit on.

Anyone who tells you that patriotism is (Ubama quote) an “imperative of citizenship" is not a patriot.
They are peddlers of socialism; and thus you have Ubama, ignorant voters, and unpatriotic dolts.

Welcome to the thread Sinus2Sinus. You were saying bleat, blather, what?

:indifferent0020:

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
So you both cannot spell nor read and you have AOL dialup? You hanging out with F-Troop?

http://www.barrett.net/

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.barrett.net/

Too Slow Nubbles. Go back to your fascination with other people's guns...as the one you hold in your hand is way too slow. Scroll up.

Funny how I build a Tiger Pit...and instead this guy just falls in.....

Re upp.... nope not this pinhead as evidenced by the reaction time above.

chefcraig
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Barrett, little man.

Dude, Syd Barrett was awesome. That first solo album still haunts me. And those early Floyd singles? Fuhgettaboutit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH3pqYwDBdQ&feature=related

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Sinus2Sinus

*sneeze.

You will have to do better than that. My My...failure of the Educational system in Kenya. Be creative Man be Creative.....ooo shit.....look who I am talking to.

Go back to sleep.
:indifferent0020:

jhale667
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
So you both cannot spell nor read and you have AOL dialup? You serving with with F-Troop?

And JDAMs....comedy.

Go back to designing Chinese Children's Toys.

Notice - in addition to a military fetish- Jerksmear also has a Napoleon complex thing goin' on with the "little" references...when he clearly has the smallest mind, and tiniest crusty thimble for a dick, one imagines... in the room. Such anger, Jerky! :biggrin:

Poor little racist getting owned.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g640g6g68g619.gif

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Jack Off's me:

Get a Real war Face:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

And get a Real gun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin-Nagant

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Find the neophyte:

http://www.navytimes.com/xml/news/2011/05/ap-tension-as-obama-security-team-watched-raid-050211/050211-wh-binladen-800.JPG

Hint: There may be more than one.

jacksmar
05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Sinus2Sinus, I don't carry an M16 or a Barrett anymore but I do carry after all these years. It's patriotic and in Florida you can carry after a CWP course.

http://knightshooting.com/

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
• Safe and family oriented, fun for all ages

Sounds like fun.

jhale667
05-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Sinus2Sinus, I don't carry an M16 or a Barrett anymore but I do carry after all these years. It's patriotic and in Florida you can carry after a CWP course.

http://knightshooting.com/

No, you carry because you're a paranoid flag-waving needle-dick racist that has to compensate for all your other deficiencies. :lmao:

"Patriotic". Go fuck yourself. It's your right as an American, but you're no patriot.

jhale667
05-04-2011, 11:18 PM
What reeeeally bothers Jerksmear about that pic he posted is that the most powerful man in America is black, and ran the show at a pivotal point in US history from a conference room at the White House. Notice, he's sitting next to the dude he was telling whether or not to drop bombs on shit...:lol:

FORD
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
I only know of one guy who carries a white flag, and he's not a member of the Democratic party......

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_f2A0whTF7Xc/SJp4BjXDxTI/AAAAAAAACkk/KWyH_ivFZ0I/351-10209-size3.jpg

...though he probably would be if he could vote here.

SunisinuS
05-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I know who unfurls a Red Flag at the beginning of their concerts...Damn Commies.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzDDXMni5Pc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzDDXMni5Pc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

sadaist
05-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I know who unfurls a Red Flag at the beginning of their concerts...Damn Commies.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzDDXMni5Pc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzDDXMni5Pc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

No...not commies. Proof below.....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/sadaist/iwojima.jpg

jhale667
05-05-2011, 12:49 AM
No...not commies. Proof below.....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/sadaist/iwojima.jpg

Ahem "...how does the congressman know their ideologies haven't...shifted over the years..."

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2398/2039773963_63c62154fc.jpg

sadaist
05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Ahem "...how does the congressman know their ideologies haven't...shifted over the years..."

Don't spoil my fun :)

And Van Halen are some serious capitalists. Just look how much they raked in from the 07/08 tour.

standin
05-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Patriotic Ubama voters?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/05/04/report-nearly-half-of-detroiters-cant-read/

DETROIT (WWJ) – According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are ”functionally illiterate.” The alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on Wednesday.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with the Fund’s Director, Karen Tyler-Ruiz, who explained exactly what this means.

“Not able to fill out basic forms, for getting a job — those types of basic everyday (things). Reading a prescription; what’s on the bottle, how many you should take… just your basic everyday tasks,” she said.

Ubama is your leader. Ubama is a socialist. His mother was fucking hippy whore. His pathetic baby daddy was a African colonialist. Ubama is a liar. Ubama is a drug user that bought his drugs from the communist FM Davis(baby daddy in absentia). That's your kind, not mine.

jhale, political correctness is form of censorship and based more on feelings and emotions of the politically correct and it's always at the expense of reason. Political correctness requires that the truth cannot be discussed or has to be overlooked. It doesn't work on me or for me, little boy. It usually means your compassion and feelings = other people's money.

For example: Buildings don't make ghettos, people make ghettos.

You won't understand this because it hurts your feelings.

(BTW, show your work?)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2398/2039773963_63c62154fc.jpg

http://davidleeroth.com/img/gallery-001/F03.jpg

standin
05-05-2011, 06:44 AM
www.davidleeroth.com
Seemed to have a few new pictures, too.
Mainly, of the crew.

standin
05-05-2011, 06:53 AM
http://davidleeroth.com/img/gallery-001/B01N2.jpg

Seshmeister
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
His mother was fucking hippy whore. His pathetic baby daddy was a African colonialist. Ubama is a liar. Ubama is a drug user that bought his drugs from the communist FM Davis(baby daddy in absentia). That's your kind, not mine.

You do realise you are posting at a David Lee Roth website?

Seshmeister
05-05-2011, 08:51 AM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/Seshmeister/facefail4.jpg

jacksmar
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
You do realise you are posting at a David Lee Roth website?

Roth Army right?:biggrin:

jacksmar
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
"No, you carry because you're a paranoid flag-waving needle-dick racist that has to compensate for all your other deficiencies."

Check the signature little man.

jacksmar
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
"What reeeeally bothers Jerksmear about that pic he posted is that the most powerful man in America is black, and ran the show at a pivotal point in US history from a conference room at the White House."

That's your point of view and you stated it. That's pretty racist and unpatriotic. jhale, a sycophant like yourself will have to deal with truth at some time.

Did you spot the neophyte, little man?

jhale667
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Don't spoil my fun :)

And Van Halen are some serious capitalists. Just look how much they raked in from the 07/08 tour.

Agreed, but I was more spoiling Jerksmear's. Its fun to sink his already barely floating, band-aided battleship...:hee:

jhale667
05-05-2011, 10:41 AM
"What reeeeally bothers Jerksmear about that pic he posted is that the most powerful man in America is black, and ran the show at a pivotal point in US history from a conference room at the White House."

That's your point of view and you stated it. That's pretty racist and unpatriotic. jhale, a sycophant like yourself will have to deal with truth at some time.

Did you spot the neophyte, little man?

No that's the TRUTH and I stated it, and you're still hating it. You're the one who's the unpatriotic, sniveling little bitch. Everyone else here knows it - so OWN it. Like I regularly own you. Face the facts, you flea-fucking boy.