X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Does Edward Have the Balls...?

Does Eddie have the balls to give an ultimatum to his sister Alexis?

I mean, it is Alex that hates Dave so much and is an impediment to a hypothetical reunion, right? Let us assume that this is a correct notion. Let's also assume that the (Van Hagar with) Aerosmith tour rumor is also shit, which I am pretty sure it is.

Would Ed tell Alex, "fuck you, I want to play live with Dave, with or without you!"? Could just a mini-tour featuring Dave on vocals and Ed on guitar make it at larger venues, with a rhythm section sans Plant & Paige a few years ago?
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Would Ed tell Alex, "fuck you, I want to play live with Dave, with or without you!"? Could just a mini-tour featuring Dave on vocals and Ed on guitar make it at larger venues, with a rhythm section sans Plant & Paige a few years ago?
    As for Ed telling Alex off....I'm not sure that would happen.

Would a mini-tour of Dave and Ed sell??? DAMN STRAIGHT!

Let's face it....DLR and EVH were the main attraction of CVH. I'd be first in line to see them rekindle that magic again.

Very cool idea Nickdfresh! As I recall, the whole "Page/Plant" thing and the release of "No Quarter" was a huge success. I don't see why Ed and Dave would not find that same success.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I believe Ed would have no problem telling Alex to shut the fuck up and do what he's told.
      The problem is that they are both in agreement on their feelings for Dave.
      Alex knows who the draw was in that band, and he wouldn't risk missing out on anything if Ed really wanted to work with Dave.

Mike and Al have said for years they wouldn't work with Dave again, and then we got two tunes in '96, they worked together again in 2000, and then in 2002, right?
      If Ed wants it, Ed gets it, period.

Dave and Ed were the two who were crying together at Dave's Dad's house when they went their seperate ways, Al and Mike were nowhere to be found.
      Dave told Ed that someday they would reconvene, but Ed didn't understand that, according to Dave.
      Then, VH took all the material they had been working on with Dave and added Spam to the mix, launched a series of interviews slamming Dave which Spam and his management helped to fuel only to make Dave look bad and make Spam more acceptable to the fans.

Dave didn't start this shit, Ed, Al and Spam started this shit and Mike just followed like any good employee would.

But if Ed woke up today and said, "Hey, let's call Dave and do a record", they would be calling Dave and doing a record.

That has already been proven.
      Sure, chances are they wouldn't like it and would say as much, but if Ed really wanted to, they would.

Comment

• Jickson
        Groupie
        • Oct 2004

Re: Does Edward Have the Balls...?

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Could just a mini-tour featuring Dave on vocals and Ed on guitar make it at larger venues, with a rhythm section sans Plant & Paige a few years ago?
        "sans" means without.

And I think they should all grow up, and just do it. I mean Christ, they are multi-millionaire adults. They have no idea how much pleasure they would bring their fans. Where would a couple of dutch-whinos be if it wasn't for their fans, and of course Dave. Who cares about the ego shit. NO Eddie, admitting that Dave made you famous doesn't make you look like a pussy. But saying that he had nothing to do with it is delusional.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Just remember boys and girls that without Dave we would have no Van Halen, we'd have had Rat Salade, and never have heard about them.

But some Cali kids in their 40's and 50's would have some great memories of backyard parties in their youth.

Dave knew where they needed to be playing, dave knew how to market the band and build a following without sending in demo tapes, without agents and managers.
          They were booking, promoting and managing their own shows in front of crowds numbering 5,000 people.

None of which happened until Dave joined the band and got them into Gazzari's for the first time.

If not for Dave the brothers would have still been doing their note for note cover tunes in front of drunkin crowds of 300 people.

The music biz is all about timing, and without Dave the window of opportunity would have passed them by.

Comment

• loss of fools
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

sounds good to me, i couldent give a rats arse about mike and al. not that i wouldent want a full reunion mind you. im sure dave and ed would be able to shift tickets cause as this site clearly shows theres thousands of people that want a reunion and a chance to see dave and ed together again would be better than nothing.

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
              Roadie
              • Jun 2005

ALTHOUGH...EDDIE AND ALEX ARE EXTRA'S IN A GREAT MUSICAL-THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE WITH DAVE AS THE MAIN AND EDDIE AS THE SUPPORTING ROLE...MIKE AND AL'S CONTRIBUTION JUST MAKES IT ALL THAT MUCH MORE REAL! AND MY BET IS THAT THEY WOULD NEVER DO IT W/O EM...I MEAN, IF YOU GET EDDIE AND DAVE TO AGREE TO DO IT. THEN, YOUR FUCKING 99% THERE! EVERYTHING ELSE WOULD FOLLOW SUIT! AND THAT INCLUDES THAT SHIELA...ALEX! SO, WHILE THIS WAS THOUGHT TO BE A GREAT THREAD REALLY COMES DOWN TO BE A PRETTY LAME AND NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT ONE!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

No!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Cat pretty much nailed it on the head...

...but at this stage of the game...I'm happy with the 6 albums...and 2 new songs...and am done with it...

Ed's head is up his ass...

and every time he tries to pull it out...he thinks something different...and the fans pay for it...

so fuck it...

Fuck CVH reuniting...

Fuck Dave and Ed...

I'm happy with watching Dave tour when he does...and not having to worry about Ed's head...and how far it's up his ass at the time...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
                    Roadie
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    Cat pretty much nailed it on the head...

...but at this stage of the game...I'm happy with the 6 albums...and 2 new songs...and am done with it...

Ed's head is up his ass...

and every time he tries to pull it out...he thinks something different...and the fans pay for it...

so fuck it...

Fuck CVH reuniting...

Fuck Dave and Ed...

I'm happy with watching Dave tour when he does...and not having to worry about Ed's head...and how far it's up his ass at the time...
                    THANKS...IF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT MY PIECE!! YOU DEFINITELY ARE A GOOD LEADER!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I don't really care if it happens or not.

What I would be drooling over is a front row ticket for when he tells Alex his services are no longer needed!!!!!!!!
                      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
                        Roadie
                        • Jun 2005

HALF OF EDWARD'S BALLS ARE IN ALEX'S MOUTH AND THE OTHER HALF ARE IN MICHAEL'S...IF HE COULD GRAB A HOLD OF EM...WE MIGHT HAVE A REUNION! FAR AS MICHAEL'S...HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO LOSE HIS JOB...MUSICALLY SPEAKING, CUZ HE'S BEEN GIVING ALEX AND EDDIE HAND-JOB'S SINCE 1985!!!

Comment

• VHdamaco
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
                          THANKS...IF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT MY PIECE!! YOU DEFINITELY ARE A GOOD LEADER!
                          he wasn't talking about you or your piece jackass...

poj sstarted off by saying "cat nailed it" referring to cathedral...

quit fishing for praise and acting like you're a bad ass, becuase you're nothing but a fucking wannabe...

by the way, turn off the caps lock dicknose. makes you look llike an attention whore...
                          Don't FUCK With Greatness...

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2005

UR NOTHING MORE THAN AN 18 YR. OLD PUNK ...SQUIRT! U WANT SOME ATTENTION THEN GOT ME A JUICE-BOX AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A WANNABE IS...EVERY SECOND GENERATION VH FAN IS JUST TRYING TO PIGGYBACK THEIR ELDER'S AS THEY SHOULD!! UR THE WANNABE...loser!

u ok now?

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
                              UR NOTHING MORE THAN AN 18 YR. OLD PUNK ...SQUIRT! U WANT SOME ATTENTION THEN GOT ME A JUICE-BOX AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A WANNABE IS...EVERY SECOND GENERATION VH FAN IS JUST TRYING TO PIGGYBACK THEIR ELDER'S AS THEY SHOULD!! UR THE WANNABE...loser!

u ok now?
                              Word to the wise.....

When you've only been here 2 days and have made 95 posts, you are bound to piss people off.

Stop fucking posting for a while. Read some threads and get to know the flow of things around here.

DLR7884
                              You are starting to get on quite a few nerves around here, chill the fuck out.
                              Originally Posted by WARF:
                              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

Working...