X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Does Eddie have the balls to give an ultimatum to his sister Alexis?

I mean, it is Alex that hates Dave so much and is an impediment to a hypothetical reunion, right? Let us assume that this is a correct notion. Let's also assume that the (Van Hagar with) Aerosmith tour rumor is also shit, which I am pretty sure it is.

Would Ed tell Alex, "fuck you, I want to play live with Dave, with or without you!"? Could just a mini-tour featuring Dave on vocals and Ed on guitar make it at larger venues, with a rhythm section à la Plant & Page a few years ago?
    (sorry bro )
    I think you're right: there is no other plausible way for them to join together again.
    Maybe it would even give the whole stuff more strength and impact.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Its in Ed's hands.

But I worry because it seems (or at least from last years Hagar tour) that Alex is now pulling the strings in VH.

I got this message from the fact that only Alex and Sam were doing the interviews and there were none from Edward (save for his retarded response to a critic's review of a Van Hagar show)
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Nah. Ed ain't got the sack for it.

Used to think Ed had brass ones for not reuniting with Dave in 1996, and doing what he wanted to by getting Cherone in there. Now, I think Ed just wasn't aware of how many people hadn't forgotten about CVH, and thought he would find a degree of success with Cherone, just like he found an initial degree of success with Van Hagar after Roth split in 1985.

Ed, his fuckin' brother, their chubby bass player and that Red Wabo scrotum have no courage. Never did from the get-go, because they didn't have the balls to go out billed as something other than Van Halen, and always found the need to play CVH stuff live.

Ed digs his little buffer zone. He ain't gonna risk anything by stepping outside of the Van Halen bubble. To go out with Roth and someone other than his brother and Mike Anthony represents a change and taking a chance. That kind of adventurousness was bled out of Ed's system a long time ago.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
          ALTHOUGH...EDDIE AND ALEX ARE EXTRA'S IN A GREAT MUSICAL-THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE WITH DAVE AS THE MAIN AND EDDIE AS THE SUPPORTING ROLE...MIKE AND AL'S CONTRIBUTION JUST MAKES IT ALL THAT MUCH MORE REAL! AND MY BET IS THAT THEY WOULD NEVER DO IT W/O EM...I MEAN, IF YOU GET EDDIE AND DAVE TO AGREE TO DO IT. THEN, YOUR FUCKING 99% THERE! EVERYTHING ELSE WOULD FOLLOW SUIT! AND THAT INCLUDES THAT SHIELA...ALEX! SO, WHILE THIS WAS THOUGHT TO BE A GREAT THREAD REALLY COMES DOWN TO BE A PRETTY LAME AND NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT ONE!
          Telling me all about "well-thought-out" threads, eh cocksmoker? What's a matter, can't talk to a 15-year-old girl about how you prefer shaved nutsack in it balllicker? BTW, you can stop sending me gay PM's. I'm really not interested.

Comment

Working...