• Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Lions look pretty good.

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

They did. We don't need anymore injury, thats for sure.

Would like to see some Kevin Jones now. Going to be different having a real threat back there.

Need Bly and Bryant healthy and out there, but good experience for the young guys.

I thought the Steelers runningback, #46 Donte Brown was solid.

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

And Roethlisberger looked comfortable back there. I thought he played well for the first time out.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I keep trying to tell you Va...the only qb this team has a shot with is Roeth...and the only reason why I say that is because the others suck for 1...and he hasn't shown any reason to think otherwise...

Pittsburgh doing anything with Maddox's contract was a mistake...and we'll see that soon...

they should have gone after a midlevel guy...a Brees...who could serve as a starter...and be a longterm backup...

Maddox should have been cut...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ALinChainz
            I thought the Steelers runningback, #46 Donte Brown was solid.
            Right up until he fumbled on his own 20.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              I keep trying to tell you Va...the only qb this team has a shot with is Roeth...and the only reason why I say that is because the others suck for 1...and he hasn't shown any reason to think otherwise...

Pittsburgh doing anything with Maddox's contract was a mistake...and we'll see that soon...

they should have gone after a midlevel guy...a Brees...who could serve as a starter...and be a longterm backup...

Maddox should have been cut...
              He's gonna have a better year Poj, mark my words....

The O-line is healthy (for now), and that makes a huge difference....

And don't discount Duce being back there for the majority of the snaps vice Bettis....

A good running game, with a healthy O-line, obviously means you don't drop back to pass as often....

Now if Bettis was still #1, then you'd be looking at 2nd and 8, 3rd and 7, etc....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Snoo

I'd be playing Brown in front of Bettis. He was great last preseason and looks well on his way again. He was good in college. He redeemed himself after the fumble.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Yeah, I just can't see him going to the practice squad again...

Every time he goes out there, he produces....

I can't see Bettis being cut, but I can see something like Verron Haynes being sent to the squad instead of Brown....

Comment

• Snoo

That would be nice. Hopefully when Bettis breaks down this time he can do it early in the year and help the team out unlike his usual where he's "a few days rest away from being 100%" and doesn't officially admit he's fucked up until midway through the year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

How can he NOT have a better year after last year...

he'd have to be dead...not to...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Well...the Steelers do have depth at running back...I'm just not sold on Duce as of yet...

better than Bettis though...but if Jerome beats him out...I give up...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Seems like for the money they paid for Duce, he'd better be the starter.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Well, from the highlights I was able to see, Duce was hitting the holes much faster than Bettis....

BTW, Saturday's Texans-Steelers game will be shown on the NFL Network at 1PM EST... Didn't see anything live on the dish...

Comment

• Lou

I didn't read all the posts but here's my over/under win total for the Stillers this year: 5½ games

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Goddamned Eagle fans...

Comment

Working...