X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    and fucking Rutherford is a genious...he gets Cole and fucking Staal for 8 million combined...

and what did fucking Elias sign for...6 million?

hilariuos...
    Well, as good as Staal is going to be, his age dictates that his salary is about right.

Cole, is he wasn't injured this year...I doubt he would have gone so cheap.

You are right, it is a steal.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Anson Carter apparently talking to the Pens (among others) according to TSN....

Anson isn't getting the dollars he had hoped for.

GMs realize that he benefitted from the Sedins emerging here last year.

20 of his 30 goals were of the Dave Semenko variety - ie) the perfect pass just to be tapped in.

If he had any hands, he would have had fifty.

Still, he has a nose for the net and can get open with his strength.

Pittsburgh would be a good place for him to end up.

He is looking for that one last long-term contract...probably 2.2 million, 2.8 million, 3 million, 2.8 million for 4 years.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Well, put Carter on Crosby's line, and he'd get his 50....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Staal...less his age...and more his amount of years...

if he weren't restricted...he'd make double that in a bigger city...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2004

Looks like Detroit could announce the signings of Shanny & Belfour on Monday. The OLD just getting older.

Heard more Peca to the Leafs rumors. He will get some good $ after the playoffs he had.

I agree about Carolina. Staal is a superstar. Put him with Cole and you have some great scoring. They will be strong next year, also remember Cam Ward is going to get even better in net, he is still young.

Not sure What the Pens are going to do. They are solid up the middle with Crosby & Malkin. I wouls assume Staal plays another year of JR. They need some help on D, also some scoring at the wing. Carter may want to much $$ for the Pens to consider him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I don't see Staal coming up right now...

Va will surely add to this...but Malkin and Crosby will make the team all the better...

but there is still a lack of solid complementary players on the Pens...that just isn't being addressed..

not sure if it's the impending sale...or what...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

not sure if it's the impending sale...or what...

That is exactly what it is.

It may sound simple to sign players but owners need to make the call and at what dollar amount, with wiggle room if need be.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I don't know if Va posted anything about it in the Pittsburgh thread...

did the cuban and Marino group get the okay to buy the Pens?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

If Cuban is a background owner...you gotta think the owners have some cash...and at least we know they are going to stay in Pittsburgh...

Just a guess here...but I've gotta think that at some point...Cuban makes the move to take over that team...and everyone will be okay with it...

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2004

Hearing now that Shanny could now be signing with the Rangers. They may have beat Detroits offer. 1 year/$4 mil????

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

This is where teams start getting really stupid...

The Rangers have just been looking for someone to overspend on...and have been getting spurned left and right...

so here you go...makes some kind of odd sense....

Shanny is a good player...a great player even...and obviously the new rules have helped him out tremendously...

but if he makes over 4 million...IMO...that's a mistake...especially for a team like the Rangers...who have a buttload of money tied up in a few players...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I don't know if Va posted anything about it in the Pittsburgh thread...

did the cuban and Marino group get the okay to buy the Pens?
                          They're minority investors with the Murstein group that's applying for the ownership...

It's one of about 5 serious applicants....

We should know something in about two weeks...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                            Hearing now that Shanny could now be signing with the Rangers. They may have beat Detroits offer. 1 year/$4 mil????
                            The Wings were offering the same amount of cash, and supposedly Montreal offered more....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I read somewhere...lmfao...maybe here...that Detroit's offer was for 2 years...

probably in Detroit thread...

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Aug 2004

It's official.......Shanny to New York Rangers

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Comment

Working...