X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I read somewhere...lmfao...maybe here...that Detroit's offer was for 2 years...

probably in Detroit thread...
    That's a good place for hockey info
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I wonder if teams like Vancouver, Pitt, Edmonton and the like are waiting for teams like Buffalo who have 12!!! players going to arbitration.

Alot of good players will need to be moved and they could be reasonably priced.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

You guys are right, several trades are about to go down in the next few weeks.

Pretty big 3-way deal between Ottawa, Chi & SJ.

Pressing & prospect to CHI for Mark Bell to SJ.

CHI sends Pressing, prospects & picks to Ottawa for Havlat & Smolinski.

I really like this trade for San Jose. Mark Bell adds grit, toughness and a some scoring. He will fit in as the #1 LW with Joe & Cheech. Last year Mark Bell had 25 goals & 107 PIMs and a shitty Hawks team. He should easily get 30+ goals playing with the best passing Center in the league.

I am also relieved that we(San Jose) DIDN"T get that EUROpuss Havlat. What a cheap bastard. Also screw giving him $6 million per year, fuck that salary cap hit.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

I hear the Leafs will announce a new three year deal

with Cesar Maniago anytime now.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

The UFA list is slowly shrinking....

Canadiens just signed Samsonov....

Heard a fresh rumor (again) that Carter is talking to the Pens...

Maybe that one has some legs...
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

New NHL schedule announced....

NHL releases 2006-2007 schedule

Hurricanes score

Canadian Press

7/12/2006 3:49:26 PM

NEW YORK (CP) - The 2006-07 NHL season kicks off with the Battle of Ontario in Toronto and the Stanley Cup banner-raising in Carolina.

The Ottawa Senators visit the Maple Leafs in one of three games Oct. 4 while the Hurricanes will hoist their championship banner to the rafters at RBC Center before facing the Buffalo Sabres.

Dallas is at Colorado in the other game on opening night, which begins one day earlier than last season. The 2006-07 schedule wraps up Sunday, April 8, 10 days earlier than the Olympic-interrupted season last year.

The Stanley Cup playoffs begin April 11 and will conclude no later than June 11, eight days earlier than the June 19 ending this year when Carolina topped Edmonton in Game 7 of the Cup final.

Edmonton Oilers fans will get a chance to welcome back star defenceman Chris Pronger on Nov. 28 when the Anaheim Ducks visit for the first time. The Oilers are also at Anaheim to first face Pronger's new team on Oct. 25.

Roberto Luongo's first start with the Vancouver Canucks won't be an easy one as his new team visits Detroit on Thursday, Oct. 5. The Montreal Canadiens don't open until Friday, Oct. 8, at Buffalo.

The first Saturday of the season on Hockey Night In Canada will feature Montreal at Toronto and Edmonton at Calgary. The Oilers also open the season at home to the rival Flames on Oct. 5, one of 10 games that Thursday night.

The Habs also visit the Leafs on Saturday, Nov. 11, in the annual Hall of Fame Game. Two nights later, the Hall of Fame will welcome former Canadiens and Colorado Avalanche goalie Patrick Roy, forward Dick Duff and Calgary Flames governor Harley Hotchkiss. Coaching legend Herb Brooks will also be inducted posthumously.

The Hurricanes face the Oilers in Edmonton on Wednesday, Dec. 6, in a rematch of the 2006 Stanley Cup finalists.

The annual Hockey Day In Canada triple-header on CBC will take place on Jan. 13, when Montreal travels to Ottawa, the Vancouver Canucks visit Toronto and the Western Conference champion Oilers are in Calgary.

The NHL all-star break goes Jan. 21-25 in Dallas. The YoungStars game will be at American Airlines Center on Tuesday, Jan. 23, and the 55th NHL all-star game will be played there the following night.

Once again the teams will play eight games against divisional rivals and four games against each of the 10 non-division clubs in its conference. The remaining 10 games will be against the other conference, five at home against the clubs in a designated division and five on the road against a different designated division.

For inter-conference play in 2006-07, the Northwest Division teams host the Southeast Division teams and visit the Northeast Division; the Pacific Division teams visit the Southeast Division and receive the Atlantic Division, and the Central Division teams visit the Atlantic Division and play at home against the Northeast Division.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Leafs agree to deal with Peca

TSN.ca with CP files

7/17/2006 9:29:24 PM

Sources tell TSN the Toronto Maple Leafs are expected to announce the signing of veteran centre Mike Peca on Tuesday.

Peca has agreed to a one-year, 2.5-million dollar contract.

The Canadian Press reports that the Leafs and Peca have been courting each other for well over a week with both camps agreeing Toronto is a good fit for the 11-year NHL centre.

The 32-year-old Toronto native, a two-time Selke Trophy winner as the NHL's top defensive forward, makes his off-season home in Buffalo, making Toronto an ideal geographical location.

Peca, who earned $3.99 million US last season in Edmonton, rebounded with a strong second half and terrific playoff after a slow start to the regular season. He put up six goals, five assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 playoff games, winning key faceoffs and killing penalties, while centring a line between Fernando Pisani and Raffi Torres that was instrumental in the Oilers' magical run. He had nine goals and 14 assists in 71 regular-season games.

In Toronto, Peca fills one of the voids left by centres Jason Allison and Eric Lindros, the latter signing with Dallas on Monday. Allison, also an unrestricted free agent, isn't expected back with the Leafs.

Peca, who has 394 career points (160-234) in 693 regular-season games with Vancouver, Buffalo, the New York Islanders and Edmonton, was traded to Edmonton from the Islanders last Aug. 3 in exchange for forward Mike York and a fourth-round pick in last Saturday's entry draft.

Peca, a junior star with the Ottawa 67's, was also a member of Team Canada's 2002 Olympic champion team in Salt Lake City.

Link

Hmmm Peca and Tucker on the same team??

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Peca raised his level of play 5 or 6 notches in the playoffs.

I wish he was here in Van
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

I've always liked him. Looking forward to seeing him

play here. Still can't get a handle on this Leaf team

though.

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Good news, we need character players like that....
                      Teams need more work though, like getting rid of Jason Allison for starters....
                      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Islanders fire GM Smith, hire Snow

Just 40 days after naming Neil Smith as general manager, the New York Islanders decided it was time for a fresh new face.

The team announced on Tuesday that they have fired Smith and hired former Islanders goaltender Garth Snow as the new general manager.

"I spoke with Garth at length throughout the spring about the general manager's position and he really impressed me with his passion and his knowledge," said Islanders owner Charles Wang.

"When the job opened up, the choice was an easy one. Garth knows the league as well as anyone, has an eye for talent and understands how our staff works as a team. Most importantly, Garth is a man of integrity, someone I trust will work hard, be creative and represent the Islanders with dignity."

Snow joins a hockey operations staff that also includes head coach Ted Nolan, senior advisor Pat LaFontaine, player development director Bryan Trottier, chief amateur scout Tony Feltrin and pro scouting director Ken Morrow. He becomes just the third person in NHL history to go from a player in one season to general manager in the following season. Bob Clarke played his last season for the Philadelphia Flyers in 1982-83 and became GM in 1983-84, and Serge Savard played his final season for the Winnipeg Jets in 1982-83 before returning to the Montreal Canadiens as GM for the 1983-84 season.

"This is a proud moment for me, a dream come true," said Snow.

"It's an opportunity I wanted more than anything. I look forward to working with Ted, Pat, Bryan and the scouts. Islander fans can be assured that this franchise is going to do everything in its power to bring another Stanley Cup to Long Island."

Smith was hired as GM of the Islanders during the Stanley Cup final, at the same time the team hired Nolan as head coach.

He replaced Mike Milbury, who announced in January he would step down from the position after helping find a replacement. Milbury assumed a position as vice president of Wang's sports properties.

Smith was the New York Rangers' GM from 1989-2000 and assembled the team that ended their 54-year Stanley Cup championship drought in 1994. He worked as a television analyst after being fired by the team after the 1999-2000 season. He first served as a scout with the Isles and owns a Stanley Cup ring from the 1981-82 season before taking a job as scout with the Detroit Red Wings.

Over the last three weeks, Smith worked to make quick improvements to the Islanders lineup by adding free agent forwards Chris Simon, Mike Sillinger, and Andy Hilbert, as well as defencemen Brendan Witt and Tom Poti.

"As I made clear at the press conference last month, we are running this as a business, incorporating the opinions of our hockey operations staff - including Ted Nolan, Bryan Trottier and Pat LaFontaine," said Wang. "Despite Neil's commitment to me that he could work in this environment, he later expressed to me on a number of occasions his philosophical opposition to our business model.

"In light of our differences, I felt that I had no choice but to make this decision in the best interests of the Islanders and our fans. I'm very proud of our draft and the roster additions our staff made this month. Our fans should know that with Ted, Garth, Bryan and Pat helping to lead the way, the Islanders are in very good hands."

Link

Hmmm, Nolan is a very good coach, and he has certainly paid

his dues. But did he just get another GM shit canned?

Already??:eek:

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Report: LaFontaine leaves Islanders

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CP) - The fallout continues on Long Island.

New York Islanders senior adviser Pat LaFontaine advised Islanders owner Charles Wang on Tuesday night that he is resigning, a source told The Canadian Press.

LaFontaine was hired on June 8, the same day the Islanders hired Ted Nolan as their new coach and Neil Smith as general manager.

The Hall of Famer played for Nolan in Buffalo and Smith with the Rangers.

In the wake of Smith's stunning firing on Tuesday, LaFontaine handed his resignation to Wang following the news conference.

New York goalie Garth Snow retired to take over the general manager position. Wang said Smith told him he had difficulty working within the team's revamped front office.

Link

Hmmmmmm......

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

WTF is up with Nolan. This can't be coincidence.

Wang is an idiot though.

Garth Snow to replace Neil Smith?

Snow does not have the business accumen to be an NHL GM.

Typical Islanders.

Bush league move. Good for LaFontaine for jumping ship.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Anson Carter still with no deal.

Toronto signing Peca makes me think he isn't going there.

I know he wants 3 million.

Cap money is disappearing fast, better hurry up Carter before you're down to 1.5.

Nucks have offered 2 million.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Ferguson says he's done.

I think he's done too

At the end of this year, or earlier.

Comment

Working...