The NBA Playoffs 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I don't think Lebron's game resembles Michaels in the least...
    LeBron's game resembles Magic's game more than Jordan's.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nah...Lebron is a playmaker for sure...but make no bones about it...Lebron is a score first mentality...which makes him...by definition...not like Magic...if he were to able actually play the point (and not like season one...where he was the total offense) and distribute...

you could maybe make the connection to Magic...

I don't know...I think Lebron is developing his game...who knows what the fuck it's going to look like by the end...

he's got a much more of a slasher mentality...IMO...superior than Wade...and is developing an outside game...

combine that with his playmaking ability...and you have the tools...at least...to be something never seen before...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• He's really like a hybrid of several types of players, very unique. Next year should be very interesting, especially if the Cavs can trade for a real point guard.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• I agree...but the real interesting thing is the buzz that Lebron is wanting the task of being the point...

with Hughes the number 2...

they go out and get themselves a good 3...keep Gooden at 4...and sign Evans...or Magliore...

could be interesting...

I think it's in Lebron to average 30...and have 10 assists...if they can get a three that can shoot...and have a healthy Hughes for the year...

and a big man that can board...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Big difference is this, Magic didn't need to score for the Lakers to dominate. Magic could control a game without taking a single shot, there has been nobody else like that IMO. All these guys we talk about, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, MJ, they need to score for their teams to win.

Comment

• But...the game is vastly different...a lot more teams...a lot less talent...

rare is the day where you find the weapons that Magic had to give the ball too.

Now...we all know Magic was a special player...but I think we can probably concur that if the Cavs had Kareem, Scott, Green, Cooper, Worthy, Wilkes, Nixon, Lucas...etc....Lebron probably wouldn't have to score as much...

nor Kobe...

Now...Magic is top 2, 3, 4, 5...whatever you think...no doubt about it...and his scoring increased, as Kareem's decreased...

but he never won a title without Kareem, and as the primary scorer for the Lakers...

My point is...sometimes the times dictate your play...

Magic never had to develop an outside game...or really...had to be the primary scorer because they had so many others to fill the hole...

could he have?

of course...

But like I said...I think there have been players that Brett mentioned...that could have been more of a facilitator had their team dictated it...

Magic was special...truly special...

but so were the Lakers...

Comment

• I do agree that Magic could control a game without taking a shot...that never happened...but he could...

Comment

• Larry Brown was fired today, replaced by Isiah

Knicks owner commenting on firing Brown, in which the details are to be ironed out by Commish Stern as per Brown's contract:

"Larry has had a long and storied career. We hired him last summer with the expectation that he would be with the Knicks for a long time," Dolan said. "Sometimes decisions work and sometimes they don't."

Yeah...and in the case of the Knicks he should say:

"Decisions never work for us, god help us..."
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Do I get a freebie into Big Dog and

Last GAME, NBA Finals, near HALF, Heaters looked tough.

A clue is LSU Coach DALE BROWN was up for the rap session, and you know he was ready, FOR BROWN SOUND.

Heat were going UP. What do YOU think you want, for sounds? PAY.
                    Last edited by bobgnote; 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by Unchainme
                      [B] Fuck Did Jordan have players like Payton, Mourning and yes even Shaq to help him win fucking championships?, FUCK NO!

Uh, Michael had Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman, so that's actually a FUCK YEAH.
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Wade hot a lot more complimentary pieces than the Bulls had. Shit the Lakers had the least of any of those title teams, with Shaq/Kobe...and whoever else was on that day.

Comment

• Wilbon on PTI was being a moron today, Saying that Wade would win "3 more Championships" and lebron will "only win 2", Fucking bullshit. Lets see how Wade looks when Shaqueer finally hangs it up.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Who gives a fuck who had the most complimentary players...

if you go by that...then guys like Russell, Magic and Bird wouldn't be considered because they had hall of fame counterparts...

Good players transcend their teams...period...

Comment

• Wilbon is a moron...predicting titles is ridiculous at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Wilbon is a moron...predicting titles is ridiculous at this point...
                                yup, And considering the fact that Wade doesn't have the best knees as well, LeBron will be around longer than Wade.
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...
                                X