David Lee Roth set to sign with Sirius Satellite Radio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

David Lee Roth set to sign with Sirius Satellite Radio?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 22, 2006

Roth Setting Sights on Sirius?
    Here Comes the Big Fuck You to CBS...
    (A.P.) Hell, Mich. - Roth Army World Headquarters

It sure doesn't take long for the rumors to start, does it. But here we go. A day after Roth was fired from CBS' East Coast morning show after taking over for Howard Stern on January 3rd, Roth has been already mentioned as following Stern to Sirius radio.

So let's start with the root of the rumors, and how they've gotten started. First and foremost, DLR has no qualms whatsoever in levying pain to those that he seeks out as the ones that have wronged him, in particular when it's taking money out of his pockets. Ask Big Ed Anderson and the Van Chirella brothers. Roth took it to the next level yesterday when he hired Howard Stern's lawyers to meet with CBS execs about settling his contract. That's right, the very same lawyers that are currently suing CBS radio for Stern. In Roth's words, my "legal team of Darth Vader...will settle like gentlemen, or start World War 9." Expect this to get extremely ugly. With Stern's lawyers in tow, I can't imagine CBS relenting anything, since doing so could hurt their case with alleged unpaid money to Stern. Roth certainly won't back down either, as he's already mentioning money that he could have made over the past 6 months in touring that he's turned down based on his radio show. Throw it all together, and you have one big clusterfuck for CBS. I'm sure nothing would make Roth any happier.

Nothing would make Stern happier either. Roth is said to be considering television and/or another radio gig. Roth has already contacted Sirius radio, and no doubt, had a phone call from Stern long before he reached the Free Radio studios yesterday morning. Roth probably will have to wait a bit before he can officially make an announcement, with certain legal proceedings about to take place, but I don't expect it to be that long before we get a confirmation that Roth is on Sirius in some capacity. Talk about a big FUCK YOU from Roth to CBS. Talk about a big FUCK YOU from Stern to CBS. Of course, CBS took a preemptive measure by signing Opie and Anthony to take over for Roth in a syndicated capacity. Opie and Anthony, who, ironically, were fired by Infinity broadcasting a few years ago for broadcasting 2 people having sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral, will be simulcast from XM radio for the first 3 hours of their show, putting the two head to head against Stern in nearly every major market, not to mention the satellite capacity. This should make the Stern, CBS, O&A war that much more interesting.

Where does Roth fit into all of this? I'm not sure, but I'm relatively certain that the one thing Roth wants to do before saying goodbye to radio for good is show people that he can do it if given a chance. The Satellite format may turn out to be the best place for this to happen. Ultimately, will it? I sure as fuck wouldn't bet against it...and I wouldn't doubt that we'll see Roth follow Stern on Stern's Sirius broadcasting...pitting Stern and Roth, the former CBS employees, against Opie and Anthony's time slot on the simulcast, and their subsequent 2 hours after the CBS feed ends.

If nothing else, it sure as hell COULD be fun...

Where do we at the Army ring in on this?

Well, We didn't start the Roth Army because of a radio gig...we started it because of the music...

that being said, if Roth can not only yank a few million out of CBS' pockets, and pocket a few more by joining Stern and Sirius, and proving the suits wrong...more power to him.

Hell...Roth isn't Roth if he isn't pissing off somebody...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

You know...the thing that sucks the most is that this will spawn a whole new bunch of Van Halen rumors...

like we haven't had enough of those...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• mikethemartian
      Groupie
      • Jun 2004

Is there a typo here? By "David Stern" do you mean Howard Stern or is this another person?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

No, I meant Bob the fucking Builder...christ...

Comment

• yah
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          You know...the thing that sucks the most is that this will spawn a whole new bunch of Van Halen rumors...

like we haven't had enough of those...
          Yep, we've had 10 years plus of those rumours going now, but I don't hear Dave saying anything concrete other than wanting to continue in radio....as for Edie and Alexandra, unless they're hurting for money, they'll probably just keep up the slacker lifestyle.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Oh...give the Chirellas time...I'm sure they'll find a whole new way of embarassing themselves...

My guess...is that VH performing in any capacity...is essentially done...but we'll get some sort of bloated package of crap...via a box set...or some horseshit like that...

No clue really...nor any real care...

Comment

• yah
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2006

Good Guess, Pojo...That "Best Of Both Worlds" release WAS a bloated cash cow for them...and what a reunion for Van Hagar!..3 whole new songs...lol! and then go out on a sloppy-drunk tour.
              Glad I wasn't there....heh heh

Comment

• ck_krafty
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Apr 2006

Roth to Sirius

Whilee the rumors were sure to start flying, I don't think we'll see DLR with a show on Sirius any time soon. As a subscriber and Stern listener, he has already been asked if he would give Dave a show and has said no.e did say he would have him on to discuss being shafted by CBS, but I doubt he would give him a show. Since I was a DLR fan long before Stern, my only interest in this is if for some reason Dave got a show on Sirius, I would be able to hear him every day rather than having to log on and sttream it when I get home. As with all things Roth, the music must come first, and I need a fix quickly! Sirius would also be cool if he could bring along Animal!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah...I heard that about Stern as well...

but remember...Stern has the 500 million dollar deal at Sirius to run several Stern shows...

but Sirius is bigger than Stern...he doesn't have to hire him...although he could...

but Sirius could do the deal without Stern involved...

Comment

• Sasha
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Mar 2006

Hey guys.

The rumor started, I would assume, because Roth himself said he had "a shout out to Sirius" when he was bidding goodbye in the beginning of Friday's show.

I don't know anything about any of this honestly.

So who knows. Has anyone ever seen Roth just walk away from something he believed in? Ever?

Everyone keep hopin'.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

absolutely not...

my guess...is he's going to be on a mission for a bit...

i'm sure it will clear itself out in the next few days...

especially if there isn't a clear ending to his contract issue...

we all here at the Army hope that you came out of this mess okay...

Comment

• mikethemartian
                        Groupie
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        No, I meant Bob the fucking Builder...christ...

I was just asking a question. There was no reason to berate me.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

No offense bro...but that's not even remotely close to the term "berate."

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

HA!!!

I'll have to pony up the money for satellite radio................

Given the chance, DAVE will build an audience beyond his loyal fanbase.....................

Comment

• steveokly
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • May 2006

I hope david lee roth goes to sirius radio censorship is a bitch ans so is CBS for firing dave we nee funny people like dave who are origanal

Comment

Working...