• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

that's actually funny...

Couch, Manning and Cutler...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

The Pac-10 was the only other conference to win more bowl games than they lost. The three bowl victories were by 12 points or less and against mediocre teams. This list is made up of UCLA’s shootout win over Northwestern (50-38), Cal’s win over BYU (35-28), and Arizona State’s win over Rutgers (45-40). In typical Pac-10 fashion, each game won by a Pac-10 team was a high scoring affair. However, these opponents are nothing to write home about.

The Pac-10’s most visible loss was USC’s Rose Bowl loss to Texas. The Trojans played the Longhorns close, but couldn’t stop Vince Young in the end. The conference only suffered one other loss in Oregon’s 17-14 loss to Oklahoma. In total, the Pac-10 didn’t have any embarrassing losses and stayed close in the two bowl games that they did lose. The Pac-10 has nothing to be ashamed of in their bowl games, but nothing really to pound their chests about either.

“Half” is the word that most accurately describes the SEC’s bowl game. The conference sent half of their teams to bowl games and won half of those. As always, the SEC played tough competition in their bowl games and their three wins include Alabama’s win over Texas Tech, Florida’s win over Iowa, and LSU’s annihilation of Miami. These wins are about as impressive as the wins the Big XII pulled off.

The three SEC losses were somewhat surprising. Auburn was handled by Wisonsin and lost by two touchdowns. Steve Spurrier and his South Carolina Gamecocks couldn’t outscore the Missouri Tigers and lost 38-31. Perhaps most surprising of all, SEC Champ Georgia found themselves trailing to Big East Champ West Virginia 28-0 quickly and couldn’t recover. The Bulldogs made a great comeback attempt, but couldn’t pull it out in the end and lost 38-35. Summing up the SEC’s bowl resume, I can say they had impressive wins and surprising losses

Not my words but found here:

Link
      Last edited by diamondD; 10-08-2006, 04:05 PM.
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• diamondD
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Now it's time for some Cowboys/Eagles and the T.O. show...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

personally...

I could give a shit less...
          the only thing I give a shit about is fucking Ohio State...I HOPE the rest of the conference gets their asses handed to them. I mean seriously...who gives a shit...

Wisconsin blew ass last year...but who knows...after a month and a week off...

anything can happen...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Well...I live down here...so I have these teams jammed down my fucking throat week after week...

after growing up with Big 10 football my entire life...I can safely say that the top tier SEC teams are as good as the top tier Big 10 teams...

I just think there are more top tier SEC teams overall...

Florida, Auburn, LSU and Georgia are at the top of that conference year in and year out (at least over the past 6 or 7 years)...

just those four teams at the top of any conference is daunting...

seriously...even if they aren't as good as USC...would YOU want USC playing those four week in and week out?

I sure wouldn't want OSU doing it...

Then you goto the 2nd tier...who by themselves...I don't think scares anyone...but...when you have games against Florida, Auburn, LSU and Georgia looming...doesn't give you a respite...

Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, South Carolina...

and hell...the bottom four have been good recently...

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Miss. State...

point is...that fucking grind...

When you really look at it...

it's mindboggling really...
            SEC scheduling is more than a grind, it's decimating for the top/mid-tier teams. UGA, UT, UF, AU...every year, conference play is make-or-break. Hats off to Nutt...he's been knocking on the door for a few years now.

Fuck...that UF D is no joke.

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Fuck why did I start this argument?

Note to self...JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

There I'll remember next time.

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

SC didn't play Texas close, they were up 12 with 5 minutes left and were the #1 team in the country. It was more like the other way around...Texas kept close to SC and pulled it out in the end thanks to some incredible play by Vince Young.

SC beat all comers for years, I'm sorry that we have to play in the Pac-10 and that's not good enough for a lot of you. The team's only out of conference loss to anyone in 5 years was a 3-pt loss to Texas, so whatever. There's no Division II schools in there, there's legitimate teams, from legitmate conferences. We play patsies sometimes, just like everyone else does, and we'll travel anywhere to play. A lot of schools don't do that. USC does.

You guys like to casually look past the good wins against RANKED out of conference opponents, because you say they came early, or they weren't a good team then...blah blah. I mean jesus, SC dominated Iowa in the Orange Bowl in 2003, owned Michigan in 2004 in the Rose Bowl, destroyed Oklahoma in 2005 for the national title, had a 12-point lead with 6 minutes left against Texas last year. I'll take that run anyday, and so would any of you.

The Pac-10 is a good conference, I'm not going to sit and argue it, I really don't care that much. I care about one school, and it's the school whose great run of success certainly doesn't need to be vaildated or defended.

Let UCLA, Oregon, Washington, or Cal fan defend their teams. They certainly may need to.
                Last edited by Brett; 10-09-2006, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BTW, you fuckers always piss me off talking about this shit. LMAO

I'm just going to watch my games, and that's it. I'm not getting sucked into "Who's better and why" arguments anymore.

Ok....that's gonna last 2 days, but I'm going to try anyway!

Comment

• EbDawson
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                    Let UCLA, Oregon, Washington, or Cal fan defend their teams.
                    Stanford's team GPA is higher than anybody from the SEC! So there.
                    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• diamondD
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Even better than Vandy's?

LOL I wasn't arguing about whether the PAC-10 is a good conference.

I'm just still elated over the biggest win since '81 and have 5 more days to celebrate it.

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Enjoy it, it certainly helped a lot of other teams out.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                          I'm just still elated over the biggest win since '81 and have 5 more days to celebrate it.
                          That was an outstanding game...
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Mark my words, and Brett, I know you're not going to like what I have to say, but, USC will get beat at least one time this year. It's coming, and they'll probably lose to the team you'd least expect. Always seems to happen that way, anyway.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And where's hop at? I wasn't going to rub it in, but he talked so much shit about Texas that one week, and always adding an extra "s", I have to say something! Where you at hop? What happened to that Oklahomo team Saturday, dude? How bad do them 'Horns suck now? Yep, it's spelled with an extra "s", as in Texputawhoopinondatass! He'll be in here Sooner or later!
                              Last edited by Little Texan; 10-09-2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                                Mark my words, and Brett, I know you're not going to like what I have to say, but, USC will get beat at least one time this year. It's coming, and they'll probably lose to the team you'd least expect. Always seems to happen that way, anyway.
                                Dude I've said that no less than 50 times in this thread. I know this is going to happen. And I'm fine with it, they're not a championship team right now. Next year, they will be again.

However boys, I'd like to see any other team in the nation winning without TWO All-American wide receivers...which is what SC has been dealing with.

Comment

Working...