X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I think that Cotto may have bitten off more than he can chew.....

Vitali Klitschko KO'd the guy whose name I can't spell (Albert Sonorowski?) on Saturday. Didn't even bother with a prediction, as I figured it was a foregone conclusion. Albert fought with heart, but I'm surprised how long he lasted - maybe Vitali is getting old..........
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

I had never even heard of Albert and didn't know where he came from. Were you familiar with him Binnie?
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Not really, I'd seen a few of his fights - he's one of the best fighters at European level, and quite talented. More of a prospect than a contender at this stage though.........

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Cotto looked re-juvenated against Foreman. Good to see him going back to what he does best: hitting the body. BAM.

More impressively, he also learned to pick his shots better and that patience can be more rewarding than relentlessnes. He's just made 154 even more interesting - not so sure he comes anywhere near to ruiling it (Martinez/Williams, to name but two) but he is a key player, that's for sure.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Cotto looked re-juvenated against Foreman. Good to see him going back to what he does best: hitting the body. BAM.

More impressively, he also learned to pick his shots better and that patience can be more rewarding than relentlessnes. He's just made 154 even more interesting - not so sure he comes anywhere near to ruiling it (Martinez/Williams, to name but two) but he is a key player, that's for sure.
            Interesting you mention those two names, because that's who they were saying he could do well at 154 UNLESS he got in the ring with either of them...I tend to agree.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

How about a big hand for Yuri Foreman for showing his metal. The kid has guts, i'll give him that. He made the fight and decided to go out with glory instead of quitting. We don't get that very often in the sport anymore.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Absolutely, hats off to him. Whilst he certainly showed guts, however, he didn't show much ring I.Q - he was the boxer in that ring, not Cotto, and he should have been moving more to making use of his size/reach advantage. Maybe the ring I.Q will come with age - he's got potential.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Andre Ward - Allan Green Saturday: Super-Six RD 2.

Hats off to Green for stepping up to the plate in replacing Jermain Taylor. He has little to lose, which makes him a dangerous opponent, a danger amplified by the fact that he posses genuine one punch KO power. Green is a very good boxer-puncher, a relatively untested talent whose abilites are difficult to gauge because he has fought for much of his career with an illness and/or injury: the blemish against Edison Miranda (who Ward spanked) is genuinely seen to be due to Green's ailments rather than a fundamental lack of talent.

It would certainly make the Super Six more interesting were Green to pull-off an upset, but it seems unlikely to happen. Sure, you can never rule out a KO (especially with questions over Ward's chin) but Ward has been in with two big punchers in his last three outings (Miranda and Kessler) and he trumped them by not letting them use that power. I see a similar affair on Saturday: Ward using his speed, rapid-fire work-rate and rough-house (read:illegal) tactics on the inside to smother Green, to stop him working and fighting the fight he wants to fight. Is Green tough enough to take the drubbing for 12 rounds? We'll see: I'll give him the benefit of the doubt a predict a Ward UD.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

You nailed it.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Interesting fight just announced between Casamayor and "The Ghost" Guerrero.....

When lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez and former titleholder Juan Diaz meet July 31 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in a rematch of the 2009 fight of the year, they will have a strong supporting cast on the undercard.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

On first thoughts, I think Casamayora is a little old to be competitive in that one.....

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Ward-Green was a complete shut-out: 120-108 three times over in Ward's favour.

Ward looked impressive, but he was helped by a frankly dire performance by Green. Utter shit - Jerman Taylor would have been a tougher test....

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

A snoozer it was. I had a tough time staying up for that one. Doesn't exactly make me look forward to Green's next Super 6 bout.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Green-Kessler might be interesting. Kessler, whilst tough as nails, is not the man he once was and Green will have a vast size advantage. That being said, I'm not at all convinced that Green is world class.

Dirrell-Ward will be really interesting....

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                                Dirrell-Ward will be really interesting....
                                No doubt. I am really looking forward to that one.

Any thoughts on Chavez Jr vs John Duddy this weekend? It is a pretty cool card considering you get to see Jorge Arce fight as well as Marco Antonio Bererra.

Comment

Working...