i have read his books
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      As far as the heavyweight division in MMA, it's kinda being recycled now..Fedor is fading, and the top eschelon of HW's can be counted on one hand....there is one interesting match-up tonight, however...Frank Mir vs TUF winner Roy "big country' Nelson. Nelson looks like a lard-ass nobody, but he has a fast overhand right that crushes people...he's the guy who layed on Kimbo Slice-Kimbo had no ground game at all. He couldn't save himself. Mir got smashed by Shane Carwin, but has outstanding Jiu-Jitsu skills. The light-heavyweight division is really where it's at IMO.

But back to boxing..

Sweetpea! I thought he was great! I remember the Buddy McGirt fight. Epic! Unfortunately, it was the last time I saw him fight.

Aaron Pryor.

Foreman.

I loved the battles between Bowe and Holyfield. The fights were great! But Bowe lost my respect when he refused to fight Lennox Lewis. Lewis would be on my all time list. Ahead of Tyson.

Ray Mercer. I always thought he had a great shot at beating Tyson should they have ever fought.

Roy Jones. Period.

Ali-Frazier. I watched those fights on TV as a kid. I never understood the significance of them...until I grew up.

The one thing I feel robbed of, is the matchup between Tyson and Holyfield when Tyson was still "Iron Mike". I never believed that Holyfield couldn't make it to the heavyweight division until after Tyson got beat down by Douglas. Then, 8 or nine monts later, Evander shows up to kick Buster's ass. Then Tyson gets locked up. Then Riddick Bowe shows up, takes it from Holyfield, refuses to fight Lewis, and I lost interest...But I kept watching Lennox Lewis..
      Lennox may not have been fan friendly all of the time, but he is the greatest heavy since Holmes. Perhaps Tyson could have been GOAT, but we'll never know.

As for Holyfield-Tyson prime-for-prime, my money would have been on Tyson. He was much quicker, sharper and had a bgetter defence than when Holyfield finally got him. On the issue of Bowe-Lewis, Bowe would have been outclassed.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

This Saturday: Carl Froch vs Glen Johnson (to see who joins Andre Ward in the Super Six final.)

This really is a difficult one - Glen has never been an easy night's work, but Froch has grit and awkwardness on his side. Could be fight of the year?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
          This Saturday: Carl Froch vs Glen Johnson (to see who joins Andre Ward in the Super Six final.)

This really is a difficult one - Glen has never been an easy night's work, but Froch has grit and awkwardness on his side. Could be fight of the year?
          Heal yeah. I have been looking forward to this fight and it looks to be a pocket war! Also, Chavez Jr. goes after a world title this weekend. I don't know much about the champion but it should be interesting.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Yeah, this should be an interesting one...Froch is NOT getting Johnson out of there easily...
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Can't believe this fight is happening this weekend as well.

At Albuquerque, N.M.: Johnny Tapia vs. Frankie Archuleta, third fight, 10 rounds, lightweights

Johnny boy was hell when he was well. I used to enjoy watching him fight before he went insane.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I would like to say Froch for the win.Not sure how to call it yet as i like both fighters

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  I would like to say Froch for the win.Not sure how to call it yet as i like both fighters
                  I agree with you. As great as Johnson is, i can't see him knocking Froch out or outworking him. I keep trying to find scenerios in my mind of how Johnson exactly would get a win and i just can't see it. As Teddy Atlas would say, it is all up to Froch.
                  Don't get me wrong, it is not going to be an easy fight for Froch. When it is over he is going to know he faced one tough dude but in the end i like him in a UD.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

If Froch uses his jab and keeps the distance, he'll win. If he can't do that, and let's Johnson get close, he'll get mauled all over the ring.

Never underestimate Johnson's cleverness. However, I do think that Froch has the tools to win a UD.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Just heard Froch spent some time in hospital,Anyone?

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Recently?

I heard he had a knee op last year, but nothing recent to my knowledge.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Some kind of ear problem i think

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

If Froch uses his jab and keeps the distance, he'll win. If he can't do that, and let's Johnson get close, he'll get mauled all over the ring.

Never underestimate Johnson's cleverness. However, I do think that Froch has the tools to win a UD.
                            IIRC, no one gave Glenn a snowball's chance in hell against Roy Jones, and look how that one turned out...Froch couldn't carry Roy Jones in his prime's jock.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Yeah, but Johnson did not get Jones in his prime. He was fucked after stepping back down from heavy.

Johnson has the williness, the awkwardness, and the toughness to make a great fight of this. But it's Froch's fight to lose: if he uses his brain, keeps his distance and pops the job to amass the points, it should be a UD. Why wage war and risk a shot at Ward?

I like Johnson, and I'd like him to win (largely because I think he would give Ward fits.)

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Kessler look good in his comeback tune-up. He hit his opponent with some staggering shots to force a TKO in rd 6, with KDs in 3 and 4. Kessler's jab looked better than it has in years, although he was getting hit a little more than he should.

Looking forward to seeing him back in with the best. Kessler-Abraham would be a good fight. They share promoters, so it should be easy to make.

Comment

Working...