Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

rather impressively too I might add.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Yep. Bhop becomes the oldest man to win a title ever. Dropping to do push ups before the 7th was funny.

Bhop takes on Chad Dawson next (who beat Diaconnu last night): not sure how wins that one, but we'll see.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yeah, huge props to BHop...that was an amazing performance. The bit with doing the pushups was classic. He just completely owned Pascal the vast majority of the night. I love when Max Kellerman asked Hopkins "Were you hurt in the 3rd round, and if so, how bad?" and Hopkins' instant response - "Man, I was hurt when I started training for this 9 weeks ago."
        The Dawson fight will be interesting indeed, can't really call that one either...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Good call guys. Props to Binnie and DB for calling the BHop victory. I really love Bernard's new fighting style. Pascal was really cool about it and very gracious. I was glad to see that. It tripped me out when Bernard threw out Bute as a possible future opponent. I also cracked up, like you guys, on the pushups. At that point in time you just knew Bernard owned him. I also crack up everytime Bernard does his ring walk and that guy sings "My Way" with the lyrics about Bernard. That is not only hilarious but is so damn cool as well. Old man my ass.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Great job Bhop,made me smile.He had it won before he stepped in the ring,props to pascal,classy guy.A thought on Roy jones Jr though,you know for a fact he will not call it quits now.His skills have dropped to the point where he can not defend himself in a 10 round fight,and it has been a good 6 years since he has been "the man".Do you think ANY boxing commission will give him a license to fight?.If he does not quit soon he will end up a cautionary tail for boxers as he will be at serious risk of a bad injury.He is basicaly at the stage where he is used to add a name to other boxers records.Thoughts?
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

An interesting talking point

when a fighter is badly hurt,On who does the responsability to end the fight fall,The ref or the Trainer?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                Great job Bhop,made me smile.He had it won before he stepped in the ring,props to pascal,classy guy.A thought on Roy jones Jr though,you know for a fact he will not call it quits now.His skills have dropped to the point where he can not defend himself in a 10 round fight,and it has been a good 6 years since he has been "the man".Do you think ANY boxing commission will give him a license to fight?.If he does not quit soon he will end up a cautionary tail for boxers as he will be at serious risk of a bad injury.He is basicaly at the stage where he is used to add a name to other boxers records.Thoughts?
                I agree that he is a name that fighters can put on their resume at this point but i would question the value of getting a win over Roy these days. As for him getting a license, i think he will continue to get licensed simply because others continued to be licensed that don't need to be in the ring. Not saying it's right but examples are: Evander Holyfield, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Hector Camacho, Thomas Hearns.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

when a fighter is badly hurt,On who does the responsability to end the fight fall,The ref or the Trainer?
                  I would put most of the responsibility on the referree because he is supposed to be impartial and doesn't have a stake in who wins. The corner should have equal responsibility but we know that certain corners are prideful and don't want to throw in the towel. AKA - their want to win overcomes their concern for their fighter which is really a sad thing.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I for one, would love to see Roy retire before he gets seriously hurt. Sadly, he's now a shadow of his former self. I think it was Harold Letterman that was comparing him to BHop, saying "The reason why Jones dominated Hopkins so badly in their original fight was Roy had all these natural gifts Bernard didn't, and BHop had so much more yet to learn in '93. And BECAUSE Roy was so gifted, he never HAD to be tough and stand there and trade with guys. Fast forward to today, Roy's physical gifts have deteriorated to the point where he CAN be hit now, and he never had to learn all the defensive tricks BHop did, which is how Bernard managed to dominate Roy as completely in their last fight as Roy had BHop in their original fight."

The Hopkins-Dawson fight is really intriguing now...
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Bhop would always have come up way short of a prime Roy. Shit, nost guys would.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Referee. The trainer wants his guy to win, and will be caught up in the moment. The Ref should be unbiased.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667

The Hopkins-Dawson fight is really intriguing now...
                          It could be a snooze fest. I'm curious to know WHY BHop wants it - Dawson is a slick boxer with fast hands who deosn't come forward: precisely the kind of guy Bhop has avoided since Taylor. Bhop hasobviously seen something he can use there, and I'm guessing he saw it in the first Glen Johnson fight, when Chad looked shell-shocked.

Chad has the abilities - and size - to be the man at 175 (i don't think many of the 168lbs can match him on skill, either.) But he looked hesitant and ill at ease on saturday.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Mayweather-Pacquiao has to happen (he said again, as if a mantra)...

That's the problem with boxing! Still waiting on a fight that should have happened over 2 years ago! Horseshit!

Start watching MMA...thank you.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                              It could be a snooze fest. I'm curious to know WHY BHop wants it - Dawson is a slick boxer with fast hands who deosn't come forward: precisely the kind of guy Bhop has avoided since Taylor. Bhop hasobviously seen something he can use there, and I'm guessing he saw it in the first Glen Johnson fight, when Chad looked shell-shocked.

Chad has the abilities - and size - to be the man at 175 (i don't think many of the 168lbs can match him on skill, either.) But he looked hesitant and ill at ease on saturday.
                              Agree, he looked hesitant - or bored - Saturday night. He's got way fast hands but didn't really use them completely to his advantage against a clearly slower opponent. I think you're right - if BHop WANTS that fight, he's seen something he thinks will give him the edge over yet another younger-stronger-faster fighter...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by hideyoursheep

Start watching MMA...thank you.
                                Get out

Comment

Working...